Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

My next major trip as of now will be in 2020. I am already thinking of that trip. Just only way I can do that is if I live in FL. We would be celebrating my son's 5th birthday.

In 2020, what age will your son be? For my son's first trip, he was eight. It was a great age for him to go and really enjoy the rides and all the extra things. My daughter was two and a half at the time and she was a bit cranky. Especially since we were there in late May and the HEAT was unbearable. So, my husband and I would trade off and take my son to do some things alone when it wasn't feasible to do things all together with the four of us.

Hmmm... I can not honestly remember the PTR I was reading. I was just hopping around reading different ones. Sometimes it's hard to read them cause it makes me want to go back naaaoooww and not 2.4 years away :guilty:

If you want a recap of the Trek though I know Saintstickets has it in his... I think second to last trip report. Very excellent TR!

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have to check it out!

Looking forward to seeing the parade pics! And I love that big Minnie bag!

I LOVE my Minnie bag and the price wasn't bad either. I think it was right around 25.00. I like that it zips at the top, so if it dumps over nothing spills out.

im sooo glad im not the only one planning this far ahead! hahaha although, we ARE going this thanksgiving :love:, we wont be able to return until 2017! the trip in 2017 will be our biggest trip with my little one though...we'll be there for a week, and the ones we're taking now have just been a few days...so im looking forward to that trip!!

How old will your little one be in 2017? It is nice to go for a longer time period, just so you can slow the pace down a bit. With my own daughter, even at the age of 12, she needs her down time to cut back and relax at the resort.

Happy planning everyone!

In 2020, what age will your son be? For my son's first trip, he was eight. It was a great age for him to go and really enjoy the rides and all the extra things. My daughter was two and a half at the time and she was a bit cranky. Especially since we were there in late May and the HEAT was unbearable. So, my husband and I would trade off and take my son to do some things alone when it wasn't feasible to do things all together with the four of us.

Sorry 2019. He will be 5. My sister took her oldest for his 5th birthday in Oct and it was so much fun. I want to do it again. He was born in Oct so its great time. But as I said it would only be based on if we live back in Florida again cause even for my husband and I to go in Dec is a bit of a pain and its more because of the flights.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have to check it out!

I LOVE my Minnie bag and the price wasn't bad either. I think it was right around 25.00. I like that it zips at the top, so if it dumps over nothing spills out.

How old will your little one be in 2017? It is nice to go for a longer time period, just so you can slow the pace down a bit. With my own daughter, even at the age of 12, she needs her down time to cut back and relax at the resort.

Happy planning everyone!
my little one will be 3 and a half in 2017...she just turned 2 this june and we plan on going in february or march in 2017! i'm sooo excited to take alonger Disney trip...will be her 3rd trip and she'll really get to do just about everything by then!

Hi, everyone! I'd like to join the planning too! My DD and I just got back last week from a trip (without DH, who isn't a Disney fan but I'm not letting that stop me anymore life is too short and you can't get enough Disney) and I'm counting on you all to see me through til the next time! I'm planning something special for 2017, when DD graduates middle school.

Let me introduce myself. I'm a teacher, ESL to first graders; it was a career change for me and 8 years in, I'm still loving the kids. Every year I get to share their enthusiasm and love and sense of excitement! I'm married 20 years to the previously mentioned non-Disney fan, which wasn't a problem for the first 16 years because I hadn't discovered what a fan I am (although the signs were there, now that I took back). We have a terrific 11yo DD, and she and I fuel each other's Disney side, from singing "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" at random times and collapsing into giggles, to keeping each other company when we just have to see Nemo, or Mary Poppins, or Lion King ... and now there's that life-sized Stitch sitting in her rocking chair, ready for hugs anytime they're needed!

We've been to WDW four times, the first two with DH. Then we planned #3 with DGM, and DH said to count him out. But, as some of you have mentioned, they don't like missing out on the memories! DH still didn't want to go on #4, though, so DD and I had WDW all to ourselves. All four times , we stayed at values (ASMu, ASM, AoA), and I do love them. Especially the three amigos pool and 40-ft Ursula! But...

DH is now on board for a super celebration trip, whatever we can save for in 2 years with no other trips in between. I don't know where to start! The smallest room at a deluxe? Bigger room at a moderate? Family suite at one of my favorites? AKL? DDP with TS? Tours? Classes? Walking to our favorite park, which would be almost like living there? All of these would be new to us, and I am looking forward to expanding our horizons.

Like many of you, I'm going to have so much fun pricing out several trips. And now I'm trying to get up to speed on terms like "rack rate" and "stacking" (as in no, you can't) and UOC. Anything that will help me pour on the "special"!

I'll follow along, and share in the dreaming, if you don't mind...

So a wonderful thing has happened! I posted previously that we were planning for November 2017. We also plan to buy our first house early 2017. I had mentioned to the DFi that its going to be hard to spend the money on a trip after buying a house, never really seriously thinking it would change anything. Except it sunk in and last week he mentioned we should just go next year. I shrugged it off not really believing him, that he was playing with me. I think it was the next day or two I asked him if he had been serious about what he said. He said he was! Ummmm really?! So for the last week I have been randomly asking him "Are we really going to go to Disney next year?" And the answer has always been yes! So we talked budget and everything and yes! We just pulled our trip in by a year! Weeeeee! *airplane arms*

Now that we are pulling the trip in we will have to watch the budget more so, so will be going for 1 less day and no Wild Africa Trek and no MVMCP, they can be something to look forward to on other trips though. Although I'm still going to plan for Hoop Dee Doo.

Just had to share with people who could understand the crazy excitement! :teeth: And pretty excited now cause we can totally use this as our Honeymoon!! I mean Disneymoon!!!

My husband and I are planing a trip soon after Avatar land is open. I know that alot of people are not excited for it but we just can't wait for it. We are also hoping that it is in the same time we go with his brother and his family which will be their first time visit to WDW. They live in southern California and always have annual passes to Disneyland. I don't think they can comprehend the difference between WDW and Disneyland. We are just waiting for their youngest child (my nephew) to get old enough to get on some rides which is around 2017. In the mean time my husband and I will go once a year to WDW, God willing.
We will stay at Pop for every trip my husband and I go but his brother said that he would like to go Animal Kingdom Lodge. It used to be my wish to go to AKL but Pop it just feels like home heheh.

Hi, everyone! I'd like to join the planning too! My DD and I just got back last week from a trip (without DH, who isn't a Disney fan but I'm not letting that stop me anymore life is too short and you can't get enough Disney) and I'm counting on you all to see me through til the next time! I'm planning something special for 2017, when DD graduates middle school.

Let me introduce myself. I'm a teacher, ESL to first graders; it was a career change for me and 8 years in, I'm still loving the kids. Every year I get to share their enthusiasm and love and sense of excitement! I'm married 20 years to the previously mentioned non-Disney fan, which wasn't a problem for the first 16 years because I hadn't discovered what a fan I am (although the signs were there, now that I took back). We have a terrific 11yo DD, and she and I fuel each other's Disney side, from singing "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" at random times and collapsing into giggles, to keeping each other company when we just have to see Nemo, or Mary Poppins, or Lion King ... and now there's that life-sized Stitch sitting in her rocking chair, ready for hugs anytime they're needed!

We've been to WDW four times, the first two with DH. Then we planned #3 with DGM, and DH said to count him out. But, as some of you have mentioned, they don't like missing out on the memories! DH still didn't want to go on #4, though, so DD and I had WDW all to ourselves. All four times , we stayed at values (ASMu, ASM, AoA), and I do love them. Especially the three amigos pool and 40-ft Ursula! But...

DH is now on board for a super celebration trip, whatever we can save for in 2 years with no other trips in between. I don't know where to start! The smallest room at a deluxe? Bigger room at a moderate? Family suite at one of my favorites? AKL? DDP with TS? Tours? Classes? Walking to our favorite park, which would be almost like living there? All of these would be new to us, and I am looking forward to expanding our horizons.

Like many of you, I'm going to have so much fun pricing out several trips. And now I'm trying to get up to speed on terms like "rack rate" and "stacking" (as in no, you can't) and UOC. Anything that will help me pour on the "special"!

I'll follow along, and share in the dreaming, if you don't mind...

WELCOME ChimCher-ee! We have a lot in common! 1. My DH is an non-Disney fan. 2. I am a teacher as well, I teach 8th grade SS and LA. 3. My DD and yours are close in age. She is twelve and will be heading into 7th grade. Like the bond you have with your DD, I have a similar one with mine. She and I love to sing various Disney songs and watch movies together. We both love and know all the words to all the major songs from Frozen. We have the CD and constantly listen to it, especially in our car. In fact, because of our singing sessions, I was confident enough to lip synch to Let It Go at my school's end of the year school assembly SOLO!!! I sang my heart out and pranced around the gym floor, tossing my glove and cape in the air as 700 middle school students and staff watched! It was lots of fun! TOTALLY CRAZY but lots of fun.

With your planning I would most likely go with a moderate room so, I could afford to stay for longer days instead of a pricier deluxe room and a shorter trip. But I might also want to do a split stay and stay in a deluxe room for two nights just to get a taste of it. Of course, if your DH is going, it might be better to just stay in one place the whole time instead of adding the extra stress/inconvenience of switching rooms.

I am definitely here to help throw ideas around with you. Do you have any ideas what month you will be going?

I tried to add a quote and it says I have but nothing shows up. And I can't delete this comment so I will just try again in another post.

Last edited:
So a wonderful thing has happened! I posted previously that we were planning for November 2017. We also plan to buy our first house early 2017. I had mentioned to the DFi that its going to be hard to spend the money on a trip after buying a house, never really seriously thinking it would change anything. Except it sunk in and last week he mentioned we should just go next year. I shrugged it off not really believing him, that he was playing with me. I think it was the next day or two I asked him if he had been serious about what he said. He said he was! Ummmm really?! So for the last week I have been randomly asking him "Are we really going to go to Disney next year?" And the answer has always been yes! So we talked budget and everything and yes! We just pulled our trip in by a year! Weeeeee! *airplane arms*

Now that we are pulling the trip in we will have to watch the budget more so, so will be going for 1 less day and no Wild Africa Trek and no MVMCP, they can be something to look forward to on other trips though. Although I'm still going to plan for Hoop Dee Doo.

Just had to share with people who could understand the crazy excitement! :teeth: And pretty excited now cause we can totally use this as our Honeymoon!! I mean Disneymoon!!!

WOO HOO! You are going to WDW for your Disneymoon, next year!!!! WOW! This is wonderful news! Now we really have to start planning! What month will you be going? For how long? Which resort? These should start the conversation going. It will be fun to plan along with you and of course, read your TR when you return.

Sorry 2019. He will be 5. My sister took her oldest for his 5th birthday in Oct and it was so much fun. I want to do it again. He was born in Oct so its great time. But as I said it would only be based on if we live back in Florida again cause even for my husband and I to go in Dec is a bit of a pain and its more because of the flights.

Five will be such a fun age! He will really enjoy some of my favorite rides, like, Peter Pan, Small World, Barnstormer, Jungle Cruise, Aladin's carpet ride, Ariel's ride, Winnie-the-Pooh, Buzz Lightyear! WoW, I just realized that all these rides are in MK. I know there are other great things to do with a kid this age in other parks but MK is the top park for me!!

my little one will be 3 and a half in 2017...she just turned 2 this june and we plan on going in february or march in 2017! i'm sooo excited to take alonger Disney trip...will be her 3rd trip and she'll really get to do just about everything by then!

AND she will probably be potty trained by then if she isn't already! That in itself is a huge advantage when you are in the parks. She is have fun riding all the rides I just mentioned above.

My husband and I are planing a trip soon after Avatar land is open. I know that alot of people are not excited for it but we just can't wait for it. We are also hoping that it is in the same time we go with his brother and his family which will be their first time visit to WDW. They live in southern California and always have annual passes to Disneyland. I don't think they can comprehend the difference between WDW and Disneyland. We are just waiting for their youngest child (my nephew) to get old enough to get on some rides which is around 2017. In the mean time my husband and I will go once a year to WDW, God willing.
We will stay at Pop for every trip my husband and I go but his brother said that he would like to go Animal Kingdom Lodge. It used to be my wish to go to AKL but Pop it just feels like home heheh.

I hope you are able to take the trip with your husband's brother's family. It would be fun to see the parks again through their eyes. They will be amazed i am sure at the differences.

I hope you are able to take the trip with your husband's brother's family. It would be fun to see the parks again through their eyes. They will be amazed i am sure at the differences.
That is what my husband and I are more excited about, to see them experience WDW for the first time. Especially for the kids. If only it wasn't years from now hehe.

WELCOME ChimCher-ee! We have a lot in common! 1. My DH is an non-Disney fan. 2. I am a teacher as well, I teach 8th grade SS and LA. 3. My DD and yours are close in age. She is twelve and will be heading into 7th grade. Like the bond you have with your DD, I have a similar one with mine. She and I love to sing various Disney songs and watch movies together. We both love and know all the words to all the major songs from Frozen. We have the CD and constantly listen to it, especially in our car. In fact, because of our singing sessions, I was confident enough to lip synch to Let It Go at my school's end of the year school assembly SOLO!!! I sang my heart out and pranced around the gym floor, tossing my glove and cape in the air as 700 middle school students and staff watched! It was lots of fun! TOTALLY CRAZY but lots of fun.

With your planning I would most likely go with a moderate room so, I could afford to stay for longer days instead of a pricier deluxe room and a shorter trip. But I might also want to do a split stay and stay in a deluxe room for two nights just to get a taste of it. Of course, if your DH is going, it might be better to just stay in one place the whole time instead of adding the extra stress/inconvenience of switching rooms.

I am definitely here to help throw ideas around with you. Do you have any ideas what month you will be going?

Hi, mdsouth! Your post cracked me up -- even though I don't know you (but we definitely have things in common), I could picture someone really tearing up the floor and having a great time! There's something about Frozen, it affects all ages! Any child in our school, boy or girl, kindergartner or fifth grader, no matter what their home language, can be heard singing along once it gets started in a class, the auditorium, cafeteria...
As for plans, I'm thinking we probably should go late August, in order to take advantage of any discounts or free dining? We don't go back to school until after Labor Day every year, so we could squeeze in a late two weeks. And I've started watching videos of the Polynesian, family suites at AoA, and C oronado Springs, trying to get a feel for each. I like your idea of a moderate, because we definitely want to stay as long as possible, 12 to 14 days. (Oh, split stays--I had never thought about those, either, but yes, with DH, simpler is better!) Question: I've read posts that say to book after the discounts are announced, and others that say reserve and then change later when deals come up. Which is better?

WOO HOO! You are going to WDW for your Disneymoon, next year!!!! WOW! This is wonderful news! Now we really have to start planning! What month will you be going? For how long? Which resort? These should start the conversation going. It will be fun to plan along with you and of course, read your TR when you return.

Thanks so much mdsouth!! I still have trouble believing it!! We'll be going For the third week of November for 9nights. Planning on renting DVC, which we did last trip and it worked out wonderful, and staying at the Boardwalk this time. DFi likes the idea of walking to HS and Epcot and I have always wanted to stay there! I ever ended up doing a TR for our last trip and I kinda kick myself for that so I'll be all over myself to get one done for this trip now!

So crazy! So exciting! And see! You just never know what Disney Magic might be coming your way!!

Lol, I think I'm just slowly turning DFi into a Disney person. This morning he actually said he needed some pixie dust for his day!!!!! :oops::cloud9::love2:

Hi, mdsouth! Your post cracked me up -- even though I don't know you (but we definitely have things in common), I could picture someone really tearing up the floor and having a great time! There's something about Frozen, it affects all ages! Any child in our school, boy or girl, kindergartner or fifth grader, no matter what their home language, can be heard singing along once it gets started in a class, the auditorium, cafeteria...
As for plans, I'm thinking we probably should go late August, in order to take advantage of any discounts or free dining? We don't go back to school until after Labor Day every year, so we could squeeze in a late two weeks. And I've started watching videos of the Polynesian, family suites at AoA, and C oronado Springs, trying to get a feel for each. I like your idea of a moderate, because we definitely want to stay as long as possible, 12 to 14 days. (Oh, split stays--I had never thought about those, either, but yes, with DH, simpler is better!) Question: I've read posts that say to book after the discounts are announced, and others that say reserve and then change later when deals come up. Which is better?

Of the resorts that you mentioned, I have stayed at Coronado Springs. We really enjoyed our stay there. We were in the Cabanas section. The pool was really nice and we liked the food options there. At the time, the Pepper Market had a great steak dinner with a potato and other options that only counted as a counter service meal! it was so nice, we actually had it twice in one trip. There is also a table service restaurant and lounge there too which is convenient when you need to just take a night off and relax at the resort instead of constantly being on the go somewhere.

In my own case, I reserved a room at a resort that I would be comfortable paying for at the regular rate. Then I called and got the discount applied to my room as soon as one came out. I just wanted to make sure I had something reserved and I was able to make ADRs then too. On a different trip, I did the same thing but switched to a different resort in the same category to get the discount. It worked for me. I was also following the resort discount thread here on the DIS so I was able to find out when the deal was released which helped!

Thanks so much mdsouth!! I still have trouble believing it!! We'll be going For the third week of November for 9nights. Planning on renting DVC, which we did last trip and it worked out wonderful, and staying at the Boardwalk this time. DFi likes the idea of walking to HS and Epcot and I have always wanted to stay there! I ever ended up doing a TR for our last trip and I kinda kick myself for that so I'll be all over myself to get one done for this trip now!

So crazy! So exciting! And see! You just never know what Disney Magic might be coming your way!!

Lol, I think I'm just slowly turning DFi into a Disney person. This morning he actually said he needed some pixie dust for his day!!!!! :oops::cloud9::love2:

Very exciting indeed! I love how your future hubby is starting to get the Disney bug! Cute comment about needing some pixie dust!
Staying at the Boardwalk will be great! It will be nice to be be able to walk to HS and Epcot PLUS you have all the options of all the nice restaurants and stuff on the boardwalk itself. Those options will be nice for the nights when you just want to wing it and take it a bit more leisurely. I wish I would have done that on the first couple of trips with my DH. I think it would have gone a long way into getting him to like WDW, moreso than the commando style I did on his very first trip. UGG! No wonder he really didn't see what was so special about WDW, I didn't give him the chance.

Looking to go back in either Sept or Oct of 2017.

It is nice to have you join our thread. I noticed in your signature, you typically stay either at the values or the Poly. Where do you think you will be staying in 2017?

It is nice to have you join our thread. I noticed in your signature, you typically stay either at the values or the Poly. Where do you think you will be staying in 2017?

We will probably be staying at Pop. Of the value resorts we have stayed at it's our favorite. If we get free dining, we might consider trying out a moderate resort.

I have always thought POP looks like a fun resort with all the cool icons from my childhood. Going in Sept./Oct. you have a good chance for free dining. Here is some pixie dust that they will still be doing that discount in 2017.

Hi! I know I haven't been around a whole lot but I have some exciting trip news!

In the event that I don't have a teaching job or am subbing by April/may ish of 2017 (maybe even before that picking a cut off date is hard) we will be going in the fall, end of October/Early November definitely hitting both a MNSSHP and a MVMCP and food and wine! I'm so excited that this is a possibility!

Also one little off topic thing can we wave hi at my mom, she's new here! @Musicalgirl2010mom :welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!