Why can't I use all of my DPs?

Raivyn

Mouseketeer
I received DPs when we purchased in AKV. I have been trying to figure out how to use all of them. I booked one night at GCH, booked a 5 night stay at SSR, and have 2 DPs remaining.

I just called to book a room at GCH at the end of the month, and was hopeful to use the two remaining DPs and my AKV points for the remainder. Turns out I can't use my AKV points because we bought in Kidani, so they can't be used until after May 1 (grrrr).

So the solution offered to me was to free up some DPs by using my AKV points for one night at SSR. But then I would have 4 DPs leftover!! I don't understand why they can't take only the DPs they need from my SSR reservation for the GCH ressie (and make up the difference in my SSR ressie with AKV points). Can they only do transactions for a full days worth of points?

I have to assume that your SSR trip is after May 1st? It would seem that they should be able to do what you want. You are able to combine DP's with regular points for a single days reservations. They might require for you to fully cancel one of the SSR days and rebook it with the AKV/SSR point allocations that you want to use, but with 5 days to choose from I think there's probably at least one of those days it could be done. I also think if you find an experienced CM they will be able to help you out.

I'd call back - more than once if necessary until I found someone that could do this for you.

Thanks for the advice! I thought it as really odd that they couldn't just use my 2 remaining DPs and only use my regular AKV points that I wanted. I'll try calling back tomorrow. :)

I need to go to DL.....work has been hectic and I have a spa day planned.... ;)

Excellent news - I spoke with a CM who allowed me to make the ressie changes I wanted - YAY!

I soooo need a stay at GCH.....thanks for the tip to keep trying. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter