Why did and didn't you do the MK photo shoot?

We were married 4 years ago and didn't do it. Absolutely zero regrets! I've seen some beautiful pictures from MK shoots, but I don't have any regrets in not doing it. It was presented to me as an option and I mentioned it to DH but we were both like "we'd have to get up at what time??" :laughing: It wasn't even the cost, we just didn't like the idea of getting up the crack of dawn and getting into our wedding clothes again, hair again, makeup again, etc. Plus, like PPs have said, it just didn't go with our theme.

HAHA - this was also our exact reason for not doing it....I originally had it worked into our budget but then I found out how EARLY you have to be up and ready....no way!! I am simply not a morning person, nor really a photogenic person....not a good combo for an early morning shoot!!

I appreciate the continued discussion as it gives me some thing to think about. I didn't realize you can do the shoot at a later time.

We did both MK and EPCOT. I love the parks, and I love pics, so both were really cool for me.

I think it just depends on what you really like, but I think I personally would have regretted not doing it when presented with the opportunity.

On a side note, we also had Ty, and he was great. I do agree with Ember that there seems to be a run of dissatisfied brides a while back, but recently (since my wedding is almost a year ago now!) I've seen really great pics.

Here's a link to a thread with a few MK photos. I think there are probably other threads like this.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2177357

We didn't do it, but only because we don't like MK best. We did ours at AK. Though DH wasn't keen on the early hour, he was happy to do it at AK as that is his favorite park. Our photographer, Joe, was really greatabout working with us, as he said he had never done an AK shoot before, nor did he know anyone else at DPS that had. We had a small time snafu at the end, but Joe fixed it for us (didn't have to; we had already had all the contracted time) and took us to Epcot to do some photos there as well. I have about 9 of 4x6 phtos from the BPS hanging in my kitchen/dining room, and I love the 8x10 folio we got as well. No regrets!

We did it because we thought we'd regret not doing it. As it turned out, we regret doing it!

You know, now that I think of it, the couples who do go with Disney Photography for their whole event do seem to have much nicer in park pictures...

This happened to us too! Our photographers at the DP scolded us for using the Roots and the DP pictures are horrible!! I mean the scolding was so bad one of my guests came up afterwards and asked if the photographer was just kidding.

This is an interesting theory. We got the same grilling about using non-Disney photographers from Mike Strickland when he did our MK shoot, and our photos were horrible. Of course, this was not Heidi's experience with Ty, and she used the Roots for her wedding too, but you have to think that if the photographer you get is ticked off at the time, your shots aren't gonna be that great.

Among the poses Mike suggested are...

Gigantor balancing Pocket Groom on her bouquet
020681-0092.jpg

Gigantor attacks!
020681-0077.jpg

Gigantor prevents roof collapse at Main Street Cinema
020681-0052.jpg

Castle begins to tilt as Gigantor shirks her building-propping duties...
020681-0005.jpg

We didn't do it because while I love the MK, getting shots in front of the castle wasn't big in my book, guess it's the anti-princess in me (no offence to all those princesses out there :thumbsup2 ) That's why we did the EPCOT shoot instead, we got very unique pictures that are definitely Disney at a lower price.

We also did only Epcot, because 1) I didn't have the extra $1000 to MK, and 2) you can only have so many pictures of a tiny little couple in front of a big pink castle, then a big purple castle, then a big blue castle, then a big red castle, before it gets really old!!

I'm so happy with our Epcot pictures!! Unlike Carrie, our pictures from Mike came out AMAZING!! And i am also Gigantor next to my DH but our pictures are amazing and I am so happy with them! I am absolutely 150% happy we did the photo shoot! Plus....it was at 730am, instead of 5am!!

our were just posted today!

http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings

Username: Butler Bridal Portrait
Password: 1971

I have not seen many Magic Kingdom shoots that are good.

However, if you want to do a photo shoot in a park, my husband and I did the Epcot photo shoot and they turned out gorgeous.

I think I disliked most of the Magic Kingdom pics I've seen because it's always dark; you have to get up before sunrise. I don't know. To each is own.

The best money I think I spent was on the Epcot photo shoot. I think I would have been disappointed in the Magic Kingdom.

I am an overweight bride, and I think the photographer did an excellent job posing me and finding flattering backgrounds. I'm disappointed in the dessert party pics, but we got some gorgeous portraits.

If you would like to see them, go to: http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings

Password: Freeman / Stewart Portraits
Username: 1971

I think you might enjoy an Epcot photo shoot a great deal. There are so many great backgrounds. And you get sunlight with the pictures!

We also had Randy Chapman as a photographer the rest of the day. The sad thing is that he can no longer take pics in the parks; it has to be a Disney photographer, hence our Sea Breeze point location. You can go to his website and look at a lot of Disney weddings to give you ideas; Randy is AWESOME.

I just wanted to chime in after seeing about the pics in the dark in the MK and also you can shots at other places if you ask and they think it's ok (if no work is being done in the area at the time etc. where you'd get in the way). ie. We wanted a few shots on Main Street and not the carousel, which we got.
Also, our shoot was at 6am and though it depends on the time of year, we missed the dark shots and sunrise altogether...

We did it because I knew I'd regret not doing it. We did it on the morning of the wedding and we had a blast. Every couple is different however. It's what makes the world go round! :goodvibes

Anyway, here are just a couple of our shots

PH148070509-0005.jpg

PH148070509-0007.jpg

PH148070509-0024.jpg

PH148070509-0035.jpg

PH148070509-0031.jpg

I only have the "not terrible" MK photos on my computer... When I get the rest in May, I'll be happy to share the "quality" for others to see. Carrie, I have several that could compete with yours for the title of "Worst MK Photos Ever."

I am not a small lady, but I'm also not big. (I wear size 12.) Ty managed to get a double chin in almost every photo. If I hadn't seen so many other photos from the day, and not just the beautiful professional ones, but the ones from friends and family, I'd have developed a serious complex from my MK pictures! As I said, they also weren't enhanced at all the way Lorelei528's or tiggerrifficheidi's were. Luckily, when I get the high res images I'm perfectly capable of editing them on my own. (And boy do they need it!) We also got that series of one person in the front, the other person in the background... What is up with that?! To be honest, there isn't a single photo, even cleaned up, that I would put on display.

Thanks again everyone. Still don't know what to do. What is the exact cost of MK vs and EPCOT shoot (including tax)? I have talked with Randy about doing a trash the dress shoot and that is a lot more reasonable. Anyone regret doing a trash the dress shoot?

At least if we did it the day of our wedding I would only be getting up early once. Plus I think I would too stressed to sleep anyway, it would save on getting hair & makeup done twice.

For our wedding we will only be in Disney for 4 days. My mom will be with us and she would need us with her most of the time Hoping to go back down just the two of later in the summer and the money would come in handy.

Your posts have really helped! I'm thinking of doing a Honeymoon set instead of Epcot or MK, all dressed up. We're not dressy people so I would rather the "random" pictures that capture us more.

But hey, if all a sudden, we have free $$ floating around...we'll think about it :)

I am too thinking about getting Disney Photos in MK and didn't even realize you could request a specific photographer.
Has anyone gotten wedding photos taken in Hollywood Studios?

Carrie - your commentary cracked me up! I'm now inspired to do the same thing with my DP pictures! :lmao:

I would love to see Hollywood Studio and Animal Kingdom photos.

MegKate-I am from Caribou too. I emailed you right around your wedding date. My mom, who still lives in Caribou, was just down for Christmas. She must have heard from someone in town that you also had a Disney wedding. Small world.

I am too thinking about getting Disney Photos in MK and didn't even realize you could request a specific photographer.
Has anyone gotten wedding photos taken in Hollywood Studios?

Amy-

You can request a specific photographer, but they won't gaurantee that you get them.

I requested 2 different options in hopes we get one of the two.

You can't be serious. :confused:

I would find a new lunch table at work and stop talking to those people about your wedding. What jerks. You do not look even remotely "big" in either picture! I think the dress you picked fits you well. As is the case 99.9% of the time; they are jealous and projecting.

WTH are they talking about! I am seruious, you look beautiful in both dresses, but I really, really love the first one on you. It looks absolutley stunning! Don't listen to them. Like PrincessShea said, they are probably just jealous! You look beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise

You can't be serious. :confused:

I would find a new lunch table at work and stop talking to those people about your wedding. What jerks. You do not look even remotely "big" in either picture! I think the dress you picked fits you well. As is the case 99.9% of the time; they are jealous and projecting.

Thank you PrincessShea. Two of the comments were within a hour or so of each other. I cried when I was alone in my room. It still sticks with me and I get teary eyed thinking about it. I know now not be discussing details with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter