Who's doing the "mom" contest that was announced?

I just entered...did anyone else have wordcount problems? I'm so frustrated! I finished it with like 2 words or 1 word left in each box, and then hit submit and it told me I was five words over in each category...so I'd cut, and it'd still tell me I was over!:mad:

Did anyone actually mention the Disboards in their answer? I didn't, but just wondering...

I mentioned how I gave someone WDW advice in a job interview. I also had in about DD spotting a hidden mickey on our patio, but had to cut it when the page kept insisting I had too many words!

I mentioned "Unofficial Disney boards." I didn't know if saying Disboards was good or not.

I did mine this week too! I tried to be creative, but you never know what they are looking for. can you imagine whomever is reading those 10,000 entries?!!

I did! I did! I did!
My husbend helped me and he is a great writer!!! He writes short stories for my kids all the time. But if I don't win I really hope it's a Diser!!!

I applied...I was so excited I thought about my answers for days. I keep dreaming I will win...but I don't really know what they are looking for. Also...I am not sure how they are really going to read 10,000 responses. Anyway - it was worth a shot...I'd love to hear about it if someone from these boards made it to the next round!!

Count me in!

I'm sure the Dis will get a few Moms! There's too much knowledge here to pass up!!

Good luck to all!

Well I am a bit annoyed. I applied and when I hit submit it said basically too bad so sad we reached our quota. This was earlier today. Why bother putting the application up if you can't submit it?!:headache: :mad:

Well I am a bit annoyed. I applied and when I hit submit it said basically too bad so sad we reached our quota. This was earlier today. Why bother putting the application up if you can't submit it?!:headache: :mad:

:eek: I'm shocked...I did mine earlier today too! I must've just made it in!

We have reached our maximum capacity of 10,000 applications. Therefore, our application period has concluded at this time. Your interest in the panel is very important to us. Please come back in January and meet the panelists, ask your questions and learn how to get the most from your vacation!
Thanks for visiting!

I'm so glad I got it in on time. I've been working on my app all week, just didn't hit submit! I can't believe they filled up weeks before they expected! I just wonder how they are going to enforce the 8 posts a week thing. They are awarding the trip before the work needs done, so what if someone takes the trip and then doesn't do anything? I wonder if everyone who responded even knows about the 8 posts or just did it for the trip.

May I just say AHHHHHHHH PICKLES! on your behalf. That amazes me that it filled up in 1 week! WOW!

i can't believe they are up to 10,000 entries already :eek: . I would so loved to get picked. This would be my dream job since I'm a SAHM and on the DIS and TGM anyway. But I sure a few DIS mom's get picked :) . When do we find out the finalists? I think in October :confused3 ,right? Probably the week I'll be in Disney, LOL.

I applied last week. How cool would it be if someone from our Dis community got it! Do you know when they are suppose to announce the winners. Goodluck everyone!

I went to the site to see the entry information, I should have printed it when I applied. The site says they have reached their 10,000 ap limit and to check back in January and visit the panel. Doesnt that seem like a short amount of time to get a lot of work done?
oh well,
good luck to allof us who made the cutoff!
:goodvibes:

I applied because as a parent of 2 daughters that have spina bifida and use wheelchairs I'm hoping that they pick a parent that will be able to answer and offer advice to those people needing help planning a vacation with someone that has a disability.

On the downside I wonder how much the form 1099 is going to show that will be issed to the winners.

Cindy

I entered. DH made sure I entered. I think my answers were a little lame too. It was so hard to get everything I wanted to say into 100 words. I hope I win or someone from the boards win. It would be a really cool experince. :earsboy:

I so should win that contest. I know I won't, because it was too hard to put it all in the word count...but guess what I'm doing right now? Planning a friends WDW trip!!! She told me she figured it would cost $3500 for her family of 5! (one infant). I'm like...no way. So I'm breaking down all the aspects of her trip. I mean, if it costs my family 1500 all inclusive with three, there's no way 2 kids would add 2000!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter