Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

I have to admit, the Poly does sound wonderful. It's kind of on our bucket list but we have as much of a chance staying there as we do flying to the moon. :rolleyes2 I'm just glad we actually get to take trips to WDW.

That response is some major pucky! He probably copied it from a premade email. I used to work at Six Flags Great America when I was in college (we won't go into how long ago that was). Back then, it was even a shady place. I loved my time working there but yeah, it's definitely not Disney. Six Flags St. Louis is only about 15-20 minutes from my house and we don't even go there unless we happen to go for Fright Fest. Even then, we haven't been in probably 5-6 years.

HA HA HA...I knew you'd end up back at the Poly. I'm just warning you to be prepared for sticker shock, my dear. When you do the Animal Kingdom, you really should look into renting points and staying in the DVC villas. You'll find it much cheaper.

I do love the poly and do think it would be perfect for newbies!
So AK... I do want to do this on our family vacation in what 2017? am i really thinking that far in advance?!?! Wowza.
So I will need to chat with you and the whole renting points.. I need to play with numbers.
i again blame you for all my trips since i want to stay at all the resorts you post about! LOL

I have to admit, the Poly does sound wonderful. It's kind of on our bucket list but we have as much of a chance staying there as we do flying to the moon. :rolleyes2 I'm just glad we actually get to take trips to WDW.

That response is some major pucky! He probably copied it from a premade email. I used to work at Six Flags Great America when I was in college (we won't go into how long ago that was). Back then, it was even a shady place. I loved my time working there but yeah, it's definitely not Disney. Six Flags St. Louis is only about 15-20 minutes from my house and we don't even go there unless we happen to go for Fright Fest. Even then, we haven't been in probably 5-6 years.

The poly is wonderful! I just love it. Yes it really doesn't matter where you stay as long as you are IN Disney!!!

Yes great America isn't a magical place that's for sure. just crappy.
We will be going back next month or so for frightfest! Meg really wants to back without a cast and how can i deny her?!?

I have nothing to report on this. as i am trying to get November off the ground.

Hmmm.... Poly or AKL... Wow!!! I am not sure I could choose? Of course, I've not stayed at either... but the Poly is on my all time favorites bucket list - when we stay at SoG... We spend a LOT of time at the Poly - so much so, that it feels like the resort we are staying at (we eat all of our meals there, and we use it almost exclusively for transportation... NO we do not use their pools)... The smells and sounds there - just speak Disney to me like no other.

But AKL has always been on my bucket list too... Even though I've only ever been there once, for a dinner at Boma - it's a beautiful resort and I wish the girls would have been interested in spending more time there, because I wanted to explore and experience it a lot more than we did. Oh well - maybe one day they will want to stay there with me?

Either way - I think both of them would be a great choice. ::yes:: I think the idea of Poly in 2016 and AKL i 2017 is a great choice, best of both worlds. :thumbsup2

We are getting soooo close to seeing eachother again - I am giddy with excitement!

D~

Hmmm.... Poly or AKL... Wow!!! I am not sure I could choose? Of course, I've not stayed at either... but the Poly is on my all time favorites bucket list - when we stay at SoG... We spend a LOT of time at the Poly - so much so, that it feels like the resort we are staying at (we eat all of our meals there, and we use it almost exclusively for transportation... NO we do not use their pools)... The smells and sounds there - just speak Disney to me like no other.

But AKL has always been on my bucket list too... Even though I've only ever been there once, for a dinner at Boma - it's a beautiful resort and I wish the girls would have been interested in spending more time there, because I wanted to explore and experience it a lot more than we did. Oh well - maybe one day they will want to stay there with me?

Either way - I think both of them would be a great choice. ::yes:: I think the idea of Poly in 2016 and AKL i 2017 is a great choice, best of both worlds. :thumbsup2

We are getting soooo close to seeing eachother again - I am giddy with excitement!

D~

we are going to stick with the poly for this trip then 2017 will be a longer stay at AKL. i want to be able to enjoy the resort without missing park time.
having a beach for fireworks and the water pageant it delightful!

I think your choice of Poly '16 and AKL '17 is great. The Poly for a first trip is just so magical. And I would want a longer trip if I was staying at AKL....just seems like a "spend lots of time at the resort" type of resort :)

Can't wait to see you!!!! And the midgets-who-aren't-midgets-anymore!!

I think your choice of Poly '16 and AKL '17 is great. The Poly for a first trip is just so magical. And I would want a longer trip if I was staying at AKL....just seems like a "spend lots of time at the resort" type of resort :)

Can't wait to see you!!!! And the midgets-who-aren't-midgets-anymore!!

I have to agree... First time trip needs to see the castle every morning. plus all the fun stuff the Poly does have to offer..

yep i want to be selfish. I want AKL for my family...

Ideas...

Long time No post!!!
well i have been thinking about this trip more and more.. and getting more excited about this then the November trip....

Why?

Because THIS might be our longer trip!!!
Split stay? Poly/ AKL!

Maria has checked in with me a few times. she keeps changing her dates on me. they want to go the first week of Sept. Eh i can handle that. But then she only wants to stay 5-6 days. against my better judgement!
She really doesn't seem that into it. the rest of the family is.. So i am just going to go on with MY PLANS!

So yes I still believe Poly is the best for a first timer! Come on to wake up every morning to say good morning to the most stunning castle in all of America? Watch wishes from a beach while the pageant is floating by having a drink? Kids can play in the sand? YES PLEASE!
Once this portion of the trip is over I would like to move on over to AKL...

Yes I do believe i do!!! what do you all think?

I think that idea is great! But how do you plan to fit five people in an AKL room?
This is a really good question, and it didn't even dawn on me that Mo is a family of 5. But Sue is right... None of the rooms at AKL have a day bed or anything similar. The max occupancy is 4, unless you're in a Villa. Otherwise, you'll have to do two connecting rooms.

Don't ya just hate when you are all excited about a trip and planning it for first timers and they won't listen to your expertise??? Drives me nuts! :)

I cannot even bring myself to think about our trip for next year. So much going on. I just need to make it happen even if I go solo. :)

I love everything about this plan! Make this happen! ::yes::

I have to... I MUST!

I think that idea is great! But how do you plan to fit five people in an AKL room?

Not a room. a suite obviously i won't fit in a room.

Im GONNA!

This is a really good question, and it didn't even dawn on me that Mo is a family of 5. But Sue is right... None of the rooms at AKL have a day bed or anything similar. The max occupancy is 4, unless you're in a Villa. Otherwise, you'll have to do two connecting rooms.

You figured it out... a villa.

Don't ya just hate when you are all excited about a trip and planning it for first timers and they won't listen to your expertise??? Drives me nuts!

It DOES DRIVE ME BATTY!!! GRRRRRRRRRR but i am not going to become a pain in the *** until November is done.

I cannot even bring myself to think about our trip for next year. So much going on. I just need to make it happen even if I go solo.

Your not going with anyone next year?

YES. Go to AKL a thousdand times yes! I just had ONE SHORT NIGHT there last week ( TR on the HORIZON ) and I really want to plan a 10 day trip there now. Enough time for park time and PLENTY of resort time. That place is AMAZING. It transports you far far away.

YES. Go to AKL a thousdand times yes! I just had ONE SHORT NIGHT there last week ( TR on the HORIZON ) and I really want to plan a 10 day trip there now. Enough time for park time and PLENTY of resort time. That place is AMAZING. It transports you far far away.

I do want to stay here! I just need to come up wtih $$ to do all the things i WANT TO DO!!! HA HA! I need to win the lottery...

Still have NOTHING to report here.. the Resorts are enough to try to figure out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter