Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Sorry things have been so stressful lately :( I feel like everything always piles on at once! WHY can't I just deal with one thing at a time??! Hoping things settle down for you soon (and me, too!) :hug:

YES! I do hope they settle for you as well!!! Is April over yet??

In our Disney planning news.......... I somehow dropped the ball and didn't realize Fall free dining opened yesterday :( I sat on hold for TWO hours :earseek:and there was no availability unless we wanted to switch resorts to a Deluxe which would end up costing more anyway. Sigh. :faint: If I was paying attention, I would have realized and been on that phone first thing in the morning. Very annoyed at me today.

OH NO NO NO NO!!! HOW can you have missed that? it was EVERYWHERE! Im so sorry!!!

I haven't heard a peep about my car.. If i have to GO THERE TODAY i will just to get an answer.

A bit busy today with meetings! Hope you all have a pixi dust day!

I wanted to share this article from one of our very own here!!!

The Evolution of a Family's Disney Vacation

Mo, I'm so sorry to hear about your car. It sucks big time. Things are happening here - Shannon got a call on Monday about a job IN HER Field!!!! in NYC. They want her to start this Monday. Its been a stressful week for her - trying to find a place to live, Luckily she has lots of friends still in NYC. She will be home next weekend for a race and then again the following weekend so we can fly to Chicago together for her graduation on Saturday. I really want to go to the Cubs/Pirates game on Sunday, but I don't want to spend a fortune on tickets, so I'm not sure what our plans are going to be. I have been swamped at work - we are doing outreach meetings to all 72 municipalities in the county. All in the evenings. I have 4 scheduled for next week.:crazy2:
They aren't hard and only take about 20 minutes of speaking, but it takes time to travel, sit through the beginnings of the meetings (hopefully they have us first on the agenda!) and then travel home again. Not anything like your schedule, but I'm getting too old for this stuff!

Oh, and I dropped my phone in the toilet yesterday :crazy2::sad2:

I hope you hear some good news soon. pixiedust::hug:

Mo, I'm so sorry to hear about your car. It sucks big time.

Thanks.. I'm over the WTH stage and now just sitting back playing the waiting game.. ;)

Things are happening here - Shannon got a call on Monday about a job IN HER Field!!!! in NYC.

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS!!! I am SO SO HAPPY FOR HER!!!

giphy.gif

They want her to start this Monday.

TODAY??? She started today?!?! Oh my that was Quick!!!!

Its been a stressful week for her - trying to find a place to live, Luckily she has lots of friends still in NYC.

I can only imagine!! Got a job start today oh yeah find a place to LIVE.. how cow! what a life changer!!!
Thankfully in a GREAT WAY!

She will be home next weekend for a race and then again the following weekend so we can fly to Chicago together for her graduation on Saturday.

Which i requested off..

I really want to go to the Cubs/Pirates game on Sunday, but I don't want to spend a fortune on tickets, so I'm not sure what our plans are going to be. I have been swamped at work - we are doing outreach meetings to all 72 municipalities in the county. All in the evenings. I have 4 scheduled for next week.

hold on..
Aren't we getting together on Sunday?!?!?

They aren't hard and only take about 20 minutes of speaking, but it takes time to travel, sit through the beginnings of the meetings (hopefully they have us first on the agenda!) and then travel home again. Not anything like your schedule, but I'm getting too old for this stuff!

THAT is exhausting!!! my schedule consists of working.. More working.. running kids around..

Oh, and I dropped my phone in the toilet yesterday :crazy2::sad2:

BAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA IS THAT what you did!!!!! you have a new one now right?!?!

I hope you hear some good news soon.

Me too! I am in LIMBO until i hear how much this is going to cost me!!!

Let's scrap all plans shall we?

SO.......... What does a Disney loving family DO on a rainy Saturday afternoon when all baseball and softball has been canceled no work to go too. We don't have to be anywhere until 5pm for the athletics banquet?

Weather reminds you of every time you have been in Epcot???

You YOU TUBE ALL THINGS DISNEY!

Once Tom came home from picture day (in the rain) --the kids were everywhere BUT in the living room we got stuck in the you tube hole.. again...

We looked at all things Boardwalk.. especially the rooms- what is included in Club Level.

Boardwalk_Inn_Guest_Room_3.jpg

it's nice.

It's LOUD and very entertaining.

c0e76e6151df212285c1f107c79f3a97.jpg

The kids i am sure will LOVE IT. Turning 13 they will have a ton of stuff to do on their own.

Let's not forget this:

images

But then this came on.

don't forget about this view:
Polyloungemorning.jpg

Oh how i love thee.... So i was hummm-ing over it. and how much i miss my home away from home.. This was the beginning of our love of all things Disney..

Let's take a trip down memory lane shall we?

2010 First trip

WAKE UP IT'S DISNEY DAY!

Meg ALWAYS slept in the boys room

IN the limBO (as they called it)

their little bags all packed!

A little piece of heaven awaits

Tonga toast for breakfast

My favorite picture

They picked out their costumes! They WANTED to wear them!

Well now you have seen a few pictures of our very first family trip HOW this all began- It was our first IN ROOM celebration

So like here we started to reminisce about what a great time this was and how we wished we knew more and stayed longer.

So i got on the computer find out about how much this would be..

Regular room club level was only 100.00 more..

I was shocked...

Which turned into more and more looking at my beloved Polynesian.

Which i will finish up our decision after i get back from my project proposal meeting!
Wish me luck!

Which turned into more and more looking at my beloved Polynesian.

Which i will finish up our decision after i get back from my project proposal meeting!
Wish me luck!
You're leaving us hanging! Can't wait to see what you decide.

Oh boy, oh boy!!! I can't wait to hear the decision!! :)

P.S. I think you saw it on my FB but I was able to get free dining!!! I kept calling and calling and Friday morning was my lucky day :)

You're leaving us hanging! Can't wait to see what you decide.

I did didn't I???

Oh boy, oh boy!!! I can't wait to hear the decision!! :)

P.S. I think you saw it on my FB but I was able to get free dining!!! I kept calling and calling and Friday morning was my lucky day :)

Decision? you want a decision???

I did see it! and i am SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! BIG SCORE!!!

How the Magic Began...

So i left you off with our first (real) family vacation! We have taken little weekend get-a-ways, nothing which required an airplane! All the magic happened. The In-Room Celebration:

Exciting stuff!!

Talk about Magic! No doubt in their minds Mickey and Friends came to OUR ROOM and dropped off presents! I know we had gone to Chef Mickey's they all said THANK YOU for all the presents!

I would LOVE to do something like this again.. for their 13th Birthday..

This trip is getting really expensive. I do hope my car isn't going to cost me millions! I have an EPIC trip to plan here! PRIORITIES PEOPLE!!!

This was just a pinch of the Pixi Dust we received during this trip...

Next.....

Let's scrap all the plans part 2!

Let's keep looking at both resorts..

Boardwalk first:
Hop skip and jump to Epcot and Hollywood Studios (whatever they are calling it now)

ALL IMAGES FROM GOOGLE IMAGES
The map:
boardwalkmap.jpg

Lots of DSA's...

Room:
Boardwalk-Inn-Standard-Room-23.jpg

Room Layout
http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Disneys-Yacht-Club-Floor-Plan-from-**************.net_.jpg

Pretty Lobby

Boardwalk-Inn-Lobby-1024x683.jpg

regardless of the scary clown the pool is AWESOME with the Slide!
Boardwalk-Resort-600.jpg

Club Level
Walt-Disney-World-Concierge.jpg

Cannot find anything of the CL view...

The Decor isn't our "style" Yet i understand the feel of the boardwalk!!! So it would be a fun time!
Plus you cannot beat all the entertainment on the boardwalk!! Right up the kids alley especially turning 13.

I don't like the fact there isn't a "food court" like other resorts.. Or inside stores. Everything is ON the boardwalk. Granted we will have CL so there is food.. But that isn't a buffet it's snacking. If you know my kids. THEY EAT.

Back to the Polynesian:

Map
polymap.jpg

Room:
room1.jpg

Layout
http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Floor-Plan-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort-from-**************.net_.jpg

Lobby!
Screen%2BShot%2B2015-03-24%2Bat%2B10.17.12%2BAM.png

Pool:
Disney's-Polynesian-Resort-Lava-Pool-544x350.jpg

New splash pad:
maxresdefault.jpg

club level:
IMG_0924.jpg

5d0f5c5961d8df4b2597bda3cda1b8aa.jpg

Club Level VIEW:
IMG_9790.JPG

There is Capt Cooks-
Ohana we will most likely eat here twice. One dinner and one breakfast. mmmmmmmm
Dole whip galore
Sushi bar
Couple of stores
Room is a wee bit larger
Monorail to Magic Kingdom. Wake up every morning TO THE CASTLE!
The best ride to Epcot turning around Spaceship Earth.

Not as much entertainment going on for the kids. Yet there is stuff for them.
Like burring them in the sand

So you see my conundrum...

Going to be a challenge going back to a 1 Bathroom!!!

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts?

1 bathroom but SO much room to lounge around :)

Both hotels look beautiful!! Is CL MUCH more expensive? I do like the sound of that, though I get what you're saying about not having a food court handy. I do love that about Pop.

Boardwalk seems like a pretty awesome place to celebrate a 13th bday--lots of fun and excitement, while Poly seems more low-key, relaxed. Let the kids stay at Boardwalk while you and Tom stay at Poly--there, everyone's happy :rotfl:

We have that same dog food bowl in our house that the kids got in 2010. :)

You have always loved the Poly and I don't like the BWI. ;) It has long halls and one main elevator bank. I hate that you have to walk all the way back toward the lobby section in order to get out of the building. And all the food and shops are outside. There. You asked and I said it. ;)

Poly - Monorail, Captain Cooks, walk to TTC for monorail to Epcot, and bigger rooms. Volcano pool and Traders Sam's. Kids might be too big for splash pad, but it is cool looking. I say - go for the Poly. :)

Bathrooms - we have a family of five and we managed with only one bathroom when we went to Disney. I grew up with three sisters and one bathroom for us to share, so I was used to bathroom chaos. ;)

Last edited:
We have only stayed at AofA and POR. I think for us, we have decided that AofA just offers great space for all us all to chill out when we need it. However...seeing pictures of the Polynesian that is really impressive! I understand now why you love it!
I think the food options would be the only downside (if you can call it that) if you stay at the Yacht Club. Both are beautiful...what do you think your kids would prefer for their birthday? Good luck with the decision, I always enjoy your posts.

What fun memories! Those gift boxes were great. You really planned a wonderful once in a lifetime birthday and now you have to top that? I can now really see your dilemma. Can't wait to see what you come up with for 13.

Three kids, one bathroom...On first glance the split sinks and restroom at the Boardwalk would potentially be a no brainer, but it is the Poly. For myself, that is one of my favorite places I have ever stayed. Looking at the amenities that you have outlined it sounds like the Poly wins hands down. I think that Captain Cooks and the stores might not give you the same options as the food court but being on the monorail you have two more hotels to be able to use for lunch/dinner/snacks. Plus you will have CL. We find there is plenty to drink and snack on without the store/food court. The other consideration is how much time your family spends at the resort. If you are like us, we tend to drift to the resort in the afternoon for sensory download and a dip in the pool. Plus an afternoon Dole Whip beside the pool while the kids swim sounds like a big bonus.

Good luck with your decision and getting car back soon!

1 bathroom but SO much room to lounge around :)

Not that much room.. But just sitting in A ROOM in the Poly is enough for me!

Both hotels look beautiful!! Is CL MUCH more expensive? I do like the sound of that, though I get what you're saying about not having a food court handy. I do love that about Pop.

They are beautiful! Do i stay somewhere we haven't been or somewhere i adore??
We do like to hit up the food courts in the morning! Then again. We will have CL and anything we need there.. buuuuutttttt it's the POLY!!!!!!!!! WISHES RIGHT THERE!

Boardwalk seems like a pretty awesome place to celebrate a 13th bday--lots of fun and excitement, while Poly seems more low-key, relaxed. Let the kids stay at Boardwalk while you and Tom stay at Poly--there, everyone's happy

Yes it would be a great place for a 13th birthday.. But i think i gave them the last two years of resorts THEY WANTED...
I like your idea.. let them stay over there.. I want the poly..

We have that same dog food bowl in our house that the kids got in 2010. :)

Do you?!?! So Funny!!!
I use it for Dog shows! I always need a bit of Pixi Dust to qualify!

You have always loved the Poly and I don't like the BWI. ;) It has long halls and one main elevator bank. I hate that you have to walk all the way back toward the lobby section in order to get out of the building. And all the food and shops are outside. There. You asked and I said it. ;)

and this is the first time your telling me!!! We can always go over there and see it all, ya know?
Yep. Poly it is. Done and Done. I also think the CL food options are better at the poly?!

Poly - Monorail, Captain Cooks, walk to TTC for monorail to Epcot, and bigger rooms. Volcano pool and Traders Sam's. Kids might be too big for splash pad, but it is cool looking. I say - go for the Poly. :)

This is why we are friends..
POLYNESIAN IT IS!

Bathrooms - we have a family of five and we managed with only one bathroom when we went to Disney. I grew up with three sisters and one bathroom for us to share, so I was used to bathroom chaos. ;)

It's the not the getting ready part. It's the i have to potty and someone is in there part. Probably TMI here--- So i told Tom he has to go to an outside restroom and take the boys with him...

We have only stayed at AofA and POR. I think for us, we have decided that AofA just offers great space for all us all to chill out when we need it. However...seeing pictures of the Polynesian that is really impressive! I understand now why you love it!

We have stayed fat AoA twice and POR twice. It really has a huge space we are NOT tripping over each other! I mean we do that at home! The two bathrooms is SUCH A PLUS! Which section do you stay in? LK and Cars here.
It comes down to--- We are tired of the ignorant people!! the food court is awful terribly set up or again it might be the guests ruining it. Yes it's very Disney.. but we never felt that YOU ARE HOME vibe we get from the other resorts!
POR is an AMAZING resort and i don't have one bad word to say about it. I adore the general store!!! LOVE EEETTTT! and the food court is OUT OF THIS WORLD! I would stay there again in a heart beat!
The Poly as soon as you walk in you feel as if you are wanted there! Your part of the family you MEAN something!! your IN THE BUBBLE! Really want this feeling again:cloud9:

We do love the poly.. can't beat sitting on a beach watching the water pageant and Wishes (music is piped in) having a drink!!!

I think the food options would be the only downside (if you can call it that) if you stay at the Yacht Club. Both are beautiful...what do you think your kids would prefer for their birthday? Good luck with the decision, I always enjoy your posts.

I hear tons of good things about the yacht club.. it's on my bucket list one year..
The kids were able to pick the past two resorts. Both were AoA.. they have been out voted. :rotfl2:

Im glad your here!!

What fun memories! Those gift boxes were great. You really planned a wonderful once in a lifetime birthday and now you have to top that? I can now really see your dilemma. Can't wait to see what you come up with for 13.

Thank you!
I wanted to take the boxes home with us. sadly i couldn't get them in our luggage!
That surprise kicked my behind! took a LOT to get done, perfected, and for me to keep my mouth SHUT! awful!
Yes! I have to top it.. How?!? I don't think it will be as epic..

Three kids, one bathroom..

don't forget about the husband.. :crazy2:

On first glance the split sinks and restroom at the Boardwalk would potentially be a no brainer, but it is the Poly.

it IS the poly!!! beautiful! just beautiful!

For myself, that is one of my favorite places I have ever stayed. Looking at the amenities that you have outlined it sounds like the Poly wins hands down. I think that Captain Cooks and the stores might not give you the same options as the food court but being on the monorail you have two more hotels to be able to use for lunch/dinner/snacks. Plus you will have CL. We find there is plenty to drink and snack on without the store/food court. The other consideration is how much time your family spends at the resort. If you are like us, we tend to drift to the resort in the afternoon for sensory download and a dip in the pool. Plus an afternoon Dole Whip beside the pool while the kids swim sounds like a big bonus.

I think i keep the poly in such high standards it's hard to compare.
Your right having CL we won't need too many snacks. Capt Cooks has AMAZING food! TONGA TOAST! i can love on that alone forever.
oh oh! and the nachos?!? Oh MY YUM!
We will def spend some time at the resort. If i am going to pay the CL price then i will take advantage of it!
Yes. Dole whip by the pool!!! HEAVEN!

Good luck with your decision and getting car back soon!

Thank you!!!

Still haven't heard a thing about my car. Tom will call today!

I finally got our December trip booked this morning. We were hoping for Beach Club, but there were no DVC rooms available for our dates, so...we're going to do a Cars Suite at AOA for the first two nights and then a 2BR at Saratoga Springs for the rest of the trip.

We'll be celebrating a 10th birthday and an 8th birthday on this trip, so I'll be using of your celebrating ideas!

I have stayed at BW and like you, I was excited about it for the entertainment purposes. I did not care for everything being outside. I also did not like that I had to buy the refillable mug, but they gave me my soda in a paper cup. I asked if I could just bring the receipt back so I wouldn't have to carry the cup everywhere if they were not gonna fill it anyway. That was a no go. But hey I tried!

As for the Poly....that was the first hotel I ever stayed in at Disney World....ok that is a lie. When I was 5 my uncle and Grandma took me for my bday gift and we stayed at a Fort Wilderness Cabin.....but my sister and I LOVED the Poly, so it will always have a soft spot even though I have not stayed there in 22 years. Those night pictures of the kids on the beach, makes me wish I was there now getting ready to watch Wishes. This probably does not help but you asked lol.

Well, I've never stayed at Boardwalk, and the last time I stayed at Poly was 1992...

I say Poly. It's my dream resort. I mean, you said it yourself; the proximity to MK, the gorgeous monorail ride to Epcot, ALL the food choices, the views. Even if there aren't a million things for the kids to do at the resort, there are some, and the pool is SupeR amazing. Also, Stitch is there, like all the time, so, yeah. Poly.

I finally got our December trip booked this morning. We were hoping for Beach Club, but there were no DVC rooms available for our dates, so...we're going to do a Cars Suite at AOA for the first two nights and then a 2BR at Saratoga Springs for the rest of the trip.

YAY! YOUR BOOKED! Booking is so exciting.. Then when it's paid off is even MORE exciting! LOL.
It's a Fun room! We preferred lion king. PLEASE let me know how you liked it. wondering if we are becoming snobs?!?
two bedroom.. SOUNDS HEAVENLY! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

We'll be celebrating a 10th birthday and an 8th birthday on this trip, so I'll be using of your celebrating ideas!

OH OH!!! HOW FUN! anything you need let me know i would love to help you out!

In my defense - the last time I read your resort choices - back in March - the choices were AKL and BW. You never mentioned the Poly until now.

Ok.. your forgiven! LOL
More and more people are saying BW isn't a favorite.. So i believe we will just take a ride over there to see everything?!?

I have stayed at BW and like you, I was excited about it for the entertainment purposes. I did not care for everything being outside. I also did not like that I had to buy the refillable mug, but they gave me my soda in a paper cup. I asked if I could just bring the receipt back so I wouldn't have to carry the cup everywhere if they were not gonna fill it anyway. That was a no go. But hey I tried!

I am so glad your telling me this! Walking outside for everything doesn't sound enjoyable.. It's like your not in a resort bubble. you have to share with everyone... I like being in a bubble.. i feel safe there.. :rotfl2:

As for the Poly....that was the first hotel I ever stayed in at Disney World....ok that is a lie. When I was 5 my uncle and Grandma took me for my bday gift and we stayed at a Fort Wilderness Cabin.....but my sister and I LOVED the Poly, so it will always have a soft spot even though I have not stayed there in 22 years. Those night pictures of the kids on the beach, makes me wish I was there now getting ready to watch Wishes. This probably does not help but you asked lol.

Same here my first trip i was 4 and we stayed at Contemporary.. I don't remember too much but being chased by Pinocchio-- the dumbo ride-- stand out few other things.
2010 was out first real family vacation.. yes it was MAGICAL! The poly has won hands down.

Well, I've never stayed at Boardwalk, and the last time I stayed at Poly was 1992...

You loved it right???

I say Poly. It's my dream resort. I mean, you said it yourself; the proximity to MK, the gorgeous monorail ride to Epcot, ALL the food choices, the views. Even if there aren't a million things for the kids to do at the resort, there are some, and the pool is SupeR amazing. Also, Stitch is there, like all the time, so, yeah. Poly.

What do you mean stitch is there all the time?!?! Seriously? That will make Matt very happy since we didn't meet with him in November! :stitch2:

YAY another point in the Poly decision!!!

I have new about my car FINALLY!

Called yesterday my engine is BLOWN something about a sensor that went bad to the car heated up too much for it to take and POOF it's dead. $4,200.00

Ouch..

Well what can you do? I have to pay it. I do NOT want another car payment.. now i will have a new Transmission-Engine-starter-pumps and many other things which are included in that four thousand. 100,000 mile warranty etc. needless to say i have a new car on the inside. the stuff that matters. it will be another 3 weeks until i get it back.. I cannot tell you how much I MISS IT! :car:

:confused3I guess the car thing has a silver lining...new on the inside with 100K warranty...at least you will have it back in 3 weeks, and you can then start the planning for the epic trip!

I have never stayed in the Epcot area, so I can't offer any opinions on that location.

I have stayed at the Poly. If I could chose any resort to stay at, this would be my choice. Just the transportation options alone are worth it. Add to it the relaxing décor. One of the biggest rooms on property and some of the biggest bathrooms in some of the buildings. The monorail for two parks, plus the boat option for the MK! The food in the lounge is AWESOME! You get the Water Parade. Tonga Toast (if you like that sort of thing) Sooooo, yes, I am Poly all the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter