Whoever gave us the recipe for peanut butter cup cookies....

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by mom2grace, Dec 17, 2005.

1. mom2grace

mom2grace DIS Veteran

I can't STOP eating them!

I have made 16 dozen of them! Okay 8 dozen are for exchanges, but 4 dozen are unaccounted for! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: and I still have 4 dozen upstairs cooling.

I even froze them, and ate them straight out of the FREEZER!

Okay, maybe this thread should be called, confessions of a Christmas cookie baker, um, eater!!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. babylisa4

babylisa4 Mouseketeer

Also a super easy version of this-probably isn't quite as good but I like them just the same is to buy Pillsbury Peanut Butter cookie dough in the roll and pinch off an amount roll into a ball and push into a small muffin tin. Then when you pull it out of the oven stick your reese's cup into it immediately. The hardest part of these is unwrapping the candy. I had a friend who always brought these to work.

4. Tiggeroo

Tiggeroo Grammar Nazi

link to the recipe please?

5. inky dinky doo

inky dinky doo <font color=FF6699>I've got the best cure for the

6. mom2grace

mom2grace DIS Veteran

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

½ c butter
    ½ c peanut butter
    ½ c sugar
    ½ c brown sugar
    ½ tsp salt
    1 egg
    ½ tsp vanilla
    1¼ c flour
    ¾ tsp baking soda
    14 oz Reese’s peanut butter cups

Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar & brown sugar. Add egg & vanilla. Stir in & mix well: flour, baking soda & salt. Roll into 1” balls. Put into mini muffin pans & do not press. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Take out of oven & add peanut butter cups immediately. Cool before removing from pan. If removed too early, cookie will break. Yield: 48

7. mom2grace

mom2grace DIS Veteran

8. piratesmate

piratesmate <font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t

Oh - the ones you made were the recipe I posted. I love those!! :teeth: I haven't gotten around to baking yet (I'm waiting until DD has time & we had homework overload this weekend :( but she has off on Friday) but I think DH is getting tired of waiting...yesterday he brought me a 2 lb bag of mini peanut butter cups from his Wal-Mart run. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

As much as the other recipe sounds wonderful to me, I don't think I'd better mess with DH's expectations this week. Maybe between Christmas & New Year's...

9. Tiggeroo

Tiggeroo Grammar Nazi

OP which recipe did you use? There are a few on there.

10. inky dinky doo

inky dinky doo <font color=FF6699>I've got the best cure for the

Ooo, Piratesmate, I didn't even see your recipe. I'm going to try those. They sound yummy!

11. ksjayhawks

ksjayhawks DIS Veteran

I used the cookie part of the recipe. Put in mini muffin tins and baked for 9 minutes. Took them out and put a reeses miniature in them. then put the frosting on top.

They have been a hit at cookie exchanges. I have made 12 dozen and only have a few left. Need to make more this week. This is the recipe:

Another more special cookie. . . You'll want to hide some of these in the freezer for yourself; otherwise, they tend to disappear.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Filling:
    1/2 c. peanut butter
    1/4 c. powdered sugar

Cookie:
    1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
    1/4 c. sugar
    1/2 c. margarine, softened
    6 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1 t. vanilla
    1 egg
    2 c.flour
    1/4 c. cocoa
    1 t. baking powder

Frosting:
    1 c. sifted powdered sugar
    2 T. cocoa
    1 to 2 T. milk
    2 oz cream cheese

In small bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar; blend until smooth. Chill while mixing cookie dough for easier handling. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. In large bowl, cream brown sugar, sugar, margarine and 6 oz cream cheese until light and fluffy; blend in vanilla and egg. Blend flour, cocoa and baking powder into creamed mixture. Shape dough into one-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. With thumb, make imprint in center of each cookie; fill with 1 tsp filling. Bring dough around filling to completely cover. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes. Cool. In small bowl, blend frosting ingredients. Spread over peanut butter cups. Makes 3-1/2 dozen

12. mom2grace

mom2grace DIS Veteran

I used piratesmate's recipe in post #5. I love it, I have 2 mini-muffin pans, so I can bake 48 cookies at once! WOW!! But, mine only take about 9 minutes to bake.

13. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I hate you guys. I made some last night (only a dozen because my pan is only that big) and they are almost all gone.

14. Beetle

Beetle Earning My Ears

I always try something new to our standard Xmas meal each year. Based on comments from this thread, I tried the Peanut Butter Cup Cookies and am so glad I did. They were a HUGE hit at Xmas get together yesterday. I always send plates of remaining desserts with everyone and all were picking up extras of this cookie! Will have to make again next year!!