Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

DISNEY UPDATE!

On Monday after we left the field. I had promised Bryan a call.
as you read there just wasn't time. But from the news i had gotten earlier i need some happiness.

Up in my room- door shut- window air conditioner on- and TV- so the kids wouldn't hear my conversation grab tom's and my cell phones.
Of course kids are they found me up there. GO AWAY! I love you yes.. but if you don't leave me alone right now i may or may not duck tape you to the couch downstairs.
Go.
FINALLY ALONE.
Call Bryan neither one know's if 3 way calling is still a thing. So i used the other cell phone call Disney.
MUSIC! Happy Music! I have one phone to my ear with Bryan on it-- the other on speaker so Bryan can hear.
You would have laughed..
We were able to get Bryan BOOKED! Poly CL Lagoon view! YAY! I was SO HAPPY then Bryan asked if we could get Amy's parents booked too.
Hey we are on a roll let's do this!
this is where we hit a snag. Amy's Brother name is Dave. Who they all went to Disney back in July.
Well Amy's Dad is also David. WHo hasn't been to Disney since 1978. CLEARLY they are not in the system.
Not according to the CM who is INSISTING this David in the system is the same Dr. David who i am trying to get booked.
No.
No No No.. for 30 minutes. No No No.
Bryan is saying bad words on the other line... He can as CM cannot hear him.
Jerk
It was impossible. FINALLY she asked for David's former address I don't have it.
Oh then we will have to set up a new account.
Really?
No kidding.
I want to throw the phone. Bang head on the wall.
Finally Amy's Parents are BOOKED Poly CL Lagoon view! WE ARE ALL BOOKED!
Bryan and his in-laws will be there from the 9-16th!!! IT'S REAL PEOPLE! Are all BOOKED!!!
BOOKED!
So i had a lot of happiness in an otherwise awful day.

Today i finally ordered the boys personalized Gift cards. Wasn't fair meg had one the boys didn't!
One thing off the list!

Now?
I am caught up with work so it's time to start MOVIES!!! I am on a roll and i want to keep it up!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
PIXI DUST TO ALL!

f756d96b15fb8529744ac3f4b3c94389.jpg

Remember to hug all your loved ones!!!

Gosh darn it... One of my posts is missing. ;(

Please know that you've been on my mind this week... Love you my friend and sending strength to you and all involved. :hug:

Glad you were able to get all of those helmets cleaned - I can only imagine how gross they were.

I hope your weekend slows down just a bit so you can get some much needed rest. :lovestruc

D~

Came back to make sure it posted this time... I see it...

D~

I am finally all caught up, it took me a while!

First: I am so sorry for your loss! Such a horribly tragic story. :( Also I will keep your mom and aunt in my prayers!

Second: Equipment manager, wow! Sounds like a lot of time consuming work, I hope they appreciate you!

Third: Poly CL booked for everyone!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Finally:
Work was fun but it was time to head home. I saw this on the road:

Just weird...

He is weird! He is at the pumpkin farm that we visit every year, and he is STRANGE! One year he fell off the back of the wagon during his show, and no one could figure out if it was part of the show or not. We all just sat there wondering if we should laugh or ask if he was ok.

Last year he pulled Lorelai up to be his assistant for a trick he does every year, making a child float with a folding chair (it is just as strange as it sounds), but he whispered to her that he was going to make her disappear (which he wasn't, I don't know why he said that) and she told him she wanted to sit down. :rotfl:

Oh goodness, where to begin? I'm so sorry you had to see your aunt that way without warning--you described just how my Grandma looked the last time I got to see her. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease :( I can't even begin to say how sorry I was to hear about your friend after the tragedy of losing his son last year. There just aren't any words for that kind of tragedy.

In other news----THANK GOODNESS you finally got your travel buddies booked. It's real now!!!!!

Update on the Leinie Lodge. It's in Chippewa Falls, WI (even though most of the Summer Shandy is brewed in Milwaukee at the Miller Brewery). It was cool to see the old historic brew house (no pics allowed on the tour--BOO!) and hear about the family history. They are on their 6th generation of Brewmasters in the Leinenkugel family. The tour was about 45 minutes and then you got five 5 oz. tastings included for $5 and got to keep the glass. It was cool to do once, but if I were you, I'd just drive the quicky trip to Milwaukee and do the Miller tour. You still get to taste Shandy ;)

20160807_135214 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20160808_165808 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Mo,

You make me tired just reading your post. I thought my life was insane. You are definitely in my thoughts this week. I have dealt with too many suicides in my life...who am I kidding...One is too many. Anyway, it is so hard and if I could do anything to make it easier for you, please know that I would. I am so glad that you were able to work some Disney happy into your day. You deserved it!

I can sympathise - I was in charge of uniforms for the high school marching band for about 9 years - one year I didn't even have kids in the high school....

Gosh darn it... One of my posts is missing. ;(

Please know that you've been on my mind this week... Love you my friend and sending strength to you and all involved. :hug:

Glad you were able to get all of those helmets cleaned - I can only imagine how gross they were.

I hope your weekend slows down just a bit so you can get some much needed rest. :lovestruc

D~

The dis does that sometimes. Thanks for reading along!!
and Thanks. it's not easy. But i don't like to complain the Dis is the only place i can vent.

Came back to make sure it posted this time... I see it...

D~

It's there. :thumbsup2

I am finally all caught up, it took me a while!

First: I am so sorry for your loss! Such a horribly tragic story. :( Also I will keep your mom and aunt in my prayers!

I am sure it did! Sorry!
Thank you.

Second: Equipment manager, wow! Sounds like a lot of time consuming work, I hope they appreciate you!

Good Grief i did NOT know what i was getting myself into! WHY DID YOU PEOPLE NOT WARN ME?!?!

Third: Poly CL booked for everyone!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I know!!! I am so flipping excited!!! IT'S REAL!

He is weird! He is at the pumpkin farm that we visit every year, and he is STRANGE! One year he fell off the back of the wagon during his show, and no one could figure out if it was part of the show or not. We all just sat there wondering if we should laugh or ask if he was ok.

Last year he pulled Lorelai up to be his assistant for a trick he does every year, making a child float with a folding chair (it is just as strange as it sounds), but he whispered to her that he was going to make her disappear (which he wasn't, I don't know why he said that) and she told him she wanted to sit down.

No way.. You know this guy?!? What a creep!!
Poor kid I would have RUN from him!
This was spotted in Orland Park.

Oh goodness, where to begin? I'm so sorry you had to see your aunt that way without warning--you described just how my Grandma looked the last time I got to see her. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease :( I can't even begin to say how sorry I was to hear about your friend after the tragedy of losing his son last year. There just aren't any words for that kind of tragedy.

Thank you. No it's tough.. i hate that everyone around me is hurting so so much.
No Just pray for their strengthen.

In other news----THANK GOODNESS you finally got your travel buddies booked. It's real now!!!!!

I KNOW I KNOW!! I am SO SO EXCITED FOR THIS!

rewed in Milwaukee at the Miller Brewery). It was cool to see the old historic brew house (no pics allowed on the tour--BOO!) and hear about the family history. They are on their 6th generation of Brewmasters in the Leinenkugel family. The tour was about 45 minutes and then you got five 5 oz. tastings included for $5 and got to keep the glass. It was cool to do once, but if I were you, I'd just drive the quicky trip to Milwaukee and do the Miller tour. You still get to taste Shandy ;)

20160807_135214 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20160808_165808 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Still sounds awesome!!! love how you had a great little vacation before school!!!
When do you start?

Mo,

You make me tired just reading your post. I thought my life was insane. You are definitely in my thoughts this week. I have dealt with too many suicides in my life...who am I kidding...One is too many. Anyway, it is so hard and if I could do anything to make it easier for you, please know that I would. I am so glad that you were able to work some Disney happy into your day. You deserved it!

I. Am. Exhausted. I just pray for Gia and strengthen. for her and the other two kids.

YAY for Disney!!! I am so excited they are BOOKED!

I can sympathise - I was in charge of uniforms for the high school marching band for about 9 years - one year I didn't even have kids in the high school....

you didn't warm me.
This is crazy!!! C.R.A.Z.Y.
Oh NO! I will not be involved when the kids are out. I can't stand being on a board of any kind those people are nuts and i want NO PART OF IT.

I still want you to come out one weekend.. :thumbsup2

I am still following along, but I get winded just reading about your schedule.

Glad everyone is officially booked. I did have to laugh at Iamthequeen's post about not getting rid of the responsibility, even after her kids were gone. We had that with high school theater and choir at Marissa's high school. This poor dad had 5 kids go through the program and was looking forward to quitting when his youngest daughter graduated. He then "volunteered" for 2 more years after (choir director said she didn't have time or energy to retrain anyone). He actually moved out of the state. He said it had to do with our high taxes, but I know it was to get away from the choir/theater program.

Have a good week this week.

I hate Mondays.

Unless it's in Disney. Otherwise i hate them
This morning i have all my junk. Two bags and cupS of Coffee. Turn off the car throw keys in one bag and decided to grab the bags from the other side of the car.
and locked the doors
Yep Locked the car with everything inside. Finally about 6:30 one of the guys came and broke in for me and i was back in action with coffee!

Weekend.. Was there one? I don't remember it.
Friday Wake. rather not talk about it. Then i had my three classes. all went well. Cute puppies!
Saturday I was due to work Job #2. they ended up calling me as i was walking out the door to tell me have a good day. I was really hoping they were going to do this as i have to get the kids ready for school!!!
well i went and changed clothes- the kids and i jumped into the car and drove over to Gurnee Mills (outlet mall)
and bought gym shoes.. that was it.
BUT a trip to the Disney store was in order yes i bought too much.
Sunday i was due to work again and this time i had to go. it was fun!
Back at home Tom switched our 60' TV from the basement to upstairs.
1. Don't let your 11 year old do the measuring.
2. Measure twice cut once.
3. my Tv stand is for a 50-55' inch TV.
Nope doesn't fit yet he is leaving it there. --- I don't even care anymore.
Matt was begging for stuffed chicken breasts last night- of course i ran to the store. PEanut was at her softball banquet It was boys choice for dinner. Being exhausted just wanted to run in get what i needed and get out.
nope Ran into a friend and ended up talking with them for like 45 minutes.
grumble.
Driving back home i was looking forward to jumping in the shower throwing the food together and RELAXING with a movie.
Nope.
When i got home Tom had left for his second job and Chunk was in my living room.
COME ON!
he stayed for a while and i think got the hint i was not in the mood for company and he left shortly after.
We ended up watching the end of pitch perfect then the latest See ya reel soon.
Not going to lie... Watching anything about Disney world on a 60' tv is heaven.. Then i told the kids about Hank.. and being in EVERY SINGLE PIXAR MOVIE to date. They went on a search of all things hank and pixar! HA HA HA!
Today i am working both jobs Job #2 until close. I will be tired...

Disney..
I am surprised. Peanut is usually the one who will tell me she misses Disney. Always puts on Disney music in my car.
Not this time. Zack had us singing along to all the Disney tracks i have all the way to the mall on Saturday. Matt is the one who is telling me DAILY how he misses Disney and how they wish they were back... Just knowing ALL of my midgets love Disney this much makes going that much better!!!
We did stop at the Disney outlet.. I was NOT planning on it..
We ended up buying a Shellie May pillow pet- more Tsums couple of shirts and Zack has added more Disney food magnets to our Fridge. (most take a picture for you all) i was NOT budgeted for a Disney stop... oh well..
I have to keep telling them NO WE ARE NOT GOING THIS YEAR.. I do believe Matt thought we were going to surprise them this year for their birthday. I do NOT want to crush that thought so i keep telling them no... It won't be this year.
SO.. I am missing Disney terribly lately. Mostly because of all the dark clouds lately. We need a get a way. So i am going to submerge myself in Making Disney home movies (i really wish i could share with you all!!!)
and start making the reveal video
right now I have Disney parks series going on on my laptop. Just watching it all is MAGICAL! Just wish they would make a newer one! this stuff is out of date!! LOL!!

Hope everyone has a better monday!

Talk soon and thank you all for your kind words. they do help. Just keep praying for Gia and her family for strength to get through such a dark time.

I am still following along, but I get winded just reading about your schedule.

You and me both...

Glad everyone is officially booked. I did have to laugh at Iamthequeen's post about not getting rid of the responsibility, even after her kids were gone. We had that with high school theater and choir at Marissa's high school. This poor dad had 5 kids go through the program and was looking forward to quitting when his youngest daughter graduated. He then "volunteered" for 2 more years after (choir director said she didn't have time or energy to retrain anyone). He actually moved out of the state. He said it had to do with our high taxes, but I know it was to get away from the choir/theater program.

Have a good week this week.

Me too! Can't wait for NEXT YEAR!!!
HA HA HA HA that will be me.. After the kids graduate out of school we plan on Hitting the road!!! JUST TO GET AWAY FOR THESE DANG BOARDS!!! HA HA HA HA!!!

I have to keep telling them NO WE ARE NOT GOING THIS YEAR.. I do believe Matt thought we were going to surprise them this year for their birthday. I do NOT want to crush that thought so i keep telling them no... It won't be this year.

Is this the first time you have skipped a year?

I bet that a part of them doesn't want to believe you when you say no trip this year.

Saw this & thought of you.

87bd5f40b4f9aef77085d10ebe38c0cd.jpg

I know D is going in October too but if there is anything I can do for you while we're down there or ANYTHING at ANYTIME at all, please let me know.

Is this the first time you have skipped a year?

we took a hiatus from 2011-2014 That was ONE LOOOOOOOOOOOOG break.. Yes we try to go every year.
This year wasn't happening since the friends dumped out on us. We figured on the expensive trip for next year!!

I bet that a part of them doesn't want to believe you when you say no trip this year.

your so so right.. I just HOPE they get it.. Then again with not going this year maybe they will believe me when i tell them we aren't going until 2018?!?!
Bigger surprise for next year?!?

Saw this & thought of you.

View attachment 187948

I know D is going in October too but if there is anything I can do for you while we're down there or ANYTHING at ANYTIME at all, please let me know.

THAT is perfect!!

you are so so kind!! I might!! you may become part of the reveal video!!!

Really, Hank is in every Pixar movie? Even Brave? Wow new to me! You have to show us your Disney Store purchases. Ohhh, it's Tuesday which means DLR delivery at my store (or at least that is what I was told)! And have you seen the villain tsumtsums coming out next month?!

Glad everyone is officially booked. I had the hardest time helping a friend book recently. We got her booked and then when she called in to make the deposit (it was on a courtesy hold), she couldn't verify who she was because somewhere in their system they had an address that was literally 15 years old (and she has been to WDW and cruises several times since then)...and she had no idea the CM was looking for that old address. They ended up canceling the reservation and she had to re-book! It's crazy!

I hope this week is a better one for you!

Really, Hank is in every Pixar movie? Even Brave? Wow new to me!

Yep!

Now go and find him!

You have to show us your Disney Store purchases.

I didn't get the picture! DANG IT

Ohhh, it's Tuesday which means DLR delivery at my store (or at least that is what I was told)!

I LOVE and adore the Outlet stores!
Where is there a WDW outlet store? why is it always DL?

And have you seen the villain tsumtsums coming out next month?!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!

Glad everyone is officially booked. I had the hardest time helping a friend book recently. We got her booked and then when she called in to make the deposit (it was on a courtesy hold), she couldn't verify who she was because somewhere in their system they had an address that was literally 15 years old (and she has been to WDW and cruises several times since then)...and she had no idea the CM was looking for that old address. They ended up canceling the reservation and she had to re-book! It's crazy!

It was such a pain in the **** to get it all done. Just glad that's over. and we are all connected in MDE! which was a whole other issue.

I hope this week is a better one for you!

You and me both!!

Fantastic that everyone is booked! So happy for you! :lovestruc

Thank you!!! I am just glad this part is OVER!!

DLR goes to the Disney Store Outlet stores and WDW has a different distribution route. We all wish it would change too! I had one of the Disney Parks buyers come through my line once...she laughed and said those are my sins (pointing to DLR). We of course told her to sin away and while she was at it get WDW stuff sent to us. It sounded like something she has heard before. So who knows maybe when the current distribution contracts are up, they will send it all to TDS Outlets! Okay, wishful thinking on my part!

DLR goes to the Disney Store Outlet stores and WDW has a different distribution route. We all wish it would change too! I had one of the Disney Parks buyers come through my line once...she laughed and said those are my sins (pointing to DLR). We of course told her to sin away and while she was at it get WDW stuff sent to us. It sounded like something she has heard before. So who knows maybe when the current distribution contracts are up, they will send it all to TDS Outlets! Okay, wishful thinking on my part!

Yep! I do wish they sold more WDW stuff.. then again maybe not? I can go for broke!!! LOL

Today!

Most of you know my City job has been weighing on me..

If you don't know. What I do is gain projects that are all screwed up fix them and move to the next.

Talked to my boss today.. Start of Budget (January) i get to move again! Back to my old stomping grounds! THE SIGN SHOP!
Yes - where they make all the City signs. i guess the WHOLE administration part of the plant is screwed up and i get to go and fix that! WOOHOO! :sad2:

:earseek:

This is going to be ugly.. But i am ready to move on. I have been at the in house plant for way too long and honestly I am starting to really hate my job here. So i am looking forward to a new adventure!!!
Yet will miss the people i have been working with for so so long! :sad:

Bittersweet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter