Who's sailing JAN 19th seven day

After seeing that so many of you signed up for the Golden Eagle Catamaran, I did a search and read some posts and it sounds like a blast! My 9-year-old daughter and I are now booked on the morning outing of the Golden Eagle Catamaran, as well.

I'm still deciding about excursions for St. Thomas/St. John. I'm leaning towards just grabbing a cab and going to Magen's Bay on St. Thomas for a while and then maybe taking the tram up to Paradise Point before going back on the ship.

julie junebug -
We are practically neighbors! I live in Vadnais Heights. My daughter goes to Otter Lake Elementary - how about yours?

MickeyMagic

I know that there are 2 Golden Eagle catamaran excursions, does anyone know what time they run? I was thinking that since it was January, it might be warmer to do the one in the afternoon.

Also, has anyone done this before? I have 2 children (11 and 5)...will they enjoy it?

Thanks!!!
:) :)

The excursion times are 7:45 and 12:45.

We (DH and I) did the Golden Eagle in October 2001 and enjoyed it so much we are doing it again on the January 19 cruise.

We did the morning excursion, returned to the ship to shower and have lunch from room service, and then shopped in St. Maarten until 5:00 p.m. This schedule worked out really well for us.

The parents and kids that we talked with on our return catamaran ride back to the ship from the beach/snorkel portion of our excursion said that they had a great time.

I've read that snorkeling is best in the morning and that's why DW and DD 7 and myself are taking the morning excursion. I agree with the previous post that afterwards you can go back to the ship and cleanup for the afternoon,

Irish Cowboy,

I thought maybe it would be less windy in the morning so we would have calmer waters to swim, snorkel and sail! But, I really have no idea if that is true!

It seemed like the morning excursion would work well: We would be back to the ship early afternoon, grab a bite to eat, and then head out to do a little shopping.

Hope you'll join us!
MickeyMagic

OK- I am convinced!!

I would like to sign up for the morning Golden Eagle with my DD(8.5) but I am not sure how to do this. I have not gotten any docs yet and I have booked through Costco.

Any suggestions?? Thanks

Happy Cruisin' MNmom
:jester:

Call DCL at 877-566-0968 and they can take your excursion reservation. I wouldn't be worried about not receiving your documents yet. From what I've read they normally arrive somewhere between 2 - 5 weeks before the cruise. We're at 6 weeks plus.

Yes MickeyMagic, I'm sure we're almost neighbors! We live just south of Hwy 96, a few stoplights across the freeway from Vadnais Heights. My daughter is in 1st grade at Centerpoint/Parkview school. She doesn't know where we're going on our vacation yet. It's fun giving her hints, but I don't think she even knows a Disney cruise exists! Boy will she be suprised!

Now I'm considering re-booking for the morning catamaran trip instead of the afternoon, since so many people seem to be going then. Too many decisions!

Looks like we're the only ones doing the afternoon Golden Eagle! I'm looking forward to sipping drinks as the sun starts to set :) - hopefully the snorkeling will be OK. Georgiavol - yes, we should connect - as I said my boys are 10 and 12 (actually, my 12 year old turns 13 just before the cruise but I am keeping him in the younger group for the kids club). Hopefully we can find a way to meet! Also, Gretel (lucy) - I will e-mail you our info - thanks for making the list for all of us!

Can't wait!!!

WOW.......I am counting 20 DIS families on the Jan 19 cruise!

I am making a list (and checking it twice) lol

Lisa (gretel)

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so I hope I do it right.:rolleyes: My family will also be cruising on Jan. 19th. It will be DH, myself, DD(14), and DS(6). This will be our first 7 day cruise, we were on the Wonder back in May of 2000 and loved it!!!

Also, we will be staying at the Radisson on Friday night. Hope to see some of you there:D

Joni:jester:

Yes you did it right. Be sure to add your name to the who's cruising list on the top of the cruise line forum page

My count shows us at 16. Who's missing?

I am putting together a list of DISers on the Jan 19th cruise. If you have not emailed your info to me yet please do. So far I have:
poohbr618
pmgreene
Jhalkias
MNmom
jmunutt
SC Minnie
Gretel (me)
Boardwalk III
Pluto4President
MickeyMagic
Towncrier
jmac

I still need info on:
IrishCowboy
albiats
disny4ever
DVC Minnie
castawayfan
tlw
julie junebug
GeorgeVol
Vnyrdcrsr

Email sent this morning. See you in January.

It looks like there are a bunch of us from Ohio. Perhaps we should have gotten together and chartered a jet. :)

You can add me to your list for Jan. 19th cruise....
DH and DD~~13

Looking forward to our cruise

We will also be going on the 19th. There are 14 of us traveling for a family reunion. 8 adults and 6 kids (13, 9, 5, 4, 23months, and 22 months). My family and my parents will be staying at the Radisson on the 18th. So, please put all of us on the list (four Cat 4 rooms)

Buzz'sMom, I see your from the Springs! We lived there for 20 yrs before moving to TN. Anybody get their Documents yet? I know its a little early but I see where some sailing the week before have started getting theirs...Just waiting on that Fedex Truck!:D

I am putting together a list of DISers on the Jan 19th cruise. If you have not emailed your info to me yet please do. So far I have:
poohbr618
pmgreene
Jhalkias
MNmom
jmunutt
SC Minnie
Gretel (me)
Boardwalk III
Pluto4President
MickeyMagic
Towncrier
jmac
julie junebug

I still need info on:
IrishCowboy
albiats
disny4ever
DVC Minnie
castawayfan
tlw
GeorgeVol
Vnyrdcrsr
buzz's mom
DizC1288

Last count 21.....If I am missing anyone I apologize.
Please send names, ages of children, dining rotation, excursions, Cat or Stateroom number and where you are from. Also some have included where they are staying the night before. It is going to be a great cruise!

Lisa
aka gretel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter