Why can't I book beginning of Jan 2014?

monica9

DIS Veteran
I am trying to see rates for AKL Jan 2014. I am checking in the beginning of the month where it isn't grayed out. Everytime I check it is saying "sorry, but we don't have anything available for that time." I tried other resorts value, moderate and deluxe and all say not available. Anyone else having this problem or know the solution?

I am trying to see rates for AKL Jan 2014. I am checking in the beginning of the month where it isn't grayed out. Everytime I check it is saying "sorry, but we don't have anything available for that time." I tried other resorts value, moderate and deluxe and all say not available. Anyone else having this problem or know the solution?

For anything that far out you will need to call. They haven't determined the 2014 prices yet, so those dates are unavailable online. If you do make a 2014 reservation, they will probably charge you the deposit based on 2013 prices and then adjust it later.

Disney usually doesn't fix the following years prices until August. It's been earlier but August is the norm.

If you make a reservation for 2014 you will only be able to do room only and they will charge you one night deposit based on the highest rate for that room in 2013. So your deposit will be one night based on 2013 Holiday Rate. When the 2014 rates are set they will adjust your rate.

Got it. I just don't get why we were able to book over 12 months in advance for the past two years? If I remember correctly, I booked our sept 2011 package in sept of 2010 w/ free dining and all! I could've sworn we booked our Nov 2012 package back in Dec of 2012 (even though I had to wait for the free dining). Could it be because it was at the end of those years and now I'm trying to book at the beginning of a year?

Got it. I just don't get why we were able to book over 12 months in advance for the past two years? If I remember correctly, I booked our sept 2011 package in sept of 2010 w/ free dining and all! I could've sworn we booked our Nov 2012 package back in Dec of 2012 (even though I had to wait for the free dining). Could it be because it was at the end of those years and now I'm trying to book at the beginning of a year?

Yes -- you could do it because you were booking at the end of year. Around August you will be able to book for the entirety of 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter