Who's seen fireworks from Poly beach?

MollyBelle

OMG! Now I have to go back AGAIN!!!
I would like to dine at Ohana on a Sat eve in October...we will have done AK that day, and trying to get dinner for about 6:30 or so...then we'd like to go down and watch fireworks from the beach...two of the three kids present will be preschoolers, so I'd like for them to be able to laugh and talk during it and not worry about disturbing diners...

Does this sound like a plan?

Anyone who has viewed the fireworks from the beach can you comment?

Thanks for any help! :Pinkbounc

p.s. we would not be there a long time, or take up stuff that belonged to resort guests only! I promise!

My wife and I have watched them from there and it is really pretty - a great spot for watching. As for not being a guest (and I hope this does not start a war) I do not think that would be a problem since your doing it along with dinner at Ohanas. And its Disney so kids are supposed to be there and have fun ! :earsboy:

It is nice to watch from the Poly beach, and they do pipe in the music as well. However, I was a bit surprised at how far away it all is. It looks *alot* different (bigger & better) when you are actually in the MK. Also a big part of Wishes is the colors and scenes projected onto the castle and IMO this cannot be seen well enough from the Poly.

I guess what I'm saying is, watch from the Poly beach, but be sure to catch it up close another nite!

I agree that you need to see them close up to get the full effect. However, we love watching the fireworks from the beach at the Poly. No crowds, you can talk and hear the person next to you, and it is so relaxing! Last summer we had a lagoon view room, and watching them from our balcony was great at the end of a long Disney day. You and your children will have a great time, then stay around for the water parade(check for the time the hotel or restaurant).

Laura

We watched from the Poly in March. Great view!

Prior to going out to the beach, we had some snacks & drinks at the Tambu Lounge. No one seemed to mind us going out to the beach.

We watched from thebeach and then from in the pool. You can see the castle from there, but not all the detail of it. No crowds. I enjoyed it.

watching the fire works from the beach is a great time. I'll tell you what we did. We went back and forth from the pool to the lounge chairs on the beach. We took a little football and tossed that around on the beach. Got hot and took a dip. Being in the park is awsome but taking a swim while watching or grabing a chair on the beach while having a drink and munching on snacks is also a wonderful way to do the fireworks. Just thinking about the fun we had makes me want to go back now.

Enjoy the fireworks from the beach and the water parade after.

My first trip to disney Polynesian was in 1984 and we watched the fireworks from the beach and we have always sited that as one of the best memories we have ever had!!!:sunny:

We did this in March 2003. It was a nice view! :)

There was a thread about this a couple months ago. People were saying that non-Poly guests weren't allowed to sit on the Poly beach...that it's the same thing as pool hopping. I don't know if that's true, I'll find out for myself when we go next year. ;) I KNOW pool hopping is against the rules, but not sure about this...

Originally posted by liznboys
There was a thread about this a couple months ago. People were saying that non-Poly guests weren't allowed to sit on the Poly beach...that it's the same thing as pool hopping. I don't know if that's true, I'll find out for myself when we go next year. ;) I KNOW pool hopping is against the rules, but not sure about this...
It is against the rules. There are signs all along the Polynesian beach stating that it is for the exclusive use of Polynesian Resort Guests only. One of the major perks of staying at The Poly is the amazing beach and views over to MK - if this was open to all then the attraction would certainly not be there for me. However I guess if you are having dinner at 'Ohana there isn't a problem - I don't think anyone would mind.

After staying at the Polynesian last summer I have to say that I would have no problem with someone watching the fireworks from the beach area. We did this just one time, but there certainly weren't all that many people there. I think it might get to be a problem if it is July 4. I have heard that people flock to the beach!! You should try to see the fireworks from MK at some point tho. THey are really spectacular there.

Oh, and bring some bug repellant with you. Your ankles can get pretty bitten. That's pretty much the only time I got any bug bites!!

We were there in April and had dinner at O'Hana's and then saw the fireworks from the beach. It was great. The kids got to play in the sand and put their feet in the water while we waited. There were very few people on the beach, so we didn't feel like we were taking space that belonged to someone staying at that hotel. There were even chairs unoccupied.

I agree with the other posters, however, that to truely get the full effect, you need to seem them from the MK as well.

Have a blast!!!

We just did this on May 30. If you follow the link to my May, 2004 pictures, look for the album entitled "Wishes" and you'll see some of the pictures. We actually watched from the dock, not from the beach, and it was very pleasant.

Beth

Thank you for your prompt and positive replies!!!

We will do this, and we will be courteous of resort guests in the process...

Thank you so much!

Molly

My DD and I did this in February. We had Ohana PSs and I almost canceled it b/c it was our 1st night.. I was tired from driving and running late from our room key at POP not working. BUT.. we made it and dinner was great.

The beach was not crowded AT ALL (maybe 2 or 3 other families) and we were out in front of the volcano pool. DD and I sat on a lounge chair together (she was only 2 1/2). It was nice to see it from there for the 1st time. We saw it later in MK that week and that was priceless in itself.. w/ the music etc.

So to answer your OP.. yes.. i've seen it from the beach at Poly and it was very delightful! Enjoy dinner and the show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter