Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

So let's do a bit of an update from this poor unfortunate report... I will go back and change all my stuff here.. I do like the intro so i don't want to change too much! LOL

SEVERAL THINGS HAVE CHANGED.

1. these friends no longer want to go. I believe maria didn't want a vacation that you had to do stuff with.. Second they went to Florida in December without telling me.. they didn't go to Disney.. And i haven't spoken to them in forever.. Did i mention her daughter in part of my volleyball team? and Maria is friends with the one mother i had to confront?!? Oh well..

2. We are NOT going to Disney this year... NOPE not happening. This is the year of the house. we need to fix so many things including painting. Not even going to talk about the front porch! Let's not even talk about finding someone for my animals!!!

3. The kids want another surprise... Yes you read that right. we are going to surprise them again... Not as BIG as the last. They know we are going to go again. just not WHEN.

4. I want to stay deluxe this time. Yes i want to be spoiled.

5. I need to stop drinking.. Or combining Disney with Drinking. I will explain.

The Disney bug has bitten Tom and I..
We decided NEXT YEAR Sept will our trip! Our next surprise trip!

What's the first step in planning? Well Pick your resort!! We busily watched you tube after you tube video of resorts. You all know how much i adore the Polynesian. Yet we have stayed there already, Let's try NEW!
I am sure i will shock some of you with our picks!

Beach Club!
Animal Kingdom!
Saratoga Springs
Contemporary
BOARDWALK <-- scary clown and all! can you believe it?!?!

How about that?!?! Nothing you would expect from us.

well the more and more we watched the more and more the kids and Tom loved....

Google images:
boardwalk-00-full.jpg

BOARDWALK!!!

Let's just say i have been having nightmares about that dang clown pool and it's light up eyes... UGH! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE A CLOWN??! the Keister Coaster. 200 feet of being tossed like cookies out of it's grotesque mouth.

Yet.. It seems like something right up our family's alley, It's up beat. Lively and there is always something going on!!! Plus it's a walk to Epcot AND hollywood studios?? Bonus!

In talking with Tom we really wanted a washer and dryer in our room. Such a convenience especially when you live with smelly boys and feet! P.U. :scared:

BUT we really liked AK! Talking with a friend who has DVC said it's amazing to wake up and a giraffe is literally looking into your balcony window..
OK this is really pretty cool... There are so many things to do here too.. story telling camp fires safari So there is a lot going on here too..

Contemporary: YOU CAN SEE WISHES FROM YOUR BALCONY!!! Stream the music from the TV???

Saratoga Springs. I don't know enough about this resort too comment on.

I called Disney
Let's just say at the boardwalk Sept 2017 there was a 3 bedroom available..
$14,623.91 BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA God Bless those who can afford that.. and i am talk this is JUST the resort. No tickets, or Dining plan attached. Just the resort!

Wanna know the Poly bungalow?
That's a car.

So my dilemma is
Do we want Club Level at the boardwalk? Or a 1 bedroom Animal Kingdom?!?! Pretty much the same price.

I am going to go back adn redo all the OLD information and update it all to the Sept 2017 version.. including the new drunking family who might come with! HA HA

I didn't even know this was here... so of course I am joining.

I cannot believe your experience at Great America, that is awful!!! Well I guess I can believe it, because I have never had a great experience there. Long lines, dirty, no magic, dirty, rude employees, dirty, waiting for one turn around the lazy river (the worst), dirty, crazy expensive prices for everything from parking to food (way more than Disney, IMO)... did I mention dirty. I agree about the locker rooms at the water park, yuck. Every year the kids get free tickets there for reading, and every year I try and think of a reason that we can't go... luckily for the last two years it was either, "We just went to Disney!" or "We're going to Disney in a few months!". This year... I have to come up with something...

Yay for the Poly!! It is at the top of my bucket list of places I want to stay at. When we were stuck waiting in line for the ferry for over an hour the kids had a blast watching Aladdin on the beach. It is just a magical resort!! I just love staying close to Epcot, so that is what is winning for us.

Woops I missed an update... let me read that one now. Be right back!

Okay, now I am back and up-to-date on the changes!

Planning with other families is hard and frustrating, even when it is something much smaller than Disney... like a trip to the Wisconsin Dells for spring break. That even makes me want to pull my hair out, I can't imagine planning a Disney trip with them... I ended up booking alone for spring break because it was too much stress.

I love your resort choices!

Boardwalk is my choice... I know the clown is creepy... but think of the benefits of the location. Walking (or taking a boat) to Epcot or DHS... priceless!!

Last edited:
Bummer that you aren't going back this year but at least you have something to plan!

You know you will change your mind on the resort at least 100 times between now and then, right? ::yes:::rotfl:

As you know I've never stayed at a deluxe because I'm never in the room and can't justify the cost. But if I had to pick (I've at least visited all of your options except Saratoga Springs) it would definitely be AK Lodge. I love the feel of the whole resort and how can you beat waking up to animals! And you wouldn't have to go far for breakfast at Boma. Remember they have the same juice there as Tusker House!

I didn't even know this was here... so of course I am joining.

HA HA! well i am sure i just had you all mixed up!

I cannot believe your experience at Great America, that is awful!!! Well I guess I can believe it, because I have never had a great experience there. Long lines, dirty, no magic, dirty, rude employees, dirty, waiting for one turn around the lazy river (the worst), dirty, crazy expensive prices for everything from parking to food (way more than Disney, IMO)... did I mention dirty. I agree about the locker rooms at the water park, yuck. Every year the kids get free tickets there for reading, and every year I try and think of a reason that we can't go... luckily for the last two years it was either, "We just went to Disney!" or "We're going to Disney in a few months!". This year... I have to come up with something...

Great America is awful! and dirty..
We will go a couple of times this year i want my $$ worth from the season passes we bought. im sure i will come back with some stupid stories from here.

Yay for the Poly!! It is at the top of my bucket list of places I want to stay at. When we were stuck waiting in line for the ferry for over an hour the kids had a blast watching Aladdin on the beach. It is just a magical resort!! I just love staying close to Epcot, so that is what is winning for us.

One day we will go back to the poly.. but not until we have tried several other resorts!!

Woops I missed an update... let me read that one now. Be right back!

waiting.... :rolleyes1

Okay, now I am back and up-to-date on the changes!

YAY!

Planning with other families is hard and frustrating, even when it is something much smaller than Disney... like a trip to the Wisconsin Dells for spring break. That even makes me want to pull my hair out, I can't imagine planning a Disney trip with them... I ended up booking alone for spring break because it was too much stress.

Oh i have learned my lesson.. It's going to be:
This is what we are doing and the dates we are going. here is the number to call if you want to come with.
DONE.

I love your resort choices!

Thanks! it's HARD to pick one!!!

Boardwalk is my choice... I know the clown is creepy... but think of the benefits of the location. Walking (or taking a boat) to Epcot or DHS... priceless!!

the clown is nightmarish. seriously WHO makes this stuff? Wes Craven?!?

Bummer that you aren't going back this year but at least you have something to plan!

Na I'm ok with it. I have to get the house back to normal especially if i want to sell it in a couple of years!!

You know you will change your mind on the resort at least 100 times between now and then, right? ::yes:::rotfl:

Yes i will...

As you know I've never stayed at a deluxe because I'm never in the room and can't justify the cost. But if I had to pick (I've at least visited all of your options except Saratoga Springs) it would definitely be AK Lodge. I love the feel of the whole resort and how can you beat waking up to animals! And you wouldn't have to go far for breakfast at Boma. Remember they have the same juice there as Tusker House!

we are totally spoiling ourselves!! I have to say i am 50-50 on Boardwalk/Ak!!! either one will be fine with me!
yet IF we do AK i might want a car?!?! YES yummy JUICE! Yet Boardwalk is Club Level. they have Mickey domes... and Illuminations! i can watch it every night! especially since we have YET to see it! HA HA

1. these friends no longer want to go. I believe maria didn't want a vacation that you had to do stuff with.. Second they went to Florida in December without telling me.. they didn't go to Disney.. And i haven't spoken to them in forever.. Did i mention her daughter in part of my volleyball team? and Maria is friends with the one mother i had to confront?!? Oh well..

Yikes! Were you all close friends before the volleyball season or was it more "We're friends because our kids are friends" kind of thing? And going to Florida without going to Disney...

giphy (7).gif

2. We are NOT going to Disney this year... NOPE not happening. This is the year of the house. we need to fix so many things including painting. Not even going to talk about the front porch! Let's not even talk about finding someone for my animals!!!

Awww :( Bummer. I completely understand though. That's why we're only planning trips every 2 years.

Do we want Club Level at the boardwalk? Or a 1 bedroom Animal Kingdom?!?! Pretty much the same price.

Ooooohhh...that's a hard decision. Like Ariana, I've never stayed Deluxe either. They both sound great but I think I would lean more towards Boardwalk. I like that it's close to the park and the dining options there look fantastic. I may have missed it but why did Beach Club get vetoed?

we are totally spoiling ourselves!! I have to say i am 50-50 on Boardwalk/Ak!!! either one will be fine with me!
yet IF we do AK i might want a car?!?! YES yummy JUICE! Yet Boardwalk is Club Level. they have Mickey domes... and Illuminations! i can watch it every night! especially since we have YET to see it! HA HA
The Epcot resorts are great. You can't beat being able to walk to two parks. You will only have to take buses to AK and MK. Not only can you see the higher fireworks from Illuminations but you can also see the fireworks from Hollywood Studio. :)

And all the restaurants are right there. If you don't like the clown face then just sit where you can't see it. ;)

I'm with others...I would choose Boardwalk Club Level. But, do you have a washer/dryer in the Boardwalk one and does it sleep 5? (I don't know much about the resort). I just LOVE the idea of being so close to TWO parks...think how quick you could get to those parks if you are running late?

My two cents there...;)

Can't wait to read the other changes...but darn...I have to go back to the beginning to read about the change in cast?

BOARDWALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you may remember, we did the Poly many times in early 2015 (just weekend trips).
And then we stayed at the Boardwalk. It's the best. So magical, so convenient.
So that's my vote.

I can't get on board with AKL. If I'm staying Deluxe, I want a transportation perk (walking, boating, monorail). But we have small kids still, and taking the kids on the bus with our double stroller is for the birds. lol.

Oh and we were bumped to CL at the Boardwalk over Labor Day weekend last year.
The staff was so awesome and sweet with my kids.
We ate breakfast there every morning. And enjoyed a night cap and watching fireworks from the CL balcony. :love:

Caught up from the NEW beginning :) I love that you're planning on spoiling yourselves by staying Deluxe for this trip!! We're spoiling ourselves in December by ....well, we're staying at Pop Century, BUT we are staying for 11 days, so that counts, right? :yay:

I haven't stayed at any Deluxe resorts, but I sure do love the look of the Boardwalk (minus terrifying clown). It just looks like SO. MUCH. FUN. AK looks like it would be too serene and calm for my family! :squirrel:

I need to find better friends to drink with! None of my drinking ever leads me back to Disney!!

Eeeep!!! Deluxe... :woohoo:

After spending time at BW when I was there in Jan - it's one of my bucket list must-dos... Some day. The clown doesn't bother me at all... I love that the pool slide is a wooden roller coaster - that's really awesome! I think you guys would like it there. You'd love AKL too... This is one decision I cannot make for you. Our trip to AKL was amazing (except for the full buses) and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, if I could afford it.

Sorry that your friendship isn't as great as it was before... We all know that Disney can be a stressful place on top of that. Hopefully you are able to make amends.

Say hello you those amazing midgets and pass out hugs!!! :lovestruc

D~

Woohoo! Glad to hear there's a trip in the works! :yay:

isn't there always?!?! LOL

Yikes! Were you all close friends before the volleyball season or was it more "We're friends because our kids are friends" kind of thing? And going to Florida without going to Disney...

Not that close. Yes we were friends because of the kids all in the same sports and school. we became a little closer when we all started talking about Disney.. It's not a big deal to me!! LOL.

Awww :( Bummer. I completely understand though. That's why we're only planning trips every 2 years.

That's what we will start doing as well!

Ooooohhh...that's a hard decision. Like Ariana, I've never stayed Deluxe either. They both sound great but I think I would lean more towards Boardwalk. I like that it's close to the park and the dining options there look fantastic. I may have missed it but why did Beach Club get vetoed?

It is a hard decision! Beach club is more expensive then the others!
Tom still wants Boardwalk!!! I told him i didn't care both were perfect!

The Epcot resorts are great. You can't beat being able to walk to two parks. You will only have to take buses to AK and MK. Not only can you see the higher fireworks from Illuminations but you can also see the fireworks from Hollywood Studio.

I agree! it's a stone throw to both parks.. I didn't think about the Fireworks from HS.. I have never stayed CL either!

And all the restaurants are right there. If you don't like the clown face then just sit where you can't see it. ;)

Doesn't matter i will KNOW he is there watching me.

I'm with others...I would choose Boardwalk Club Level. But, do you have a washer/dryer in the Boardwalk one and does it sleep 5? (I don't know much about the resort). I just LOVE the idea of being so close to TWO parks...think how quick you could get to those parks if you are running late?

No CL doesn't have the washer/dryer in the room. Yes it does sleep 5!! and both parks serve alcohol!
Us run late?!?!? BAAAAAAA HA HA HA you pegged us! your right!

My two cents there...;)

I needed it!

Can't wait to read the other changes...but darn...I have to go back to the beginning to read about the change in cast?

na na na na

BOARDWALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the majority!

As you may remember, we did the Poly many times in early 2015 (just weekend trips).

nd then we stayed at the Boardwalk. It's the best. So magical, so convenient.
So that's my vote.

Well then.... Tell me more about the resort please? Like what is the QS there?!?! i mean that place is HUGE with tons of restaurants!

I can't get on board with AKL. If I'm staying Deluxe, I want a transportation perk (walking, boating, monorail). But we have small kids still, and taking the kids on the bus with our double stroller is for the birds. lol.

I agree If we were to stay at AK i would want a car with me. this way i don't have to worry about Disney transportation!
Yet the idea of all the animals? A friend of mine who is a DVC said one morning they woke up with a giraffe looking into their window! That's neat!!

Oh and we were bumped to CL at the Boardwalk over Labor Day weekend last year.
The staff was so awesome and sweet with my kids.
We ate breakfast there every morning. And enjoyed a night cap and watching fireworks from the CL balcony.

NOW you must tell me ALL things CL i have NEVER stayed CL! night cap? like alcohol??

Caught up from the NEW beginning :) I love that you're planning on spoiling yourselves by staying Deluxe for this trip!! We're spoiling ourselves in December by ....well, we're staying at Pop Century, BUT we are staying for 11 days, so that counts, right?

Yes we have new beginnings! yay!
We are i am TIRED of AoA's guests... i want somewhere people 'guests' are a little more polite..
longer stay is totally spoiling yourselves!!! LOVE THAT!

I haven't stayed at any Deluxe resorts, but I sure do love the look of the Boardwalk (minus terrifying clown). It just looks like SO. MUCH. FUN. AK looks like it would be too serene and calm for my family! :squirrel:

Bad clown NOT looking forward to it.
It does look like a lot of fun and something totally up our alley!! your right AK might be a little quiet for us?

I need to find better friends to drink with! None of my drinking ever leads me back to Disney!!

HA HA HA! Drinking ALWAYS leads us back some way or other!

Eeeep!!! Deluxe...

Yep! going back to deluxe!

After spending time at BW when I was there in Jan - it's one of my bucket list must-dos...

it does seem like a lot of fun. So upbeat and something for our family! Plus CL! OHHHHHHHHHH

The clown doesn't bother me at all... I love that the pool slide is a wooden roller coaster - that's really awesome!

200 ft of rollercoaster with a vomit out of a clown... WHY A CLOWN?!?!

I think you guys would like it there. You'd love AKL too... This is one decision I cannot make for you.

I do think Boardwalk would be great fit for us..

Our trip to AKL was amazing (except for the full buses) and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, if I could afford it.

AK i would have a car. it just so far from everything. Driving around would be so much faster!

Sorry that your friendship isn't as great as it was before... We all know that Disney can be a stressful place on top of that. Hopefully you are able to make amends.

Friendship.. I will talk more about how i feel about friendship in a sec.

Say hello you those amazing midgets and pass out hugs!!!

Will do!

Friendship

So a couple of you asked my level of friendship to some of these people.
My levels of friendship are pretty easy. TRUE FRIEND: Like i call some of my male friends 'BROTHERS' and some females who are my 'SISTERS' They aren't my blood. But we have grown up together. (Literally since birth..) There must have been something in the water in the 70's as all our parent's got pregnant together. So we all grew up in each others homes. My age there is about 5-6 of us then there are our siblings we are a family without the blood. Honestly our bond is stronger then the blood! There isn't anything on this planet we wouldn't do for each other NOTHING! We are Loyal and true. Of course there are the people you meet and become your TRUE friends in life too! I wouldn't trade them for ANYTHING!! O'HANA!

"you know who your real friends are when you need them the most and they're always there for you No matter what!"

Then i have my Sports Friends. these are the parents my kids play sports with their kids and i only see then during that sport!

I have my other friends. People who have come into my life and i find to have a great connection with! we have great times together we laugh drink act goofy -- But noticed with these friends they don't have that "do anything for you" mentality. They are great people for sure! Its the old saying When things get tough you know who your true friends are...

I hope i am explaining myself correctly which i don't sound like an ***... Needless to say i hold my real True friends very close to my heart!

I hope you all have a great St. Paddy's day! I am about to leave work and cook for my army of irishmen!

st-patricks-day-quotes-1.jpg

It is a hard decision! Beach club is more expensive then the others!
Tom still wants Boardwalk!!! I told him i didn't care both were perfect!

Ahhh....well that's a good reason not to choose Beach Club then lol.

Not that close. Yes we were friends because of the kids all in the same sports and school. we became a little closer when we all started talking about Disney.. It's not a big deal to me!! LOL.

That's good to hear! And you hit the nail on the head with the friendship details. That's about how I rank mine as well.

That's what we will start doing as well!

:yay: Although this also means that we will probably miss you every single year lol.

Hi there, Mo!

We've only done two nights at the Boardwalk, and we never even made it to the pool. :rolleyes1 But we really liked the resort. Our room overlooked the waterway between the Boardwalk and the Studios. It was fun to watch the boats go by.

We're DVC and own at AKL, but we don't stay there very often. Still trying out all of the other fun choices.

Emma will be 10 this year and we're going to do a birthday trip at the beginning of December. We're hoping to stay at the Beach Club, but have to wait until the beginning of May to try.

As always, looking forward to following along on your next adventure!

You definitely don't sound like an a**! :) You explained friendship just perfectly--you definitely know when things get rocky who your true friends are. Y'know, when everyone else has scattered and are nowhere to be found!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to your clan!! Is your pub crawl this weekend!? Have fun!! :) :drinking:Don't forget to hydrate! ;)

Ok, so add me to the list of people that didn't know about this ptr...

I had my hopes up that we were going to be at Disney the same time this year, only to have them dashed to smithereens. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for 2 nights and then moving over to the Beach Club for the rest of the stay.

I think if you want to stay at a Deluxe, you really should look into renting dvc points. It will be significantly less than paying the rack rate. The Boardwalk is a great resort - very convenient to both Epercot and Hollywood and the atmosphere on the Boardwalk is great. The pool is okay, too. AKL is awesome too, but different than the atmosphere at the BW. Charlie and I did a special safari only available to guests at AKL and it was wonderful. Very pricey, but lots of fun. Whichever resort you choose, you will have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter