• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why do the ask ?'s when you book ADR's?

fightinfire21

Mouseketeer
Whey do they ask what hotel you are staying at and ask if you are on a dining plan when you call to book ADR's? I hope they are not "discriminating" against dining plan people :confused3

Because resort guests can book at the 180+10 and because some ADR's require a credit card payment immediately for non dining plan guests. For dining plan guests they usually just take a cc to hold, not charge.

I guess there could be ulterior motives but these reasons seem logical to me.

They ask the hotel because they are tying your dining reservation to your room reservation.

It's also simply good marketing stats. They want to know how many are booking reservations and staying onsite, offsite, using dining plan, etc.

We booked all of our stuff prior to booking our trip so nothing is tied to our room. It doesn't matter either way.

Also when they asked us if we were on the dinning plan, and we said no, they said a bit about it and asked if we wanted to go on it.

I believe they also note "dining plan" on your reservation so that the server can help you maximize it- They don't want angry people who didn't mention the dining plan to the server, and are then upset because they accidentally ordered something not covered (ie sushi at Teppanyaki).

also if you are going from your hotel to dinner and its not a common "fast commute" they will advise you to allow extra travel time to dinner-----example Hoop De Do

Paul

They asked if you were on any kind of a package that included dining before there was a dining plan.....when there were just the platinum/silver/gold plans that included some meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter