Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

day i started to look more closely at Universal pricing! HOLY COW PEOPLE you did NOT tell me how dang expensive this is!
For one night at the P -something-er-other resort, Tickets
is 1632.67! HOLY MOLEY!!!
I want to stay at one of the resorts who adds the express pass, and early entry into the park
I can stay at one of the Disney resorts for a WEEK for a 1600.00!

Say what?!?! These prices seem WAY high. I did a check and for 2 nights 3 days you can get Cabana Bay for $1906. Not sure if that's much better.

Congrats on the windfall- definitely a bright shining light in your tunnel of dark terrible stuff happening this year!

Flying! I hate long car rides- I can see making it exciting on the way down but 18hours post Disney seems likes the doldrums- the 7 in the car back to our house sucks enough. Glad you can get tickets- I think SW has a fare sale in the spring. Also, try signing up on airfarewatchdog.com- it sends alerts to fare changes.

Living in the south?! I never thought I'd be a southerner but I love it down here!

I just want to let you know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. The Dis has been giving me a hard time whenever I try to reply.
Universal is very expensive and I'm not sure it's worth it. We've been there a few times and the lines were never that long but I felt that there isn't really that much to do compared to Disney.
Liz

Hating on the Peach state??? lol. I'm about 15 minutes south of the border in Florida.

To be fair we have driven through it only stopping for gas and pit stops What i have seen is not impressive. and i haven't seen one damn peach throughout the entire drive!!
Going there for the weekend i can give you a better review?!?! LOL

So you only have about a 6 hour drive to Disney?

m so excited for your flying plans and plans to easily pay off your trip. It's going to be an amazing trip for you guys!!!

ME TOO!! I really am so happy to be flying again!! YAY! more so about the ME!

We haven't done a party yet (annual passes plus small kids = a waste for us). I LOVE reading and watching videos of other people going and can't wait to make it to one some day!

you MUST try it! The parties are the best part!!

I would love to see the HP stuff at Universal but the prices are just too crazy expensive. Maybe when your kids are teens, like 15-ish, they will be much more into the thrill rides that would make a trip there a little more tolerable.

I cannot agree more. Yet the kids do love the thrill rides. but there is no way i am paying that. i just don't understand HOW they can charge that much! Highway robbery! for two parks? nope.. just nope.

We've gotten some pretty cheap flights on Southwest in September. I hope you can get that number down to at least $1,500.

Me too.. But i won't have price shock when i go to book the flights when they are about 2,000.00 here is to hoping for a price cut!!

Do you say "live"?

i do say live! I am tired of Chicago. Too much hate- protesters- gangs- morons! and lets not even talk about how much $$ it takes to live in this crappy city.
I want a bigger home with a little bit more room between my neighbors.

We used to like to stop at Mammoth Cave in Kentucky on our way down to Disney. That is a nice distance from Chicago. We've also stopped at Andrew Jackson's home, The Hermitage, near Nashville. We've explored Lookout Mountain in Chattanoga. But e haven't done any of that in 20 years, so I don't know what those places are like now.

it's all so beautiful isn't it? I want to wake up every morning have coffee on my porch watching wildlife and mountains! CLEAN AIR! Yes please Dog having some room too RUN.

Hey your leaving in a WEEK?!?! You lucky DUCK!

Say what?!?! These prices seem WAY high. I did a check and for 2 nights 3 days you can get Cabana Bay for $1906. Not sure if that's much better.

1906.00 FOR 2 NIGHTS??? are you kidding me? nope. again i can stay in a Disney resort for a week for 1900.00. This is highway robbery!! Yet thank you for looking!! Just cannot justify that price tag! Not even adding food or pictures!

Congrats on the windfall- definitely a bright shining light in your tunnel of dark terrible stuff happening this year!

I cannot agree more!! Now to get his sister to SIGN the damn paperwork i will be in HEAVEN!!!

Flying! I hate long car rides- I can see making it exciting on the way down but 18hours post Disney seems likes the doldrums- the 7 in the car back to our house sucks enough. Glad you can get tickets- I think SW has a fare sale in the spring. Also, try signing up on airfarewatchdog.com- it sends alerts to fare changes.

I don't mind the car rides as long as i have stuff to look at or we are all being silly. and it's light.. when I'm driving in the dead of night everyone is sleeping with the rhythmic breathing.. I am doing the dance for Ra. LOL it's awful.

Living in the south?! I never thought I'd be a southerner but I love it down here!

I cannot wait to move.. Plus i am about done with Chicago winters. it hurts.
Why do we live somewhere when the weather HURTS???

I just want to let you know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. The Dis has been giving me a hard time whenever I try to reply.

HI!!! I have missed you!!! The Dis ALWAYS gives me a hard time. Along with my Shockwave crashing every 2 minutes.

Universal is very expensive and I'm not sure it's worth it. We've been there a few times and the lines were never that long but I felt that there isn't really that much to do compared to Disney.

I do want to see it! I would love to see all the Harry Potter stuff, Yet i cannot justify the price tag for one night! It's insane!

Be back soon i have SO MUCH to do today it's crazy!

Move to North Carolina ... we jokingly call it the "Half Back" state. People move down (retire) from the frigid North to Florida and realize it is way too hot ... so they head north about half way and plop down here. I live outside Raleigh. It's about a 10 hour straight shot to Disney via I-95. Once we left the park just after lunch and I had my boys in their own beds by 11pm. Of course everyone was so tired they slept all the way home so I didn't stop driving :)

Move to North Carolina ... we jokingly call it the "Half Back" state. People move down (retire) from the frigid North to Florida and realize it is way too hot ... so they head north about half way and plop down here. I live outside Raleigh. It's about a 10 hour straight shot to Disney via I-95. Once we left the park just after lunch and I had my boys in their own beds by 11pm. Of course everyone was so tired they slept all the way home so I didn't stop driving :)

Since i am having such nasty computer issues I decided to take the rest of the day to search Zillow.
All the homes i have checked thus far i can get a house DOUBLE the size of mine for the same price.

This the my criteria for relocating:
SAFETY!
I am DONE with Chicago and all it's Gang-protester crime- random shootings- break ins- property vandalism-
Schools!
Need to make sure the kids will have a great education! Public school please!
Hospitals.
That's a given
Jobs.
The house:
Must a have a large Kitchen!
Lots of running room for the dogs!
Porch I want to be able to have coffee on the porch watching the sunrise-sunset!
Must be a perfect Christmas home!

Am i the only one who has been sucked into the Hallmark Christmas movies? I will admit it. I am.
I am in the Christmas Spirit!
But it makes me think of the next home.. Which will be my forever home!!! I refuse to move again so this better be the best neighborhood!! LOL
I want the big home filled with the people we love and FUN!
My little merry band of crazy is really outgrowing the home we have now..

So i am still on the look out! I hope to find that PERFECT fit!

Mock up Plans for Day 5

First let me point out i am sick, Yep i am calling it i am sick. My throat is killing me! Like little swords up and down! my cough sounds like a horse! and it HURTS!

I left my tea at home.. boo..

This computer is about to go right through a window. I have to call this thing in.

Before i do all that nonsense let's do a quick mock up plans of Day 5.

Nothing i am writing is set in stone since we haven't met with Bryan and Amy YET to go over everything! so i am sure this will all change after our meeting, Which needs to happen and happen SOON!

This is going to be our DAY OFF! SLEEP IN from such a long night of FUN!!

Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_23757.jpg

Maybe pay a little homage to this little dude!

The kids and maybe the bigger kids will:
2389011193_136eb875fd.jpg

Considering the ONLY time the kids were able to go into the pool last time

The ONE night where we sat on the beach watched wishes kids played in the sand and on the back to the room we let them jump into the pool fully clothed!
Remember this was our first visit we didn't know any better.. BUT WE DO NOW!
i plan on taking full advantage of the resort!
there is the pool- club level experiences- volleyball- campfire-
Dinner at Ohana!

More Poly Pictures of things

Maybe a trip over to Disney springs! who know this is a low key day!

Ohana means family!!!

Would you consider moving to a suburb and keeping your current jobs?

Your off day sounds great. Kids love to swim and the pool bar is convenient for adults.

Would you consider moving to a suburb and keeping your current jobs?

Your off day sounds great. Kids love to swim and the pool bar is convenient for adults.

I can't... If i work for the City i must live in the city.

Your not kidding.. The pool bar is really enticing! i can't wait!

Congrats on unexpected money. I would love to live a bit closer to Disney. I can't see it happening, because parents are getting older and they are close to here. Thankfully, it isn't too cold here, just rainy. It just isn't Disney convenient. Takes us forever to fly to WDW. We always choose to save money and drive if going to DL and I take 2 days to do that.

I am going to re-read your plans so I can get ideas. We are now planning a trip (spur of the moment in Disney planning stages) for late August / early September 2017. I think I am one of the few that is actually excited about Pandora and Avatar Land. We checked out the movie from the library a few weeks ago, just so it is fresh in our minds. I wish we could go later in September, but with Chelsea still in school and dance, it just isn't possible.

Have a very good Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, you have been BUSY since I was last able to check in (did I expect anything less? NOPE. You should be called SuperMo!).

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Videoing a funeral?! That's...quirky! Photography is still pretty common from what I've heard (Thanos Archives on FB have some beautiful historical examples...how stunning modern-day ones would look in glorious technicolour rather than sepia tones, I'm not sure though!), someone borrowed one of my friend's cameras to take his father's funeral photographs. I don't think that's how I would want to remember a person, but each to their own I guess!

I got all excited that you were going to UNIVERSAL!! And then not so much:rotfl: That does sound crazy expensive. We tend to just get park tickets and drive there, so I had no idea how much their hotels were! I guess adding in the express passes etc bumps the cost up a bit, we never pay for those we just take our chances and queue.

Your Halloween looks amazing! A house near to my parents' place had a little graveyard set up in their front yard flower bed...That's about as all-out as people go near us for Halloween!

Why not go the whole hog and move to Florida! Think of the FL resident discounts!! ;)

I fell so far behind!

Moving are we? I wanna move too, but any where I want to be takes me further from Mickey, no good. Where about S are you guys thinking? We love NC, it's so lovely, and you get all 4 seasons, which is a plus to us Floridian; we only get hot and hurricane seasons.

Plans look good! I'm glad you are planning some Poly time. And omg, the kids were so little on your last/first trip there!!

Congrats on the lucky timing with the extra money! Sometimes good things happen at the right time. Day 5 plans look great! A relaxing day at the resort is nice. I did that this past September. My friend and I had big girl drinks at the pool, while our other friend went on the Safari at AK.

And yes. I have been sucked into the Hallmark channel since Halloween. Taking time outs to watch the new Gilmore Girls, and This is Us.

I think all of your reasons to relocate are spot-on. Too bad I have had to replace the furnace, roof, A/C and fully redid our bathroom in the time we've lived in our house. I told Rob we have to stay in it forever now!

I can't believe how tiny your kiddos look in those pictures!!! And I LOVE that you are the kind of parents who would let your kids jump in the pool with their clothes on :) Magical memories!!

How Exciting that your actually going to be able to fly. When our kids were younger, we drove from Ohio which was a 16 hour drive. As the kids got older, it was just to much. They barely fit in the back seat any more because they wouldn't quit growing. They would be so cramped now because they are so big and they can't stand it for a couple hours let alone 16. We made the decision some time ago that if a trip was more than 4-5 hours, we would need to fly or not go because of this.

I think your "expected flight cost" is CRAZY high. I understand the whole expect high cost and be happy if you get less cost!
Don't forget to look at Frontier Airlines as well as Southwest Airlines. They only book out about 6 months, so when you do searches right now like at priceline Frontier Airlines doesn't show up yet for your dates. You would fly out of O'Hare right?

Just did a "dummy search" for March flights on Priceline and Frontier Airlines is showing from Chicago IL O'hare to Orlando Non stop... then you would have luggage fee's. If you pay for them at time of booking online, they are $25 per checked bag per light... so even if you did 4 bags, that would be $100 each way so an additional $200 for checked bags.
upload_2016-11-28_11-0-2.png

Then Southwest... I don't think you can book them anywhere other than their web sight so they don't show up at Priceline type sights. I may be wrong about that, but I have never seen them when I use Priceline or Expedia. However, when I did a "dummy search" with them, they do not fly out of O'hare it seems. For IL it would be Midway to Orlando. Don't know anything about Midway Airport though. I have only been to O'Hare. Also, Southwest, you get 2 checked bags free with each paid ticket. So ultimately you could check 10 bags with no charge. Here is what I got.
midway.jpg

Hey there Mo - hope you had a blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving and are feeling better.

WHOA - I check in on your plans and now you are FLYING?!!? That is AWESOME. I am so very happy for your extra pixie dust thrown your way. I love Southwest and their 2 bags free per person, even though you are herded on like cattle. If you do choose SW you might consider paying the extra $ to board early, so all of you can sit together and have plenty of overhead space.

Moving for life; I know you want good schools for your kids and a little room. You know I love my space; 5 acres of heaven where I live. The traffic is crazy stupid to/from work because everyone and their dog decided to move north of San Antonio, but when I drive up my driveway in my little rural burb I just let out a breath of calmness. As a side note, an attorney I worked for moved from North Carolina back to San Antonio where he is originally from and couldn't stand the heat and concrete here and moved back to North Carolina. He just loves it there. The mountains are so close. It will be interesting to see where you land. I am sure you want to do this before the kiddos go to high school?

US is so dang expensive, especially since their new additions. I don't see how people do it and Disney. It would have to be a one or the other type of vacation. You will have to see where your vacations take you as the kids get older. My sons wanted to start cruising once they hit high school.

Take care Mo!

Congrats on unexpected money. I would love to live a bit closer to Disney. I can't see it happening, because parents are getting older and they are close to here. Thankfully, it isn't too cold here, just rainy. It just isn't Disney convenient. Takes us forever to fly to WDW. We always choose to save money and drive if going to DL and I take 2 days to do that.

Thank you!
Yes moving closer to Disney is a plus. but all in all it's about a better life! can't wait to get out of Chicago.
Ouch. your pretty far from both! 18 hours to WDW. I haven't been to DL but i can guarantee we would fly to California. Unless we have about a month to drive and see all the sights!
Flying is not cheap. So it's an either or. Fly or go to U.S. as a parent? I choose to fly.

I am going to re-read your plans so I can get ideas. We are now planning a trip (spur of the moment in Disney planning stages) for late August / early September 2017. I think I am one of the few that is actually excited about Pandora and Avatar Land. We checked out the movie from the library a few weeks ago, just so it is fresh in our minds. I wish we could go later in September, but with Chelsea still in school and dance, it just isn't possible.

I am with you! I CANNOT wait to see Pandora! i know it's going to be amazing!
Totally understand about schedules! this is going to interfere with football and weigh in's but we will make it work. Just don't know how just yet! LOL!
Dont' care. I'm going to Disney.

Have a very good Thanksgiving!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Ours was OK. being sick put a damper on MY spirit. The kids did just fine!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Wow, you have been BUSY since I was last able to check in (did I expect anything less? NOPE. You should be called SuperMo!).

HA HA HA funny you said that.. This was made EONS ago!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Videoing a funeral?! That's...quirky! Photography is still pretty common from what I've heard (Thanos Archives on FB have some beautiful historical examples...how stunning modern-day ones would look in glorious technicolour rather than sepia tones, I'm not sure though!), someone borrowed one of my friend's cameras to take his father's funeral photographs. I don't think that's how I would want to remember a person, but each to their own I guess!

I agree with you. Not how i would want to remember people in my life.
Death and grieving makes you do weird things i guess??? I am still in shock they had it videoed!!! just weird.
Photography and death has been around for decades, again. nothing i want! LOL

I got all excited that you were going to UNIVERSAL!! And then not so much:rotfl: That does sound crazy expensive. We tend to just get park tickets and drive there, so I had no idea how much their hotels were! I guess adding in the express passes etc bumps the cost up a bit, we never pay for those we just take our chances and queue.

I think i need to call them? Maybe what i am doing on-line v/s calling them might differ... who knows i need to make several phones calls today i might as well add this to the list?
Need to do more research!

Your Halloween looks amazing! A house near to my parents' place had a little graveyard set up in their front yard flower bed...That's about as all-out as people go near us for Halloween!

Thank you! We do love our Halloween!!!

Why not go the whole hog and move to Florida! Think of the FL resident discounts!! ;)

If i could handle the snakes and humidity i WOULD!

I fell so far behind!

No biggie i am not that far into it! LOL

Moving are we? I wanna move too, but any where I want to be takes me further from Mickey, no good. Where about S are you guys thinking? We love NC, it's so lovely, and you get all 4 seasons, which is a plus to us Floridian; we only get hot and hurricane seasons.

we are moving! just WHERE is the main question! I no longer want this awful winters. and safety is #1!
Ky-Tenn- SC so far is on the list.
Fl- you have mammoth snakes no thank you. and gators who will eat my animals? just nope.

Plans look good! I'm glad you are planning some Poly time. And omg, the kids were so little on your last/first trip there!!

Thank you! Yes they were little weren't they? and so wide eyed looking around at EVERYTHING! it makes it so much more magical!
they still love Disney at their age of 12. it's not the same..

Congrats on the lucky timing with the extra money! Sometimes good things happen at the right time. Day 5 plans look great! A relaxing day at the resort is nice. I did that this past September. My friend and I had big girl drinks at the pool, while our other friend went on the Safari at AK.

Thank you!! Very exciting!!! can't wait to get the trip paid OFF!
Yes we need a relaxing day! Paying this much for a resort you just HAVE to make some time for it right?
I am so for drinks by the pool..

And yes. I have been sucked into the Hallmark channel since Halloween. Taking time outs to watch the new Gilmore Girls, and This is Us.

Glad i am not the only one! I didn't know Gilmore Girls were on now! I though it was NEXT MONTH?!?! oh now i have to break from Hallmark to netflix!!

I think all of your reasons to relocate are spot-on. Too bad I have had to replace the furnace, roof, A/C and fully redid our bathroom in the time we've lived in our house. I told Rob we have to stay in it forever now!

Nope. It now means you get more out of the house...
Just sayin.
Your not IN Chicago are you? i thought you were north/west suburb?
I heard they are talking about putting a toll on the Eisenhower?

I can't believe how tiny your kiddos look in those pictures!!! And I LOVE that you are the kind of parents who would let your kids jump in the pool with their clothes on :) Magical memories!!

How about it. they were little weren't they? Look how fast time goes!
from this:

To this:

Or worse:

ya blink and poof! no more midgets.

How Exciting that your actually going to be able to fly. When our kids were younger, we drove from Ohio which was a 16 hour drive. As the kids got older, it was just to much. They barely fit in the back seat any more because they wouldn't quit growing. They would be so cramped now because they are so big and they can't stand it for a couple hours let alone 16. We made the decision some time ago that if a trip was more than 4-5 hours, we would need to fly or not go because of this.

I had to laugh out loud. No they don't fit anymore do they!!! I did buy one of those luggage things which go on top of my truck to give them more room! Thankfully i do not have to use it this time.. But it's there for our next road trip!
I don't get excited over cars like some people do. But this drove past us one day when we were walking into a store and i stopped and said we need that:
2016-gmc-yukon-xl-denali-side-profile-in-motion-03.jpg

Look at the inside!
ca-2016-yukon-xl-full-size-suv-mo-interior-732x282-01.jpg

Yes.. I need this.
One day. Until then i will keep on with my battleship until she sinks for good.

I think your "expected flight cost" is CRAZY high. I understand the whole expect high cost and be happy if you get less cost!
Don't forget to look at Frontier Airlines as well as Southwest Airlines. They only book out about 6 months, so when you do searches right now like at priceline Frontier Airlines doesn't show up yet for your dates. You would fly out of O'Hare right?

Yes this would be O'Hare and i believe we flew out of Frontier with the farewell to Duffy trip?!?!
I am on the watchdog airfair thing so it keeps me updated on the flights, I am not married to the idea of southwest yet it's the easiest!

Just did a "dummy search" for March flights on Priceline and Frontier Airlines is showing from Chicago IL O'hare to Orlando Non stop... then you would have luggage fee's. If you pay for them at time of booking online, they are $25 per checked bag per light... so even if you did 4 bags, that would be $100 each way so an additional $200 for checked bags.

This is a lot cheaper! not too bad for the checked bags. if it has to be then it has to be! I just cannot wait to get it all DONE! all i have to worry about is how to surprise them!

Then Southwest... I don't think you can book them anywhere other than their web sight so they don't show up at Priceline type sights. I may be wrong about that, but I have never seen them when I use Priceline or Expedia. However, when I did a "dummy search" with them, they do not fly out of O'hare it seems. For IL it would be Midway to Orlando. Don't know anything about Midway Airport though. I have only been to O'Hare. Also, Southwest, you get 2 checked bags free with each paid ticket. So ultimately you could check 10 bags with no charge. Here is what I got.

Midway is a LOT closer to me and i don't have to deal with the nasty traffic up north. So Midway is ideal for us south Chicago people! LOL talking about 30 minutes v/s hours sitting in traffic. which should only be about 45 minute drive.
I do plan on getting something to drive us to whatever airport on the way there.

I really appreciate you looking for me! Especially when i haven't had to chance to do so! I am high balling it.. so when i do book it's a lot cheaper and i am a lot happier getting it less then 2,000!

Hey there Mo - hope you had a blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving and are feeling better.

Hello there!!!!
We had a good Thanksgiving! I do hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too??
I am finally a little better.. Finally!

WHOA - I check in on your plans and now you are FLYING?!!? That is AWESOME. I am so very happy for your extra pixie dust thrown your way. I love Southwest and their 2 bags free per person, even though you are herded on like cattle. If you do choose SW you might consider paying the extra $ to board early, so all of you can sit together and have plenty of overhead space.

I know i am SO EXCITED for the ME!!! haven't been on it since 2011! I am in need!
Oh YES i will be paying that extra cost! I just wish your able to pick the seats. Life would be much easier ya know?
I am overly excited to FLY AGAIN! and Zack can get a window seat! WOOHOO!

Moving for life; I know you want good schools for your kids and a little room. You know I love my space; 5 acres of heaven where I live. The traffic is crazy stupid to/from work because everyone and their dog decided to move north of San Antonio, but when I drive up my driveway in my little rural burb I just let out a breath of calmness. As a side note, an attorney I worked for moved from North Carolina back to San Antonio where he is originally from and couldn't stand the heat and concrete here and moved back to North Carolina. He just loves it there. The mountains are so close. It will be interesting to see where you land. I am sure you want to do this before the kiddos go to high school?

Texas is beautiful.. If it wasn't so dang far away from my beloved Disney i would move there in a heart beat!
I do want the country life and the trees and mountains! ohhhhh heaven. no more neighbor listening to my every move! LOL
My one neighbor is schizophrenia bi-polar. His mother isn't monitoring him like she should with his meds. i know for a fact he is not taking them. i want to get away from this!!!
When i do everyone will have to come and visit!

US is so dang expensive, especially since their new additions. I don't see how people do it and Disney. It would have to be a one or the other type of vacation. You will have to see where your vacations take you as the kids get older. My sons wanted to start cruising once they hit high school.

I cannot believe how expensive it it! i need to do more research on both the US and flying.
cruise.. Funny you said this.. Since i am looking into a 3 day cruise possibly after Disney. Ya know to de-stress after a week in Disney? But it's just looking..

Take care Mo!

You too and THANK YOU!!!

I am late to this party but still can say:
00fa054cc74d444efd1076215b5814f4.png

I hope everyone here had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Ours was good.
Wednesday i left early to get home clean and start cooking. Instead with this cold thing that about knocked me out! my stomach muscles were KILLING ME when i coughed or sneezed it hurt so bad i had to use a pillow to hold. so when i got home i fell asleep... Not a good thing when you have a ton to do. I text everyone telling them i am sick but still going on Thanksgiving. needless to say My parents were the only ones brave enough to come over.
once i finally woke up the kids helped out tremendously. we cleaned the kitchen first. then started. Me with my mask!
I cooked: Turkey and i still DESPISE that thing. yuck.. and one of the stuffings.
Zack made: the apple pie
Matt: watched TV
Peanut made a potato casserole my aunt who passed used to make.. yum!
I couldn't do any more took LOADS of medication and went back to bed. wasn't our normal FUN running around the house chasing kids with the neck and gizzards. Boo

Thanksgiving Morning.
I slept on the couch i could NOT sleep in bed laid around for a while until littles started to wake up and move about.

Coffee in my system i got myself up and started to clean again. Lysol... lots of lysol.
Now was do or die.
the kids again pitched in This time:
Turkey in the roaster
Zack: Mashed Potatoes
Matt: Cheese ball and White castle stuffing with Tom's unwanted help
Peanut: cleaned and helped put everything in the oven

and i had time. First time ever i had time to just sit and watch the parades!! it was nice and relaxing!!

Until my parents arrived and chaos ensued. Peanut got the table all ready against Tom's wishes used all our awesome Thanksgiving dishes! (he is in charge of washing dishes after dinner!)

We had more food then needed as usual.
Ham, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Potato casserol, Sweet potato (what do you expect from an Irish family?) Regular stuffing, white castle stuffing, creamed spinach, Green bean casserole, rolls, desserts out of this world! for 7 people.
we ate leftovers everyday since.
The white castle stuffing was awful. Tom tried to help Matt in which ended up adding double the seasonings! YUCK!
Next year we will retry it!
We had every intention to do Black Friday shopping. Sadly i wasn't going anywhere.
I slept again! once i finally woke up i took a HOT shower and started to move. getting ALL Thanksgiving decorations DOWN and out. I am tired of orange and ready for the Green and red!
I had to work Friday night so i stopped tried to take a nap and my body wasn't having it.
so i wet to work until 11pm.
Saturday- boys had a Basketball game. I couldn't go, still dealing with this stupid COLD! sadly Zack was home with me as he started to get icky too.
I was supposed to work again but called off. The manager said she was hoping i would! LOL so i stayed home. My friend came by to give me an early Christmas gift!
s-l300.jpg

It's AWESOME!!! I adore the mickey on it! I thought it was way too much but thankful!!! just love it!

Tom made grilled chicken salads. we are about DONE with Thanksgiving..
Did nothing.

Sunday!
I had to work so i went in then made my way over to the boys basketball game which wasn't far from job #2 Matt did an EXCELLENT job and was actually fun to watch since i can't stand the game! Zack still isn't feeling 100% so he stayed out. We were starving after the game so we went home and you guessed it ate the left overs.
I still refuse to eat turkey.

We watched Pete's dragon and Jungle book. Loved them both! went to bed.
Monday the kids had a doc appointment so we all stayed home again. this time we deep cleaned the house to get ready for CHRISTMAS Decorating! yay! Getting a little upset it isn't out yet! My mistake and the kids appointment wasn't until 4:00 Oops. we could have gone to work and school. Oh well. i have a clean house.
Went to get the HPV shots.
I want to cry.. they are 12...
ANYWAY
Matt was scared to death about the shot. Zack wasn't helping matters and Meg was fine.
until it was her turn and she fell apart! crying hysterically! where did this come from? i felt so sorry for my peanut.. Zack laughed at the shot and matt did fine.
Home we went for BEEF sandwiches! all sides compliments of Thanksgiving AGAIN.
I think most of it is gone now.
We finally brought out out the boxes and boxes and more boxes of Christmas!!! YAY! It's beginning to look like Christmas!!!
Matt found our box of Christmas music and was baffled when he found a cassette.
Had to explain that one.. They were all excited about them and want Tom to get his player together..

Today we are back to school/work. Tonight i have volleyball practice along with a scrimmage against the other 6th grade team.. Wish us luck.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and filled with delicious food and surrounded by loved ones!!!

I hope you both start to feel better soon and no one else gets whatever it is you have.

I don't think my kids have seen a cassette. I don't think I own one.

I need to check out all the news I have heard recently, such as Food and Wine dates for 2017 beginning August 31st? Craziness. I don't want to try to cram in Food & Wine and MNSSHP (but I will if it is offered). Plus, the kids are really set on the waterparks again and I was hoping to skip it this time. We get there at opening and they want to leave a couple of hours later because they don't want to wait in the lines or be in the heat. I don't think it is worth it.

When Chelsea went in for her 12 year appointment, she had a ton of shots to do, so the doctor postponed the HPV series until 13. She goes in this month. She is not a happy camper about it.
Marissa had the entire series and then we got a letter from the clinic stating that they weren't kept at the correct temperature and that she should come back in to redo the series. We discussed it and she decided against it.

That's a shame that you were sick for Thanksgiving. I hope you are feeling better now.

We had a great Thanksgiving because I didn't have to cook it. My sister hosted it at her place since we are in the middle of the kitchen remodel.

Nope. It now means you get more out of the house...
Just sayin.
Your not IN Chicago are you? i thought you were north/west suburb?
This is very true!!!
We do actually live in the city, northwest side but still in the city. I spend a lot of time on the Kennedy!!!!

Sorry you were so sick for Thanksgiving, but thankful you have that great family of yours to all pitch in and make it work.

Poor Peanut with that shot :( I'm a grown up who still gets teary eyed about having to get shots or blood drawn, so I totally feel her pain!!

I cracked up so hard at that picture with the cassette on FB--like seriously, what is this thing I'm holding??? My Dad still has an 8 track player in the garage :) and Jimmy is now the 3rd generation owner of all my Uncle's Metallica cassettes I passed down to him. Raising my future metalhead right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter