Why are Alaskan Cruises so much more expensive?

two things...the OP's question is about COST...not cruise line preference

second, comparing ships should be in equal categories. some of RCL's older ships aren't even in the same class as DCL...BUT if you're going to compare, then you have to compare DCL to RCL's oasis, allure, freedom, quantum. Thats the only way you'll make a fair comparison.

Agreed...........but the big difference is DCL provides their high level of service, unique classic liner design vessels etc. Then they add the Disney experience and pixie dust and families, kids and adults alone, fill their vessels and are willing to pay the higher cost for a better/special experience.

That does not mean some of the other lines/vessel don't deliver a good cruise for the money. Some do, we enjoyed Rccl for example.

DCL is just special.

AKK

Seems totally qualified to make that statement!

Lots on correct information online and in discussions with other people to allow a person to make a fair comparison judgment.

I find it kinda odd anyone else would feel they have the right to tell anyone else what their opinion should be or judge what they know.

AKK

If I'm looking for reviews on RCI, Disney or any other cruise line. I read reviews from people that have actually cruised those lines. If someone that has only cruised Disney tells me that RCI stinks. I just roll my eyes and move on. I know a lot people on these boards jumped ship and booked with other cruise lines in 2015 because the cost of DCL is getting out of reach for them. I look forward to reading their reviews. Hopefully they will come back and report.

No one said you HAD to try other cruise lines, but don't rule out a change of mind down the road.

Again, my family and I like the "disney experience" with the disney theming. So considering the other cruise lines cant give us the disney theming and experience we have no reason to "try" them out.When we go on cruises we are not just going for the destination. If we were then we would just fly there. We are going for the disney experience. So it would make no sense for us to go on a different liner than disney. Some people dont mind not having a disney experience and are fine with just a cruise experience so they are happy going on carnival, royal carribean, princess etc..... that's not us..... not sure how much clearer I can make this......:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter