Why do you pick your resort?

We're DVC owners at Boardwalk. We picked this resort because of it's location to Epcot and HS. We can walk to either park if we choose to. Walking back from Illuminations is a big plus. Having a full kitchen at ou disposial allows us to buy groceries for breakfast, drinks, and snacks for all. Another big plus for at us choosing BWV are the seven GV's it has. Being in just one space (2100 sq/ft)makes vacationing altogether that more fun for the family. Everybody has their own bedrooms and bathrooms. Just this morning I booked a GV for our next grand gathering vacation next June.

We choose POR because our family of 5 can stay comfortably and fits with our budget. DH and I stayed there on our honeymoonand loved the atmosphere.

After a day in the parks it always seem so quiet and serene when we step off the bus and head to our room :)

We always say if we ever can afford it we will stay at GF we loved it when we went to 1900 Park Fare

Location, location, location followed by transportation & view is also in the top as well.

I have always loved the Poly. The first time I took my dh before we were married he cringed at the price (boy I wish it was that price now) so we stayed at the WL. I had stayed there before & liked it enough to stay at. But it just wasn't what I loved.

I convinced him to stay at the Poly (I was paying so he couldn't say no) & he was hooked. We got engaged there that trip as well. So you can say it is special to us.

We are headed back next year. I have thought of a split at the BC but it all comes down to the fact that I will miss the Poly, the monorail, the ease of getting to 2 parks minus a bus (OK I can do that at the BC via a boat). Um...the smell of the boats (yes I love that exhaust smell), not only riding the monorail but watching it as it travels around while I am in the pool/beach. Listening to the MK sounds, the boat sounds, etc....

Theme and affordability. I love POFQ because I love the look of New Orleans - Mardi Gras. There will be 5 of us going next year, so we are forced to stay at POR. Luckily POR and POFQ are sister resorts. We can walk along the river and visit POFQ!

I decide whether my budget is Value or Mod (yeah, I could probably stretch to Deluxe but, seeing as we're in parks from open til close, I would rather save those thousands for spending - we are not hang round at resort people)

Then I go to the Disney website and choose which one I like the look of the most.

I don't read reviews - one persons "I hated it" is another persons "I loved it". At the end of the day, no Disney Resort is terrible.

I chose POR this year for a) the Royal Guest Rooms and b) it looks very chillaxing. The kinda place that I will enjoy strolling through early in the morning then late at night :)

Our new home away from home is the POFQ (small in size so easy walking access to bus, dining, gift shop and front desk). DD loving the dragon water slide and the boat to DTD were bonuses.

Staying at the Contemporary this time to celebrate DH's 50th birthday and fulfill (in his words) his "lifelong dream" :cool1:. The factors for me is easy access all around, for DH its the monorail running through the building, and for DD it'll inevitably be the MK view.

Same for me re: FQ. Just love the compact feeling of this resort. My daughter loves that slide too - even at 9 yrs old. We stayed at POR last time. It was beautiful, but really big for us. We also really enjoy the "water taxi" to downtown disney (at both PO resorts). The beignettes are the BEST - my mom used to make donuts like that!

This year we're trying AoA... mainly because it's new (Little mermaid rooms opening on the day we arrive)... how many time does that happen in your lifetime :angel: Also, it looks good and the price is right.

I would love to stay at a deluxe but can't really afford it. Boardwalk and yaught club looks gorgeous. We've eaten at each place - so that's kind of cool. (love Ohana at Poly and Narcoosee's at Grand Floridian).

We're DVC owners at Boardwalk. We picked this resort because of it's location to Epcot and HS. We can walk to either park if we choose to. Walking back from Illuminations is a big plus. Having a full kitchen at ou disposial allows us to buy groceries for breakfast, drinks, and snacks for all. Another big plus for at us choosing BWV are the seven GV's it has. Being in just one space (2100 sq/ft)makes vacationing altogether that more fun for the family. Everybody has their own bedrooms and bathrooms. Just this morning I booked a GV for our next grand gathering vacation next June.

I think convenience is definitely one of the most important things. I would love to stay at boardwalk. I don't know a ton about the DVC, but since joining here I want to learn more!

Location, location, location followed by transportation & view is also in the top as well.

I have always loved the Poly. The first time I took my dh before we were married he cringed at the price (boy I wish it was that price now) so we stayed at the WL. I had stayed there before & liked it enough to stay at. But it just wasn't what I loved.

I convinced him to stay at the Poly (I was paying so he couldn't say no) & he was hooked. We got engaged there that trip as well. So you can say it is special to us.

We are headed back next year. I have thought of a split at the BC but it all comes down to the fact that I will miss the Poly, the monorail, the ease of getting to 2 parks minus a bus (OK I can do that at the BC via a boat). Um...the smell of the boats (yes I love that exhaust smell), not only riding the monorail but watching it as it travels around while I am in the pool/beach. Listening to the MK sounds, the boat sounds, etc....

The location of the monorail in relation to the resorts around the lagoon were one of the top reasons we originally stayed at Poly. We splurged on GFla in 2010 and now my parents won't stay anywhere else! That boat ride over to MK is fabulous. especially after a dinner at Narcoosee's when you're heading into the park for nighttime entertainment :)

Same for me re: FQ. Just love the compact feeling of this resort. My daughter loves that slide too - even at 9 yrs old. We stayed at POR last time. It was beautiful, but really big for us. We also really enjoy the "water taxi" to downtown disney (at both PO resorts). The beignettes are the BEST - my mom used to make donuts like that!

This year we're trying AoA... mainly because it's new (Little mermaid rooms opening on the day we arrive)... how many time does that happen in your lifetime :angel: Also, it looks good and the price is right.

I would love to stay at a deluxe but can't really afford it. Boardwalk and yaught club looks gorgeous. We've eaten at each place - so that's kind of cool. (love Ohana at Poly and Narcoosee's at Grand Floridian).

Everyone seems to have great things about POR and POFQ! I've never stayed anywhere but Poly and GFla and I would really love to branch out! Especially since the value would allow us for a longer stay. And we could probably visit more often.

Price is for sure an issue, and we've only gone 2 (3 for me and mom) times in the past 10 years. I would love to open up and try new, more affordable resorts.

In a year I'll be 18 and probably go on my first solo trip, and I've already started saving, so I want to get as much info on other resorts as possible! the PO resorts both sound awesome! And I would love the convenience to DTD, as I've NEVER been!

Like real estate in general, Location, Location, Location.

We stay at the Poly and couldn't be happier. We have had to cut back the number of trips, but worth it when we go.

We stayed at POR last year because there were five of us (me, wife and kids) and the price was right. Wife and I are doing Pop Century this time because of price, theme and dedicated bus (hopefully as advertised.) We're not resort people and prefer to spend extra money in the parks.

I would have preferred to stay at POR again (it's awesome, IMO) but I don't want to spend the extra money.

price and location.

Price is a big factor but then again we wouldn't stay at a value. My husband just figures since we only go on vacation once a year, he wants to do it "right". He feels the values are more of a motel feel.

Location is huge because the buses were a big pain in the butt last year from CBR and we will be doing MK most of the time so wanted a resort in the MK area.

After being at CBR last year, I also look at size. I personally hated CBR. Everything was run down looking and the walk to fill up my water or coffee was just too much of a hike considering all the walking we do in the parks as it is.

I decided on WL mainly factoring in all three. The price is the cheapest of the deluxes, the resort is close to MK and the resort is very small compared to others.

I also decided on WL because of the time of year we are going ( I've heard its the best near christmas)

I will never stay at GF because its just too boring looking for me. Everytime I visit it, I want to leave and move on to our next destination. Also, POR/POFQ look boring to me as well. Just not my taste.

Now I will one day stay at AKL because its the most interesting resort to us. The distance from all the parks is just not practical for us with my childs age.

I also want to stay at CR with my family mainly because of sentimental reasons. I stayed there every year when I was a child. It still smells the same when I step off the monerail. I love the smell of food in the lobby and I especially love the monerail driving through it!

When I first started booking hotels it was all about price. Therefore, my first two trips to WDW we stayed at a DTD hotel. After factoring in transportation to the airport and free dining, staying onsite became more cost effective, so we started with theme and pricing. We stayed at CBR, then CSR, then POFQ. When I wanted to explore the deluxe resorts I rented DVC points and started at AKL (gorgeous!!) Stayed there twice because it is breathtakingly beautiful. I've also tried WL, but living in the Northwest it didn't hold as much appeal.
This trip we are doing a split stay...I have always been curious as to what the values are like but never wanted to ruin a stay if I hated it...obvious solution: Split stay. First at Pop, then at Boardwalk.
I love the moderate resorts..I feel they're a good value for the money. I think the deluxe resorts are overpriced but truly special. I am hoping to like POP, just to have the option of a cheaper stay if necessary.

My dream resort, however, is to stay at the Contemporary. It is the epitome of my Disney childhood dreams but I cannot get myself to pay what they are asking, and not sure if a stay at Bay Lake on rented points would fulfill that dream.

Never say never....

Theme is our biggest consideration. We do throw in a little consideration to location, but not much. And if one resort we like has a deal and another resort we like doesn't, well of course we go with the deal.

We are older, now usually go without the 'kids', and WS has become our favorite place to have outside our front door. So, to answer your question, I guess we've locked into BC because of location but obviously there are a lot of other nice things that make it a great place to stay.

Getting back to location, and especially staying at an EPCOT resort, we definitely go less often so we can afford to stay there. A more than fair trade off to us.

Great topic!:goodvibes:goodvibes

We always stay at the OKW because it is our home resort and we love it! We've also stayed almost in every other Disney resort for split stays, so basically we do about 5 or 7 days at OKW and 2 other days at another resort. We like other resorts, but love the OKW!

For us it depends on who is going along on the trip. If it's the whole family, it's a two bedroom villa at BLT or WL most likely, although we did stay at Beach Club during one split stay and the kids loved it there. If it's just DH and I and it's a planned vacation, one of the Epcot resorts (BC or BWI). If it's a last minute trip it's whatever deluxe is available :goodvibes
What is important to us in a resort? Queen beds or larger, a gym and multiple transportation options. If we weren't renting a car I would almost certainly choose one of the Epcot resorts because I can walk to both Epcot or DHS, leaving me to only have to bus or taxi to AK and MK

The pool (if it has a slide), restaurants, location, its great to have extra transportation options besides the bus (monorail, boat), and theme!

Like real estate in general, Location, Location, Location.

We stay at the Poly and couldn't be happier. We have had to cut back the number of trips, but worth it when we go.

You get attached when it's so convenient! it's like you can't imagine doing Disney from another location. The cutting back is what i'm working on changing, so that's why I wanted to explore new options :)

We stayed at POR last year because there were five of us (me, wife and kids) and the price was right. Wife and I are doing Pop Century this time because of price, theme and dedicated bus (hopefully as advertised.) We're not resort people and prefer to spend extra money in the parks.

I would have preferred to stay at POR again (it's awesome, IMO) but I don't want to spend the extra money.

Personally, I would rather stay at a value resort and have more money for food and shopping. Plus I prefer to be in the parks as long as possible! However, it is pretty nice to come in for an afternoon nap halfway through the trip and be at a deluxe resort :( They're just so darn expensive though!

price and location.

Price is a big factor but then again we wouldn't stay at a value. My husband just figures since we only go on vacation once a year, he wants to do it "right". He feels the values are more of a motel feel.

Location is huge because the buses were a big pain in the butt last year from CBR and we will be doing MK most of the time so wanted a resort in the MK area.

After being at CBR last year, I also look at size. I personally hated CBR. Everything was run down looking and the walk to fill up my water or coffee was just too much of a hike considering all the walking we do in the parks as it is.

I decided on WL mainly factoring in all three. The price is the cheapest of the deluxes, the resort is close to MK and the resort is very small compared to others.

I also decided on WL because of the time of year we are going ( I've heard its the best near christmas)

I will never stay at GF because its just too boring looking for me. Everytime I visit it, I want to leave and move on to our next destination. Also, POR/POFQ look boring to me as well. Just not my taste.

Now I will one day stay at AKL because its the most interesting resort to us. The distance from all the parks is just not practical for us with my childs age.

I also want to stay at CR with my family mainly because of sentimental reasons. I stayed there every year when I was a child. It still smells the same when I step off the monerail. I love the smell of food in the lobby and I especially love the monerail driving through it!

We're a little bit the same in my family. Since we rarely get to Disney, they want to make sure everything is the best it can be. So they always go for GFla. Personally, I like that it's not as embellished and themed (even though, it is in its way) I enjoy coming in from the crazy, upbeat parks into that cool, classy, nostalgic environment. And I love the smell!!

When I first started booking hotels it was all about price. Therefore, my first two trips to WDW we stayed at a DTD hotel. After factoring in transportation to the airport and free dining, staying onsite became more cost effective, so we started with theme and pricing. We stayed at CBR, then CSR, then POFQ. When I wanted to explore the deluxe resorts I rented DVC points and started at AKL (gorgeous!!) Stayed there twice because it is breathtakingly beautiful. I've also tried WL, but living in the Northwest it didn't hold as much appeal.
This trip we are doing a split stay...I have always been curious as to what the values are like but never wanted to ruin a stay if I hated it...obvious solution: Split stay. First at Pop, then at Boardwalk.
I love the moderate resorts..I feel they're a good value for the money. I think the deluxe resorts are overpriced but truly special. I am hoping to like POP, just to have the option of a cheaper stay if necessary.

My dream resort, however, is to stay at the Contemporary. It is the epitome of my Disney childhood dreams but I cannot get myself to pay what they are asking, and not sure if a stay at Bay Lake on rented points would fulfill that dream.

Never say never....

My Mom's dream is to stay at Contemporary too :) we always stay at GFla though! which is why we've gone 2 times in ten years. It's crazy expensive, but my parents aren't super open to staying anywhere else. The split stay sounds like a great way to ease into that though! I would be more than open to trying it!! Sounds like fun!

We are older, now usually go without the 'kids', and WS has become our favorite place to have outside our front door. So, to answer your question, I guess we've locked into BC because of location but obviously there are a lot of other nice things that make it a great place to stay.

Getting back to location, and especially staying at an EPCOT resort, we definitely go less often so we can afford to stay there. A more than fair trade off to us.

Great topic!:goodvibes:goodvibes

I really want to try an EPCOT resort!! Really badly! The going less, but staying well is what my parents enjoy. Obviously, I would prefer to go as much as possible! But I've never stayed anywhere but Deluxe. So I have no experience with any other resorts! I'm hoping to explore a lot of different ones over the next few years.

We always stay at the OKW because it is our home resort and we love it! We've also stayed almost in every other Disney resort for split stays, so basically we do about 5 or 7 days at OKW and 2 other days at another resort. We like other resorts, but love the OKW!

I really want to try a split stay now! My parents would probably never be up for it, but once i can take a solo trip, I want to try!

We used to choose based on the ability to fit 5 but since buying DVC we base our decision on where we really want to stay!

We used to choose based on the ability to fit 5 but since buying DVC we base our decision on where we really want to stay!

I feel pretty ignorant saying this, but how exactly does it work/is it worth it? I've checked out the website, but I still don't really get it. Care to explain in simple terms? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter