Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Oh yeah girl, they have one outside the main entrance and the one in Adventureland, and that's it.

I'm done. and as far as she knows she is done too.

GREAT! I know this sounds stupid, but starting to hate cigarettes helped me SO much! I focused on all the parts of it I didn't like. AND when I wanted to buys a pack I would put that money in a jar. I ended up using it to buy Elora a few gifts for her first Christmas. My mom used the vapor thing, but it didn't stick; she ended up back on ciggies, but try it! Everyone is different.

Photo0258FourBySix.jpg

This photo is everything.

We will ride Star tours about a gazillion times. LOVE IT!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

OMG! I'm dying of laughter!

Dinner will be at

SCI-FI!

YUM! We had such a great meal there last year. I was REALLY impressed with how good the food was. I remembered it being more like QS quality, but it was super yummy and fresh!

Clearly i need to use this!!! I LOVE THE NEW Campaign!

Stop it right now. I gotta watch this stuff alone, and not at my desk...:sad:

Plans for HS day look great! I can't wait to see what all they have working for Star Wars land by the time you guys are there!

Here, stalking.

You made my heart stop for a minute when I saw your post about your Mom. Yes, please quit. We love you. I have never smoked, but I have seen my beautiful niece smoke away, switch to vaping, for a long time now, and still not quitting. Just quit. Somehow. And, I second the suggestion, put your ciggy $ in a jar or somewhere and watch it grow. Talk to your doctor. I have heard how hard it is (my dear boss smoked most of his life, and after quitting for about 5 years he died of lung cancer, he took Chantix which he does not recommend), but you can scream and rant and rave at us all you want, we are here for you.

Love the HS plans; love all things Star Wars. I need a cupcake.

See, you cannot get rid of me. Cheers to coffee and almost Thursday.

So sorry to hear your Mom got so sick!! I hope the good that comes out of it will be a smoke-free start for both of you. My Dad smoked for most of my life and would keep trying to quit because WE wanted him to. He didn't quit successfully until he did it because HE wanted to. LOTS AND LOTS of luck to you, my friend!!!

Also:

Tom and i are really talking about an adult trip.

January 2018! Jim and I will be going then so I can run some of the Disney races.
This sounds great!! :) I'm inviting myself to join you, and I have always wanted to do a real runDisney event--maybe that will be the time I finally take school days off and do what "Miss Jackie" wants for a change!!!

We will ride Star tours about a gazillion times.

:sad: I wish I could do this ride once! But I like to keep my meals in my stomach so it's a no go for me.

See all the new stuff going on check out the star wars launch bay!

You will love Launch Bay. Don't forget to items to trade with the Jawas. They don't always trade but it's good to have stuff. I've heard they especially like shiny things and things that light up.

I MUST HAVE MY CUPCAKE!

Drooling so hard right now!

Then all of our favorites!

You will never get a better PP picture than that TOT one! Best ride ever!

The Just OK movie ride

Rumors are flying right now that this might be going down for an extensive rehab/rework. Of course there have been rumors like that for years and I doubt they will do anything till after the new lands are open.

Another drool. I love the Sci-Fi Candy bar for dessert. (Not the best picture since the lighting is so low in there)

More then likely get the Star Wars dessert party this night!

Just do it!! :darth:

Hijacking!

This sounds great!! :) I'm inviting myself to join you, and I have always wanted to do a real runDisney event--maybe that will be the time I finally take school days off and do what "Miss Jackie" wants for a change!!!

Yes, please do! I would love more company on the run although you will probably be a ton faster than me. As of right now I plan on running the 5K and 10K. This running thing is very, very new to me. In August, as a birthday present to myself, I bought myself a pair of good running shoes. I "run" my first 5K a week from tomorrow. I put "run" in quotes because as of right now I can only run about 1/3 of the time, the rest is walking. But I will get there. The race next week is called the Monster Glow Dash and since my new shoes are teal and purple, I'm dressing as Sully from Monster's Inc. I plan on doing a whole post about this on my TR complete with pictures of my costume.

The medical incident with your mom sounds like it was very scary. It must have been very hard to see her like that. I hope she is feeling better now.

I have no advice about quitting smoking. My son is a smoker and he tried to quit using Chantrix but he had to stop using it. He is prone to depression and the Chantrix made it worse. My Dad quit smoking when he was in his forties, so years of smoking, and he just stopped. He ended up drinking more coffee than before, though. ;) But extra caffeine is worth it if it helps someone to stop smoking. :) Good luck with it.

I love your collection of DHS pictures. The picture of the kids' faces in the Star Wars poster is really cute. ::yes:: We have been Star Wars fans since the first movies came out. :) The dessert party looks like a lot of fun and it has real food and drinks, not just dessert. :)

Hey girl! Excited to see some of your plans coming along!

I've never been a smoker but I bugged the heck out of my dad who was a smoker as a kid. He finally quit when I was in high school. It was hard, but he did it without any aides. He put the money he saved in an account and bought himself some fun toys. Maybe plan or book something cool with your saved money at Disney??

Side note, we have never been to Sci Fi, but I'm thinking of trying to get a last minute dinner there in a few weeks.
Do they have car tables that fit a family of 5? My youngest is finally out of a high chair, but I'd want him close to me to keep him from running away or something, lol!

Life update.

Hello all. Just wanted to do a quick life update. My Mom was hospitalized this past Sunday for labored breathing.
Monday- said if her breathing doesn't come down a little they would put her in ICU. She was unable to go from the bed to the bathroom without being totally out of breath, including talking on the phone was a challenge.

Yesterday- i went to see her and she looked great! She was able to have a conversation without too much trouble i gave her all her goodies. New PJ's slippers coloring books and a mad lib book. Yep
The doc (who i cannot stand and he knows it) came and said how she is doing much better and she might have rhinovirus--- what---- how she could come home the next day (today)
Mom Love you you look great I have to get the hell out of here.
Went home and showers scrubbed myself of all the germs threw my clothes in a plastic bag and washed them in hot water. Lysol-ed the house.
NO.

With this was an eye opener.
Smoking needs to stop.. I am currently looking into those vapor things i am turned off of smoking now. I just need something to replace the inhaling and something to do with my hands. I need something ASAP i can't do this anymore.

I'm done. and as far as she knows she is done too.

all my friends out there have opinions and thoughts in how to quit..

BRING IT ON PLEASE!

Oh my goodness! I hope your Mum is feeling better by now. What a frightening thing to happen.

I've never smoked, but I know my friends who did and quit found it helped to have Text Buddies...whenever they were feeling the need to do something with their hands they had a list of friends who volunteered to serve as a distraction (if you use WhatsApp or another free messenger service I volunteer! We're 6hrs ahead here, so I can cover early hours when other people might not be awake!). Also keeping small fiddle toys (over here they're Tangle Toys, I don't know what they call them there. Sensory Fidget Toys is another term) in their pockets helped in situations where they weren't allowed phones. If only because they made a few of my friends very ill, I would avoid the vapes if it were me.

You can do it! You can and WILL quit! :cheer2:GO MO!! :cheer2:

Mock Day 4
Hollywood Studios!

This is also a favorite of our traveling companions!
Sadly the last time they went they were only allowed to do star tours once! Their guide was a stickler on time and stuff Had to be here then there.. NO TIME FOR THAT. geesh another reason to make this trip relaxing yet get a lot of the FUN in!

We don't do that.
We will ride Star tours about a gazillion times. LOVE IT!

See all the new stuff going on check out the star wars launch bay!

No time...for Star Tours?! What was wrong with their last guide?! Star Tours is one of my favourites (plus I love the squirrel playground in the outside queuing area!).

Have early lunch at Starring rolls. I MUST HAVE MY CUPCAKE! and turkey sandwich.

My mouth is already watering..

I must admit, we've never been to Starring Rolls. I did love those turkey sandwiches when they were available at Main St Bakery though. Might have to add this to the bucket list for next time!

Then all of our favorites!

The Just OK movie ride
"The Just OK movie ride"... :rotfl2::rotfl2:Great RnR coaster shot! I love their faces!

Dinner will be at

SCI-FI!

One of the few restaurants they asked for.

Never been here either. We really must branch out from Pizza Planet next trip! Though I love The Muppets and Rizzo is one of my favourites (along with Bean Bunny...How is he the star of MuppetVision 3D yet there's STILL no merch for him?! C'mon, Disney!) so obviously I need at least one trip to PizzaRizzo.

Enjoy it all! Im sure they are going to want to do the Frozen sing along again.. We will happily attend whether matt wants to or not:

More then likely get the Star Wars dessert party this night! Mmmmmm More sugary goodness!
Find some bubbles

Call it a NIGHT!

The Star Wars Dessert party looks so good, I hope they keep it running for a while. We did a couple of different dessert parties on our last trip and loved them. Our tip: Break up the sugar rush with the occasional cheese cube. The saltiness makes it easier to eat even more dessert!!

Oh yeah girl, they have one outside the main entrance and the one in Adventureland, and that's it.

Yikes.. Then i must quit.

GREAT! I know this sounds stupid, but starting to hate cigarettes helped me SO much! I focused on all the parts of it I didn't like. AND when I wanted to buys a pack I would put that money in a jar. I ended up using it to buy Elora a few gifts for her first Christmas. My mom used the vapor thing, but it didn't stick; she ended up back on ciggies, but try it! Everyone is different.

I really don't like smoke anymore. BUT i do need something for the jitters.

This photo is everything.

HA! I do love that picture!

We get one done every year! We missed November. Only becuase the line was crazy long.

OMG! I'm dying of laughter!

I adore ride pictures!

YUM! We had such a great meal there last year. I was REALLY impressed with how good the food was. I remembered it being more like QS quality, but it was super yummy and fresh!

I agree it is more of QS quality burgers and things. The atmosphere is really fun and we LOVE and the shakes.. Mmmmmm Oh don't forget the onion rings.

Stop it right now. I gotta watch this stuff alone, and not at my desk.

HA! I have my own office so i can cry like a baby and no one will ever be the wiser! LOL Now i keep my door closed to keep my heat IN!

Plans for HS day look great! I can't wait to see what all they have working for Star Wars land by the time you guys are there!

I doubt anything. If i am reading everything correctly they are breaking ground more on ToyStoryland than star wars. Look how long it is taking for Avatarland! good grief they have been working on that for YEARS without a definite opening!

Here, stalking.

Good. Need you here

You made my heart stop for a minute when I saw your post about your Mom. Yes, please quit. We love you. I have never smoked, but I have seen my beautiful niece smoke away, switch to vaping, for a long time now, and still not quitting. Just quit. Somehow. And, I second the suggestion, put your ciggy $ in a jar or somewhere and watch it grow. Talk to your doctor. I have heard how hard it is (my dear boss smoked most of his life, and after quitting for about 5 years he died of lung cancer, he took Chantix which he does not recommend), but you can scream and rant and rave at us all you want, we are here for you.

I might just do that.. I need something for the jitters but i don't want to smoke anymore..

Love the HS plans; love all things Star Wars. I need a cupcake.

Star wars was always a fun memory with my Dad. Now i have it with the kids and Tom!
I need about 4 cupcakes.

See, you cannot get rid of me. Cheers to coffee and almost Thursday.

Good I don't want to get rid of you! LOL
Stupid Tuesdays.

So sorry to hear your Mom got so sick!! I hope the good that comes out of it will be a smoke-free start for both of you. My Dad smoked for most of my life and would keep trying to quit because WE wanted him to. He didn't quit successfully until he did it because HE wanted to. LOTS AND LOTS of luck to you, my friend!!!

I really don't like the smoke. I need something for the jitters to get me through!

You guys have fun with that run while i sit on the sidelines cheering you on with a beer.
I'm not running anywhere unless it's for a Mickey bar..:mickeybar

I wish I could do this ride once! But I like to keep my meals in my stomach so it's a no go for me.

Im so sorry you can't... And not to rub it in.. But it's a lot of Fun!

You will love Launch Bay. Don't forget to items to trade with the Jawas. They don't always trade but it's good to have stuff. I've heard they especially like shiny things and things that light up.

Oh No i will have lots of fun things to trade with them!!! Good to know about the light up stuff i didn't know that.. a dollar store day will happen for sure!

Drooling so hard right now!

Right? oh what i would do for one now!

You will never get a better PP picture than that TOT one! Best ride ever!

Nope. It was the BEST ride we ever had! tough to beat!

Rumors are flying right now that this might be going down for an extensive rehab/rework. Of course there have been rumors like that for years and I doubt they will do anything till after the new lands are open.

It needs it terribly. I do not like the voice over. Let the CM's do their job. They are way more fun and personable!

Another drool. I love the Sci-Fi Candy bar for dessert. (Not the best picture since the lighting is so low in there)

Never had it?!

Just do it!!

I need too.

Hijacking!

Go for it!

The medical incident with your mom sounds like it was very scary. It must have been very hard to see her like that. I hope she is feeling better now.

Thank you and she is i will post about it in a minute. :hug:

I have no advice about quitting smoking. My son is a smoker and he tried to quit using Chantrix but he had to stop using it. He is prone to depression and the Chantrix made it worse. My Dad quit smoking when he was in his forties, so years of smoking, and he just stopped. He ended up drinking more coffee than before, though. ;) But extra caffeine is worth it if it helps someone to stop smoking. :) Good luck with it.

Oh your poor son! Coffee is the elixer of life.
i used it once before and did nothing for me I just need something for the jitters I can go hours without smoking. when i am at job #2 i cannot leave to smoke if it's just 2 of us. which will be over 5 hours and i am fine.
But once im out? not so good.

I love your collection of DHS pictures. The picture of the kids' faces in the Star Wars poster is really cute. ::yes:: We have been Star Wars fans since the first movies came out. :) The dessert party looks like a lot of fun and it has real food and drinks, not just dessert. :)

Thanks! The start wars one we try to get every time we go. They are a riot!
Same here my best memories was with my Mom and Dad watching star wars.. They actually went to go see it before me to make sure it was kid friendly! HA HA HA
Ariana does recommend it, I know Billie just did it too while she is there, everything i read seems it has a LOT more than the wishes party!?!

Hey girl! Excited to see some of your plans coming along!

Thanks! Im trying!

I've never been a smoker but I bugged the heck out of my dad who was a smoker as a kid. He finally quit when I was in high school. It was hard, but he did it without any aides. He put the money he saved in an account and bought himself some fun toys. Maybe plan or book something cool with your saved money at Disney??

Always Disney it takes ALL MY MONEY

Side note, we have never been to Sci Fi, but I'm thinking of trying to get a last minute dinner there in a few weeks.
Do they have car tables that fit a family of 5? My youngest is finally out of a high chair, but I'd want him close to me to keep him from running away or something, lol!

It's a lot of FUN! i hope you do try it!
They do have the car tables for 5. we always had a car. here is a picture:

Tom would be sitting with me but he took the picture...

You can do it! You can and WILL quit! :cheer2:GO MO!! :cheer2:

Thank you!

No time...for Star Tours?! What was wrong with their last guide?! Star Tours is one of my favourites (plus I love the squirrel playground in the outside queuing area!).

All they did was run from one ride to the next and the guys all they did was run from attraction to the next for FP. it was insane what they were telling me

I must admit, we've never been to Starring Rolls. I did love those turkey sandwiches when they were available at Main St Bakery though. Might have to add this to the bucket list for next time!

what?!?!? How can this be?

"The Just OK movie ride"... :rotfl2::rotfl2:Great RnR coaster shot! I love their faces!

Meg always has the best faces on these rides!!

Never been here either. We really must branch out from Pizza Planet next trip! Though I love The Muppets and Rizzo is one of my favourites (along with Bean Bunny...How is he the star of MuppetVision 3D yet there's STILL no merch for him?! C'mon, Disney!) so obviously I need at least one trip to PizzaRizzo.

WHAT?
You do know there are other restaurants??? :rotfl2:

I cannot agree more they need a lot more Muppets stuff!

The Star Wars Dessert party looks so good, I hope they keep it running for a while. We did a couple of different dessert parties on our last trip and loved them. Our tip: Break up the sugar rush with the occasional cheese cube. The saltiness makes it easier to eat even more dessert!!

I know! I really hope it's still available!

a quick update on my mom!
Thank you all so much for your well wishes! she got out of the hospital Thursday with oxygen ect.
Did she quit smoking?
Nope.

More on this later. I am being pulled in a thousand directions.

You guys have fun with that run while i sit on the sidelines cheering you on with a beer.
I'm not running anywhere unless it's for a Mickey bar..:mickeybar
Sometimes I can run a whole 5K, sometimes I can stroll :) Just as long as you save me a beer at the end!!!

Look how long it is taking for Avatarland! good grief they have been working on that for YEARS without a definite opening!

I think a lot of the secrecy is cause of everything that's been happening with their tech. SDMT was behind schedule cause of the swinging cars, same with RoL. It's great they use the high tech stuff to be ahead but I think they put too much on their proverbial plates. I'm hoping the timeline is more accurate for the bigger projects.

Thank you all so much for your well wishes! she got out of the hospital Thursday with oxygen ect.
Did she quit smoking?
Nope.

Glad mom is out of the hospital. I hope her road ahead isn't too hard.

You'll get to the quitting, I have faith. :thumbsup2

Did she quit smoking?
Nope.

More on this later. I am being pulled in a thousand directions.

How is there no hug smilie? Hugs!!

I'm still here, too, Mo! Just lurking away. Counting down to my little's 10th birthday trip! Looks like we may be at WDW at the same time next year. We're still nailing down dates and travel parties, but we're looking at the 8th-17th of September. Yay!!!

I think a lot of the secrecy is cause of everything that's been happening with their tech. SDMT was behind schedule cause of the swinging cars, same with RoL. It's great they use the high tech stuff to be ahead but I think they put too much on their proverbial plates. I'm hoping the timeline is more accurate for the bigger projects.

I do too.. Kills me with all this postponing!

Glad mom is out of the hospital. I hope her road ahead isn't too hard.

You'll get to the quitting, I have faith.

Thank you. She is still smoking away and she smokes a LOT!

How is there no hug smilie? Hugs!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

I'm still here, too, Mo! Just lurking away. Counting down to my little's 10th birthday trip! Looks like we may be at WDW at the same time next year. We're still nailing down dates and travel parties, but we're looking at the 8th-17th of September. Yay!!!

OMG! the 10th birthday trip was our favorite! I hope the magic is plenty!!!

Good morning all and happy Friday to you.

My Aunt died yesterday, My Mom's sister who has been ill since April. Needless to say this is not making it any easier to get my Mom to quit smoking at this point.
Its been such a tough road for the family, I can only pray this can bring some peace. My uncle is just lost without her. They were married 50+ years, and she did everything for him.
Devastating.

Besides the loss of my aunt/godmother Football is on overdrive. Our JV team is 7-0 and is the AFC champs. More then likely going to make the Superbowl.

Our widgets (Matt and Zack's team) Tom is the head coach and hasn't slept, watches the videos CONSTANTLY the game is tomorrow. IF they win tomorrow they go on to the play offs with a high chance of moving on. IF they lose tomorrow- the season is over. My house is not fun right now.

Oh what's that? What is going on with Volleyball? Starts on Tuesday. We had gym time picks yesterday- I was smart! This year i split the team. i put all those moron parents on the other team let them deal with it!

So even when one season isn't even ended i am already starting another.

8a2849dbff48592850146e4aabb65360.jpg

Thank you all for sticking around. I am leaving work early to volunteer over at the kids school for the Halloween party.
Tomorrow the game and Sunday i work.
I want to throw out my next day plans! Let's keep the magic alive here!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!