Why Castmembers Hate DVC Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVC-LEROY said:
I'm bad if I can afford DVC. I'm bad if I can't. I'm obviously bad if I'm from certain states in the North East. You can pretty much assume that anyone who stays in a DVC room is bad - mostly, generally that is. People are leaving DVC resorts in droves because we are all mean, rotten bad people who hate vacations, hate Disney and hate anyone who can crack a smile. And that's why we bought in and keep going back again and again - to spread our misery...??? :cool1:

Very good point!!!! Leroy :flower1:

First of all, I agree with Chuck S that this is a troll.

Now, being a Southerner, I could be considered a good gal, however, I did wait until 2000 to buy, so I could be naughty. Where does someone like me fit in???

Seriously, we've only stayed at BCV once, and all other DVC visits have been at OKW. We also always stay one night at HHI on our way home. The CMs at OKW are so incredibly nice. I don't really remember much about BCV as it was crowded and we didn't get much of a chance to get to know the CMs there. At HHI, we normally arrive around midnight to check in. It is amazing to me how pleasant the CM that checks us in is. Last time we were there, she told us, "Hmmm, we seem to have a problem with your reservation." I must have given her the deer in the headlights look. She then laughed and said, "You're only staying one night - that must be a mistake. Surely you can stay longer!!" She was just great! Someday we are going to stay there for a long weekend. That is a great resort!

melkimmom said:
I am in the process of becoming a DVC Member and was very excited about it. After reading this I just feel sad and afraid. I am from PA and not rich. Does that mean that I am going to be consider mean and nasty. I don't want to be a part of anything that will make my family feel less, it would kill me to see anybody (CM's or anyother) treating my family bad or hating them just beacause we are the wrong color, from a certain place, or DVC members. This sure takes the magical part out of the DVC idea. I have been to Disney 5 times, Disneyland 1 time and been to the Disney Cruise 1 time. All of those occacions where magical for me and my girls. All the CMs that we encounter where just wonderful they made us feel like we were in the happiest place on earth. I believed it and wanted to be a part of it. Not anymore, Not like this. I am sorry about what you have and been going thrugh and hope you can forgive and heal, you will be happier then.

Until next time
Margarita

Do not, I repeat do not let this post upset you. We are not even sure if this person is legit. On Internet forums you get people who show up just to start a controversy, we call them Trolls.

If this person truely is a Front Desk manager, I believe their days will be limited with this attitude, what goes around comes around.

We love being members, we have many friends who are CMs and not one has ever told this account to me, and they tell me alot.

I would just take as it as Internet chit chat and nothing more. What resort are you buying into, they are all great. We have stayed at all and like each one for different reasons.

I am sure there are DVC members that are rude but many, many are not as witnessed on these forums.

Hey, Guess what? I'm nice!!!

During our last trip, at check-in (4:30 Sunday PM) they didn't have a NS room for us (our only request). Did I rant? Did I rave? Did I threaten to get Eisner on the phone? No, no and no. I queried our guests, found out that it didn't really matter to them, and told the front desk CM "Smoking is fine with us".

Now I can rest easy once again.

:rolleyes: :earboy2: :rolleyes:

PS Hugs to LibertyBelle - she's the kind of CM that will make DW and I abandon our Home - SSR - for a few stays at OKW!

"Nope, I'll save them the embarassment though and lug my own stuff.. ain't that why they call it luggage?"

LOL!!!
That is hilarious.... :laughing:
never thought of that one before... good one Frozenfinger... :)

Well said, WDWLVR!

Also, when I read (I think it was Bongo's post) about the NE area of the country, I didn't take offense. I just figured then that the majority of the people are from there so that's why the OP mentioned those states. When I read that I realized why he/she originally said that. I'm no longer offended.

But I'm also someone that is not rude or condescending. I enjoyed chatting with any CM I encountered, we're a very chatty family. Any CM that I came across was very friendly, but maybe that's because I was wearing my 'I'M NOT A DVC OWNER' shirt. :rolleyes: Just teasing. :flower1:

Shelby

If any of you have read any other of my posts today, WELL, I can't take my stroller...I can't take my wheelchair...I can't take my EVC...and NOW I CAN'T TAKE MY WIFE!!!!! YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!

Chuck S said:
So...no one else has noticed that the OP was "new", posted 3 inflammatory posts and has "fled"? I still say (s)he is a troll, and possibly not a CM at all.

I agree, and it wouldn't surprise me if Disney reviews this website and may consider the OP as a post designed to chase business away. It bothers me to think that there is actually a "list" and that people are treated badly if they are put on it. Sounds like profiling and harassment of guest if it's true they have such a list.

I go away for a few hours and I come back to find out that cast members hate us. OMG. How will I sleep tonight?

I don't think the OP is a manager. His grammar isn't good enough. Oh wait, I'm sorry, I'm being naughty and I want so badly to be liked.

Please forgive me OP and don't add the HBC family to your list! If I was on a list, we might end up with a room above the construction at the BWV. Wait, I just had that room anyways and I'm always nice.

So how do I get on that list?

HBC

Sammie said:
If this person truely is a Front Desk manager, I believe their days will be limited with this attitude, what goes around comes around.

We love being members, we have many friends who are CMs and not one has ever told this account to me, and they tell me alot.

I would just take as it as Internet chit chat and nothing more. What resort are you buying into, they are all great. We have stayed at all and like each one for different reasons.

I am sure there are DVC members that are rude but many, many are not as witnessed on these forums.

Thank you for your kind and helpful words and I won't let this change our mind about becoming members. It takes a special kind of person to be a CM and this one can't be for real. :rolleyes:

So..... Saratoga Springs hear I come :cheer2: With PA accent and all. Thank you to all who responded here. I will be happy to be called a DVC member in your company :grouphug:

Love

Margarita :wave:

OK. Most DVC Members are Naughty?

And there's what?.... 70,000+ members?

That must be one big List!

Some of the problems that members get upset about DVC should take some steps to correct.

1. Make smoking/non-smoking and handicapped/non-handicapped a class of reservation. That would solve non-smokers being given smoking rooms. They solved the problem of the boardwalk view rooms at BWV by making it a reservation category, I'm sure the front desk cm's had problems with boardwalk view requests and disappointed members. If a non-smoker is forced to take a smoking room or non-handicapped a handicapped room, offer a free change the next morning. Charging $25 or more to be able to breathe in your room is unreasonable.

2. One item that irritates me is the parking situation at BWV. I go round and round and am forced to valet park because they allow too many non-hotel guests into the self park. So I pull up to the valet in a not so good mood (although I would never be rude to a cm). Correct that by offering spaces dedicated to hotel guests or more control at the guard station.

I think the underlying cry in this post is a request for common courtesy. We should not be acting any differently whether we are paying cash or points for a room. Every CM will respond more positively when treated with respect and politeness. No one wants to be abused. Yes, tipping is appropriate even when you will not be handed a bill for your room. And it is proper to tip on the whole amount of your dinner, regardless of whether you received a DVC member discount.

At first I felt offended by the NJ comment but I understand that people in Customer service positions can be targeted unfairly for problems they they personally have not caused. I say if we could all just think about how we would like to be treated when spoken to and how when we go on vacation we don't want to deal with alot of hassles .....both sides can understand these issues. Right? I perosnally will Never yell at a CM or anyone else for that matter, unless they personally treat me or my family with disrespect.

I do undertand that there are people with little to no class, but my experience is that those people have more money than me.......so the idea of "a higher class" of people falls with the working class persons that just want to take their families on a Magical family vacation.

Hopefully we can all treat each other with a little more respect and kindness and this will not be an issue in the future!
:grouphug:

DebbieB said:
Some of the problems that members get upset about DVC should take some steps to correct.

1. Make smoking/non-smoking and handicapped/non-handicapped a class of reservation. That would solve non-smokers being given smoking rooms. They solved the problem of the boardwalk view rooms at BWV by making it a reservation category, I'm sure the front desk cm's had problems with boardwalk view requests and disappointed members. If a non-smoker is forced to take a smoking room or non-handicapped a handicapped room, offer a free change the next morning. Charging $25 or more to be able to breathe in your room is unreasonable.

2. One item that irritates me is the parking situation at BWV. I go round and round and am forced to valet park because they allow too many non-hotel guests into the self park. So I pull up to the valet in a not so good mood (although I would never be rude to a cm). Correct that by offering spaces dedicated to hotel guests or more control at the guard station.
What a great idea!! The only request we ever make is for non-smoking and non-handicap room. My mother has asthma and would not physically be able to stay in the room if it was smoking. My husband is 6' 5" and the shorter sinks in the handicapped rooms really inconveniences him. I would love it if they make those distinct reservation categories. That might relieve some of the problems at check-in. Views, in my opinion, are not that important. All views are still in WDW, simply beautiful.

I don't know you guys, I think this very well could be a CM. You can feel the hatred coming from that post. I think this person worked at the Boardwalk due to the references he's made. I also think it's a female and not a male.

And actually, some of the posts I see here lets me know that the things this CM has to deal with sometimes are true. But to learn that DVC members as a whole are hated by the CMs at these DVC/HOTEL resorts is quite a shock.

As a DVC member who has actually baked cookies or bought a box of candy, and held that special package on my lap during flights (without eating one) for the front desk staff each time I've gone "home", written letters of concern for the CM's after the hurricanes, and gone out of my way to be extra kind to all of them, I'm kind of hurt by this post. I never took gifts for CMs before becoming a DVC member.

OP, if you're not a CM and this post is bogus, I've got something for you...

troll_spray_1_.jpg

I believe that a lot of folks use the DIS DVC forum to vent about issues that bother them. I don't believe that this necessarily means that they treat the CMs they talk to with anything less than respect. I may grumble to my DW about something that I'd never seriously raise a fuss about with someone else....

It sure would be interesting to do an IP check and see "where" the OP is actually from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter