Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

Does anyone remember when the past discounts came out for end of May??

Congrats to those getting pins!!! If I do happen to get one, I hope mine extends to the end of May.............darn school!!!

Looking back through old emails they always showed up around the first to middle of January

Congrats to those getting pins!!! If I do happen to get one, I hope mine extends to the end of May.............darn school!!!

Without going back and looking at Mousesavers, I think I remember that some discounts came out in November and more followed in January.

We are already taking our son out of school two days early so we can't leave any earlier either.

We're booked through AAA just so we get some sort of discount and for the couple of extra small perks. It didn't save us much though. I think it's just 10% off the room.

Just 10%. Hum, I think I'll wait and see if anything else comes out.

rabell said:
Looking back through old emails they always showed up around the first to middle of January

That's just in my emails the past three years.

mickeystoontown said:
Without going back and looking at Mousesavers, I think I remember that some discounts came out in November and more followed in January.

That's great! It's killing me waiting for January. I hope some do come out next month.

I have never, ever, EVER received a PIN! :(

But in the event that I AM lucky enough to receive one this year I was just wondering what the emails look like (so that I can be sure I don't over look it as junk mail). Does it come directly from Disney? What's the subject line of the email? Just curious! We booked our airfare last night so now we're just waiting for a decent deal to come our way!

Those who are receiving pins in their email, do you already have your trip booked? I am wondering if this could be a reason why I haven't received an email pin, since I haven't booked our trip yet. :confused3

But in the event that I AM lucky enough to receive one this year I was just wondering what the emails look like (so that I can be sure I don't over look it as junk mail). Does it come directly from Disney? What's the subject line of the email? Just curious! We booked our airfare last night so now we're just waiting for a decent deal to come our way!

They come from Disney Destinations

mickeystoontown said:

That's great! It's killing me waiting for January. I hope some do come out next month.

I went back and looked at Mousesavers and found the following info regarding general public discounts:

2012:
Travel dates: April 13 to June 14th, 2012
Offer: 5% to 30% off room only
Offer release date: November 30, 2011

Travel dates: April 13 to June 14th, 2012
Offer: 5% to 30% off room only
Offer release date: February 29, 2012

**Sounds like in 2011, the resorts weren't booking as well as they initially thought for 2012 so they released the same offer twice to get them filled.

2011:
Travel dates: April 28th to June 14, 2011
Offer: Package deal ("kids stay and play free")
Offer release date: January 3, 2011

Travel dates: April 28th to June 14, 2011
Offer: 15% to 35% off room only
Offer release date: January 3, 2011

Travel dates: May 27th to June 2nd, 2011
Offer: Package deal ("free dining")
Offer release date: August 16, 2010

Travel dates: May 29th to August 13, 2011
Offer: 25% to 30% off room only
Offer release date: May 1, 2011

**The May 27th to June 2nd free dining offer was a one time thing. I've not seen them have free dining to the general public during those travel dates before or after then.

Those who are receiving pins in their email, do you already have your trip booked? I am wondering if this could be a reason why I haven't received an email pin, since I haven't booked our trip yet. :confused3

Both Lacey and Mama had pins associated with their Disney accounts and both have vacation packages booked for 2013.

I just posted the 2011 and 2012 special offer release dates. Hope this helps.

I received the pin yesterday too. I have not stayed onsite the last 2 years so that is probably why I have been getting the pins. It did apply for my dates of May 18-24 for the 30% savings but I have a package so I am hoping they extend the stay play dine for a bigger savings.

I just went into my emails from our May 2009 vacation and we got an email on Nov 11, 2008 offering free dining for travel dates of 4/29/09 - 5/21/09. So I guess the offers could come out at anytime? :confused3

Mine was a Disney Destinations email. It was titled "Visit Again and Save at WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort!"

I figured it was telling me about the deals that came out yesterday to the GP but it included Free Dining for Jan 2 - March 7 and Room Only discounts for lots of dates through May 22 and some from August to September.

Don't be discouraged. I had never received one either and figured I would not receive one. However, we did get fortunate and I'm excited about that.

I didn't have my trip booked, but I don't know if that is why I got it. It same visit again and save. Since the PIN covered the dates I went last year (January), I figured it was because of that. Couldn't tell you for sure though.

We are going May 13-24 and already have the trip booked. Is it possible to have a pin attached to my name and not know?If it is possible, should I call Disney and see?

Sorry, new to this all.

We are going May 13-24 and already have the trip booked. Is it possible to have a pin attached to my name and not know?If it is possible, should I call Disney and see?

Sorry, new to this all.

It's definitely a possibility. Neither my mother nor my daughter knew that they had pin codes attached to their names. They didn't receive any notification via email or snail mail. I found out when I called.

You guys are GREAT!!! Thanks for the past dates.

At least I can tell myself to stop thinking about it until November. then if nothing comes out, I'll wait for January.

I'm ready to give them my money.................they just don't want to take it yet :rotfl2:

If no discount is offered for that end of May time, I'll just cough up the rack rate...................which I have not had to do for the last 3 years. Fingers crossed!!!

You guys are GREAT!!! Thanks for the past dates.

At least I can tell myself to stop thinking about it until November. then if nothing comes out, I'll wait for January.

I'm ready to give them my money.................they just don't want to take it yet :rotfl2:

If no discount is offered for that end of May time, I'll just cough up the rack rate...................which I have not had to do for the last 3 years. Fingers crossed!!!

I haven't paid rack rates for at least four, probably more, since we started staying onsite 8 years ago. Most of our 17 trips have been during May so I''m pretty sure there will be some sort of discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter