Why do they ask if you are on the DDP?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by mel373, Aug 23, 2007.

1. mel373

mel373 Mouseketeer

Whenever I call to check for cancelled ADR's the CM asks me if I am on the DDP. I am still trying to decide because I can't seem to get any decent ADR's.

Do they have tables set aside for the people on the DDP? Should I just tell them that I have it and see if that helps? Any info would be great

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

I asked.

she told me it was because some guests were unfamiliar with the plan - and tried to make reservation in a place that did not use DDP or took 2 ts not just one

it was easier on everyone to be told when you are trying to make the reservation than when you get the bill to be told - sorry we don't take that.

4. mel373

mel373 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick answer:cheer2:

5. Stinky_Pete

Stinky_Pete DIS Veteran

This is what I was told too. Especially since I was making ADRs for places that require 2 TS credits she wanted to make sure I knew that.

6. wen8jr

wen8jr DIS Veteran

I believe they want to know too so they can alert you if a resturant you are trying to book with is not on the DDP.

7. Aristomommy

Aristomommy <font color=deeppink>We were in the “wild animals”

When I made my ADRs, the CM told me how many credits each restaurant was. Also, some still need a CC for a deposit, so she explained how that worked.

8. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

They used to ask if you were on any packages that included meals before the DDP was around as we know it now.

9. adisneynut

adisneynut Guest

I was told that they make a notation on your resssie so that the resturants will not start a tab on you.