Why are there so many Boardwalk villas for resale ??

'Cause people got tired walking to their rooms or they got lost and were never found?

Originally posted by Deb & Bill
'Cause people got tired walking to their rooms..........

097.gif

The original BWV owners have owned for over 7 years now. Things change - divorce, lost jobs, family changes, etc. They are more likely to sell than people who bought VWL or BCV more recently. When I bought 4 years ago, there were very few BWV resales around, lots of OKW. As time passes, you'll probably see more VWL & BCV resales.

'Cause people got tired walking to their rooms or they got lost and were never found?

I've even hear that some families were getting together for a class action suit.

There are also a lot of OKW listings on the "big 3" resale boards. I do notice that despite those long walks, tiny rooms and scary clown....those BWV resales just don't seem to last very long!! :p

Ok, this "long walk to the rooms", thing is driving me crazy! I have owned at BWV for three years, and have had the longest walk possible....so what? What do people think they are going to do ALL day in the parks??? I don't remember seeing any chauffered limo's in the parks lately. This is like when I go to the gym to work out, and see people waiting for a parking spot up front!!
Have we gotten THAT lazy? If you have a health condition, or a disability aside, of course, but people, get off your butts, and WALK. Boardwalk offers so many other great amenities, that they outweigh the negatives. We love being so close to EPCOT, that we can WALK there (ooops, sorry that "W" word again!!!)

Tongue in cheek (sort of), but had to get this off my chest..........

I believe (correct me if I"m wrong);) that those selling these BWV contracts:Pinkbounc are just moving to OKW so they can park outside their door and not have to walk :faint: to their rooms WAY down the hall at BWV:crazy:

Because the know I want to purchase MORE BWV points and are being kind...:teeth: :teeth:

Great lighthearted thread!

I believe Paults said it best!
I believe (correct me if I"m wrong) that those selling these BWV contracts are just moving to OKW so they can park outside their door and not have to walk to their rooms WAY down the hall at BWV

:bounce: I am originally from NJ but now live in Fla and was so excited to see a picture of the boardwalk in Belmar. We used to own a bungalow on 17th street-I spent so many summers there!! If yo have any more pictures, please e mail them to me.
Thanks,
Carol Moriarty

Carolmoriarty@comcast.net

Originally posted by BarbR-Atlanta
Ok, this "long walk to the rooms", thing is driving me crazy! I have owned at BWV for three years, and have had the longest walk possible....so what?

Tongue in cheek (sort of), but had to get this off my chest..........

I think you might have taken the "running gag" comments a little too seriously. I'm a BWV owner, and look forward to staying there next year no matter where the room is!

I think tixx asked a pretty straightforward question and got a lot of gag responses.

And don't worry...even Rich stays at BWV during the Wine & Food Fest! ::yes::

I think the only reason why we see more of Boardwalk and OKW for sale is because these were much larger resorts to begin with. Anybody know the numbers on rooms on these two compared to BCV and VWL?

Boardwalk is a terrific resort, just like BCV!

OKW and Boardwalk are really bargains when it comes to point costs per night.

Originally posted by paults
I believe (correct me if I"m wrong);) that those selling these BWV contracts:Pinkbounc are just moving to OKW so they can park outside their door and not have to walk :faint: to their rooms WAY down the hall at BWV:crazy:

And don't forget about the really big rooms. :D

At least I don't have to get in my car and drive somewhere to get something to eat! :rolleyes:
I will walk those looooooooooooooong hallways any day!

Hey Granny-What a Hoot-you are a guy! (I'd LOVE to hear the background behind THAT one [LOL]}!

I probably DID take it a little too seriously...but, sometimes the posters here seem to be genuine when they complain about the hall length. As I was a DIS member in 1999, and have been lurking ever since...I have heard that same retort, over and over, and frankly, I don't believe it's all in fun (?).

I just hate complainers. It seems if you are going to buy into something, you should check it out ahead of time, and quit your beefin'.
There, I've said it-maybe tongue in cheek, maybe not.....!

We've just bought at BWV. I knew about the 'walking issue' before hand. The way I figure it, the walk can not be any worse than the walks to food at the Polynesian or the many long walks at POR. I stayed at both those resorts and didn't mind the walking. We are thrilled to be at BWV...it was my dh's first choice. Bring on those hallways!!!

Well, considering BCV only recently sold out, one would certainly HOPE that a buyer wouldn't make such a big decision only to reverse it 12 mos later! (No return on investment there, for sure)

We've owned at BWV since '99 and my sister has owned at OKW since '93. ANd in those years, we can each name plenty of our friends who have gotten divorced, or lost jobs, or become medically hindered, or found new expenses, like college tuitions, or changed their whole vacation concept (they travel less or closer to home). Some folks have a 9/11 attitude and just don't want to go to "big spots" anymore. So if you look at our narrow slice of demographics, one would have to believe the same would be true amongst our fellow DVC friends. Stuff happens!

Or put another way, Life sometimes gets in the way of livin'. And DVC is a luxury item (tho' many of us might label it a necessity!) And lots of owners who might find themselves in a situation to sell are owners of more than a few years (OKW, Vero, and yes, BWV.)

And after all, if all those BWV folks were just out to buy OKW, there wouldn't be any OKW listing available, now, would there? :)

Before you slam or poke fun at any resort, remember, there are lurkers out there, gathering data on which resale to buy! If they all buy at OKW, just think of the grief we'll endure when Richyams finds he can't get his OKW GV anymore and has to (gasp!) stay at one of those "tiny" rooms down the long, ominous hallway.

I shudder at the thought. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter