Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Make a payment to Disney! :yay:

Sorry life is crazy right now!!
Summer time with my 3 crazies running around the house is slowly killing me!! lol. :yay::yay::yay:

Well I WOULD have given Disney a payment!

I love summer at my house now ya know why? KIDS AND CHORES! I come him to a CLEAN HOUSE!!!
it's awesome.

And just reading back and see you picked Poly!!!
Poly and Boardwalk are my 2 favorites.
I'm so excited for you! The Poly is so awesome, and cozy and smells great! pixiedust:

We did!!! I cannot wait to go back! It still is a tough decision to pick one or the other..
YES the smell!!! I cannot wait to go back!

That sounds like something I would do. One day i got my girls to soccer practice 5 minutes. No one was there. The coach had sent a reminder email about practice which was rare for a monday practice. Decided to check it, realized practice wasn't at the normal field but at a camp 10 minutes away.
I would be lost with out the calendar on my phone.

YES! you totally understand! I finally told the kids to put stuff in their calendars too. Just make sure we are ALL on the same page!

Sorry to laugh but your story was just funny!

Yep That's why i had to tell everyone. I.. AM... A... MORON!!! who need an assistant!

I've never played Pokemon but I'm seriously tempted to download the game just to see what the heck it's all about since everyone is talking about it. Apparently the shelter I volunteer at is a gym whatever the heck that means. :confused3

so much of it ALL over facebook i had to know what it was about. SO i made the boys download it... watching them is a damn riot!

I did download Disney Emoji Blitz today and have started playing it. Guess I know what my evening is going to consist of (there really needs to be a "playing on your phone" smiley).

Ugh oh.. I might go ahead and download it today!

And speaking of payments, I need to start making some on my Nov/Dec trip! :banana: I love that you can pay online now and don't have to call every time you want to make a payment.

Umm that would be nice?!?!
LOL I still LIKE to call them.. just part of the magic! Love being put on hold Love talking with the CM's plus i feel like i am helping them keep their jobs?!?! I don't know...

YAY payments to Disney!!

BOOOOOOOO for weeks that just can't get their butts in gear!!!!

That would be TODAY hopefully.. I need to go and start paying the OTHER bills i have TODAY.. ya know the day that was supposed to be yesterday?!?!

View attachment 181735

That sounds like me everyday! I never seem to know what day it is and it is never the day I want it to be.

HA HA HA HA
NO! It's not Ya know why? Today is the day i am NOT in Disney!

Ugh oh.. I might go ahead and download it today!

It's definitely addicting! Just be careful, it totally sucked my phone battery dry in about 30 minutes!

LOL I still LIKE to call them.. just part of the magic! Love being put on hold Love talking with the CM's plus i feel like i am helping them keep their jobs?!?! I don't know...

I'm the exact opposite. The introvert in me is not fond of talking to strangers on the phone even if they are Disney CMs. I'm perfectly fine in person just not on the phone. I'm one of those that hates calling for takeout too. :confused3

I'm perfectly fine in person just not on the phone. I'm one of those that hates calling for takeout too. :confused3
Same here. We stopped ordering from he best pizza place because they didn't have online ordering for a whole. Then decided since they are so ,u h better I would just suck it up and call.

Same here. We stopped ordering from he best pizza place because they didn't have online ordering for a whole. Then decided since they are so ,u h better I would just suck it up and call.

Luckily my husband doesn't mind calling and ordering. He's learned over the years not to even bother asking me, he just does it himself.

Girl, I wasn't laughing at all about your thinking it was Friday but it was Thursday OR you showing up over an hour early. I've had such a chaotic life since getting back from vacation. I can't tell my butt from a hole in the ground.:rolleyes:

So much has happened!!

I'm psyched you guys are staying at Poly again! Booking makes it feel so real.

How are you liking the changes to the DDP?

Any new ideas for the day of the kids' birthday? I saw you said maybe another in room? That'd be so cute, like y'all had come full circle!

Luckily my husband doesn't mind calling and ordering. He's learned over the years not to even bother asking me, he just does it himself.

Not my husband. He discovered the chinese food place that has amazing wonton soup has online ordering last night. He was very happy.

It's definitely addicting! Just be careful, it totally sucked my phone battery dry in about 30 minutes!

ugh oh.. And i am always playing either juice jam or Cookie jam.. it's my go to when i am bored. This might take over for a while.. I did download it this morning. Just haven't had the chance to play!

I'm the exact opposite. The introvert in me is not fond of talking to strangers on the phone even if they are Disney CMs. I'm perfectly fine in person just not on the phone. I'm one of those that hates calling for takeout too.

Which is surprising to me since we have met and your very outgoing and loads of FUN!!

Girl, I wasn't laughing at all about your thinking it was Friday but it was Thursday OR you showing up over an hour early. I've had such a chaotic life since getting back from vacation. I can't tell my butt from a hole in the ground.:rolleyes:

im sure you weren't. I am so glad last week is OVER! never felt so LOST!
I totally can understand chaotic! BUT i will say your pictures of the house warming was adorable!!

So much has happened!!

And much more to come..
Then again loads is happening with you too!!! I am so happy for you and your upcoming trips!!

I'm psyched you guys are staying at Poly again! Booking makes it feel so real.

Thank you!!! I am SO EXCITED TO BE BACK!!
YES as you KNOW booking is the real deal!!! YAY!

How are you liking the changes to the DDP?

I think i will be better with them. WE hardly eat the dessert with the QS but we cannot get enough Mickey bars walking around the parks. So this will be awesome for us! :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar

BUT! all character dining is 2 credits now?!?! That's Bull. I am very confused in how the Deluxe plan works? I see you have 3 meals? How does that work with QS? Is it considered a meal?

Any new ideas for the day of the kids' birthday? I saw you said maybe another in room? That'd be so cute, like y'all had come full circle!

Yes i am looking into the IN-room celebration!! along with Star wars dessert party!
still up in the air!

Not my husband. He discovered the chinese food place that has amazing wonton soup has online ordering last night. He was very happy.

HA HA HA! you two have a lot in common!!! :goodvibes

Get ready for a full 360?

having computer problems...

Maybe. I have been throwing around a lot of what if's.. I mean i actually woke myself up on Sunday night stressing about this trip.. Who has Disney anxiety?!?!

One of them is flying.

I don't WANT to.. But it looks like we are going to be driving once again....

hqdefault.jpg

tribilin-3.jpg

Why?

1. Cost. It will coast us about $500.00-$600.00 to drive this is including stopping for food. Flying will be about $2,000.00-- Well i can add that extra 600.00 to Universal Studios.

2. Tom- He despises the bus. Can't stand the people and over crowding on the bus.

3. We can get to the parks quicker with the car. Now the family as shown me we cannot get out of the resort on time for ANYTHING this will be something we need.

4. WE can stop at stores for stuff we need once we are in Florida.

5. Florida Welcome center- nuff said.

6. Leaving parks.- We don't have to wait in those crazy LONG lines. packed like sardines with smelly sweaty people. --- Tom's words.

7. Wheelchair races in the parking lot.

8. Universal Studios. we can just drive there then home when we are ready. no worring about how to get to US after Disney then getting to the airport on time.

9. Discussed it with Tom and i caved. FINE we drive. so we have a more expensive trip this time.. NEXT TIME WE FLY! done deal.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dining Plan Changes..

so I MIGHT upgrade to the Deluxe plan. MIGHT..

As it goes i am looking at:

Ohana - Breakfast 2 credits
Ohana - Dinner
BOG - Dinner
50's Prime time - Dinner
Tusker House - Breakfast 2 credits
Crystal Palace PPo Breakfast 2 credits

Might do a Show? which is another 2 credits...

That's a lot of credits so far!!!

OH what to do what to do!

I am having WAY too many computer problems to keep going right now. I need this computer to be re-imaged.. I can't work like this.. TALK SOON!!

I don't blame you for driving with the difference in cost. Since I'm usually by myself, flying makes more sense for me. And driving stresses me out to no end! I'm one of those weird ones that loves the buses and doesn't mind waiting for them.

Oh man, we did the Deluxe plan once. SO. MUCH. FREAKING. FOOD!!!! Way too much in my opinion. Unless you are going to do some 2 credit meals, I would rethink that. We spent more time at meals than anything else and probably missed out on rides because of that. Despite all of the walking, I actually gained weight that week! And we had like 20 snack credits left at the end of the week. Granted it was fun picking stuff to bring home, but I don't think I ate everything before it went stale.

Last edited:
Makes sense to drive since you are going to universal.
I haven't been following the dining plan changes, i thought the 2 ts for character meals was a mistake. We haven't done the Dining plan since the girls becaume disney adults.
Girls 2nd trip ( they were under 3) we did the regular dining plan. That time it was great since it included appetizers and the tips. When we went with my MIL we did the deluxe since we like to have a sit down breakfast and dinner. Plus Dh loves appetizers. Other trips, we did a split stay and did deluze on part of the trip.

Cost is the very reason we drive to Walt Disney World each year. Our airport is tiny and to fly from here is expensive. If I have to drive for hours to the nearest airport, pay for the gas to get there and pay to park, we might as well drive. I think that you've made a good decision given your plans.

Hey Mo!! I'm back on the DIS and I even started a PTR!!! Can you believe it???
HhXxn4.gif

I'm going back to catch up on your now!!! YAY!

excited-baby.gif

BUT! all character dining is 2 credits now?!?! That's Bull.

WHAT?!?! I thought that was a rumor, or a glitch or something... No way dude! Now I know how I will be spending my afternoon; stressing this change and what it means for my dining options!

I am very confused in how the Deluxe plan works? I see you have 3 meals? How does that work with QS? Is it considered a meal?

I think with Deluxe you can basically eat anywhere you want. But you still pay the same rate for each "meal" I also think Deluxe is an app, entree and dessert, but I'm not sure how that's been effected since the changes in 2017. And yes, a QS is the same as CRT for dinner. I've read that the deluxe is for those who eat big and expensive meals.

Yes i am looking into the IN-room celebration!! along with Star wars dessert party!

WHAT?!?! Do your kids know how lucky they are?!?

Who has Disney anxiety?!?!

Please see the above... :sad2::rolleyes1:sad:

I know that game. I hate driving, but flights are stupid expensive! Even if you get a "cheap" flight you pay for everything along the way; a bag, your seat, the peanuts! It's a little ridiculous.

Tom- He despises the bus. Can't stand the people and over crowding on the bus.

::yes:: He's right. The bus is awful. :crowded:

8. Universal Studios. we can just drive there then home when we are ready. no worring about how to get to US after Disney then getting to the airport on time.

SUCH a huge thing. You have more control of your day with the car. Don't get me wrong it's great to not drive your entire vacation, but realistically the car can be a nice luxury.

Ohana - Dinner
BOG - Dinner
50's Prime time - Dinner

Yes. I hope the 2 credit thing isn't true. I'm gonna be mad if it is... :faint:

WHAT?!?! I thought that was a rumor, or a glitch or something... No way dude! Now I know how I will be spending my afternoon; stressing this change and what it means for my dining options!

Just a rumor!! Here's a link to the Regular Dining Plan for 2017. All Character meals except for CRT are 1 credit. Oh and don't panic if you don't see a restaurant on there. They will continue to add more as they negotiate with the different restaurants.

Regular Dining Plan 2017

Do NOT get me started on the otters!

I haven't even seen the movie yet and I'm obsessed with the otters. This past weekend, I went & bought a set of stuffed ones that hug, kiss, & talk to each other when put them nose to nose.

Most. Adorable. Thing. Ever!!!

Yes that's right all my happy followers of the Dis I BOOKED OUR TRIP TODAY!!!!

Whooooohooooooooo!!!!! And double yay for the Poly. I'm so jealous.

First let me say i am having a crap day. I am lucky the dis doesn't allow for swearing because this would turn right into a Jay and Silent bob movie.
But with all the crap (including a fender bender) A friend of mine text me asking if i would be willing to take a position on the Little League board.
I think i peed laughing so hard... Umm No. i will never.. NEVER do that again.. EVER.

Love the Jay & Silent Bob reference. (There really is no safe-for-DIS graphic for them).

In addition to the ever-popular Dole Whip, guests can now get a shaved ice dessert.

Mmmmmm....shaved ice. My favorite summertime treat. Sounds soo good.

I booked the Star Wars dessert party for my birthday! I'm excited. The only character meal that is 2 credits is CRT according to the 2017 dining plan. Deluxe dining includes 3 TS meals a day/person and 2 snack credits. QS meals would use one TS credit. If you are doing Club level, do you really need 3 TS meals a day? :confused3

We planned to drive for our trip, but the airfare was cheaper - this time - so we gained 2 days at Disney! party:

I think it makes more sense for you to drive, especially if you plan to go to Universal - otherwise you'd probably have to rent a car - added expense.....:scared1:

Ohana - Dinner
BOG - Dinner
50's Prime time - Dinner

Might do a Show? which is another 2 credits...

That's a lot of credits so far!!!

Only thing on this list that is 2 credits for 2017 is the dinner show. Ohana , Tusker house , and CP are all 1 credit breakfast still. Keep in mind with the quick service meal now you don't get dessert any more but now you get 2 snacks a day instead.

1. Cost. It will coast us about $500.00-$600.00 to drive this is including stopping for food. Flying will be about $2,000.00-- Well i can add that extra 600.00 to Universal Studios.

Have you looked at Frontier airlines out of Chicago? They run their den deals and just comparing right now... For September 2016 you can get round trip ticks for 5 people for $340 and I think their den deals requires a membership which is $150 a year. Then it is $25 to $35 for each bag each way. So in theory... 5 suitcases $125 x2 =$250+$340 for round trip tickets +150 membership =$740 round trip with 5 bags.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter