Why do I find dead people in Disney?

We should hook up for lunch sometime and talk Disney..:goodvibes Or maybe not....:rolleyes1 :rotfl2: :rotfl: ;)

That is too funny. My hairdresser used to live over across from Barbs Farm I forget the name of the develpment and I always thought it was weird she was listed as NewCastle. Me and my son Ethan go to the new Route 40 park alot. Just look for the crazy cubby mommy chasing around the blonde headed boy and screaming get back here. JK he listens but is a very active kid for a 40 year old mom. We actually live in Brennan Estates.

Wish I feel for ya!

**starts humming the theme to Murder She Wrote...

DH thinks that "Someone" up above is putting you at those places at WDW at those specific times so that you are there to help. :confused3 I would agree with him except that you're track record there is only 1 out of 3.

Wow, though, that's some pretty crazy stuff to deal with at the "Happiest Place On Earth"!!!

I hope your days of finding dead people are over and you can enjoy all of your upcoming Disney trips with no extra drama like that. Just wondering, though, do you keep in touch with the 70 year old man or his family? Maybe they would be the only ones willing to purposely plan a WDW vacation at the same time as you! :rotfl:

That is too funny. My hairdresser used to live over across from Barbs Farm I forget the name of the develpment and I always thought it was weird she was listed as NewCastle. Me and my son Ethan go to the new Route 40 park alot. Just look for the crazy cubby mommy chasing around the blonde headed boy and screaming get back here. JK he listens but is a very active kid for a 40 year old mom. We actually live in Brennan Estates.

Was it Colton Meadow?? That's where I live!:laughing:. And another weird thing... our son is Ethan too.

Was it Colton Meadow?? That's where I live!:laughing:. And another weird thing... our son is Ethan too.

YES that is the name of the development. Her name was MerriLynn she worked at Micheal Christophers and did my hair at her house. I just couldnt remember the name of the development. Her kids were Carly and Luke they lived on Crestpoint. She moved to Tampa last year. That is crazy you are so close to me. We will have to meet up some time.

So we live less than 10 minutes apart.... We've got to get together. The whole dead people thing is creeping me out. ;)

I know you're all poking good natured fun at OP, but let me just say that I'd hope she (or someone equally trained) would be around if something happened to me or a family member. I've been trained in CPR and for an AED for quite some time now, but I'm horrified at the idea that I might need it someday and completely choke. Thank goodness there are people like OP who will intervene and try to help.

Thank you!

I know you're all poking good natured fun at OP, but let me just say that I'd hope she (or someone equally trained) would be around if something happened to me or a family member. I've been trained in CPR and for an AED for quite some time now, but I'm horrified at the idea that I might need it someday and completely choke. Thank goodness there are people like OP who will intervene and try to help.

Thank you!

I have to completely agree, If this were to happen to me or my DH/children, I would want someone with her qualifications to NOT MIND HER OWN BUSINESS (I think that is how the OP stated it earlier). I have to say, It takes a special person to do what you do, and Thank God you are willing to do it outside of your place of work.

Jennifer:worship:

Awwwlll thanks guys. The first guy left me with a bit of a bad tast in my mouth for Disney. I didnt know if I should post that or not. The CM basically told me RN (almost NP), my DH a RRT, a young guy in the bathroom who was a paramedic and his RN girlfriend to stop helping the man. I was really pissed. He actually yelled at my husband for breaking the bathroom door. The whole time I was yelling you idiot a person is laying on the floor and we can save him go get us an AED. It was a really bad sceen.

The second guy was dead well before anyone realized he was. My guess he had a MI and slumped over in his food. No one really took notice he was sitting in the back part of Cosmic Rays and no one was really near him.

The third older guy was very drunk and it was really hot. He got into the hot tub with me and went down after 10 minutes. Freaky scary but my instincts kicked in and AKL responded faster than MK did. I was really surprised. But he was actually talking to us when they put him in the ambulance. I dont think it matters how long you have been doing my job it just comes to you when you need it. Thank God!!!

Who knows but this is my fate for some reason. The first episode was when me and my husband took our nephews to Disney (pre baby) it was 1999. I am sitting outside of space mountain having a smoke in the designated area when my youngest nephew runs up to me and said Uncle Gene said to get into the bathroom now. Alas my first dead Disney guy. We kick the door off the hinges, get the man out of the stall, attempt CPR before we get told to leave him alone. 20 min later they attempt to revive but by that point I almost wished he didnt make it because the damage would have been severe. I remember thinking that someone is probably looking for him.:sad1:

Next time was 2002 I think. We are eating at a restaurant and this man is sort of slumped over into his food. Gone. Totally gone, dont know how long he was that way but pretty long from my guess. At this point my husband is like what is it with you.:guilty:

2006 at AKL. Again a older man goes down while he is in the hot tub. Saved that sucker though with the help of DH. :thumbsup2

So that is my finding dead guy story/stories I mentioned in the other thread. At one point it had not even been 24 hours since I coded someone at work and I was coding someone in Disney.

Lets hope all further trips are less eventful.;)

Let me just start out by saying that you did a wonderful thing!
Then let me add that when I saw the title of this post: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

I feel for you... that doesn't sound like part of The Happiest Vacation on Earth!

Thank you!

ITA and Three Cheers for IWISHFORDISNEY!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

creeeepy.. sorry you keep running into this situations.. at least someone was saved...

Who knows but this is my fate for some reason. The first episode was when me and my husband took our nephews to Disney (pre baby) it was 1999. I am sitting outside of space mountain having a smoke in the designated area when my youngest nephew runs up to me and said Uncle Gene said to get into the bathroom now. Alas my first dead Disney guy. We kick the door off the hinges, get the man out of the stall, attempt CPR before we get told to leave him alone. 20 min later they attempt to revive but by that point I almost wished he didnt make it because the damage would have been severe. I remember thinking that someone is probably looking for him.:sad1:

Next time was 2002 I think. We are eating at a restaurant and this man is sort of slumped over into his food. Gone. Totally gone, dont know how long he was that way but pretty long from my guess. At this point my husband is like what is it with you.:guilty:

2006 at AKL. Again a older man goes down while he is in the hot tub. Saved that sucker though with the help of DH. :thumbsup2

So that is my finding dead guy story/stories I mentioned in the other thread. At one point it had not even been 24 hours since I coded someone at work and I was coding someone in Disney.

Lets hope all further trips are less eventful.;)

Well, at least you have some saves :-)

PS: Quit the cancer sticks, or we may find YOU croaked at Disney :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter