Who's from Long Island, NY

How can I forget "DISNYBUG". We live in the same neighbor hood!!!
I knew there was one other plate I forgot!!!! Sorry....

OK.. How's going to the F&W festival in early Nov.???

Rob

raised in southold, class of 71, lived in greenport for many years, aquebogue since 1989, dvc since 2003, should have done it in 96 when we first took tour, owners at okw,bcv,bwv, 1 contract and 2 bcv add ons through disney and the okw and bwv through resale
we go 2-3 times a year, first trip was our honeymoon in 89
several trips with campeer to fort wilderness, now dvc
i'm retired from sheriff's dept and dw and i are per diem nurses at central suffolk hospital
have the stars and stripes mouse ear antennae topper
went to homecoming in may, and as you can see by the counter it's not too long until f&w and mnsshp
long island certainly has changed since i grew up, no longer the rural place i remember so well, we will probably be relocating to vermont in a few years, already own a house up there:wave2:

Long Islander all my life. Grew up in Bay Shore, grad of class of '69, and have lived in East Yaphank for 35 years now. We also just built a house in Jensen Beach, FL and hope to be there full time in 2 years or so (much closer to WDW!). Have a great day everyone!

Born, raised. and remain in Brightwaters to this day. I love everything about the Island except winter.

Born in Smithtown, moved to Hampton Bays when I was 5, graduated from Mercy HS, moved Upstate NY 12 yrs ago, but still own property on LI....does that still count:D . Tons of cousins on LI still, and several are DVC member too.

Walter, my brother lives in Front Royal, I think they are in the NY Club....are you?:bounce:

Live in Malverne, teach in Valley Stream. Have yet to see your wonderful license plates, but I will be on the lookout.

I Grew up in Port Jeff Station, and the last 25 or so years we've been in Wading river. Our next trip to the BW is in early Nov. I go to the Gym in Rocky Pt., and work in Westbury.

Born in Commack, moved to Holtsville when I was 1, then moved to Sag Harbor when I was 7; got married in '87 and moved to Southampton, been here 16 years. I have a Canada Mickey antennae topper and a HHI decal on the back of my maroon suburban. Don't flame me but I don't like living here anymore; way too many people taking away the natural beauty imho. Planning on moving in about 10 years to Hilton Head area. (Hate hate hate the winters on Long Island!!)

Live in Lindenhurst work in Babylon. We have owned since 2001 and have added on since. We are raising 2 Disney teens and we are suceeding in making them just as obsessed as us. Everytime I see an Antenna topper or disney license plate I always wonder if they are DVC memebers.

We were at a block party on sat. We were intruduced as Disney experts to a couple that are going in dec for the first time with their 3 boys (2,5,8). The husband described the trip as having to do it now to get Disney out of the way (some people just don't get it). I told them that they are going at the busiest time of the year. If they are going to have fun they have to go with the attitude that they are not there to see it all they are just there to have fun with their boys. I hate being asked why do you keep going there by people that just don't get it.

Its funny how every time we go down to disney we meet so many Long Islanders. We were at the Luau one year, we sat down next to a couple from W. Islip, we all couldn't stop laughing it was a real fun evening. When we took the Disney cruise we got in an elevator and just from all the conversations in the elevator we all figured out we were all mostly from L.I. except one lone person LOL.

Sorry for the long post. My conclusion is that we Long Islanders love Disney, and it is always fun to meet fellow Long Islanders when we are there.

:wave:
another 1 (really 4 ;) ).
born in NJ, raised in deer park, babylon village for a year, & back to DP for the past 20 years.
i've traveled all over the country (with parents, & as an adult) & i still LOVE long island ~ there is soooo much to do here: beautiful beaches (love our town beaches), the east end, NYC within driving distance...........we're lucky enough to live in a vacation area without being outnumbered by tourists.
long islanders are also some of the friendliest people in the world. we enjoy talking with ppl where ever we go ~ more often than not, the only "perfect strangers" that will chat, offer a seat on a bus, let someone ahead on a line are from LI :teeth:

i'm so glad my parents took me around the country ~ otherwise i might have become one of those displaced LIer's who left only to regret their decision (& we ALL know ppl like that ::yes:: ).

Moved here to Plainview in 1998. Love it here.

Moved from Flushing Queens

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at WDW last October...returning for our first aniversary this year...F&W fest. is worth it!! As well as everything else...of course!!! anyone else from the area going down between Oct. 14-19???:bounce: :Pinkbounc

hey we dont like port jeff people .. ha chris.. we have been members since 93 . we love it too/:cool:

We're in Middle Island, right off Whiskey Road.. I'm originally from Port Washington, Wife's from Jericho. Moved out here in January when we had a house built, and absolutely love it. Work in New Hyde Park, wife teaches in Flushing.

Members since '99, BWV.

Originally posted by canwegosoon
Born in Smithtown, moved to Hampton Bays when I was 5, graduated from Mercy HS, moved Upstate NY 12 yrs ago, but still own property on LI....does that still count:D . Tons of cousins on LI still, and several are DVC member too.

Walter, my brother lives in Front Royal, I think they are in the NY Club....are you?:bounce:
wow I went to Mercy too!!! Left there after 10th grade. What year are you? I graduated in 1989. Still have scars from Mrs. Fellingham LOL

After reading the post about N.J. I just knew that the Islanders would pull together.

I grew up in Bellport ( Class of 87) and my wife is from Miller Place ( class of 89). We have resided in Wading River for the past 6 years and love LONG ISLAND.

Some of our local Favorites:
*Briermere Farms, Baiting Hollow - Pies and cookies.
*Lewin's Farm Stand, Wading River
*Tanger Outlets, Riverhead
*Peconic Bay Beach, Hampton Bays
*Wild Wood State Park, Wading River
*Gateway Playhouse, Bellport
*Mamma Lombardis, Holbrook - Pizza and panninis
* Pasta Pasta, Port Jefferson
* McNulty's Ice Cream, Miller Place

Born in Queens, raised in Mt. Sinai, live in Shoreham......moving South! Will miss it but ..... well, it's time! Nothing negative to say here....just time to try something new! :)

I'm an "Island" girl......Island Park, that is. Moved to Jersey too many moons ago. Miss that salt air, flat lands and good old "New York Bagels".::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter