Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

I've been reading, haven't commented cause I have no experience staying at either resort, nor any surprising teenagers with a magical vacation. But I think it's cool that you're letting Tom have a final say in the resort; my partner would not be able to make that call! I'm psyched to see how you guys end up telling the kids. That's gonna be a fun one I'm sure!

Hope your family had a great Easter. So sorry to read about the car. I hope it's nothing too major. Club level sounds great!

How's the car Mo?

I can't believe I didn't think of this before…"Bookish Princess" does great tours of all the club-level rooms/amenities on her channel. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, all the others that I can't remember…She covers all of them. Room tours, videos of the food, club lounges, secluded club-level areas, it's really interesting.

Hello all!! Remember me? I will explain my absence in another post!

Happy Easter!!

THANK YOU!!! I hope you have a great easter?

Car problems suck. Hope it is an easy and cheap fix.

Car problems are the PITS!

I enjoyed the Kahlua in the evening when we stayed club level at WL. It was perfect and went well with dessert. :)

you have me drooling now... seriously...
DROOLING.

That clown is probably drunk on kahlua, too. I hate that guy.

you and me both! EEEK!

I love the idea of CLUB LEVEL! I considered it for my October Beach Club trip, but being solo, it's just not worth the price difference. If I had a family though and we were all partaking from the offerings, then absolutely!!!

I would love to tell you to stop being silly and book it.. Since we haven't done it YET! LOL...
Yes Breakfast snacks and LIQUOR?!?! Yes please!

Not sure where we will be staying next September, I will book Boardwalk in October, but not sure if we will stay there or move somewhere else at 7 months. Although if you are going to be there, we would consider just staying. I've only ever had a Boardwalk view. Between Kidani or Jambo, I like them both, however, Jambo House lobby is much larger and more impressive than Kidani and the food court is at Jambo. There are a few food items, coffee and drink dispensers in the small store at Kidani, but there isn't much there - and I believe the CL is only at Jambo. I know you need a special card/band to access the 6th floor, where the CL is at Jambo. One day we will stay there.

I would hope you would stay at boardwalk with us!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!
I have to stop looking at AKL until our next trip.. Tom wants Boardwalk so i might let him.... just this time...

I know I am a little late to the party but joining. Loved your intro then got a bit confused with the dates until I got all caught up. :rotfl:Sometimes it takes me a minute or more to process, but love it so far!

HELLO!!! and a big ol :welcome:

Yes, i recycled this report for next year... I liked the intro too much to start a different one.. Same month just different players and year! LOL so glad your here and caught up!

Just wanted to let you know you really got me thinking about Great America. My son just got his first summer job there just last week. Boy, I hope it works out for him but I can't have him laying on my couch all summer after CC practice again. I worked at Cedar Point during college and we flagged folks coming in through admissions gates to let them know to go to the park office to see if there were restrictions. I am definitely going to make sure he knows he needs to be a heads up employee. What a terrible experience they should be ashamed with their response.

UGH! Great America! I am sure he will make a difference.. a DISNEY Difference in a non disney place!!! Are you from the Gurnee area? If so maybe i will see him! I need to take Meg back there to be able to ride a few things she missed. I will NOT go back to the water area ever again.
Your right their customer service is the PITS!

Second, I can't tell you how much we enjoyed CL. The last time we were there we stayed at BC CL for the first time. I am not fortunate like you, my DH is not a Disney fan. However, I first bribed him with Deluxe resorts then we moved to CL. Now he won't let me go back down to a different level. We think they do a fabulous job with their food for breakfast and snacks. It is great to run in there to get a adult beverage, soda or water without having to get a resort mug and hoof it to the nearest store/food court. AND you can't beat the availability of the IPO number to get additional fast passes. The turn down service is nice too, fresh towels and chocolate. :thumbsup2 By the way we tried to get BW CL for our spring trip this year but it wasn't available it looks fabulous.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Makes me more excited with all the great reviews!
There are a lot of people who don't have the DH like i do.. Bribery will get your EVERYWHERE! LOL
ohhh this is spoiling to the fullest! Totally forgot about all those extras!! How does the IPO work?? With the changes to the FP system will the IPO still work like that? I am clueless in what they actually do for you.
I am sure spring being such a high time it's tough to get in. Sept is so low i am sure we wont' have an issue.. I hope....

Good luck on picking a surprise method for the kids, sounds like they will like any way! Looking forward to reading more!

Your right they will like anything i throw at them. Glad you will stick around. It's gets kinda off track at some times but please join in any conversation we have here! LOL

Happy Easter!

Thank you! Hope you had a wonderful Easter too!

Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your kids a Happy Easter. I have been reading along, just not commenting.

HI THERE!!!
HAPPY EASTER!!!
comment!!! Please!

I do agree about the scary clown pool at the Boardwalk. It's just creepy to me.

Yes.. that thing is nightmare central.

Our next Disney trip is in September -If my boss approves it. My son in law is my supervisor and we both have to be off at the same time to go since he does most of the driving. She owes us a favor so we're calling it in for this trip.
Have a great day.
Liz

LIZ! Hi!
He better approve it! you must have a great supervisor! LOL Ohh I want to hear all about your trip!

I've been reading, haven't commented cause I have no experience staying at either resort, nor any surprising teenagers with a magical vacation. But I think it's cool that you're letting Tom have a final say in the resort; my partner would not be able to make that call! I'm psyched to see how you guys end up telling the kids. That's gonna be a fun one I'm sure!

You can comment on anything! I need your brain! I can't wait to figure it out.. I have MANY idea floating around.. I need to write them down. so you can help!

Yay for Club Level keeping out the riffraff, lol.

No kidding.. I am tired of seeing people in their skives! I DON'T NEED TO SEE IT! Let alone my kids! :scared1:

I didn't get a pm from you. Try again?

OK Will do.

Hope your family had a great Easter. So sorry to read about the car. I hope it's nothing too major. Club level sounds great!

Thank you! we did!!! I hope you had a great time too!
Club Level sounds DREAMY NOW!!

I can't believe I didn't think of this before…"Bookish Princess" does great tours of all the club-level rooms/amenities on her channel. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, all the others that I can't remember…She covers all of them. Room tours, videos of the food, club lounges, secluded club-level areas, it's really interesting.

I am going there NOW!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Sorry i was MIA...

First i was off from this job 1 because they kids were off 2. i don't have a car and HATE to inconvenience my parents to keep borrowing theirs. 3. I hate this place and was GLAD not to be here.

My car update... After a lot of phone calls etc it was bleak... Like 3,000 and more... EEEKKKKKKK
One day last week the kids and i were walking to Wendy's. we walked past the kids football coach and was chit chatting with him He ended up giving me a phone number but not without weighing the boys first to make sure they were OK... Love that guy.
So we called and he quoted us 2,000! SOLD THE CAR IS YOURS! another tow and finally it's was on it's Way to becoming sea worthy again! So much so my Battelship will be DONE TODAY!!! :dancer:

YAHOO!

During this time.. we found out my Aunt is not doing well She was put in the hospital for an infection. Terrible infection. Which may or may not be caused by the Cancer-Arthritis- or any other ailment. She has been diagnosed with dementia and NOT doing well. For some reason they released her and sent her home with home care.
My mom was called to help too. My Mom is not a nurse nor does she know anything about taking care of someone like this. Killing me that my Uncle is making my Mom do all this, including dying her hair... REALLY? She need to be put in a home so she can have the care needed. I have to stop here.. Family drama is not how i want this to go. But if your the praying type i ask that you pray for her.
Also ya know how i was talking about my friends who we all grew up with? My one friend Becky her dad just died today. Like we said my dad came and got him Told him he had a beer waiting for him on the other side. I feel awful for her and her sister. Cancer sucks. Thankfully he went fast and peacefully.

Easter was fantastic! I promise to have pictures soon! Yes we did have our annual Egg WAR!!!!!!

I would rather talk about surprises and Disney!

Last edited:
Surprises and Changes..

No not resort or date changes.. The stuff Disney does to change all my plans! LOL

I read Disney will now allow you to use your own phones for the Agent Perry thing! YAY!
I wonder if we can pick our own country? Or still stop at the recruitment place??

Norway will be open.

cannot wait for rivers of light.. sitting not so patiently waiting for a video!

Let's talk surprises. Last night i was in need of watching Disney. I caught up with See Ya Reel Soon. then was caught in the you tube hole... Next up. Surprising kids for a Disney trip of course the kids were watching with us. Most of them are the treasure hunt type. so then i put up OUR reveal video from 2014. I cried all over again.
Which this gave ME AN IDEA!
giphy.gif

I COULD do the same thing. Sit on the couch.. start you tubing surprise trips then cut over to my channel and surprise them there?
Oh! while watching some of the videos surprised the kids but they weren't leaving for a week or a month. Kids did NOT like that idea They don't want to wait that week to go. They would rather be surprised the night before or the day of. Depending on when we leave. must keep this in mind..

OR as WoodNymph pointed out they are going to be 12 going on 13.. So i COULD also send them to my car telling them to go and get the groceries When they ope it there will be all our luggage and a sign telling them we are going?

I like the you tube idea better... I will keep researching...

I have nothing else right now.. But i refuse to do any more work until my boss calls me after the staff meeting! YAY!

Sorry i was MIA...

First i was off from this job 1 because they kids were off 2. i don't have a car and HATE to inconvenience my parents to keep borrowing theirs. 3. I hate this place and was GLAD not to be here.

My car update... After a lot of phone calls etc it was bleak... Like 3,000 and more... EEEKKKKKKK
One day last week the kids and i were walking to Wendy's. we walked past the kids football coach and was chit chatting with him He ended up giving me a phone number but not without weighing the boys first to make sure they were OK... Love that guy.
So we called and he quoted us 2,000! SOLD THE CAR IS YOURS! another tow and finally it's was on it's Way to becoming sea worthy again! So much so my Battelship will be DONE TODAY!!! :dancer:

YAHOO!

During this time.. we found out my Aunt is not doing well She was put in the hospital for an infection. Terrible infection. Which may or may not be caused by the Cancer-Arthritis- or any other ailment. She has been diagnosed with dementia and NOT doing well. For some reason they released her and sent her home with home care.
My mom was called to help too. My Mom is not a nurse nor does she know anything about taking care of someone like this. Killing me that my Uncle is making my Mom do all this, including dying her hair... REALLY? She need to be put in a home so she can have the care needed. I have to stop here.. Family drama is not how i want this to go. But if your the praying type i ask that you pray for her.
Also ya know how i was talking about my friends who we all grew up with? My one friend Becky her dad just died today. Like we said my dad came and got him Told him he had a beer waiting for him on the other side. I feel awful for her and her sister. Cancer sucks. Thankfully he went fast and peacefully.

Easter was fantastic! I promise to have pictures soon! Yes we did have our annual Egg WAR!!!!!!

I would rather talk about surprises and Disney!

Yay for getting the battleship fixed! I absolutely hate being without my car, I feel like I'm missing a limb!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Cancer sucks, arthritis sucks, and dementia sucks. My Grandma had dementia towards the end of her life, I can't imagine us having to care for her those last 6mo at home (she went into a nursing facility 6mo before she passed away). Your poor Mum, especially if there are other able siblings, shouldn't be doing all the looking-after on her own. I hope your family gets the support they need to get your Aunt where she needs to be. LOTS of love and prayers coming your way.

Surprises and Changes..
No not resort or date changes.. The stuff Disney does to change all my plans! LOL

I read Disney will now allow you to use your own phones for the Agent Perry thing! YAY!
I wonder if we can pick our own country? Or still stop at the recruitment place??

Norway will be open.

Let's talk surprises. Last night i was in need of watching Disney. I caught up with See Ya Reel Soon. then was caught in the you tube hole... Next up. Surprising kids for a Disney trip of course the kids were watching with us. Most of them are the treasure hunt type. so then i put up OUR reveal video from 2014. I cried all over again.
Which this gave ME AN IDEA!
giphy.gif

I COULD do the same thing. Sit on the couch.. start you tubing surprise trips then cut over to my channel and surprise them there?
Oh! while watching some of the videos surprised the kids but they weren't leaving for a week or a month. Kids did NOT like that idea They don't want to wait that week to go. They would rather be surprised the night before or the day of. Depending on when we leave. must keep this in mind..

OR as WoodNymph pointed out they are going to be 12 going on 13.. So i COULD also send them to my car telling them to go and get the groceries When they ope it there will be all our luggage and a sign telling them we are going?

I like the you tube idea better... I will keep researching...

I have nothing else right now.. But i refuse to do any more work until my boss calls me after the staff meeting! YAY!

I'm guessing you have some friends who will be in Disney before the surprise…Would you be able to ask them to do some character meeting and greeting for you? When we were in Disney we surprised a friend of ours with a video of all the characters we met saying hello and sending her messages, she loved it and the characters we had did an awesome job!

You could be showing videos, one of your holiday videos starts to play (something they'll recognise), a minute or so in it fades off/flickers/whatever effect you can add in your video editor…"We interrupt this video for a very important announcement…" and then the characters telling the kids that they are going to Disney. Even if it's just a montage of all the characters saying "Surprise!!" and then you at the end saying "We're going to Disney!" or something like that. That would be different!

Glad you get your van back. So I finally figured out how I will surprise Chelsea with our trip in June. She is constantly asking if we are going to WDW this summer. I can honestly tell her no. She has her end of the year dance program the night before we leave for Disneyland. It is customary to get your dancer flowers to give her after. So I am going to make a Styrofoam Mickey head and fill it in with flowers. I will give her that after her performance with a note saying how proud we are of her hard work and that I hope she is ready to let her hair down and have some fun with old friends. Next morning, we will throw everything in car and leave.

Work is calling. Got to go,

I'm so glad the car is working. It sounds like a tough situation with your aunt. I'm really sorry. Do you think your uncle could hire a nurse to come daily to help care for her? He probably doesn't want to be away from her, which is making his decision to keep her home harder.
On a Disney note, I think it's really cute to surprise them the day of. I'm not sure how you plan to pack without them knowing though. I know it takes me a weeks if not more to pack. Looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

Well really glad to hear you got your Battleship back! I really miss my van, it is sad when they go, at least yours will get lots more miles. I can totally relate to your family situation. Those decisions are very difficult. Dementia is very hard on a family. My mom is currently taking care of my dad and she is a nurse and is doing it alone as she lives in another state from my sister and me. You really need a team for support but getting everyone on that page is a challenge.

UGH! Great America! I am sure he will make a difference.. a DISNEY Difference in a non disney place!!! Are you from the Gurnee area? If so maybe i will see him! I need to take Meg back there to be able to ride a few things she missed. I will NOT go back to the water area ever again.

When I read that I almost spit out my Coke...as guess what - that is where he got assigned. The water area. Ugh, is right. :confused3 Well, I hope he will make a Disney difference. :wizard: We are from the area. It looks like a Panther sticker on the back of your van, is it?

How does the IPO work?? With the changes to the FP system will the IPO still work like that? I am clueless in what they actually do for you.

You guys will love it if you do it, the bad thing about it is that you'll want to do it again. The IPO system is kinda cool. After you book, you will get an e-mail will a questionnaire. They will book your ADRs and FPs, but most people like to do that themselves. In my current trip, I didn't book the ME but entered my flight information and they did it for me. :cheer2: My favorite part is the phone number you get once you get there to text to get additional FPs. It was wonderful. We also like the turn down service as we typically shower more than once a day (morning and then again after an afternoon at the pool.) They come in and replace your towels and give you chocolate. :woohoo:

I am with the kids, seems more fun to get surprised the night before. I think that is a cool idea regarding the videos! I am sure that it will all work out!

I am sorry to hear about your aunt and your friend's father. Sending you some hopeful thoughts.

Good stuff on the car though!

The stuff Disney does to change all my plans! LOL

RIGHT!? Why do they play with my emotions like this?!

I thought this was SO cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they come up with, maybe SotMK on the cell...?

I KNOW!! Even my DH, who is not a Disney guy (yet) has watched a few videos of this with me. Not an actual video of the show yet, but the floats and stuff.

I like it... Surprise them right under their noses...

OMG! That is brilliant! When I was a kid my mom surprised us with a trip in a very simple way; picked us up from school on a Thursday saying "Man, it's been a long week. I think we should just go to Disney World!" We of course agreed and she said "OK, lets go... Right now!" Living in South Florida we just drove up right then, but food for thought...

I love not working at work. I'm doing it right now!

Yay for getting the battleship fixed! I absolutely hate being without my car, I feel like I'm missing a limb!

you and me both! it was awful!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Cancer sucks, arthritis sucks, and dementia sucks. My Grandma had dementia towards the end of her life, I can't imagine us having to care for her those last 6mo at home (she went into a nursing facility 6mo before she passed away). Your poor Mum, especially if there are other able siblings, shouldn't be doing all the looking-after on her own. I hope your family gets the support they need to get your Aunt where she needs to be. LOTS of love and prayers coming your way.

I feel terrible for her. My Mom and her sister are the last of their siblings, both brothers have passed away. So my mom is the only one ..
They have a home care person coming in yet my uncle wants my Mom there the entire time which is of course taking a lot out of my mom. it's such a crazy situation!!!

I'm guessing you have some friends who will be in Disney before the surprise…Would you be able to ask them to do some character meeting and greeting for you? When we were in Disney we surprised a friend of ours with a video of all the characters we met saying hello and sending her messages, she loved it and the characters we had did an awesome job!

I do and this is an AWESOME IDEA!!! Im off to ask a few people!!

You could be showing videos, one of your holiday videos starts to play (something they'll recognise), a minute or so in it fades off/flickers/whatever effect you can add in your video editor…"We interrupt this video for a very important announcement…" and then the characters telling the kids that they are going to Disney. Even if it's just a montage of all the characters saying "Surprise!!" and then you at the end saying "We're going to Disney!" or something like that. That would be different!

Did you see the last video i did? It kinda went that way.. I will re-post that in a minute!!!

Glad you get your van back.

I LOVE MY BATTLESHIP!

So I finally figured out how I will surprise Chelsea with our trip in June. She is constantly asking if we are going to WDW this summer. I can honestly tell her no. She has her end of the year dance program the night before we leave for Disneyland. It is customary to get your dancer flowers to give her after. So I am going to make a Styrofoam Mickey head and fill it in with flowers. I will give her that after her performance with a note saying how proud we are of her hard work and that I hope she is ready to let her hair down and have some fun with old friends. Next morning, we will throw everything in car and leave.

I LOVE THIS!!! Yet you could make another note FROM Mickey saying how proud he is too and cannot wait to see her!

Work is calling. Got to go,

It does that doesn't it?

On a Disney note, I think it's really cute to surprise them the day of. I'm not sure how you plan to pack without them knowing though. I know it takes me a weeks if not more to pack. Looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

They are honestly CLUELESS when it comes to that stuff.. I leave clothes they will wear for the week take them wash them and pack them as they are done... just pretend i haven't done laundry for a while...

Well really glad to hear you got your Battleship back! I really miss my van, it is sad when they go, at least yours will get lots more miles.

YES! I am so happy to have my truck back!!! I missed it so so much!!!

I can totally relate to your family situation. Those decisions are very difficult. Dementia is very hard on a family. My mom is currently taking care of my dad and she is a nurse and is doing it alone as she lives in another state from my sister and me. You really need a team for support but getting everyone on that page is a challenge.

It's extremely difficult. I'm sorry your family is also going through this situation...

When I read that I almost spit out my Coke...as guess what - that is where he got assigned. The water area. Ugh, is right. :confused3 Well, I hope he will make a Disney difference. :wizard: We are from the area. It looks like a Panther sticker on the back of your van, is it?

OH NOOOOOO!!!! I'm sorry!! But I am sure you raised an amazing son he will make the people HAPPY!
Nope no panters. I have two dog print magnets one says your dog doesn't know sit and the other says my dog poops on packer fans... Then i have GOT GOLDENS with a silhouette of a golden. Another sticker with my family is a NIGHTMARE with the Night Before Christmas characters AND five Mickey heads for my little disney loving family... yeah there is a lot on my truck! LOL...

You guys will love it if you do it, the bad thing about it is that you'll want to do it again.

this is a fear of mine.. Don't know if I can go back?!?! eeek!

The IPO system is kinda cool. After you book, you will get an e-mail will a questionnaire.

This alone sounds like FUN!

They will book your ADRs and FPs, but most people like to do that themselves.

How good are they with getting the ADR's like a BOG dinner?!?! or FP for Mine train?!?! I would NOT mind letting them do it... takes a LOT off of me!!

In my current trip, I didn't book the ME but entered my flight information and they did it for me.

That's nice too!! i miss the ME.... I really hope we can swing it next year!

My favorite part is the phone number you get once you get there to text to get additional FPs. It was wonderful.

Will this still happen if you can gain your extra FP on your phone now?? I should go to the CL thread and find out...

We also like the turn down service as we typically shower more than once a day (morning and then again after an afternoon at the pool.)

OH OH OH! so do we... we shower at night can't go to sleep being dirty from the parks-- WE must shower at night! and after pools too.. icky...

They come in and replace your towels and give you chocolate.

chocolate... I need chocolate....

I am with the kids, seems more fun to get surprised the night before. I think that is a cool idea regarding the videos! I am sure that it will all work out!

It will work out. yet.. it's how to TOP the 2014 trip!!!

I am sorry to hear about your aunt and your friend's father. Sending you some hopeful thoughts.

Good stuff on the car though!

Thank you very much it's tough right now.. so i am TRYING to go to my Disney bubble.

RIGHT!? Why do they play with my emotions like this?!

I don't know.. i guess they want to keep us on our toes!!

I thought this was SO cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they come up with, maybe SotMK on the cell...?

Ohhh....

I KNOW!! Even my DH, who is not a Disney guy (yet) has watched a few videos of this with me. Not an actual video of the show yet, but the floats and stuff.

I KNOW! it looks amazing!! Sorry they pushed it back i know a lot of people are really upset as they planned their trips and not won't be able to see it!

I like it... Surprise them right under their noses...

my plan! LOL.. helps my kids are clueless...

OMG! That is brilliant! When I was a kid my mom surprised us with a trip in a very simple way; picked us up from school on a Thursday saying "Man, it's been a long week. I think we should just go to Disney World!" We of course agreed and she said "OK, lets go... Right now!" Living in South Florida we just drove up right then, but food for thought...

OMG that is just awesome... i would freaked in the car!!!

I love not working at work. I'm doing it right now!

Today is a good day to NOT work again...

Life updates

My aunt is doing a little bit better. Yet she still says things she doesn't mean. It's tragic I wish this upon NO ONE ever. My Mom doesn't know which way to turn yet is holding up very well.
They apparently have a new home care and she is awesome with my aunt.. That's great news.

So my friends dad. Who was my Dad's Best Friend. i guess Becky found my father's obituary around him when he passed... That hurt.
plus found a ton of old pictures of all of us as kids!

My BATTLESHIP!
I CANNOT TELL YOU how happy i am.. When we went to the garage on Tuesday (tom's driving is scary)
I saw my baby sitting there just waiting for me to pick her up and i hugged her... Yes i ran over an hugged her..
It hurt my heart to pass over 2430.00 in cash to the garage but i know i had too.. Once in my truck and i pressed on the gas and it MOVED JOYOUS!
OH it drives like a dream SO happy to have it back!!! My parent's are ecstatic to have their cars back My mom can go to my Aunt's and my Step Dad is bee bopping around!

YAY!

How to top this...

In 2014 I surprised the kidlets with their 10th birthday surprise trip.. It was HARD!!! They were always saying how they wanted to go back.. To the point of them almost in tears... I wanted to stop their misery and just tell them...

But I didn't

Which made the surprise that much better...

You can see the reveal video here:

The video they watched is here:

If you don't want to watch 25 minutes of the video, skip to about 23 minutes for the surprise! There are a couple of different versions of this and i think this is the first one i made... You get the basic idea...

Needless to say it was the BEST surprise ever!!! Everyone her on the Dis helped and made it that much better for my kids. These people will forever have my heart!!! I STILL am amazed at the kindness!!! I wish i can do something for them!

Sadly they know I will be surprising them again in the future since they ASKED to be surprised! I guess knowing they were going in 2015 wasn't as exciting as being surprised about going... got me.

Since then i have been a BUSY bee making home movies.. and i have gotten pretty good at it!!!

They are pretty smart and probably KNOW we are going next year.. So i will just keep up the we have no MONEY the car took it all.. Which isn't so much a lie right???

I'm glad your aunt is improving. I know how hard dementia and Alzheimer can be; my maternal grandmother has Alzheimer. It's not easy to see them become so unlike the people we know and love. Such sad news about your friend's father. Stay positive; in his final moments he was looking back on his happy life and soaking in the memories.

But victory on your battleship!! :thumbsup2:cool1:

I guess knowing they were going in 2015 wasn't as exciting as being surprised about going... got me.

Teenagers...:confused3

So i will just keep up the we have no MONEY the car took it all.. Which isn't so much a lie right???

That's perfect!

I'm so sorry to hear about all the family drama. It's never easy and you are so right. Cancer sucks...BIG TIME!!

Say whaaaaaaat??? How did I miss this? I can't wait to do this as we're eating & drinking around the world.

Right there with ya. Did you hear that they had to postpone the opening? Now they're saying mid May.

You can see the reveal video here:

Oh, sweet Meg! That made me tear up too. I love that they didn't believe you all first & then was all "You're the best mom ever!"

How good are they with getting the ADR's like a BOG dinner?!?! or FP for Mine train?!?! I would NOT mind letting them do it... takes a LOT off of me!!

Well, my understanding is pretty much the same as you doing it. They don't get to do it in advance. Most folks do their own ADRs and initial FPs because they know exactly what they want and if something is not available they know what they want to move around. It just depends how much control you want to give up. I think if you know exactly what you want and when you would be good. :thumbsup2 We finally got a FP for Mine Train for this trip, we haven't rode it yet as we couldn't get a FP the last time and didn't was to stand in a line for more than an hour. I am looking forward to it.

Will this still happen if you can gain your extra FP on your phone now?? I should go to the CL thread and find out...

The CL is very informative especially if you are trying to figure out where to stay. I learned a lot for our first stay. The thing for our family is that the pool is the swing vote. We once got upgraded to GF from BC. It had the best view near the dock at FG but we are probably the only ones that aren't really keen on that resort. They are still doing the FPs as far as I know, I guess once it is available on the App the perk might not be as nice?

OH OH OH! so do we... we shower at night can't go to sleep being dirty from the parks-- WE must shower at night! and after pools too.. icky...

We are with you there. We shower at night too. After a hot day at the park, the shower is nice and relaxing. However, we are always chasing someone down for more towels so that perk is nice.

They are pretty smart and probably KNOW we are going next year.. So i will just keep up the we have no MONEY the car took it all.. Which isn't so much a lie right???

A mom has to do what a mom has to do!

Have a great weekend!

This should work. After all, they saw the cash go out the door. ::yes::

I'm here! :yay:
Hope your car is all good to go now?

I love that the kids have such exact wishes about being surprised, lol.
We are currently dropping hints to our kids about which hotel we are staying at next month. It's been fun torturing them. :joker:

I like the idea of using your own cell phone to do agent Perry. Neato.

I'm glad your aunt is improving. I know how hard dementia and Alzheimer can be; my maternal grandmother has Alzheimer. It's not easy to see them become so unlike the people we know and love. Such sad news about your friend's father. Stay positive; in his final moments he was looking back on his happy life and soaking in the memories.

Thank you..
It really is tough on the family for sure. I hate anyone to watch their loved ones go through this...
So we are now trying to keep visiting and making her remember all the good times and just make her laugh.

But victory on your battleship!!

THANK YOU! She drives like a dram!

Teenagers...

Tell me about it...

That's perfect!

Thanks! I need to keep something up.

I'm so sorry to hear about all the family drama. It's never easy and you are so right. Cancer sucks...BIG TIME!!

Thank you. Yes. it is. Just wish there was something just to make them feel more comfortable.

Say whaaaaaaat??? How did I miss this? I can't wait to do this as we're eating & drinking around the world.

YAY! Yep! can use your own phones! I hope it's cool...

Right there with ya. Did you hear that they had to postpone the opening? Now they're saying mid May.

I did.. I feel sorry for a lot of people who booked their trips (possibly the only trip they will ever have) and it won't be open for them. Sad.. I am shocked they are holding back as it is the anniversary of park opening!

Oh, sweet Meg! That made me tear up too. I love that they didn't believe you all first & then was all "You're the best mom ever!"

awww Thank you! it was a proud moment for sure!

Well, my understanding is pretty much the same as you doing it. They don't get to do it in advance. Most folks do their own ADRs and initial FPs because they know exactly what they want and if something is not available they know what they want to move around. It just depends how much control you want to give up. I think if you know exactly what you want and when you would be good.

hummmm.. I don't know what to do. Once i book i will talk to them a little more too. I haven't had the chance to go over to the CL thread and read everything..
I was wondering if they hold reservations for CL people and their ADR'S? maybe have a better chance at getting say--- BOG dinner?

We finally got a FP for Mine Train for this trip, we haven't rode it yet as we couldn't get a FP the last time and didn't was to stand in a line for more than an hour. I am looking forward to it.

OHHH I am so happy for you! you will love it! It's a really cute ride!

The CL is very informative especially if you are trying to figure out where to stay. I learned a lot for our first stay. The thing for our family is that the pool is the swing vote. We once got upgraded to GF from BC. It had the best view near the dock at FG but we are probably the only ones that aren't really keen on that resort. They are still doing the FPs as far as I know, I guess once it is available on the App the perk might not be as nice?

Good Point.. I haven't had the time to read the CL thread.. I do need to get over there

We are with you there. We shower at night too. After a hot day at the park, the shower is nice and relaxing. However, we are always chasing someone down for more towels so that perk is nice.

YES! i must shower at night!
ugh oh we need towels!!!! Lots of them! LOL...

A mom has to do what a mom has to do!

Have a great weekend!

This we do..
It was busy.

This should work. After all, they saw the cash go out the door. ::yes::

Good point they did!!!
I'm here! :yay:
Hope your car is all good to go now?

It is! drives like a dream!

I love that the kids have such exact wishes about being surprised, lol.

Nothing like spoiling a surprise then ASKING for a surprise! LOL...

We are currently dropping hints to our kids about which hotel we are staying at next month. It's been fun torturing them.

Ohhh THAT is fun...

I like the idea of using your own cell phone to do agent Perry. Neato.

So do i.. I am sure they did a great job with it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter