Who's in for GREECE and TURKEY, June 15 2003????

Looks like California will be well represented on this cruise!

Marianne

I just updated my info on the spreadsheet. My oldest DD took a quick look at the growing list and she is hoping with a lot of pixie dust that another DD 13 will be joining in.

I also enable the filter feature to sort the spreadsheet based on any of the columns e.g. names, locations, etc.

Yeah!:cool1:

My DD will be 12 on the cruise. Not quite 13!

Hello fellow Californian!! You fly back for Giant's games??

kim

Yes I always make it at least for opening day:banana: so will be there on 4/13 leaving DH and the girls (our two long hair dachshunds) behind to meet up with my BFF. Also try to catch a few games on the east coast like in DC. Of course I came home in 2010 for games 1 & 2 of the World Series. Sue

Looks like California will be well represented on this cruise!

Marianne

Hi Marianne
DSIS who is coming with us is also a native Californian so my group of 7 has 3 of us! My BIL says he should count because he has been married to DSIS for over 30 years.:rotfl2: Told him since he has never lived a day in CA he doesnt count! Sue

Hi nzdisneymom- where in north florida are you? We are in fort walton.

We're in the Capital City :) 4 hours from WDW :) We talked about moving to Pensacola once but I told DH that would put WDW out of weekend-distance so no thank you. And they don't (or at least at the time didn't) have a Publix.

Grizbuzz, welcome to the list!

Geri,

I noticed that you are from the Northern Bay Area. DW(Laura) grew up in San Jose and did her undergraduate work at the University of the Pacific in Stockton.

I can't help it, I bring West Texas to wherever I go. You know West Texas, every spring it gets in your clothes, lungs and hair, and there's not a thing you can do but take it with you. :rotfl:

Bill

Hi, Bill!

I noticed that you are from Lubbock, Texas. Well, just to let you know, I attended Texas Tech University during my 1st year of college. So, thank you for bringing the West Texas to the cruise next year!

Geri

I am still a season ticket holder of the SF Giants. Great to be cruising with you and all of the other gread Dis folks. Sue
You will probably run into us quite a bit as my DH has been a diehard Giants fan for a very long time, even when they weren't doing so well. ;) And following in his fathers footsteps so is my DS. They strut around in their Giants and 49er and Sharks t-shirts pretty proudly. Feel free to stop us any time! :woohoo:
Back to catch up on the rest of these posts!
I am bouncing back between reading posts and going through all the slides on the DCL website for the different ports. I keep asking myself, how the heck are we going to fit all we want to see in this cruise. You repeat cruisers have already answered me. BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE! :cloud9::cool1: The other question to be determined is how many days earlier do we fly in. I am thinking using DVC points for DLP. But it is a ways away. Off to plan :surfweb:
Sue

The other question to be determined is how many days earlier do we fly in. I am thinking using DVC points for DLP. But it is a ways away. Off to plan :surfweb:
Sue

Be sure you leave time in your pre-cruise plans to see Barcelona if you've not been there before. We made the mistake of not allowing time to see Barcelona before so we missed it as a port of call. We were so used to sailing from Port Canaveral which to us is just a departure point whereas Barcelona was more than that. Or stay later at the end to see the city before heading for home.

Be sure you leave time in your pre-cruise plans to see Barcelona if you've not been there before. We made the mistake of not allowing time to see Barcelona before so we missed it as a port of call. We were so used to sailing from Port Canaveral which to us is just a departure point whereas Barcelona was more than that. Or stay later at the end to see the city before heading for home.

In 2007, we took an early flight from Paris went straight to the Magic from the airport, checked in and then took a cab to Sagrada Familia. We then walked to La Rambla, towards the end (near the Columbus statue) we grabbed another cab back to the port. We had a good 3 hours to soak up the city

You are great! I am right there with you. Been obsessed since the early 1950s yes I am dating myself! One of your posts indicated you were from the Bay Area. I am from San Carlos and lived there up until 11 years ago when DH and i moved to Williamsburg VA. I am still a season ticket holder of the SF Giants. Great to be cruising with you and all of the other gread Dis folks. Sue
No way... are you really from San Carlos, CA? So, am I. I grew up on Tamarack two house down from St Charles and Brittain Acres. I live in Sacramento and have been here since college. I haven't been home in years since nobody I know really lives there any more. What a small world? What street did you live on? I went to Brittain Acres, Central Middle School and Sequoia HS. San Carlos HS closed the year I started high school. My brother went there 3 years and finished his senior year at Sequoia.

I finally was able to book this cruise. It's me, DH, DS (9), DS (6) (at time of cruise). I was really surprised how expensive this one is. I guess we were really spoiled with the mega discount Disney put out for the Med cruise back in May 2010. Here's to hoping they will do something like that again. In the meantime, I can save up and hope that DH agrees on doing the trip.

We're in the Capital City :) 4 hours from WDW :) We talked about moving to Pensacola once but I told DH that would put WDW out of weekend-distance so no thank you. And they don't (or at least at the time didn't) have a Publix.

Grizbuzz, welcome to the list!

Both of my boys went to FSU so have spent some time there and sent lots of $$$. They graduated in 08 & 10. We have lots of Publix now:yay:. I would love to be closer but the Air force sent us here and I love the beach!!!

Geri,
I noticed that you are from the Northern Bay Area. DW(Laura) grew up in San Jose and did her undergraduate work at the University of the Pacific in Stockton.
Bill

I, also, am from San Jose. What neighborhood (I lived in Evergreen) and how long ago did your wife live there?

kim

Mt. Pleasant 1992. Small world....

Hi, Kim:

I grew up in San Jose. I attended Trace Elementary School, and Hoover Jr. HIgh School. I also graduated from Presentation High School.

My grandfather's farm was bought out by the state so that they can build Independence High School.

What a small world!

Hi, Bill:

That's great! I bring out my Red Raider gear everytime a Longhorn, A&M, OSU, or any college games in the Texas & Oklahoma region play in TV.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the cruise.

To all:

I started my list and my Turkish friend told me that taking a Dolmus, a mini-bus, is the least expensive way to travel along the coast. She is so excited for my family. They are thinking about going, too!

Yeah!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter