Why do people seem to prefer CSR over CBR??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by blue_eyes5212, Aug 23, 2007.

1. blue_eyes5212

blue_eyes5212 DIS Veteran

I think the theme of CBR is more appealing than CSR, but CSR seems to be preferred on the DIS. I know that different people like different themes, but it seems like people would prefer a beachy theme in Florida as opposed to a southwestern theme (especially if they live far away from the beach).

Is there something that CSR has that makes it more popular, or is it just about the theming??

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Quinn222

Quinn222 DIS Veteran

CSR has a beachy area too, so when you stay there you get it. The pool is much larger with a bigger slide. CSR has room service, a spa, a salon. The Pepper Market is in a lot of people's opinions the best quick service of any hotel. Though some don't like it. The resort itself is really beautiful with three separate styles. I always am surprised when people say they don't like it because they don't like the southwest style. I don't find CSR particularly southwest. It's very tropical except for the Rancho section. It's got lush landscaping and beautiful flowers, beaches and hammocks. It also has the best bus service of any resort we've stayed in. Oh, and at Christmas it's especially lovely.

4. Taja

Taja DIS Veteran

Yep! I agree with the above. Although I dislike the Ranchos section because I live n the Southwest!

Apart from that, it's a convention hotel. You frequently don't see many of the conference guests all day. It's just a bit closer to being a deluxe resort without paying deluxe prices!

5. helenabear

helenabear <font color=deeppink>There is hope for the helples

IMO the theming at CSR is far superior. The layout of CSR is better IMO. CBR takes waaaaay too long to walk around for me. It feels too spread out to me. I also think that the food court at CSR is wonderful. CBR is my least favorite of all the moderates and I am not sure I would ever stay there again if I had to.

6. NotTooGoofy

NotTooGoofy <font color=purple>Go BUCKS!<br><font color=blue>L

I've stayed at both resorts and I tend to like CSR a little better. The theming is attractive and CSR is more compact than CBR. The last time my family stayed at CBR we were in Trinidad South. It took time to get to and from the building to the pool or food court. We usually stay in the Cabanas section because it's close to the pool, bus stop and food court.

7. cigar95

cigar95 DIS weakest link

I suspect this is one of those things that comes and goes. A few years ago, CSR was the moderate most likely to get dumped on - "far away from the action", "conventioneers ruin the feel", "not very pretty", and so on. Recently it's gotten a lot more love.

Similarly, Dixie Landings used to be preferred to Port Orleans, but for a while I've gotten the feeling that the opposite is true more often than not.

Just remember that every resort is someone's favorite, not to mention someone else's *least* favorite. Whatever appeals to you will probably be the one you enjoy.

8. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

I love CSR! And I like to think that my website has helped DIS'ers see that CSR is a great resort. I think all the mods have their fans. Everyone loves different things, that's what makes WDW so great. It has something for everyone.

CSR has a beach area but it also has the best pool and slide of all the mods and that's what guests to go FL for, their kids want to swim in the pool.

Here are some pictures of CSR in the evening.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. tinawv

tinawv Dis Veteran

Very well said. :)

10. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Because more guests have tried it and found out that you can't believe everything you read. Its the newest resort, it offers deluxe amenities (full menu room service, a spa, a salon, tanning beds, a steam room and a fitness center). It's large but not as large as CBR. CBR was the first mod built.

Like cigar95 said, it was least favorite in 1999 when I first started coming here but it just opened then. That was the reason I started my website was to give CSR some love. It was my first trip there and I couldn't understand why everyone was bashing it because it was great.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=830638

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1390487

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1133200

11. marivaid

marivaid My mother is a Pluto molester.

I never even think of CBR when considering which resort to try next.
    Not even sure why. The theming is kind of "blah", it reminds me of our $86/night motel in Ft Lauderdale.

We've done Value,Moderate and Deluxe. I have a hard time chosing a Mod instead of a Value because, except for a slightly larger room and better theming, you don't get much else in a Mod that you can't get in a Value.

CSR is the only mod we wanted to try so we booked it for Christmas. I love the theme, the pool, location is great too. It just feels more deluxy to me than CBR or POFQ (which we tried last year). I'm a little worried about the size, but then again I was worried about the size of POP as well and it was completly unwarranted. The one thing I'm not crazy about is that we can't use our DDE at the counter service at CSR like we could do in a Value or at POFQ.

Buzz's site had a LOT to do with us wanting to try CSR. These night photos are incredible!

12. Suzanne74

Suzanne74 DIS Veteran

I am the same way - I never think of CBR when I look to book - it seems like a cheesy oceanfront hotel with too much walking. I try to do something different each stay and honestly I like them all. My least fav is Poly (gasp:scared: ) but everyone here just loves it. I love the fact that Disney has so many types of hotels to choose. We did CSR and loved it. The ceilings are beautiful in the lobby - the architecture outstanding. It is hard not to go back but I am trying as many as I can so it might be awhile. The Pepper Market, Seasons in Epcot and Tusker House (RIP) are my 3 fav counter service venues.

The pool and buses are the least crowded of any resort I have been to. I would recommend checking to see what convention is going to be there the dates you look for.

13. lustergirl

lustergirl DIS Veteran

with the current code discount I upgraded to CSR from AS Sports for our upcoming trip and I believe I made the right choice. Actually the very helpful CM that I spoke with over the phone did an excellent job convincing me as well- thanks disney.. After reading and viewing lots of pictures thanks to Buzz I have decide that I can't wait to stay at CSR. To me this resort looks more deluxe at you are getting it a mod price. I was showing my husband the pictures one night this past week and he was completely taken aback because of the beauty of this resort.
    Everyone has their own opinions though and that what makes us unique.

Oh yea- I am in the double digits finally- 98 days to go!!

14. G's mommy

G's mommy DIS Veteran

You definitely made the right choice, you will not be sorry. CSR is a great resort, we'll be back for our 3rd stay in December. :cool1:

15. zgirl

zgirl Mouseketeer

We tried CSR last weekend and as beautiful as it is, we are taking our family back to CBR for the 3rd time this December. We just prefer the Caribbean theme. And we don't use any of the extra stuff that CSR offers (spa, etc), we hardly use the pool in Dec, and it was a little weird for us seeing business people everywhere. We did enjoy laying on the hammocks by the lake but we can do that at CBR too. :thumbsup2

16. Lilolvr

Lilolvr DIS Veteran

CSR is my favorite mod as well. It has nothing to do with not liking CBR, I just prefer CSR.

17. Jrabbit910

Jrabbit910 Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Its a personal preference both resorts are very pretty.... I just think it comes down to the theming that you would like....

18. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Simple. Buzz2001 is a very charismatic, influential person who has convinced (legitimately) a lot of people that CSR is a better place to stay!

19. wvgoofyfan

wvgoofyfan Mouseketeer

I haven't been back to CSR since Feb this year, (not my choice, it was booked in June and I couldn't get in:confused3 ) but I have to agree with Buzz in all he says.
    What hasn't been said is that the absolute best cast members work at CSR. They go out of their way to fix anything and everything. They are all a great bunch of people from the resort manager on down to the mousekeepers. :love:
    The conceriege desk at CSR has gone above and beyond several times for me. The resort manager several years ago was the best. The gift shop people always have a smile with quick service. The mousekeepers there are excellent and my room at the end of the day has never been not what I expected. I love catching a ride with those great people who run the shuttle buses around the lake.
    CSR has the absolute best bus service of any of the resorts and no matter where you stay you are close to the food court/lobby/ reception because you just grab the next bus going anywhere and get off right at ElCentro.
    Because the conventioneers are in business meetings all day, the ordinary tourist has the bus system all to themselves.
    I haven't stayed there since the resorts went non smoking but I know there were lots of great DSAs at the resort. For those of you who smoke and need your fix first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee, just make a pot in your room and head outside because there will be a smoking area near you.
    I love the relaxing feeling of the resort especially after a long day at the parks. The colors just seem to help you unwind. The resort just eludes a relaxed feeling. I have always been close enough to head for the hot tub late at night and this is absolutely the best to drain every ache out of every muscle not the mention the way it soothes your tired feet.
    I have only stayed in the Ranchos and the Cabanas but both were great!
    Guess I better get off here and start planning my next trip at CSR of course.

20. Pluto1976

Pluto1976 Mouseketeer

I'm glad everyone likes the CSR over the CBR as it just means a better chance for me to get a chair by the CBR main pool. :cool1:

I really believe it is all about what theme appeals to you more. We drove by the CSR when the Magical Express was dropping some people off and the theme did nothing for me. However..........

My DF and I enjoy taking extended weekend trips and recently discovered WDW as a great place to go for one of those weekends. When booking them I never thought of the CSR but I think we may try it for one of our upcoming extended weekend trips due to the pictures from the other Disboard member.

21. mikkiwikki

mikkiwikki DIS Veteran

I agree!!!! - I can't wait to have CBR all to myself...I mean AHEM -

Yes! yes! ...CSR is Definitely FAR superior ....:thumbsup2 ...you should stay at CSR :jester: :goodvibes

:tiptoe: Sneaking off to uncrowded CBR - hee hee hee...