Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Yes. Just started it on the same thread as I had the pre trip report.

That watch wall clock is awesome. Reminds me of the swatch ones my older siblings had in the eighties that I wanted to steal from them. :)

Thank you! Yes! it brings back some 80's styles!! LOVE IT!

I love your flea market finds - especially the Mickey Phone!!!!

Thank you!!! I do LOVE IT!

I had every intention in calling Disney yesterday and start pricing out our trip!

But this damn summer cold got the better of me and i went home early and passed out.

To i plan on doing the same!! I have a stupid Demo to go to on an electric truck.. WHY?:confused3
What and HOW is that going to work with City employees??
Whatever

Once get back i plan on calling and get an update done on my TR.

I had every intention in calling Disney yesterday and start pricing out our trip!
Unless I missed something, 2017 rates aren't out yet. Last year, the 2016 rates came out on June 22nd through, so it should be some time this month hopefully! (I'm ready to lock in our February 2017 trip, so I'm all over it the minute those rates/packages are available!)

Unless I missed something, 2017 rates aren't out yet. Last year, the 2016 rates came out on June 22nd through, so it should be some time this month hopefully! (I'm ready to lock in our February 2017 trip, so I'm all over it the minute those rates/packages are available!)

Shoot me a FB message when you see those are going to be released, please? Pretty Please?

Shoot me a FB message when you see those are going to be released, please? Pretty Please?
Actually, I JUST got off the phone with Disney, and also just got an email update in their TA notifications, and I was just coming back here to share it! Because I WAS WRONG!

Room Only bookings ARE currently available for 2017, up to 499 days out!

Package bookings for 2017 (up to 499 days out) will go live on June 21st.

Actually, I JUST got off the phone with Disney, and also just got an email update in their TA notifications, and I was just coming back here to share it! Because I WAS WRONG!

Thank you for this information! That means my availability is usually about a week after the packages come out...which means I start stalking them daily now...:)

Thank you for this information! That means my availability is usually about a week after the packages come out...which means I start stalking them daily now...:)

Well you all answered this! LOL!!! Thank you!!

OK well i have something else to announce....

ANNOUNCEMENT!

So since i have had this NASTY ugly summer cold which is seriously kicking my behind i have been taking over the counter drugs..

I seriously need to stay away from drinking and over the counter drugs. My body and subconscious just takes over and does things...

In my drug induced haze i started to look into a trip.......

Possibly in January.. and guess where???

In a foreign region of the United states...

Disneyland!!!
dlrout293847.jpg

YES! i have been reading other people's reports and hearing loads of people going lately.. How am i supposed to say i am a Disney nut if i haven't even BEEN to Walt's original park? The park HE DESIGNED?!?!

How this came to be...
I am sick… as in the dreaded summer cold, so call it delirium or just plain Disney obsessed; yesterday I started to look into WDW and DL. Since we are surprising the kids again in Sept, well that narrowed my option. It is Walt’s park. I really want to see HM all decked out in Nightmare Before Christmas!! So I looked more and more into it. Called Tom and told him of my medicated induced imagination plan. He was all for it. OK I will really start looking into it. Yesterday at the boys game Tom and another coach (Disney loving friend of ours) had a ‘conversation: I eave in 14 days to Disney! And starts doing a little dance while singing na na na na Tom not to be ndone here: Well Mo started to check into January for Disney. Worse then kids on a playground. Next thing I know Tim jumps over and says “WE’RE IN”Me: Umm you’re in what? We are going with you! Oh well then… I better get a idea of HOW to do this.. Tim and his family are DVC members too.. Not that it makes much difference here. Just thought I would throw it out there.. So today instead of actual work I started to read more and more on this.. Which the idea sprang on me to do a PTR on a possible trip to DL in January…

So i start to just look while downing Mucinex.. and looking turned into buying Disneyland books.
Which turned into CALLING Disneyland. to find out some prices.
Well the bummer IS they cannot quote me ANYTHING until August! :scared1:
WHAAAAAAA? It's June.. As in I would leave in 7 months! That right around the corner! :eek:What do you mean i cannot have prices until August! that would only give my crazy planning addiction 5 months to plan 4 days!
I know i'm nuts right?

really don't know IF this will happen or not. If i can get some decent prices to FLY there we would stay here:

9070218881_85a87bc520_c.jpg

images

pools-disneyland-hotel-04.jpg

Not that we would go into the pool or not being January?!?

So i have been you tubing/reading and try to get more information on DL and let me tell you.. I cannot wrap my head around this planning! It's so different! it's much simpler sadly i am a manic WDW planner this relaxing way of planning iS NOT MY STYLE!!!

SO i will keep you all informed on BOTH trips!

HOLY COW!!!!

You might be going to Disneyland?!?!? I literally let out a happy gasp when I read this!!

I've heard that planning out west is much more "california" and laid back than WDW. To be fair there is WAY less stuff to do in DL than in WDW.

I can't believe you have to wait until August! i'm chomping at the bit for WDW package infor for our May 2017 trip, and that comes out next week! I can't imagine waiting another 2 months!!

Any who, exciting news, minus the summer flu. Can't wait to see how planning goes, if it goes!

Feel better Mo!!

Yeah for Disneyland!! :cool1: I do hope you guys get to go although I wish it overlapped with my dates. I want to see you guys again!

Well the bummer IS they cannot quote me ANYTHING until August! :scared1:
WHAAAAAAA? It's June.. As in I would leave in 7 months! That right around the corner! :eek:What do you mean i cannot have prices until August! that would only give my crazy planning addiction 5 months to plan 4 days!

I wouldn't take this as 100% true. I had a WDW CM tell me that one year and then the packages came out in June, not August. I would just keep checking so you don't miss the booking window. I've been going to the DL official web site once a day and seeing if I can get the calendar to advance past December. No luck so far!

At least you don't have to worry about making dining ADRs until 60 days out and there are no advanced FPs either. From all my research, it seems like a lot easier than planning a WDW vacation.

Yeah! Hopefully you will be able to get price quotes towards the end of this month instead of August. I have never been to DL, but if you want souvies, let me know...my store is a DLR outlet! ;) A friend that is a WDW fan (and who started me on my obsession with all things mouse) has been to both. Her comment was it is so small compared to WDW. But, when she went there was no World of Color or Paint the Night Parade...both of which I would LOVE to see. And the original Fantasmic! is supposed to be awesome!

Yay!!! Disneyland!!!! That would be sooooo awesome!!! I sure hope you are able to go - but man, only a few months to plan??? Don't they know that there are SERIOUS planning addicts out there? Annnnd we are some of the best!

Totally excited for you all! That would be so amazing!

D~

HOLY COW!!!!

You might be going to Disneyland?!?!? I literally let out a happy gasp when I read this!!

HA HA HA HA! i think i did too when i thought... Let's go there.. then i started to look at the planning and got utterly lost.

I've heard that planning out west is much more "california" and laid back than WDW. To be fair there is WAY less stuff to do in DL than in WDW.

OMG it is SOOOOOOOOOO different. i am too anal for this relaxing crap.

I can't believe you have to wait until August! i'm chomping at the bit for WDW package infor for our May 2017 trip, and that comes out next week! I can't imagine waiting another 2 months!!

I know! AUGUST! that's crazy! then in Sept i book our WDW trip! i think that might be too much?!?!

Any who, exciting news, minus the summer flu. Can't wait to see how planning goes, if it goes!

Feel better Mo!!

Thank you i am still a crabby coughing sneezing brat.

Yeah for Disneyland!! :cool1: I do hope you guys get to go although I wish it overlapped with my dates. I want to see you guys again!

The only way i will go out to California is to see HM all decked out for Nightmare Before Christmas.. Otherwise i think Feb is perfect!! I NEED to see it all!!

I wouldn't take this as 100% true. I had a WDW CM tell me that one year and then the packages came out in June, not August. I would just keep checking so you don't miss the booking window. I've been going to the DL official web site once a day and seeing if I can get the calendar to advance past December. No luck so far!

Keep me posted! how are doing with all your planning on this?

At least you don't have to worry about making dining ADRs until 60 days out and there are no advanced FPs either. From all my research, it seems like a lot easier than planning a WDW vacation.

Yes it is.. I don't know if we will do TS everyday? that could get expensive.. also i am going to look into club level?!?! Maybe? cut the cost down for food?!? or maybe grab an uber to a food store?
So confusing...

WHAT THE WHAT?!?! This is an AMAZING update!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA....

Yeah! Hopefully you will be able to get price quotes towards the end of this month instead of August. I have never been to DL, but if you want souvies, let me know...my store is a DLR outlet! ;) A friend that is a WDW fan (and who started me on my obsession with all things mouse) has been to both. Her comment was it is so small compared to WDW. But, when she went there was no World of Color or Paint the Night Parade...both of which I would LOVE to see. And the original Fantasmic! is supposed to be awesome!

Yes yes yes and YES!
i just want to see the original park I want to see where walt walked. and planned this amazing destination!
Thank you for the offer! this year makes my 3 years and you know what that means?!?!

Yay!!! Disneyland!!!! That would be sooooo awesome!!! I sure hope you are able to go - but man, only a few months to plan??? Don't they know that there are SERIOUS planning addicts out there? Annnnd we are some of the best!

Totally excited for you all! That would be so amazing!

D~

D! welcome back! :hug:

I know you have a lot going on just know i wish i was there with you!!!
I cannot believe i am thinking about DL.. Maybe it will wear off once i stop the meds?!?!
I mean this is going to be an expensive 4 days!
Seriously 5 months.. :earseek:SO i guess i need to plan everything NOW then figure out if we are actually going to go once i have the prices..
my biggest problem is flights. Which might be more $$ then this entire trip???

I need to make a wish list of all things Disneyland and go and price it all out.
Yet the flights are what scared me... $$$$!! I want to keep this price down low to keep more money for Sept!

how are doing with all your planning on this?

I really haven't gotten into it too much other than researching hotels. I've got it narrowed down to two and can't decide between them! The rest of my family isn't much help, they said whichever I wanted.

Other than that, I've mostly been reading DL TRs. I do have a 2015 Birmbaum book that I should read. I've picked it up a few times but haven't gotten far. I guess I'm concentrating on the WDW trip right now.

I don't know if we will do TS everyday? that could get expensive

Not sure what we will do but I'm guessing it will be some TS. The restaurants are one of the most important parts of a trip to my family. I will probably leave it up to them to decide although I do think I want to do breakfast at The Plaza Inn. Might save that for Day #3 when it's just me and Mom. My Brother & SIL are only doing 2 days in the parks then they are going to head elsewhere in the area while Mom and I do one more day.

I really haven't gotten into it too much other than researching hotels. I've got it narrowed down to two and can't decide between them! The rest of my family isn't much help, they said whichever I wanted.

Other than that, I've mostly been reading DL TRs. I do have a 2015 Birmbaum book that I should read. I've picked it up a few times but haven't gotten far. I guess I'm concentrating on the WDW trip right now.

HA! Im going batty!!! at least i have the resort down.. Must stay at Disneyland Hotel. I must have the fireworks on the headboard. Kathy's report sold me.
I haven't gotten to far either in the books.. Every time i pick on up something happens like Dug and squirrels! HA HA

Not sure what we will do but I'm guessing it will be some TS. The restaurants are one of the most important parts of a trip to my family. I will probably leave it up to them to decide although I do think I want to do breakfast at The Plaza Inn. Might save that for Day #3 when it's just me and Mom. My Brother & SIL are only doing 2 days in the parks then they are going to head elsewhere in the area while Mom and I do one more day.

The restaurants are the hardest. I want to go to so many BUT i need to watch the $$ since the WDW trip will be right around the corner!!!

:hyper: DISNEYLAND IS MY HOME PARK! I've visited about 75 times in my lifetime and I LOVE it :love:
We've also had a couple of week-long stays at the Grand Californian :)

Park hoppers are a MUST since both park entrances are literally a 1 minute walk across an esplanade.

As far as restaurants go, I can recommend a few of our Disneyland favorites: Cafe Orleans (for the french onion soup, gumbo, pomme frites, and beignets), Blue Bayou (for the ambience), Plaza Inn lunch or dinner (fried chicken and cobb salad are excellent!), corn dog from the Little Red Wagon at the end of Main Street...there are so many more but those are our go-to's. At the Grand Californian, we really love Storytellers Cafe. Funnily enough, other than a few snacks, we typically don't eat at California Adventure (because all our faves are at Disneyland!).

I really hope your Disneyland trip works out. You're going to LOVE it. So different from WDW but so wonderful too ::yes:: Planning will be a BREEZE!

YAY!

Oh my goodness! A trip to Disneyland!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1: You will LOVE it!!

It is sooo much different in planning, I totally agree. We are planning another trip out there next year as well. My mother is moving to Cali this August, and the plan is to fly the kids out there for a month or so next summer to stay with my mom and sister, then Erik and I will join them for a vacation and fly them home. I don't know if I can do another Disney trip with my mom though... :rotfl:

You are going to lov Disneyland. We went at the end of April. I think the only planning we did was book a vgc 7 months in advance and did a no snow dance since we would have had to pull the girls from school if we had more snow. No snow and we could have added to the trip.

Mo! I have been lurking here there and everywhere, including your TR and PTR, but only have had time to comment on Dorine's PTR. I'm sorry! This year has been a little hectic with my oldest getting married last month. I truly enjoy seeing your adventures with your kiddos. They are getting so big, but still so adorbs. I have been trying to keep up with your PTR, and I am adding my heartfelt hug about your aunt. My Mom had a traumatic brain injury which led to her dementia and it was so hard to watch her go downhill. I hope your aunt will get the care she needs, and remind your Mom all the time to take care of herself. Hope your car karma gets better, and hope you feel better SOON. Take lots of B complex vitamins and C.

Onward to Disneyland, I had to add my two cents. I just couldn't wait to chime in. I love, love, love, love me some DL. I was there once as a munchkin and three times as an adult. I don't know Mo, but it is Walt's park where he walked and dreamed and planned, and I get so emotional when I have been there. Yes, its small. Yes, us crazy obsessed planners don't know what to do with ourselves. But, you just plan a little and walk through those gates and just feel Walt's presence. Nothing like it. I'm more relaxed and take it all in since its smaller. And the rides are different (POC! SM!) and I have heard the decorations at holidays are amazing. I haven't been in a while and I would love to see Cars land at CA. I've heard its amazing. So hope you can go and experience this.

WDW in September 2017 and your sons and daughter will be TEENAGERS! WHAT? You will have an epic adventure to start them on that teen path. I have lived through the teen years with both my DS and we are all alive to talk about it. (Ha ha). I am so excited and cannot wait to see how you surprise them.

Hopefully, I can chime in more now. Take care Mo!

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter