Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

FB_IMG_1466467475738.jpg We don't mind crowds, and didn't think it was that crazy when we went in 2013 for Christmas and NYE. Planning ahead of time definitely helps!

Last edited:
I just booked 14 days at AKL for August 2017! This is going to be a much well needed trip after graduating from my RN program:worship:. i have to plan what I can right now that we are on summer vacation. Once school starts back up, I'm not going to have time to plan. So I'm writing down all the lists of all the adrs so when the time comes I can be ready.

Booked 2 Royal rooms at POR for our April 2017 stay! Yay!

Let the countdown begin! Woo Hoo! So, are you going with extended family?

I just booked 14 days at AKL for August 2017! This is going to be a much well needed trip after graduating from my RN program:worship:. i have to plan what I can right now that we are on summer vacation. Once school starts back up, I'm not going to have time to plan. So I'm writing down all the lists of all the adrs so when the time comes I can be ready.

I can totally relate to this one! You will be busy this coming year! The goal is close!

Let the countdown begin! Woo Hoo! So, are you going with extended family?

It will be me, my husband, our daughter and her boyfriend, our son, and my mother in law. We are really excited. Can't wait to be back at the world! We are also going to Universal for 3 days, doing a split stay with USO and WDW.

It will be me, my husband, our daughter and her boyfriend, our son, and my mother in law. We are really excited. Can't wait to be back at the world! We are also going to Universal for 3 days, doing a split stay with USO and WDW.

Quite the crew!:sail: It should make for a fun time! I think we will be doing two days at Universal next trip to see the Harry Potter stuff.

Quite the crew!:sail: It should make for a fun time! I think we will be doing two days at Universal next trip to see the Harry Potter stuff.

Universal is wonderful! The Harry Potter area is amazing - so well themed and immersive. The kids enjoyed USO a bit more than Disney, I think, lol, due to more thrill type rides. My daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan and she didn't get to spend as much time there as she wanted to last time, so she is planning to spend much more time there this time. My son, who hadn't seen or read HP yet, even loved it. I hope you guys do go, it really is wonderful.

Universal is wonderful! The Harry Potter area is amazing - so well themed and immersive. The kids enjoyed USO a bit more than Disney, I think, lol, due to more thrill type rides. My daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan and she didn't get to spend as much time there as she wanted to last time, so she is planning to spend much more time there this time. My son, who hadn't seen or read HP yet, even loved it. I hope you guys do go, it really is wonderful.

I understand that there are two parks and each park now has some Harry Potter stuff. I need to research it and get a game plan. I think we will stay at WDW and just take some type of transportation over there since I plan to use Magic Express and not have my own car.

We decided to move our September 2017 trip up a little to April 2017!! We will be going April 20-30 and do 5 days in the Parks. This will be a big trip and we have decided not to stay on property, there will be 8 of us total so we are going to rent a house while there. It will be Me, my husband, our son and daughter, my mom, her friend, my mother and father in law. I'm soooo excited!!

I understand that there are two parks and each park now has some Harry Potter stuff. I need to research it and get a game plan. I think we will stay at WDW and just take some type of transportation over there since I plan to use Magic Express and not have my own car.

Yes, there is an HP area in both USO and UIOA. If you get park to park tickets, you can ride the Hogwarts Express between the two areas. You will have a great time!

We are planning for June 2017. It will be our first visit as DVC members! (Unless I can convince my hubby to take a short weekend trip before that).
We are taking our three kiddos (9,9,2) and my husband's extended family. His parents haven't been to Disney in years. We are just hoping that we can help them to enjoy the magic of Disney as much as we do.

Hi everyone! If FD is offered we plan on going the last week of September 2017. If not I may push it back to Nov, Dec or March. There will be 6 of us - DH and I, and our (then) 15 yo son, 10 yo daughter, 8 yo daughter and 2 yo daughter. It will be our first trip without our oldest (then) 19 yo dd but she is going with her school in April and will be in college by the time we go so we will do a year separately. On the plus side it means we can squeeze into a mod room for 5!

I was thinking of maybe creating like a Disney World dream list. With things I would like to do at some point on some trip to disney. I'm not sure all of what would be on my list yet. What things would be on yours?
I am trying to make a wish list for each of us going - so far I just know I want to do a first hair cut for my then 2 year old (now 6 month old)

Why is it that I wake yp each morning with thought about my WDW trip (two years away) yet I can't even finalize all my plans for our family beach vacation for this July? Crazy!
Yup. Going to Maine in a month and every time I try to plan for it I end up on the DIS :confused:

Anyone else have their schedules started?!
Actually I have four different ones started lol

So, let's share some ideas and plans. What is one new place you want to try out on your next trip? Is it a new resort or a new restaurant? Or even a new park or experience that you have not had the change to do before. .
I want to try Crystal Palace finally. I have had at least four ADRs there that I end up dropping when I have my inevitable shift of plans after the big ADR day...

I am interested in one restaurant that everyone else is planning to go to on their trip. So, let's pass the time talking food choices!
DH says Ohana is non negotiable ;)

We always try to do a bunch of new ones each trip - it gets harder as we end up with more that we love that we have to repeat :)
Yes exactly!! Every time I talk about bumping a favorite somebody gets upset.

OKAY, I know we are all dreaming about trips to Disney, so let's have a bit of fun.
First state your dream resort and then state what resort you are most likely going to be at when you do go back.
Dream resort would be hard to choose! Contemporary for location with a toddler, BC for the pool.
Reality is POR or CBR.

To keep things going, what is everyone's number one restaurant/meal that you are putting into your plans?.
TS - Ohana and CP ;)
QS - WPE - a favorite we cannot skip!

Thinking of returning in February for a quick trip. The 1st-5th. Was going to wait until like 2018, but I have noticed that the cheer competition that is normally held that week in February is going to be the held during the second week of February in 2017, so that might be a great opportunity.

I'm planning for an April/May trip in 2017 with DH, my mother, and my nana! My mother wants to take my nana for a proper trip since she didn't get to experience much the one day they went during my wedding trip. I'm all for that! I think my mother and nana will absolutely love the F&G Festival! :goodvibes

I am very excited to be planning another trip to the world!
We got married at the YC on 10/10/10 and we stayed at WL for Christmas 2011
But we have not been back since.
Now, we are all booked up for the Poly (LV) for Christmas 2017 12/23 - 2/1
I am busy planning all my ADRs already.
Worrying about getting the DAS for my autistic son (we got the GAC in 2010 / 2011 and it transformed our vacation)
Hoping my then 4yr old daughter will love the magic
Hoping my husband, who now has leukaemia, will be well enough to enjoy this trip, which is likely going to be the last big family trip we make.
I LOVED WL, but we all loved Ohana, and the look of the Poly, plus, being on the monorail should be easier to make a quick escape back to the room / resort if necessary.
Also, planning out making FP reservations in advance.
Seems there is a LOT to do ahead of time!

We are all booked for 2017 and really looking forward to it! We usually stay at a Disney property but this time we will be at Shades of Green, it's been recently renovated and we are psyched to try it out. It will also be nice to be able to walk over to the Poly. We will have a rental car (already booked the car!) for the first time which will allow us to do some exploring we haven't done in past. We are planning to do a character meal at The Four Seasons and Disney SumerWinterland mini-golf for the first time (the car will make both these easier!). We might try the Ohana character meal this time since we can walk over from our resort. Looking forward to having many travel options available this time around (Shades of Green buses, Poly transportation, rental car)!

image.jpg We are planning on going the first week of September 2017. My oldest DD will be turning 16 on the trip and my youngest DD will have just turned 13, so it's a big celebration year in our house!

We are hoping for FD and that it will be offered at POFQ (our favorite resort), as it was in 2014. We would love to do MNSSHP party again!

We are planning on going the first week of September 2017. My oldest DD will be turning 16 on the trip and my youngest DD will have just turned 13, so it's a big celebration year in our house!

We are hoping for FD and that it will be offered at POFQ (our favorite resort), as it was in 2014. We would love to do MNSSHP party again!
We went for my oldest's Sweet 16, great memories <3

We stayed at all star movies post Christmas 2015 through the new year 2016 and after we got back got the post Disney blues. That was my wife and daughters first trip so what better way to get over the blues then booking our next Disney vaca. Just booked today for nov 12-21 2017 at the Art of Animation this time. We are a family of 3 so we are staying in the mermaid rooms. I was hesitant on booking this room due to all the posts saying how long the walk is to the buses and considered port Orleans riverside royal room but decided to sacrifice walking for the savings when comparing the 2 options plus once my daughter heard little mermaid room she was sold and wouldn't change her mind, lol
Anybody know the actual distance from mermaid rooms to animation hall, also after we booked our last stay we got an information packet giving us our key dates for reservations and what not, do they send that out right away, can't quite remember
490 days!!!!!! So excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter