Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

MORE GOOD NEWS!

shavedice.jpeg

Oh my YUMMY

These new treats are apparently in a testing phase and will not be on the menu for another week or so.

Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is offering a new frozen treat at Pineapple Lanai. In addition to the ever-popular Dole Whip, guests can now get a shaved ice dessert.

Available flavors include strawberry, blue raspberry, pina colada, mango, and passion fruit. Condensed milk is added on top. This new offering is $4, but is not currently on the menu, so guests will have to ask for it.

I booked the Frozen Pre-Show package at California Adventure and they have something similar being served with shaved ice and condensed milk. Although, we will get all you can eat for the price of the ticket to get into the pre-show. Looking forward to trying it.

I SWEAR TO YOU i do not bring it up. ever.
:rolleyes1 Uh-huh. Sure, you don't. ;)

I am NOT holding my breath NOR and i going to stop with MY planning..
::yes:: Good for you.

Since i ONLY have 1 year 3 weeks and 6 days to customize my MB's i went ahead and did that.
PHEW! that was getting close glad i was able to get it done!

if your counting i have 420 days to go until we are THERE! Maybe i should start packing. i MIGHT be ready this trip??
:laughing: The time will FLY!

All caught up - well for the last 2 pages anyways...

Soooo relieved you FINALLY got those MBs ordered - nothing like cutting it close, my friend. ::yes::

Just keep planning - hopefully someone comes along - if not, you're still going, so who cares? Right? LOL

I'd love to teach you how to sew too... Tess and I could tag team? LOL

I still don't have a trip for the one after this... Soooo sad... I'll get back - I know I will, just don't know when? :scratchin

Food ideas look delicious... It's sad when we all love the same things over and over again... Leaves no room for anything new. :scratchin

Love you - miss you tons!!! :lovestruc And the fam too!

D~

I booked the Frozen Pre-Show package at California Adventure and they have something similar being served with shaved ice and condensed milk. Although, we will get all you can eat for the price of the ticket to get into the pre-show. Looking forward to trying it.

YUM!!! I can't to hear all about it!

Uh-huh. Sure, you don't.

Well--- I don't START it.. LOL! Everyone knows Disney is a large part of my life. Conversations normally go as anyone's conversations can go.. BAM! out comes Disney! LOL.. Next thing i know they want to plan a trip.. :rolleyes1

Good for you.

Nope.. Not going to wait for anyone..

The time will FLY!

It really will. as long as i am making my payments all should go as planned.. I need to find out more on U.S.

Nope, not kidding! That didn't give me what I need though?

This is unexpected and very sweet of you. You wanted their names?
Matthew --Matt
Zachary --Zack
Meghan --Meg --Peanut.

All caught up - well for the last 2 pages anyways...

welcome back?!? If it helps my links page is up to date.

Soooo relieved you FINALLY got those MBs ordered - nothing like cutting it close, my friend. ::yes::

I know! really cutting the wire on that one!

Just keep planning - hopefully someone comes along - if not, you're still going, so who cares? Right? LOL

Exactly. We will be going over to Bryan's new house this weekend if they want to book with us i don't care. we have traveled with them before and had a great time!
Everyone is always welcomed!

I'd love to teach you how to sew too... Tess and I could tag team? LOL

I don't mind!

I still don't have a trip for the one after this... Soooo sad... I'll get back - I know I will, just don't know when? :scratchin

I have a hunch you and Suzi will be going together a lot! :thumbsup2

Food ideas look delicious... It's sad when we all love the same things over and over again... Leaves no room for anything new.

I know right! I have every intention to at least try a new place every trip!

Love you - miss you tons!!! :lovestruc And the fam too!

Love you!! Miss you too.

Well maybe D and I could both come to Chicago....

I am very serious when i say i want to do this...

This is unexpected and very sweet of you. You wanted their names?
Matthew --Matt
Zachary --Zack
Meghan --Meg --Peanut.

Yes, thank you and also their favorite color.

Aaaand.... I'm so needy. I need just a bit more help. I know Peanut's fav is Duffy, but what I want to do, I am having trouble finding Duffy "stuff" so, may I ask what her next favorite character is? I haven't given up hope that I can find something Duffy, but I need a back up please.

Also, you started this PTR a year and I know kids can change a lot that age over a year, so...
I have Matt's fav as Stitch and Zachs as Bullseye and Pluto. Is that still accurate?

Yes, thank you and also their favorite color.
Meg- Pink
Matt- Blue
Zack- Orange

That was easy!

Aaaand.... I'm so needy. I need just a bit more help. I know Peanut's fav is Duffy, but what I want to do, I am having trouble finding Duffy "stuff" so, may I ask what her next favorite character is? I haven't given up hope that I can find something Duffy, but I need a back up please.

Lion King?
lady and the tramp?
Do you see the theme? TALKING ANIMALS!

Also, you started this PTR a year and I know kids can change a lot that age over a year, so...
I have Matt's fav as Stitch and Zachs as Bullseye and Pluto. Is that still accurate?

Yep.. Some things never change...

Whatever it is i want to thank you for even considering doing something special for them!!

Drinking. Disney talk. Yea. The only difference is, people don't ask to join us, they think we're insane for wanting to go again. GOOD!! More room for me :)

So, I've read all 21 pages of this today...

Your kids are adorable! They are going to be so excited when you surprise them with this trip!

It's too bad you're not going to Disneyland, I love it there so much! When you do make it there, I'm in the group of people who doesn't see the point of staying in a Disney hotel. It's a farther walk from the Disneyland Hotel to the parks than it is from some of the good neighbour hotels to the parks. Our first trip there, we stayed in a crappy Super 8 that was about a 15 minute walk to the parks. It was so cheap, and let us have that extra money to spend in the parks! Park hoppers are a must there! On our most recent trip to California, we only had one day to do as much as possible and you'd be surprised how much you can cram into one day there. We've done the World of Colour Dining package, we ate at Wine Country Trattoria and it was awesome. The reserved section for WOC viewing was front row centre, so we had such an amazing view - we could feel the heat from the pyro. We ate at Blue Bayou, but I wasn't blown away by it. The restaurant itself is really great, but the food was just ok - which is not what I wanted based on the price we paid! You'll be amazed at how much better certain rides are in DL - POTC is fantastic, I love the ride vehicles way more on Space Mountain and Dinosaur at AK doesn't even come close to being as amazing as Indiana Jones.

Club level at the Poly sounds amazing! It's definitely a hotel on my list for one day!

On the table:
Start wars Dessert party on the kids B-Day
Teppan Edo
The Wave
Chef Mickey's
1900 Park Fair
Akershus
Cindy's Royal Table.

Suggestions??

Our two boys really liked Teppan Edo ... it's a show and awesome food all rolled into one :)

Also Via Napoli is always a fav ... I know it's not Chicago Pizza but it is amazing

The dessert party sounds fantastic

Yep I'm a lurker but I truly enjoy your trip reports .... thanks for being so transparent and real

Oh those pictures.... I need to stay there someday.

it's a bucket list item for sure!!! I hope everyone can stay there at least once!

Drinking. Disney talk. Yea. The only difference is, people don't ask to join us, they think we're insane for wanting to go again. GOOD!! More room for me :)

HA HA HA HA! you need new friends! LOL!!! come to one of our parties!!! we will end up booking something.

So, I've read all 21 pages of this today...

This deserves an award.
elp728-reading-award-pin-apple-with-worm-000.ashx

I hope your not terribly confused?!? LOL..

Your kids are adorable! They are going to be so excited when you surprise them with this trip!

Thank you so much!
I am really excited to surprise them... I just hope i get the video's of the characters to add in welcoming them!

It's too bad you're not going to Disneyland, I love it there so much! When you do make it there, I'm in the group of people who doesn't see the point of staying in a Disney hotel. It's a farther walk from the Disneyland Hotel to the parks than it is from some of the good neighbour hotels to the parks. Our first trip there, we stayed in a crappy Super 8 that was about a 15 minute walk to the parks. It was so cheap, and let us have that extra money to spend in the parks! Park hoppers are a must there! On our most recent trip to California, we only had one day to do as much as possible and you'd be surprised how much you can cram into one day there. We've done the World of Colour Dining package, we ate at Wine Country Trattoria and it was awesome. The reserved section for WOC viewing was front row centre, so we had such an amazing view - we could feel the heat from the pyro. We ate at Blue Bayou, but I wasn't blown away by it. The restaurant itself is really great, but the food was just ok - which is not what I wanted based on the price we paid! You'll be amazed at how much better certain rides are in DL - POTC is fantastic, I love the ride vehicles way more on Space Mountain and Dinosaur at AK doesn't even come close to being as amazing as Indiana Jones.

we will most definitely get to Disneyland one year 2017 isn't that year!
If this is going to be a possible one time trip i would want to stay at Disneyland Hotel! for the headboard alone!! LOL. I am sure i would save a ton staying off site, yet i want the whole experience just like Disney World staying on property!
When we do go i hope you'll help!!!

Club level at the Poly sounds amazing! It's definitely a hotel on my list for one day!

I am so excited to be able to do this!!! Now just to pay it all off! I've been calling everyday trying to get garden view! i don't need lagoon view!

Thanks for reading along! :welcome: to the nut house!

Our two boys really liked Teppan Edo ... it's a show and awesome food all rolled into one :)

i have to agree! we did it last year fell in love. yet i want to try DIFFERENT stuff!!!

Also Via Napoli is always a fav ... I know it's not Chicago Pizza but it is amazing

This is another on my list i want to try.. But at some point i should let Tom pick.. maybe?!?!
doubtful.

The dessert party sounds fantastic

I think so too!!! We have done the Wishes party and LOVED IT. The star wars fireworks are just fantastic (as seen on you tube) just spectacular! Whether we do the dessert party or not i am really excited to see the show!

Yep I'm a lurker but I truly enjoy your trip reports .... thanks for being so transparent and real

Well Thank you SO SO much for joining in!!! :welcome:
that i am.. i am who i am!!! No reason to pretend.. too much to remember if i fake anything and honestly i am not that cleaver!!! HA HA HA! :thumbsup2 ::yes::

Thank you everyone for coming aboard! so glad to have you!
Looking forward to you all helping and planning this INSANE trip with loads of twists and turns and real life stuff in the middle. PLEASE post right along and have some FUN!!!

Today:

61332493.jpg

Seriously. I have been a HOT MESS all week.
a4953f9805ffc6244ec10328a257e847.jpg

Monday i left here early Meg had volleyball camp which I THOUGHT started on TUESDAY. No. Monday.
I leave work early since no one can take her everyone is busy with their own lives.
Which is fine a day out of here is always a good day.
get home sit for a moment with another cup of coffee.. then off we went! the college was way closer than i realized.. SO we sat in the Air-conditioned car since it was in the high 90's. :scared: we headed in and looked around then sat

and sat

and sat some more.
What is going on! :confused3 Where is everyone?? I look at the confirmation email. We are in the right spot.. We are on time.. check the watch check the email check the watch check the email.

whoa.

you idiot.
giphy.gif

Early is an understatement. i was an hour and a half early. My other Megan's mom called and proceeded to laugh uncontrollably.
Totally acceptable. i am a moron today.

Plan is now. She will drive the girls to practice and i will now pick them up. OK! The boys and i run for lunch. Matt needed new cleats for football thankfully Zack can use Matt's from last year. PHEW!
so off we went. During lunch i made the boys download that Pokemon Go thing, I wanted to see what it was about..

I never laughed so hard at the nonsense. Boys were a RIOT with it.
we ended up catching a few- in the car- in Dick's - side of the road. you name it.
get back to the collage pick up Peanut and Meg.. and it is like 500° in there! blah. Kristy (Megan Mom) text me to remind me to pick up the girls
Yeah i was that bad.

we are there at 3 sharp.

It doesn't end until 3:30

COME ON! I SERIOUSLY need a personal assistant...

Finally after sweating 40 pounds just sitting there it was over.. Back in the car air conditioning on BLAST we were on our way home. FINALLY!!

then saw black smoke coming from one of the bridges! LINK ---> SouthSide Fire
Scrap+Yard+Fire1.jpg

it was HUGE! so we went over and watched for a minute then realized its like 98 out WHY are we standing next to more heat? when we can watch it on the news- on the couch- IN AIR-CONDITIONING!
That's what we did...

Tuesday? i didn't do a damn thing. picked up the girls ON TIME at 3:30! Went home showered and CRASHED ON THE COUCH. I did double check my Job #2 schedule. Which i thought i worked on THURSDAY No.... Wednesday I work til CLOSE!!!

Good Grief i really need to get a handle on life here.

Yesterday Tom picked up the girls and i went off to work. Had a great time! Came home LATE!!! Wasn't able to fall asleep until well after midnight.
Let me tell you 4am comes VERY FAST.
made it to work ON TIME! yeah im shocked too!!!
I did all my work that needed attention -- that completed time to get my bills done. Make a payment to Disney..

Noticed Tom nor my deposit is in??? :confused3

What the...

How the...

oh yeah.. It's Thursday.

COME ON!!!!

Make a payment to Disney! :yay:

Sorry life is crazy right now!!
Summer time with my 3 crazies running around the house is slowly killing me!! lol. :yay::yay::yay:

And just reading back and see you picked Poly!!!
Poly and Boardwalk are my 2 favorites.
I'm so excited for you! The Poly is so awesome, and cozy and smells great! pixiedust:

What is going on! :confused3 Where is everyone?? I look at the confirmation email. We are in the right spot.. We are on time.. check the watch check the email check the watch check the email.

whoa.
That sounds like something I would do. One day i got my girls to soccer practice 5 minutes. No one was there. The coach had sent a reminder email about practice which was rare for a monday practice. Decided to check it, realized practice wasn't at the normal field but at a camp 10 minutes away.
I would be lost with out the calendar on my phone.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Sorry to laugh but your story was just funny!

I've never played Pokemon but I'm seriously tempted to download the game just to see what the heck it's all about since everyone is talking about it. Apparently the shelter I volunteer at is a gym whatever the heck that means. :confused3

I did download Disney Emoji Blitz today and have started playing it. Guess I know what my evening is going to consist of (there really needs to be a "playing on your phone" smiley).

And speaking of payments, I need to start making some on my Nov/Dec trip! :banana: I love that you can pay online now and don't have to call every time you want to make a payment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter