Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Imagination is amazing.

I love this so much! It is something my kids would do! It is nice to see kids stay kids in today's society. With all the computers/smart phones/tablets in addition to TV's, kids forget what it is to think things up on their own.

I love Meg's imagination!!! and that she's 12 and still loves her Duffy and plays this way at home. I sincerely hope Jimmy keeps his amazing imagination alive as he grows older--as a teacher, it always amazes me (in a bad way!!!!) how little imagination children have anymore :( You're raisin' 'em right!!! :) PS LOVED the jump roping video today....seriously!

Yeah for Disneyland! Today I was supposed to be arriving there. Still a bit sad about that, but I have re-booked everything (except PTN dining package) for end of August. We had to see the 60th Anniversary stuff that is going away 09/05/2016. Plus, I wanted one last trip to Disney before Marissa leaves for Japan. She is excited to do Tokyo Disney.

oh no this is SAD SAD NEWS!
:sad1:

How cool is that?!?! I would LOVE to see Tokyo Disney!

We have never stayed on-site at Disneyland. Never felt the need. Our planning for Disneyland and WDW is totally different. We usually don't do any table service restaurants. We reserve that for WDW. I finally got this trips park hours, and now I will have to wait again. Make sure you get the Disneyland App.

I will get the app as soon as i know IF we are going or not. Which of course i won't find out until August! I hate that. 34 days to be exact.

We will do at least two TS while there. the restaurants just look too much like FUN!! But time will tell.

We are staying at Camelot, because I can get a lot of room. My kids don't like to share, so I booked 1 King, 2 Queens and sofa bed room. I am going to try the PTN dining package for Aladdin's Oasis. I can't see spending the kind of money on Blue Bayou for the food that my kids won't enjoy. Although, we aren't thrilled with the Lasagna option. Oh well. We will be doing 5 day park hoppers. We did 4 last trip and it was enough to do most of everything we wanted. We actually like that our Disneyland trip doesn't need to be planned months in advance. I will probably start planning the 2017 trip to WDW for when Marissa returns pretty soon.

YAY! you have lots to plan even if you don't plan too much DL. :thumbsup2
My kids will try anything and usually love it.. very few times they don't like something.
WDW is the most FUN planning.. change your mind a thousand times before it's time. So it's always new!

If I stayed on-site, the Disneyland Hotel would be the one I picked. Storytellers is supposed to fantastic and I am tempted to add it, but my kids don't like to be tied down to reservations.

Have a great day.

Yep the hotel is BEAUTIFUL! i have heard great reviews on Storytellers.. again i will change my mind a thousand times.

I love this so much! It is something my kids would do! It is nice to see kids stay kids in today's society. With all the computers/smart phones/tablets in addition to TV's, kids forget what it is to think things up on their own.

Absolutely!
Peanut is a young 11 and i am perfectly FINE with it. The boys will play with her and her toys too.. I would rather them play and use their imaginations then technology!

I love Meg's imagination!!! and that she's 12 and still loves her Duffy and plays this way at home. I sincerely hope Jimmy keeps his amazing imagination alive as he grows older--as a teacher, it always amazes me (in a bad way!!!!) how little imagination children have anymore :( You're raisin' 'em right!!! :) PS LOVED the jump roping video today....seriously!

Thank you! Just like i wrote above she is a young 11 and i am perfect with it! the boys still play with her!
I don't think she will EVER let go of Duffy.. ever. which makes me really really happy!

My boys are maturing WAY faster then Meg.

Ahhh the jump rope.. I crack up every time i see it. Before i started taping i was laughing so hard i couldn't breath... The coaches gave me a list of exercises- one of them was jump rope. The boys are uncoordinated so this will help with figuring out where their feet and arms are.
Especially Zack- the poor kid cannot run to save his life. Seriously.. cannot. SO talking with the coaches i asked HOW to help him. This is how i got my list! Plus i don't want my boys being the ones who are on the sidelines puking their brains out because they are so out of shape and didn't keep up with conditioning from last year! LOL
Im thankful we are good friends with all the kids coaches! These guys are serious football coaches! I LOVE IT

I some how got way behind on your report. I hate it when life gets in the way of Dis. I can't believe how big your kids have gotten.
Those seats in the theater look so comfortable. the movie theater near me is in the process of converting to lounge chairs bur only has a few theathers down.
Hey for trips to DL and DW. I wish they'd quote prices, though.
I'm glad Meg still uses her imagination. Kids grow up too fast.
What kind of cell phones did you get your kids? Contract or prepaid? I sometimes sell cell phones at work so I was wondering.
I have to finish getting ready for work so have a great day.
Liz

I some how got way behind on your report. I hate it when life gets in the way of Dis. I can't believe how big your kids have gotten.

Good to see you again! Welcome back Liz!

Those seats in the theater look so comfortable. the movie theater near me is in the process of converting to lounge chairs bur only has a few theathers down.

They are AWESOME!

Hey for trips to DL and DW. I wish they'd quote prices, though.

Me too!!! Going to call again today see if i get a CM with different answer. that always happens.

I'm glad Meg still uses her imagination. Kids grow up too fast.

I cannot agree more. let kids be kids for as long as they can be the real world is scary and sucks.

What kind of cell phones did you get your kids? Contract or prepaid? I sometimes sell cell phones at work so I was wondering.

I got them Olympus 90L
perfect for them and a first phone. not so happy with T-mobile. I at first did pre paid and they went through that in an hour so i called had the WORST Customer Service ever but got them on a unlimited plan. Zack alone will call me 20x's a day. not counting text or email

I have to finish getting ready for work so have a great day.

There is that bad word again...

Work.

Have a great day!

Sorry! But i have nothing. Life is getting in the way. the boys thankfully are done WITH BASEBALL it was the worst season i have ever seen
Peanut is sill going strong with softball and i am SO PROUD of her. i must take pictures at her next game.

otherwise i am sadly bust before the holiday weekend! SO sending prayers to all and hope you have a great DAY!

Oy....so far behind! DisneyLand?! So awesome! And I'm super jealous that you now have 2 trips to look forward to and I have none :( I'm just going to live vicariously through you....k?

In our TA training I just kept pouring over the DL resorts. I know people say it isn't nessecary to stay onsite out there, but it's not nessecary in WDW either....it's much much better....but not nessecary. The chances of me flying from Maine to Cali regularly are not good. So if we ever make it out there, you can just about guarantee we will be staying onsite and making the most of it!

I love her imagination! That is so much fun!!

I do too it's a lot of fun.

Oy....so far behind! DisneyLand?! So awesome! And I'm super jealous that you now have 2 trips to look forward to and I have none :( I'm just going to live vicariously through you....k?

This is probably going to change.. I will update in a minute.
I have a feeling you will have a trip next year.. you've been going every year!!

In our TA training I just kept pouring over the DL resorts. I know people say it isn't nessecary to stay onsite out there, but it's not nessecary in WDW either....it's much much better....but not nessecary. The chances of me flying from Maine to Cali regularly are not good. So if we ever make it out there, you can just about guarantee we will be staying onsite and making the most of it!

I am in LOVE with the Disneyland resort. LOVE.
If we are going to go i want the FULL experience. On property and take in everything we can. IF we cannot do it i would wait until we can do the full effect!!

What is today?

Oh-- Just the most MAGICAL of Days..

tumblr_lt3izqvusd1qceuoe.gif

Why is that you ask?

e4JbQ.gif

Hummmmmmmmmmm

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

pooh-bear-thinking.gif

Did you guess??

giphy.gif

297bf362387ec8f958a696132ba11d68.jpg

OK i'm going to change the subject!

I took a family vote:
Trip to Disneyland in January
or
Add on a couple of days and go to Universal Studios.

All 4 voted on:

OrlandoVacation_UniversalStudiosIslandoOfAdventure.jpg

Ok fine.. Disneyland will be there and BETTER when we are ready to go...

Oh wait maybe I should get back to the topic from above...

I BOOKED OUR TRIP!
tumblr_inline_no0bx7zfCB1qd2p3j_500.gif

Yes that's right all my happy followers of the Dis I BOOKED OUR TRIP TODAY!!!!

I bet you want to know the details...

Well you know me by now.

10956013.gif

Talk to ya tomorrow!

tumblr_mylq0jXDi81t5ff45o1_500.gif

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The title of this thread suggests that this will be a September trip. I'm dying to hear if that will be what you have booked. ;)

:scratchin:scratchin:confused3:confused3:sad2::sad2::surfweb: and I need a smiley blowing a raspberry...

Pascal-sticking-out-his-tongue-in-Tangled.gif

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!

Yippie!!!!!!

YES YES YES!

The title of this thread suggests that this will be a September trip. I'm dying to hear if that will be what you have booked. ;)

going to tell you all about it next!

SO EXCITED!

That's wonderful news.
Liz

THANK YOU!!! I am over the moon!

What did we do?

Or i should say what did i get myself into.. I called yesterday and lo and behold it was there.. In bright lights. Just waiting for me to book I think it was calling me..

Pick me Pick me...

635944807609761165-1392522174_tumblr_mmjezkIYnP1s5e2mwo1_500.gif

Being at work all cloudy and ucky. i picked up the phones and dialed the best phone number on the planet.

Tom-and-Jerry.gif

There is only one number where i do NOT mind being on hold for whatever amount of time. I always smile or sing along!

I had an AMAZING Cm on the phone. I do believe she was new, she did everything and ANYTHING she could for me!!!

We started talking numbers... which is the scariest part of booking a trip. Of course now that we are going to add on U.S. i need to make this affordable
we talked Boardwalk- AK- Poly- BC-
Guess what the cheapest was??

Polynesian-Village-Grand-Ceremony-Hall.jpg

WHAT?!?!? Are you kidding me?
Yes. It was the cheapest! Ok now lets talk room type. Yes Club Level please!

Only available?
Lagoon View!
0608ZV_0269KP.jpg

tumblr_lud1pd0K9x1qduiz7o1_400.gif

I couldn't believe it... I just cannot believe we are GOING BACK to the Polynesian! Yes my choice was always here.. But i never thought it would happen because of cost! I was on CLOUD NINE ALL DAY!
I called Tom
Hey- What are you up to
Tom- working what else.
Me- yeah ok guess what?
Tom- what
Me- W'RE GOING TO DISNEY IT'S OFFICIAL!
Tom- OK.. Where are we staying?
Me Art of Animation (he isn't excited so.. THERE)
Tom- WHAT? No. Call back.
ME- RE-LAX Just kidding-- We will be staying POLYNESIAN CLUB LEVEL with a LAGOON VIEW! -- as i scream into the phone Oh and we will be eating Ramon noodles for the next year and a half.

Tom FINALLY is excited - as much as one can be when in front of costumers! LOL.
He did call me back after he left the company all excited!!! He doesn't want the know the end cost... I don't want to tell him either. WE ARE GOING! IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!

I mean we talk about the trips, we make PTR's about them.. and make wish lists etc. But once you make that phone call. put down your deposit it become REAL.

R.E.A.L!!!!

Now the real work begins. I need to finish the home movies. I want to make tee shirts
Wait------ who am i kidding?---- I am going to PAY someone to make tee shirts.
Need to figure out the new dining plan rules. Yep i did get the dining plan next year i will NEVER go without it ever again. Yes i know we are club level which is WONDERFUL but this is not going to help when we are in the parks- or when we are doing a TS or QS i am NOT going to go back to the resort every time someone is hungry or needs a snack.
What shall we do ON their Birthday? I love the dessert party. Or should i do the in room celebration?
GAAAAAHHH the possibilities are ENDLESS but the money is NOT! LOL..

And yes we are still going in September!

Although someone posted a tweet from Josh over at easywdw.com Sept is no longer the best time to go?!?!
Ugh oh.

Time will tell!

So there ya go folks! We are all booked and i am off to do a BOAT LOAD OF research on Club Level Poly!!!

I hope you all stay on the crazy train to help me get down and dirty with the planning! I ONLY HAVE 424 days to go!!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter