Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Oh I see their response now. Um, not at all what it should have been but, quite honestly, that doesn't surprise me. No one takes accountability for anything any more.

No it isn't it's just sad...
Your so right. Always blame someone else... Sad state we are in.
:wave2:popcorn:::surfweb:
Just stopping in....
Trying to get caught up everywhere with my little UnPaid afternoon off....

I can not believe that is all you got from Great America. Wow. Just wow.

I remember joking with you guys when we went about the "cleanest park" signs.....yeah, no.

Howdy!
I hope you had a good afternoon off! Great America isn't so GREAT. neither is their corporate.

Yes i thought of you when i saw them.. Then noticed them EVERYWHERE... irony?

Poor Meg. We won't go to theme parks other than Disney and maybe universal because of our last experience at. Busch Gardens in Tampa. It was unpleasant.

Nice reply buddy. I understand they have to back their employees, but come on, you can do better.

I, psyched to see your thoughts on a Disney with your family friends!!

What happen in Busch Gardens?

People don't care anymore---- but their paychecks. It's a sad state.

I am interested in how this is going to go...

That's too bad about your six flags trip........so are you even gonna bother to use your season pass again? We always get passes to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. It's only about 3 hours away and my best friend used to live near there. It's fun but definitely not disney! Oooooooh, to live in Florida.......:love:

WOW! That is probably the worst reply I have ever heard... I think you need to report Dale. Seriously. Grrrr....

D~

That's too bad about your six flags trip........so are you even gonna bother to use your season pass again? We always get passes to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. It's only about 3 hours away and my best friend used to live near there. It's fun but definitely not disney! Oooooooh, to live in Florida.......:love:

yes i have to go back. Meg wants to go on the rides she missed. So unfortunately i have to go back. Going to wait until cooler months.

I don't think i can live in Florida.. it's just way toooooo hot.

WOW! That is probably the worst reply I have ever heard... I think you need to report Dale. Seriously. Grrrr....

D~

Just terrible!!! cannot believe the nonsense.

Thanks everyone for sticking around. This report won't get put into drive until after my November trip!!!

Little things will pop up as news comes in on all the fun stuff which will be open in Sept 2016!!!

What a joke of a response. It just reads "P.R., Politically Correct, Yada Yada, Sorry, Public Relations". Auto-generated customer "service". They should have at least refunded the raft cost. Glad you're giving it another try though- hopefully you guys can have a better experience just your crew, sans cast, etc. Hopping back over to November PTR!

What a joke of a response. It just reads "P.R., Politically Correct, Yada Yada, Sorry, Public Relations". Auto-generated customer "service". They should have at least refunded the raft cost. Glad you're giving it another try though- hopefully you guys can have a better experience just your crew, sans cast, etc. Hopping back over to November PTR!

It is a joke!!!
Yes, this time i know what i am getting into, when we go. Don't expect ANYTHING!

Welcome, foolish mortals, to Mo's pre-trip report. I am your host, your... Mo host.
How did I not know this was happening over here?!?! :eek:

Yes, I currently have 2 pre-trip reports going at one time!!!
tumblr_m6cygdytWp1qeg3czo1_500.gif
As of today, you and me both, girl. :sad2: I couldn't hold out any longer...

OMG, it's midget Mo!

I hope you have this photo framed somewhere. It's pretty much perfect!

TENTATIVELY we are looking at: Sept 10-19th!
Dangit! JUST missing each other by a month AGAIN!!! :sad:

Boardwalk. Scary SCARY clown pool..
Eff that pool, dude. The Boardwalk is beautiful, but I will NEVER stay there because of that pool. :scared:

End result... My pick for the resort.

I would LOVE your feed back.
Polynesian. Duh.

Now you know a little secret about me.... When I drink with friends who show interest in Disney... we end up going TO DISNEY!
So when we going drinkin'? :D

If your tired we stop! if you don't want to go on a ride don't! if your hungry we eat! simple! right?
These are my rules at Disney as a solo and with other adults, too! :thumbsup2

Like the picture? no? Probably because Maria tried to take the picture and didn't know how to use my phone so nope no picture... :rotfl2:
You kill me, Mo. :rotfl:

I love Disney. this would NEVER happen in Disney.
Sigh. Everything is better in Disney. I don't even bother with Six Flags, etc anymore.

Yes i wrote a letter to Six Flags
GREAT letter, good for you! What you encountered really was just absolutely unacceptable! >:(

Last edited:
How did I not know this was happening over here?!?!

Got me? i said it a couple of times???

OMG, it's midget Mo!

IT IS!!! dat's me!

I hope you have this photo framed somewhere. It's pretty much perfect!

I do!!! Along with this one:

Dangit! JUST missing each other by a month AGAIN!!!

HA! always go in Sept!!!!

I will NEVER stay there because of that pool.

Nope me neither!!! just because of that damn pool! Which is sad since i really do want to stay there!

Polynesian. Duh.

Yep.. But having second thoughts again.

So when we going drinkin'?

HA HA HA HA HA HA H AHA.. I would 4 times a year if this were the case.

These are my rules at Disney as a solo and with other adults, too!

Yes!!! best rules ever!

You kill me, Mo

:P
i'm funny....

Sigh. Everything is better in Disney. I don't even bother with Six Flags, etc anymore.

I was shocked.

GREAT letter, good for you! What you encountered really was just absolutely unacceptable!

Thank you! It was.. Thankfully it's OVER!

Got me? i said it a couple of times???
I know, but I didn't see a link anywhere so I thought you were joking! (Of course, NOW I notice it in your signature...) :rolleyes:

HA! always go in Sept!!!!
No way, dude. Not me. Nuh uh. Not after the Typhoon of 2014. I am officially DONE with Disney in September! :sad2:

Nope me neither!!! just because of that damn pool! Which is sad since i really do want to stay there!
Me too! Just the other night I was questioning myself, wondering if I could suck it up and deal with it. The answer came back a resounding NOPE NOPE NOPE. :scared:

Yep.. But having second thoughts again.
About the Poly?! Whaaaaat?! :eek:

I know, but I didn't see a link anywhere so I thought you were joking! (Of course, NOW I notice it in your signature...)

Silly Silly girl...

No way, dude. Not me. Nuh uh. Not after the Typhoon of 2014. I am officially DONE with Disney in September!

I was there for that.. Yet I love Disney in Sept. Rain cannot ruin it for us. we will go back in Sept.
I do want to do May one year..

Me too! Just the other night I was questioning myself, wondering if I could suck it up and deal with it. The answer came back a resounding NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I KNOW!!! crazy how one little thing can ruin the resort! LOL!

About the Poly?! Whaaaaat?!

Yep.

A few things for this trip believe it or not.

1. I don't know if i want to do the Poly this year... I KNOW I KNOW! ONLY because AK is looking so good...

So my question i give to you. 2017 I think i would like to do a longer stay. So do i want to do the Poly or AK for that trip? I blame ALL of this on Kathy (Katmark)
So here we go.
Do we do this for the 2016 trip?
animal-kingdom-villas-jambo-00-full.jpg

One%20Bedroom.JPG

or

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/1-bed-prince.jpg

http://**************.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/living-room-panorama.jpg

I doubt we would do the princess suite at the Poly. just a regular room.

I will leave this up to our compadres!

Second
VLEETH had the BEST IDEA!
on her 101 day they watched 101 Dalmatian and did a really cute dinner etc! WHY didn't i do this on the november trip?
Oh well we will do this on the 2016 trip!!!

I have until next month to book..

My suggestion is that if you have a longer trip with more resort rest days, then stay at AKL for that trip. The resort is so beautiful and there is a ton to do there. Kitchen tours of Jiko (free!), animal watching, great pool area...just a nice resort to hang out at. That being said, it can feel like a long bus ride back to AKL from MK at the end of the day since it is the furthest away. DH and I were park commandos when we stayed at AKL one trip, and I really regretted that we did not have more time to explore the resort. Just my thoughts. :)

As I know you drive (or assume you will again), getting to the parks from AKL should not be an issue for you. As you know, we LOVE AKL and it is in our top three (actually our top three are really all a tie for first place). We've not stayed at the Poly since 2000 when Andy graduated high school. I'm not a fan of the monorail and avoid at all costs. So the Poly would not gain points on that for me....especially with the shortened schedule it is in operation at times. I prefer the pool area at the AKL over the Poly and the AKL has the animals. Don't get me wrong...I loved the Poly and would stay there again IF someone offered to pay for it for me. I just can't see paying those prices.

VLEETH had the BEST IDEA!
on her 101 day they watched 101 Dalmatian and did a really cute dinner etc! WHY didn't i do this on the november trip?
Oh well we will do this on the 2016 trip!!!

Thanks, but it wasn't my idea! Disers have probably been doing this for years.

There are so many movies I want to watch before December that we having a themed movie night almost every weekend. I think we will do A Bug's Life next.

We did a 101 Dalmatian day for our last trip. There were some cute ideas on Pinterest (of course)!

I really need to figure out how to find stuff on pinterest!

My suggestion is that if you have a longer trip with more resort rest days, then stay at AKL for that trip. The resort is so beautiful and there is a ton to do there. Kitchen tours of Jiko (free!), animal watching, great pool area...just a nice resort to hang out at. That being said, it can feel like a long bus ride back to AKL from MK at the end of the day since it is the furthest away. DH and I were park commandos when we stayed at AKL one trip, and I really regretted that we did not have more time to explore the resort. Just my thoughts. :)

Your right on every aspect!

As I know you drive (or assume you will again), getting to the parks from AKL should not be an issue for you. As you know, we LOVE AKL and it is in our top three (actually our top three are really all a tie for first place). We've not stayed at the Poly since 2000 when Andy graduated high school. I'm not a fan of the monorail and avoid at all costs. So the Poly would not gain points on that for me....especially with the shortened schedule it is in operation at times. I prefer the pool area at the AKL over the Poly and the AKL has the animals. Don't get me wrong...I loved the Poly and would stay there again IF someone offered to pay for it for me. I just can't see paying those prices.

I don't think we will drive for the next trip.. so the bus we go!

We did a 101 Dalmatian day for our last trip. There were some cute ideas on Pinterest (of course)!

LOVE THE IDEA!!! Just love it! pintrest is a suck hole.

Thanks, but it wasn't my idea! Disers have probably been doing this for years.

There are so many movies I want to watch before December that we having a themed movie night almost every weekend. I think we will do A Bug's Life next.

Still i read it off your report and fell in love with the idea!
Oh Bugs life! can't wait to hear about that!

I really need to figure out how to find stuff on pinterest!

seriously be careful it's a trap. you will get sucked in and never find your way out...

RESORTS
alright i am not going to lie Animal Kingdom Lodge has been on my bucket list for quite some time now. When reading Katmark's report once i fell in love. so naturally i am going to blame her for this.
When Tom and i were talking about it yesterday he said for a first time trip staying on the monorail is the way to go. To wake up and see the castle every morning is magical in it's own.
So we are back to the Poly.
FINE WITH ME!

The next trip after this 2016 trip we will be staying AKL (2017?) a little longer of a trip too, so we can enjoy the resort and still have park time..

i need to call and get some prices.

Told my compadres we need a night to talk about it all. Honestly Maria doesn't seem all that interested?!

HA HA HA...I knew you'd end up back at the Poly. I'm just warning you to be prepared for sticker shock, my dear. When you do the Animal Kingdom, you really should look into renting points and staying in the DVC villas. You'll find it much cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter