Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Hey Mo! Okay I am all caught up!
giphy.gif

Just kidding!!

tumblr_nf1svvGkco1s0my1wo1_250.gif

I am still going to be a little sad since you were originally supposed to be going at the same time as me!! But, it's okay. I love all your plans so far! I am super jealous of CL at the Poly! I want to stay there SO BAD! Someday!! Those views are just amazing! I also love that you are going to work in US/IOA! Your ride loving kids are going to LOVE it!! I am sure you will be able to surprise them this time too! You can do it super mom!!

Before replies!!!:goofy:

I looked it up yesterday too!!! Same link.. Here is where the confusion happened...

I left early again yesterday. So the last couple of hours i didn't want to start anything new and i had already completed everything else.. So what does one do?
Research Disney!!

The same Link Ariana (Pluto0809) posted i was reading and scared myself.
If you read the link: DISNEY DINING PLAN

Under TS is O'Hana Dinner NOT the breakfast. WHAAAAAAA???

Well IF you keep reading there is ANOTHER section stating The character dining!
Duh.

giphy.gif

Remember way back when i brought this up before? Even mentioned how it was false! But i freaked Myself out a tad bit

Ok replies!

I don't blame you for driving with the difference in cost. Since I'm usually by myself, flying makes more sense for me. And driving stresses me out to no end! I'm one of those weird ones that loves the buses and doesn't mind waiting for them.

If i was two people i would fly. But 5 is really expensive! I don't mind them either.. I actually like talking with Disney freaks like myself!!

Oh man, we did the Deluxe plan once. SO. MUCH. FREAKING. FOOD!!!! Way too much in my opinion. Unless you are going to do some 2 credit meals, I would rethink that. We spent more time at meals than anything else and probably missed out on rides because of that. Despite all of the walking, I actually gained weight that week! And we had like 20 snack credits left at the end of the week. Granted it was fun picking stuff to bring home, but I don't think I ate everything before it went stale.

This is a problem! That's too much food!!! by the end of the trip i am SURE we will have TONS of left over credits! Thankfully i read it all wrong... YAY! NO. I am not gaining weight on this next trip.. I just can't and your right it will take away too much park time. ONE TS a day is enough.
I will pay OOP for a dinner show.

Makes sense to drive since you are going to universal.

I thought so too. It would be easier correct?

I haven't been following the dining plan changes, i thought the 2 ts for character meals was a mistake. We haven't done the Dining plan since the girls becaume disney adults.

I thought so too and either here or in my TR i mentioned how it was a mistake. Then i didn't read the whole thing yesterday and freaked me out.

Girls 2nd trip ( they were under 3) we did the regular dining plan. That time it was great since it included appetizers and the tips. When we went with my MIL we did the deluxe since we like to have a sit down breakfast and dinner. Plus Dh loves appetizers. Other trips, we did a split stay and did deluze on part of the trip.

I think it will be too much for us. we only like ONE TS a day otherwise most of our time would be spent in the restaurants.. That not for my family.. But it would be if it was Just Tom and I! Which would BE AWESOME!

Cost is the very reason we drive to Walt Disney World each year. Our airport is tiny and to fly from here is expensive. If I have to drive for hours to the nearest airport, pay for the gas to get there and pay to park, we might as well drive. I think that you've made a good decision given your plans.

Your so right.. It's the convenience of POOF your there instead of 18 hours later.. the drive home is so much worse! LOL! I gave in this time.. But our next trip we are FLYING i don't care how we do it but I want instant Disney!

Hey Mo!! I'm back on the DIS and I even started a PTR!!! Can you believe it???

I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!!
200_s.gif

I'm going back to catch up on your now!!! YAY!

Good Luck you'll need it!

WHAT?!?! I thought that was a rumor, or a glitch or something... No way dude! Now I know how I will be spending my afternoon; stressing this change and what it means for my dining options!

It is. I didn't read it all the way through.

I think with Deluxe you can basically eat anywhere you want. But you still pay the same rate for each "meal" I also think Deluxe is an app, entree and dessert, but I'm not sure how that's been effected since the changes in 2017. And yes, a QS is the same as CRT for dinner. I've read that the deluxe is for those who eat big and expensive meals.

It is. Im a goof. :goofy:

WHAT?!?! Do your kids know how lucky they are?!?

Thankfully YES! They are spoiled.. and I spoil them as much as i can, they will only be this young once. BUT
This is a HUGE BUT
If they took any of it for granted i wouldn't do any of this!! :thumbsup2
After this i have to wait for grandkids.. I am way to young for all that!!! LOL

Please see the above... :sad2::rolleyes1:sad:

Got cha!

I know that game. I hate driving, but flights are stupid expensive! Even if you get a "cheap" flight you pay for everything along the way; a bag, your seat, the peanuts! It's a little ridiculous.

I agree!!! this way i have my own stuff and we can stop if we want to!!

::yes:: He's right. The bus is awful. :crowded:

I don't mind them! you can really meet some INTERESTING people on the Bus.. Yet there are some real jerks on there too. it's a crap shoot.

SUCH a huge thing. You have more control of your day with the car. Don't get me wrong it's great to not drive your entire vacation, but realistically the car can be a nice luxury.

This is another PLUS! There are days the kids and i will force tom to take the bus.
Going to MK and Epcot we have the MONORAIL!! WAY more fun then a bus!!!

Yes. I hope the 2 credit thing isn't true. I'm gonna be mad if it is... :faint:

It isn't see above.. I am a screw ball

Just a rumor!! Here's a link to the Regular Dining Plan for 2017. All Character meals except for CRT are 1 credit. Oh and don't panic if you don't see a restaurant on there. They will continue to add more as they negotiate with the different restaurants.

Yes yes yes.. I need you in my life forever.. You keep me on track..

I haven't even seen the movie yet and I'm obsessed with the otters. This past weekend, I went & bought a set of stuffed ones that hug, kiss, & talk to each other when put them nose to nose.

Most. Adorable. Thing. Ever!!!

you must go see it i will not say anything more on the Movie!

Whooooohooooooooo!!!!! And double yay for the Poly. I'm so jealous.

Thank you!! I am over the moon excited to go!

Love the Jay & Silent Bob reference. (There really is no safe-for-DIS graphic for them).

HA HA HA HA! glad you understood the reference! WAY FUNNY!

Mmmmmm....shaved ice. My favorite summertime treat. Sounds soo good.

It does.. Can't wait!!

I haven't even completed this years trip and I'm fixated on next years trip......

:rotfl2:Isn't it always like that?

I booked the Star Wars dessert party for my birthday! I'm excited.

Great minds!!!! I AM SO HAPPY and now you can tell me all about it! When are we getting together for sewing classes?

The only character meal that is 2 credits is CRT according to the 2017 dining plan. Deluxe dining includes 3 TS meals a day/person and 2 snack credits. QS meals would use one TS credit. If you are doing Club level, do you really need 3 TS meals a day? :confused3

Yep Yep! I am a doofus..
HECK NO we do NOT need all that food!

We planned to drive for our trip, but the airfare was cheaper - this time - so we gained 2 days at Disney! party:

NO WAY!
tumblr_lto6lv69Gp1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

This is extra exciting!!!

I think it makes more sense for you to drive, especially if you plan to go to Universal - otherwise you'd probably have to rent a car - added expense.....:scared1:

That's what i thought would happen... NO MORE EXTRA COSTS!! I cannot deal with more at the point! HA HA

Only thing on this list that is 2 credits for 2017 is the dinner show. Ohana , Tusker house , and CP are all 1 credit breakfast still. Keep in mind with the quick service meal now you don't get dessert any more but now you get 2 snacks a day instead.

I know I know..

Have you looked at Frontier airlines out of Chicago? They run their den deals and just comparing right now... For September 2016 you can get round trip ticks for 5 people for $340 and I think their den deals requires a membership which is $150 a year. Then it is $25 to $35 for each bag each way. So in theory... 5 suitcases $125 x2 =$250+$340 for round trip tickets +150 membership =$740 round trip with 5 bags.

IF it's that cheap i will do that!!!

OK OK let me clear stuff up here!!!

Missed one!!!
Hey Mo! Okay I am all caught up!

I doubt that...

I am still going to be a little sad since you were originally supposed to be going at the same time as me!! But, it's okay. I love all your plans so far! I am super jealous of CL at the Poly! I want to stay there SO BAD! Someday!! Those views are just amazing! I also love that you are going to work in US/IOA! Your ride loving kids are going to LOVE it!! I am sure you will be able to surprise them this time too! You can do it super mom!!

Thank you!! I am really excited for everything!!
They will have a clue that the trip is coming up. At least i knwo they will ACT surprised.. HA HA HA

We drank! So guess what that MEANS?!?!?

Need Introductions!

OK OK Need to clear something up first...

YES i am a dork.

latest

I didn't read the dining plan all the way through! BAD ME.

tumblr_n4vwxqYRw41rmarhyo5_250.gif

So i am BACK ON TRACK! I am sticking with the regular dining plan.. We will be fine. and next time i should read something completely through BEFORE putting it out on the internet!!

My head is screwed back on correctly! I PROMISE!

And now lets talk about the whole name of this report--Drinking and Disney

We went to our Friends 'house' (it's a mansion!) on Saturday.. Ya know the ones who at the LAST party we went to and talked Disney?

Holy Guacamole! Their Home! Beautiful is an understatement! jaw dropping! just amazing I am so very happy for them! BEAUTIFUL!

the kids all got along famously like they never skipped a beat.

We were able to talk a little since the kids were off doing what kids do in a GIANORMOUS home. running like wild animals.

They said they are DEFINITELY IN! They doubt they can stay as long as we are. Indiana truancy is over the top! If any of you have ANY insight on this please let me know?!?

Tom is REALLY excited to have them come along.. adn i have a feeling this is going to be over the top with shenanigans! It's going to be ugly.. BUT FUNNY! I can't wait to tell you all about them!

Backstory on this.. I am sure you'll get a kick out of it.

EONS ago.. When the dinosaurs still walked the planet I think i was 21 at the time!?! I don't even remember.
We were at a party a TOGA party!
Tom was there with his band mates. we were all talking and having a blast. Well somehow Tom's bass player and i started 'dating'. His name? Bryan.
We dated for about 2 to 3 weeks. I typed 'Dating' because it wasn't really dating. More like friends who really got along so well.. As time went on the dating portion of this was going backwards? I think we knew we were more friends and really didn't SEE each other as romantic.
Being foolish 20 somethings Instead of talking it our Bryan took the advice of the other band mate Mark and just stopped all communication with me.
Severed the relationship.
I was devastated! I had no idea why he stopped taking my calls- Never called back from his cell phone (or was it a beeper at that time?!?) who knows. Lots of time passed and lo and behold we were all at a halloween party. Tom and his band showed up.
Tom came right up to me gave me a hug and i let him have it for bringing HIM. So i stuck with Tom we had a great time. I may have started dancing on the bar?!?! I wouldn't put that past me.
But Byran asked to talk.
Whatever. I let him have it. --Long rant to a short one-- was how he broke my heart since i had thought we were close friends and not the 'boyfriend-girlfriend" thing -we were NOT romantic at all. More like a love of a brother and sister.
well he felt like an utter FOOL and agreed had he just said something, had communicated how he FELT none of my wanting to throat punch him would have been necessary. So that's how it ended. We became friends all over again and i introduced him to a few of my female friends! LOL..
As the days went on Tom would call a lot. He would stop by with flyer to his band - finally i caved we started going to the shows. things progressed I started dating Tom. Bryan started dating Mark's sister. WHO by the way i went to grammar school with her other brother. So i knew the whole family.
See how twisted this is?!?
2000 I married Tom---Bryan was the best man.
2001 Bryan and Amy were married --- Tom was the best man and i was in the wedding party... They have three kids 2 girls and a boy!

We lost contact for a few years. They were busy with their kids and Indiana.. We were busy in Chicago with our kids and craziness.. Until the graduation party it was like we never missed a beat! except we missed each other so much!

Now that we have that over with I can tell you they are willing to do whatever! They went to Disney a couple of years ago for about 4 days in July. Didn't get to do anything they wanted as they went with Amy's Brother and his wife.

They are looking forward to an easier vacation with downtime. They are excited for the Polynesian and Club Level!

Now i just need to send them all the information i have and get them BOOKED!

If any of you have some insight on the truancy thing can you please advise?!?!

THANK YOU!

We used to drive to Disney until the kids were in high school and I had a full time job. It was just too expensive for a family of five to fly. But we had a lot of fun on those road trips. :)

It sounds like your Poly trip just got better with your friends joining in. :)

Wow, is all this for real?! It took me 4 days to read all this, and I have to say I'm impressed! I almost fell outta my chair when I read you had booked 400 days out! I've apparently got a thing or 2 to learn about planning. I have gotten lots of good ideas, and I'm going to start planning a little better. Thanks for the entertaining read!

Wow! What an awesome story about your friends and how you met Tom! Hopefully they actually do go with you guys.

I love the trip down memory lane! Such a sweet story! I'm glad you were able to pick back up where you left off with these friends! I really hope they make the trip with you because from everything you've said, I'm sure it would be cause for shenanigans!

I would drive too. If we were still in WI we would always drive. From Utah, I would still prefer it but it doesn't make as much sense. :(
But yeah, saves a LOT of money.

We used to drive to Disney until the kids were in high school and I had a full time job. It was just too expensive for a family of five to fly. But we had a lot of fun on those road trips. :)

It is crazy expensive! I can't understand it!!! I will be checking IF they are in a better price range we MIGHT still fly.. Tom is dead set on driving... But does he really get a choice?

It sounds like your Poly trip just got better with your friends joining in. :)

It did! we will have a LOT of fun with them!!! I cannot wait!

Wow, is all this for real?! It took me 4 days to read all this, and I have to say I'm impressed! I almost fell outta my chair when I read you had booked 400 days out! I've apparently got a thing or 2 to learn about planning. I have gotten lots of good ideas, and I'm going to start planning a little better. Thanks for the entertaining read!

Yes! I am as real as you can get! LOL HA HA HA HA-- Yes actually i book OVER 400 days! ha ha ha! When i read 2017 dates were out i jumped on it!
Anything you need just ask I am more then willing to help as i am sure half the people here will help too!
Thank you! It just gets better!

Wow! What an awesome story about your friends and how you met Tom! Hopefully they actually do go with you guys.

Thank you! it is a bit twisted - it is who we all are! HA HA! So far so good with them booking i do have an update on them.

I love the trip down memory lane! Such a sweet story! I'm glad you were able to pick back up where you left off with these friends! I really hope they make the trip with you because from everything you've said, I'm sure it would be cause for shenanigans!

Thank you! Like i said it is a bit twisted. There are just some friends you don't see or talk to for years yet when you see each other you just pick up where you left off. we never had an argument or there was never any animosity towards each other. It was life got in the way!
Oh there will be a lot of shenanigans!! I can promise this!

I would drive too. If we were still in WI we would always drive. From Utah, I would still prefer it but it doesn't make as much sense. :(
But yeah, saves a LOT of money.

HOLY COW driving from Utah? how long would that take you???
Flying is crazy expensive!!!

Super cool that your friends want to come too!! :yay:

I am very excited. Especially for Tom he will have his great friend this time around!!! It's going to be an amazing trip!!

Happy Thursday Morning!

See that?!?! i KNOW what day it is!!! :yay:

I emailed Bryan and Amy telling them of our thoughts and plans thus far. his response is pretty funny so i think i should add it here:

"Well Happy Wednesday,

I believe the privacy policy documentation from my credit card was a shorter read than this email. Just kidding, good stuff. Im down with all of it. We were thinking of leaving earlier than that Monday, take advantage of the weekend, flying out Saturday morning. Flights only fluctuate on price a bit so leaving on a weekend wouldn’t be a problem. So Sept 2nd through the 9th maybe 10th. Kinda wanted that Sunday for the kids to knock a weeks worth of home work out. As you can tell our biggest hang up is school, they are like Nazi’s out here with the schooling, can’t complain about it though.

So yeah Halloween Party, Im down. Split the Photopass, Im down. Dinner Show, Im down. You putting the itinerary together, Definitely down. You will have to re train me on how the whole fast pass thing/ wristbands now stuff works.

Still waiting for Amy to ask her parents if they are coming. Other than that can’t see why we couldn’t get this underway soon."

Oh yeah I guess Amy was talking with her parents who mentioned they wanted to go... I don't care they are really nice people. IF they go i have no problem letting them do their own thing! Ain't slowing me down!

I need to reply to his email. As i might be changing my dates now. go earlier. The ONLY reason i had set the 4-13 was the possibility of flying. Which flights are cheaper this way.
Well since we are :car: It really doesn't mean a thing which day we go. days earlier is ALL GOOD WITH ME!

Thankfully we have 410 days still.. Plenty of time to change our minds 90000 times..
I still NEED to see Tess too... Would love to book something with her! Including the sewing teachings!!!

Time to go and RE DO our dates!!!

cleardot.gif

Ok. My head is spinning, but it sounds like you will be having a great trip! We drive to Disneyland. I can't seem to spend the money to fly when I can drive down there in only 16 hours! Ha ha. It is more that with my prius, it will cost $100 bucks in gas, there and back. Plus the 2 nights in a hotel. Much cheaper than flying.

I hate when I get my days confused. I hate it more when I have to be the bearer of bad news to a co-worker. On Tuesday, one of my co-workers was so happy that the week was halfway over, being Wednesday and all. I had to tell her it was only Tuesday...morning. She deflated like a balloon.

Hooray for Shenanigans!!! We just went to a wedding last weekend with our college friends. Since graduating 12 years ago, we are all living all over the country and don't really see each other unless someone's getting married. But as soon as we get back together it's like we haven't spent a minute apart. We're almost all parents now, so it's pretty funny how our conversations have changed, but I just love reconnecting. I'm so excited for you to have gotten back together and HOPEFULLY finally got a family whose commitment to the trip sounds REAL!!

Ok. My head is spinning, but it sounds like you will be having a great trip! We drive to Disneyland. I can't seem to spend the money to fly when I can drive down there in only 16 hours! Ha ha. It is more that with my prius, it will cost $100 bucks in gas, there and back. Plus the 2 nights in a hotel. Much cheaper than flying.

It's one of my reports and you didn't think your head would spin? HA HA HA HA HA
I have to agree! that's extra money for the parks and STUFF!!! I just need new tires on my car and we are good to go!

I hate when I get my days confused. I hate it more when I have to be the bearer of bad news to a co-worker. On Tuesday, one of my co-workers was so happy that the week was halfway over, being Wednesday and all. I had to tell her it was only Tuesday...morning. She deflated like a balloon.

It's the WORST! YOUR POOR CO-WORKER! Worst feeling ever!
thankfully i was OK this week except yesterday.. I'll get to that in a minute.

Hooray for Shenanigans!!!

It's going to be so much fun!

We just went to a wedding last weekend with our college friends. Since graduating 12 years ago, we are all living all over the country and don't really see each other unless someone's getting married. But as soon as we get back together it's like we haven't spent a minute apart. We're almost all parents now, so it's pretty funny how our conversations have changed, but I just love reconnecting. I'm so excited for you to have gotten back together and HOPEFULLY finally got a family whose commitment to the trip sounds REAL!!

I saw the pictures on Facebook! Looked like you guys had to much FUN! we have several friends like that who have moved yet when you see each other it's like nothing!

Yes except we are all OLD NOW!!

Were you able to book the new dates? He sounds like a hoot. He needs to make sure "Mom and Dad" are okay with them not slowing him down, lol.

I am so wanting to go back...

Plans and planners and planning.

Yesterday..
I called Disney and spoke with a wonderful CM who helped me price out Amy and Bryan's trip with me. I had all my information and emailed Bryan again with all the details.. About an hour later I received a text from Bryan:
"give me a hola at your convenience to chew the fat over this Disney thing"

After making fun out of "hola" I called him. We hashed out a few details.
1. They want to go Sept. 2-9th.
2. They want 4 days of park ticket NO hopper.
3. They want whatever room we have.. They want connecting rooms.
4. ALL over the halloween party.
5. They are Flying

Responses to the above:
1- they will get there one day before us and enjoy the resort no parks this day for them. I totally get that as we are staying CL! ENJOY IT! I will work something with them for a TS at a resort..

2- Yeah your going to need more then 4 days my friend...

3- This surprised me.. Whenever Tom and i talk abotu going to Disney with friends i always bring up a suite split the cost. He is ALWAYS dead against it. Said when he is done with the parks he doesn't want to hang around anyone else.. Until Bryan comes along.. I am really happy Tom gets a friend to play with on this trip! LOL

4- When we were first talking about this trip He said he wanted to go back to Disney but he really wanted to do either Halloween or Christmas.. Halloween is one of his FAVORITE holidays too so this worked out for all of us!

5- Dead against driving. He may throw out his children along the way.. Amy too.. Tom and i may have to pick them up off the side of the road.. I don't have enough room! LOL.. I can suggest If he wanted Tom and Bryan take one car and Amy and I in the other. Split the boys and girls since we are even now. 3 girls and 3 boys.

I have to call Disney again today to get different prices for him send the information to him. The both of us feel the exact same. We both want the bottom line of what this is going to cost start making payments I WANT THIS PAID FOR AND as SOON as possible!

-----------------------------------

They have been to Disney once before. When paper FP were still around-- in JULY! All Bryan and his brother in law did was RUN for all the FP's they ran from ride to ride and ADR to ADR. they wanted to ride a few rides over again but couldn't since they had to run to the next one. Almost got into a fight with a foreigner for parade space. not really able to ENJOY it. Yet everything they did do they LOVED! Stayed at POR. Of course once they were home they were exhausted! can't blame them!
This will be a totally different experience for them and i am excited to show them Disney at a much slower pace! They are going to flip for the Halloween party!!!

--------------------------------------

Had to get off the phone since - had to work job #2 until close! Needed to get ready.
It was hot out.. and i mean i think i melted as soon as i walked out. hair? nope. Makeup? Running down my face.

giphy.gif

I was a mess...

Walking out after work we noticed the lightening.

WOWZA was there a storm going on! Full on Lightening thunder HEAVY rains!! From the door to my car i was a wet rat.

tumblr_m7beukxdib1qlt9tyo1_500.gif

Took me over an hour to get home with the weather. boo.

Buuuuuuuuuut---

pooh_bear_friday-.gif

So happy Friday to you all!!! Today my job is DEAD here thankfully as i am dead tired from last night.
I am caught up with what i need just waiting on answers from different departments which will more then likely take until next week.. in other words today is DISNEY PLANNING DAY!

I hope you all have a great weekend! Dog training tonight- Tomorrow might work Job #2 and plan on sitting in my pool all weekend if i can.
Maybe invite Bryan and Amy over? I really need to get my budget together! Kinda hard when I don't have concrete plans anymore! LOL!

Have a magical weekend!

popping-in-to-wish-you-a-magical-weekend-micky-and-minny-mouse.gif

2. They want 4 days of park ticket NO hopper.
Do they realize that it only costs about $16 per person to go from 4 day tickets to 6 day tickets - just sayin' ;) And you need park hoppers when staying at monorail and Epcot resorts because it is so easy to just "hop" into the closest park for fireworks or general mayhem. ;)

3. They want whatever room we have.. They want connecting rooms.
Can you imagine how much fun it will be to have both families in club level? That would be perfect. :)

4. ALL over the halloween party.

It will be interesting to watch you plan this trip. ;)

WOWZA was there a storm going on! Full on Lightening thunder HEAVY rains!! From the door to my car i was a wet rat.
There was a ton of lightening last night. DH and I went outside to check our roof repair work and it was really coming down.

They're totally going to want more park days!!! Do you guys use park hoppers? We always do, but I know lots of people feel like it's a waste of money. I really love being able to pop in here and then hop over there and take a break and then go somewhere else.

I hope you can get all the kinks worked out and start to pay!! Paying is the worst, but it's also the best because IT'S REAL!!!!!! Happy Week
end :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter