• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Can't Disney Get Address Right?

bgohre

Always be the second one in the outhouse. It's goi
So, I'm talking to my mom on the phone, and she says, "oh, you got a post card from Disney for free dining". :banana:

They sent it to my sisters house, where I have NEVER lived, in ANOTHER STATE. Then my mom tells me that my wife got one also. It came to my mom's house, where my wife has NEVER lived, in ANOTHER STATE. :confused3

Now this is a little odd, but, I have a current reservation with Disney so they have my current address. It's great to get the card but it ends before we go so it's no good to us.

Has anybody else had Disney send their mail to random family members address's?

I get stuff for my Mom all the time to my address. I was told I could use it because I am part of the same "household". Luckily her stuff was coming to me and not the other way around. Then I would be out of luck.

This year, I actually got a code, addressed to me, in my very own Email account! They must like me now!

Did you ever go on vacation with them? They may have your wife's name because she did all of the planning but their addresses because they also went. Just a thought.

My wife and I have lived together pretty much from our first trip to Disney. My sisters never plan our trips so how anything got sent there is a mystery to me, they don't even have the same last name as me.

For me, it's an e-mail address issue. No matter how many times I've called, I still receive messages that are intended for my cousin. :confused3 My heart jumps every time I open my inbox and see a new message with Disney Destinations listed as the sender. Then I open the message only to see that it's meant for my cousin who is a Florida resident. I've lost track of the number of times I've called CRO to fix this, but nothing ever seems to work. I think this happened because of the Grand Gathering I booked for the family in 2008. I don't want my cousin messing up my chances of getting another PIN even though I have no idea if this could possibly happen! I haven't gotten anything lately, but I got a ton of them in 2008 and 2009.

It seems completely crazy right?

Disney can setup a themepark attraction that can do the most amazing things.

But they can't setup a standarding mailing database and get it right?

Basically the why of that is that they have the most antiquated booking and reservations systems you can ever even think of ... they are JUST this side of a Commodore 64.. (seriously - this thing is bad!)

Think "dumb terminal with a 1 color green screen from 1984" and you're pretty close to what they use.

And the systems at the actual resorts themselves ... aren't any better.

It's truly a shame they won't invest in this.. I wonder myself how many people SHOULD have gotten mail out offers and never did..

And as a marketing guy - I wonder how this bad system has been affecting their success rate on promotions.

One day, some executive there will make the case and fix it all.. but until that executive gets hired or until someone starts listening to the ones they already have now who are advocating for the upgrade investment...

This is what they got.

I'm having the same problem;

My aunt is planning a Magical Gathering which her mom, my grandmother, is paying for. They live in the South. For some reason, I'm getting all of the reservation information mailed to me in the North, under my Grandmother's name. It's weird. And confusing; now I have to re-send everything back to my aunt!

not to cause panic, but i have planned trips where the luggage tags and reservation info. was sent to a house that none of my family had lived in for a couple of years...:confused3 had to have them mail them again and they barely got here in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter