Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

I am debating a split stay for our next trip at this point. I had this grand dream of trying out a different resort on each trip, but we stayed at Bay Lake Tower last time and now I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The atmosphere was great and the easy access to MK can't be beat. However, I still want to try some other resorts! Thinking of trying for 5 nights at the Beach Club, followed by 5 back at BLT, but I'm not sure. I've got plenty of time to decide! :crazy2:

In the meantime, we've decided to go ahead with planning a surprise trip to Disneyland for the kids for next summer. They have never been. DH and I went on our honeymoon, but that was 11 years ago at this point, so suffice it to say it's been a while. I am trying to use it to keep me occupied and distracted from my WDW addiction, but there is not nearly as much planning to do, and planning is half the fun for me! Still, I am excited to see it.

I really haven't thought that far ahead as to pick a certain area of the Poly. Heck, they could put us in a broom closet and I would be happy! Just wishing I was there now.

I am debating a split stay for our next trip at this point. I had this grand dream of trying out a different resort on each trip, but we stayed at Bay Lake Tower last time and now I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The atmosphere was great and the easy access to MK can't be beat. However, I still want to try some other resorts! Thinking of trying for 5 nights at the Beach Club, followed by 5 back at BLT, but I'm not sure. I've got plenty of time to decide! :crazy2:

In the meantime, we've decided to go ahead with planning a surprise trip to Disneyland for the kids for next summer. They have never been. DH and I went on our honeymoon, but that was 11 years ago at this point, so suffice it to say it's been a while. I am trying to use it to keep me occupied and distracted from my WDW addiction, but there is not nearly as much planning to do, and planning is half the fun for me! Still, I am excited to see it.

Two great resorts! Like you, the closeness to MK with Bay Lake Towers would be my choice but then again sitting by the pool at Beach Club sounds nice too. The pool would be nice for the kids too. Though I am guessing Volcano pool at Contemporary is nice too but I heard it was pretty small in comparison.

The Disneyland trip should be fun. I would like to try the Materhorn.

Why is it that I wake yp each morning with thought about my WDW trip (two years away) yet I can't even finalize all my plans for our family beach vacation for this July? Crazy!

Two great resorts! Like you, the closeness to MK with Bay Lake Towers would be my choice but then again sitting by the pool at Beach Club sounds nice too. The pool would be nice for the kids too. Though I am guessing Volcano pool at Contemporary is nice too but I heard it was pretty small in comparison.

The Disneyland trip should be fun. I would like to try the Materhorn.

Why is it that I wake yp each morning with thought about my WDW trip (two years away) yet I can't even finalize all my plans for our family beach vacation for this July? Crazy!

DH actually ended up getting a new job offer, so we decided to bump up WDW to summer 2016. I am beyond excited and have already booked my Beach Club leg of the split stay - standard views were already gone! Since I'd been planning on 2 years of waiting, one doesn't feel so far away now.

I completely understand thinking about Disney even though you have another trip planned way ahead of it! We went out of town for Memorial day, and I was way more focused on Disney leading up to that as well. And, of course, at the time, mine was still 2 years away as well! Here's hoping the time flies for both of us.

Cool! You get to bump your trip up by a year! Glad you were able to book Beach Club. You will have to keep me entertained with your trip plans.

Just checking in and giving this thread a bump.

Anyone want to plan along with us?

I am planning a five to seven day trip for 2017. I would love to go during the low season and avoid the crowds and the summer heat. But I just don't think it will be a realty for me since I am a teacher. It might have to be during my spring break which falls the last full week of March. I would hopefully avoid the dreadful heat but I am sure there will be crowds.

What do you think? Summer or Spring Break - last week of March?

HELLO!
I'm so happy I found this thread! I currently have a trip planned for this September (last trip in 2012) and I'm already planning a sisters only trip for 2017.

I've skimmed through the chit chat and I'm excited to plan along with you all :)

We're planning to go back again in 2017 since we're planning to have #2 baby next year :D

I have a feeling that we will want to go back in 2016 after our Sept trip thought!

I am obviously a Disney freak :) and even though I am not going to be able to afford to go back to my Happy Place until sometime in 2017 or 2018 that doesn't stop me from thinking about when to go, where we will stay, what extras we will budget for, etc.

So I figure there are probably other people out there like me so this is the thread for all of us that have the long wait till we can go back again.

You can come here and talk about all the ideas you have for your next trip to Disney.

Who's with me??!! :goodvibes
I am a big Star Wars fan and am looking forward to celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary in 2017 at Disney World resort. I am also a big Star Wars fan and trying to coordinate my vacation plans with the Star Wars weekends. How soon does Disney let us know what days the Star Wars weekends will be?

hi! just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you for starting this thread. My friends and family think I'm nuts for planning a 2018 trip! I have twins that will be one on 7/1 and we're planning an extended family vacation there when my boys are 4. I feel like this group won't think I'm nuts that I looked at the chart for when they should be 40" based on their historical percentiles at their doctor visits and tall enough to ride a good majority of the rides! My parents, my brother and his family, my sister and my family will likely all be there so a nice big family vacation. My mother announced years ago that she will only stay at the Poly (scuse me!) so I did a rough budget for staying there for 10 days. I started a Disney Savings Acct and take money out weekly to fund it. I'm figuring I'll either have enough or at least have a good chunk to stay somewhere less expensive. I'd love to stay there though and hop back quickly for a nap or what have you. I think the Contemporary would also be good for this but I thought the proximity to the monorail at the TTC for Epcot made the Poly the better choice.

My in-laws live in Clermont and I actually get to go fairly frequently, so I've been lucky. We're going down to visit in February and will likely get to bring the boys for a day. My boys lose their bananas when Mickey comes walking up over the hill at the start of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and 'dance' to the hot dog song. It's a literal dream of mine to take my kids to Disney and cannot wait to take them.

Thanks again for starting this and making me feel normal. lol

Hello fellow Disney enthusiasts! (much better sounding then Disney nut right?!)

Happy to come across those planning so far out. I had hoped after our last trip this past October we would start going every second year but with plans on buying our first home and such it looks like its going to be late 2017! I'm undecided if we are going go early-mid September (lower-ish crowds, a bit cheaper but hotter and more then likely wetter) or 2nd-3rd week of November (Christmas! but moderately higher crowds and can go from pretty hot to pretty friggn cold). Lots of time to decide though! I have also been looking at the all the crowd/food/info for this year and just transposing it to 2017 for my plans. I do have spread sheets created already (for Sept and Nov!) They are still preliminary. The plan right now is to stay at the Boardwalk. I'm leery of the lack of in resort quick service but I think we can make it work, and I love the idea of being able to walk to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. If BW doesn't work out I think BLT so we have Magic Kingdom RIGHTTHERE. Although if our Deluxe dreams don't work out POFQ would work in a pinch and I have always wanted to stay there.

The dream though, which seems to be a trend here lol, is the Polynesian! Preferably a one bedroom cause having a washer and dryer would be amazing! I also very much want to try the Wilderness Lodge one year.

I have read through all the pages and happy to be among like minded people! :stitch2:

HELLO!
I'm so happy I found this thread! I currently have a trip planned for this September (last trip in 2012) and I'm already planning a sisters only trip for 2017.

I've skimmed through the chit chat and I'm excited to plan along with you all :)

It is great that you found us! A sisters only trip sounds like a lot of fun. Since you will be going this September too, you can make notes on what things you don't get to do or things you would like to do but don't do with your entire family.

We're planning to go back again in 2017 since we're planning to have #2 baby next year :D

I have a feeling that we will want to go back in 2016 after our Sept trip thought!

How old is your child now? Will you be planning a trip with two toddlers for 2017? IF so, I would recommend going when it is not so hot out if you can. I know from experience that the heat can really make the little ones cranky.

I am a big Star Wars fan and am looking forward to celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary in 2017 at Disney World resort. I am also a big Star Wars fan and trying to coordinate my vacation plans with the Star Wars weekends. How soon does Disney let us know what days the Star Wars weekends will be?

A WDW trip is going to be a wonderful way to celebrate your twentieth anniversary! Congratulations a bit early! I think a WDW trip will make you feel like newlyweds again as you just enjoy running around the parks and riding the thrill rides. Have you picked out a resort yet?

I think the Star War weekends are about the same each year in May and June but I am sure someone here on the DIS can give you a better idea of when to expect the details for each weekend. I know different characters/actors appear on different weekends.

hi! just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you for starting this thread. My friends and family think I'm nuts for planning a 2018 trip! I have twins that will be one on 7/1 and we're planning an extended family vacation there when my boys are 4. I feel like this group won't think I'm nuts that I looked at the chart for when they should be 40" based on their historical percentiles at their doctor visits and tall enough to ride a good majority of the rides! My parents, my brother and his family, my sister and my family will likely all be there so a nice big family vacation. My mother announced years ago that she will only stay at the Poly (scuse me!) so I did a rough budget for staying there for 10 days. I started a Disney Savings Acct and take money out weekly to fund it. I'm figuring I'll either have enough or at least have a good chunk to stay somewhere less expensive. I'd love to stay there though and hop back quickly for a nap or what have you. I think the Contemporary would also be good for this but I thought the proximity to the monorail at the TTC for Epcot made the Poly the better choice.

My in-laws live in Clermont and I actually get to go fairly frequently, so I've been lucky. We're going down to visit in February and will likely get to bring the boys for a day. My boys lose their bananas when Mickey comes walking up over the hill at the start of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and 'dance' to the hot dog song. It's a literal dream of mine to take my kids to Disney and cannot wait to take them.

Thanks again for starting this and making me feel normal. lol

I am glad you found us! It really is a life-saver and sanity saver for me to be able to log on here and share my hopes and dreams for a distant WDW trip. I really don't have any i know that would really understand and tolerate my need to talk and share ideas. So, it is great to have more people joining our group.
Four years of age should be a great time to take your boys. They will really enjoy the characters at that age and the rides and stuff but most importantly, they will be potty trained and therefore will make a trip a bit easier for you.

I loved watching the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when my DD was smaller. I loved the Hot Dog, Diggity Dog song and I enjoyed getting up and dancing with her at the end of each show.

Enjoy your time with your boys, time really does go fast and before you know it your babies will be graduating from high school like mine just did.

Hello fellow Disney enthusiasts! (much better sounding then Disney nut right?!)

Happy to come across those planning so far out. I had hoped after our last trip this past October we would start going every second year but with plans on buying our first home and such it looks like its going to be late 2017! I'm undecided if we are going go early-mid September (lower-ish crowds, a bit cheaper but hotter and more then likely wetter) or 2nd-3rd week of November (Christmas! but moderately higher crowds and can go from pretty hot to pretty friggn cold). Lots of time to decide though! I have also been looking at the all the crowd/food/info for this year and just transposing it to 2017 for my plans. I do have spread sheets created already (for Sept and Nov!) They are still preliminary. The plan right now is to stay at the Boardwalk. I'm leery of the lack of in resort quick service but I think we can make it work, and I love the idea of being able to walk to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. If BW doesn't work out I think BLT so we have Magic Kingdom RIGHTTHERE. Although if our Deluxe dreams don't work out POFQ would work in a pinch and I have always wanted to stay there.

The dream though, which seems to be a trend here lol, is the Polynesian! Preferably a one bedroom cause having a washer and dryer would be amazing! I also very much want to try the Wilderness Lodge one year.

I have read through all the pages and happy to be among like minded people! :stitch2:

I LOVE your idea of referring to us all as Disney enthusiasts! You are right on! It definitely fits us! I find it nice to read that you have already started your comparison spreadsheets for the 2017 trip possibilities. I do this too! I log into the Disney trip planning site to check out current rates and specials to get a basic idea of what prices might be. I understand your dilema too between September and November. Both months should be good times to go weather wise and lower crowds.

The Boardwalk would be convenient. I did not know it does not have a quick service option there. I guess they figure there are lots of eating places along the boardwalk for a quick bite.

I also agree that having a one bedroom villa somewhere on property with a washer dryer and a kitchen would be nice to have, especially if you go for longer than five days or so.

Once again, I am so happy that you all have joined our group. It is fun to have others who are like me planning so far out. I will check back in again in a day or so and check in with everyone's planning ideas.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the warm welcome @mdsouth !!!

It IS really nice to have a place to come and talk about plans and have people understand what your talking about and why!

So on monday night I was lurking through a PTR and they brought up the Wild Africa Trek and I honestly think an exclamation point popped up over my head. When I was creating my must do's list for our trip I totally forgot about the Trek! I had wanted to do it last trip but didn't want to spend the extra $$$ and I didn't want to worry about working it in to the schedule. So I'm hoping to make it work on this trip now as we're planning to go for a little longer and have time to put a little extra away for it! Anyways so as soon as I thought of it I was wondering "well what day would we do it"? Which led to me actually creating a schedule... for a trip still over two years away. D'oh! I just used this years crowd calendar and yeah, planned parks and ADR's, but managed to not start listing out which FP+ I wanted. Maybe next year though!! :tongue:

Anyone else have their schedules started?!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome @mdsouth !!!

It IS really nice to have a place to come and talk about plans and have people understand what your talking about and why!

So on monday night I was lurking through a PTR and they brought up the Wild Africa Trek and I honestly think an exclamation point popped up over my head. When I was creating my must do's list for our trip I totally forgot about the Trek! I had wanted to do it last trip but didn't want to spend the extra $$$ and I didn't want to worry about working it in to the schedule. So I'm hoping to make it work on this trip now as we're planning to go for a little longer and have time to put a little extra away for it! Anyways so as soon as I thought of it I was wondering "well what day would we do it"? Which led to me actually creating a schedule... for a trip still over two years away. D'oh! I just used this years crowd calendar and yeah, planned parks and ADR's, but managed to not start listing out which FP+ I wanted. Maybe next year though!! :tongue:

Anyone else have their schedules started?!

I have done the same thing! I make tentative plans for what days and activities. I have even gone so far as to plan what ADR's I want and when. The Wild Africa Trek would be something my daughter would absolutely adore! So, what PTR were you reading? I need to check it out to get a feel for what it would be like. Now, you go me to start thinking about it. I know it is pretty pricey. I was thinking about it or one additional safari things you can do at AK.

My next major trip as of now will be in 2020. I am already thinking of that trip. Just only way I can do that is if I live in FL. We would be celebrating my son's 5th birthday.

I have done the same thing! I make tentative plans for what days and activities. I have even gone so far as to plan what ADR's I want and when. The Wild Africa Trek would be something my daughter would absolutely adore! So, what PTR were you reading? I need to check it out to get a feel for what it would be like. Now, you go me to start thinking about it. I know it is pretty pricey. I was thinking about it or one additional safari things you can do at AK.

Hmmm... I can not honestly remember the PTR I was reading. I was just hopping around reading different ones. Sometimes it's hard to read them cause it makes me want to go back naaaoooww and not 2.4 years away :guilty:

If you want a recap of the Trek though I know Saintstickets has it in his... I think second to last trip report. Very excellent TR!

im sooo glad im not the only one planning this far ahead! hahaha although, we ARE going this thanksgiving :love:, we wont be able to return until 2017! the trip in 2017 will be our biggest trip with my little one though...we'll be there for a week, and the ones we're taking now have just been a few days...so im looking forward to that trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter