Why do Disney Cruisers Horde Tubes at Atlantis?

GrnMtnMan

DIS Veteran
I’m back from my annual trip to Atlantis, and I noticed something this trip: folks from the Disney Cruise horde tubes at Aquaventure more than any other cruise line.

I’m wondering why this is and I’m guessing these could be two reasons. First, Disney cruisers are frequent theme and water park visitors, and some folks are used to doing this (i.e., holding onto tube when not in the water) elsewhere. Or second, they’re advised to do so on the ship, either officially through the CMs aboard, or through a persistent urban myth.

Any comments? Am I wrong?

As a regular Atlantis visitor, taking your tube with you when you are not in the water is unusual. A few guests may do it, but those people are weird.:rotfl2:

But seriously…getting a tube in Aquventure’s river system is not difficult…people are always getting on and off and empties float along all the time. Yes, there are moments when a crowd (usually a cruise excursion group) all show up and try to get in the same place, but this is not frequent. You might have to wait a couple minutes for empty tubes to come along, but I don’t think I’ve ever waited more than 5.

But I also know where to get them, and I’m happy to share that info with you:
ASsdsad.jpg

Last edited:
I have to wonder how you know which line passengers are which and if there was only 1 vessel, how can you compare?
Cruisers usually have a different color wrist band, and the cruise line is printed on it. Plus, my timeshare has view of the port and I can see which ships are in which days. And I use this website to see how large the crowds will be each day.

Yes, its an unscientific observation but one I'd bet good money is true.

Last edited:

Do you think it's possible that they either aren't told the rules or are told a rule that is wrong?

Do you think it's possible that they either aren't told the rules or are told a rule that is wrong?
I don' think there's a rule, because nobody stops people from taking tubes out of the water. Its just unnecessary, as there are so many tubes. I've been to Atlantis 10+ times for week-long trips (including over Easter) and they don't run out of tubes....if there are lots of people looking for them in one place, that just means the empty tubes are bunched up elsewhere.

If there are plenty of tubes even while people are taking them out of the water at peak tourist times, then what exactly is the problem?

If there are plenty of tubes even while people are taking them out of the water at peak tourist times, then what exactly is the problem?
No problem....just curious why Disney Cruisers (seemingly) do it more than other lines.

An example of the pile of tubes you might encounter at the best spot to pick them up:
image.jpg

Last edited:
I just spent a week at atlantis as well. I also noticed people taking the tubes back to their lounge chair. I can see why, as there are 4 to 5 ships in port on any given day and tubes can be tough to come by on those days. Although I did not notice which cruisers were hogging them. The one thing that really surprised me though was lounge chair hogging at atlantis is far worse than it is on any cruise ship I've ever been on. Atlantis is a spawling complex and I was just shocked to see all the lounge chairs covered with towels at 9am.

I was just there, off a Disney cruise. No, we were not told or advised to take the tubes out of the water. I wish I was with you though, because I didn't see the bounty of tubes you referred to. I did go through the lazy river stretch where many people stand and wait for tubes, and get them, but never saw them just sitting around. My hubby never did get one when the rest of us did and finally gave up after 15 min or so and never tried again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter