Whoa....... Just need to clarify

ElleBelle

Been there, done that, going back!ºoº
Hi there- DH and I booked a week at CSR 12/8/07-12/14/07 with the free dining. Was under the assumption that this was still the "old" DDP- gratuities and appetizer for the table service included. Is this correct??? Does the new 2008 plan go into effect on January 1st??? I really just want to make sure. Thanks!

I am confused. As far as I know there is no free dining during december. And the 2008 rules would only apply after 2008 starts and you wil be well checked out by then. I am confused as to your question? BUt from the dates you give, yes apps and tip should be included.

I am going to assume the OP means dining was added to their package, not free.

No free Dining Plan promotion in December.

Dining Plan is available in December for $38.99 per adult per night and $10.99 per child per night as part of Magic Your Way packages or to Guests staying at DVC properties using points.

The 2007 plan is in effect through 12/31/07.

The 2008 plan goes into effect 1/1/08.

Guests whose stays span the New Year on a single reservation will remain on the 2007 plan through the end of that reservation.

Actually... yes... there was a special run a few weeks back that you had to use your Disney Visa to book the "special rate" with a code (which when broken down factored out to be free dining).

We got CSR 12/8-12/14, King room, 7 day park hoppers, the dining package, plus the package also includes "mini-golf vouchers", Planet Hollywood $15 meal vouchers, and "Sea Raycer offer vouchers". All for a grand total of $1667.98. And if you figure it out, that's pretty much the cost of that package without dining-- maybe a bit more. We're totally psyched!

Actually... yes... there was a special run a few weeks back that you had to use your Disney Visa to book the "special rate" with a code (which when broken down factored out to be free dining).

We got CSR 12/8-12/14, King room, 7 day park hoppers, the dining package, plus the package also includes "mini-golf vouchers", Planet Hollywood $15 meal vouchers, and "Sea Raycer offer vouchers". All for a grand total of $1667.98. And if you figure it out, that's pretty much the cost of that package without dining-- maybe a bit more. We're totally psyched!

Yes, but that promotion was not the free dining promotion. Even though cost wise it might be the same, it was a different promotion and not the free dining promotion.

Enjoy your trip.

Sounds like a great deal!

However, it's not THE free dining deal. Wanted to point that out since otherwise the rest of the day there will be a million posts on here about "free dining in December".;)

Also, I'm pretty sure the mini-golf vouchers, Planet Hollywood meal voucher, and Sea Raycer vouchers come in EVERY package--whether it's a special deal or not. At least they came in ours last year (without any type of promotion) and in ours this year as well (with free dining). I figured it's just a standard "perk" they include when you book a package.

ElleBelle said:
Ah, okay, I'm not aware of that promotion - but it only factors out to be free dining if the savings is $38.99 per adult per night and $10.99 per child per night, which seems unlikely.

It would mean that the Disney Visa promo gave a solo traveler $38.99 off each night, but a couple got $78.98 off that same room - and add in two DIsney-aged kids, a room that would have cost a solo $121.01, costs the family a few cents over $60.00.

I know what the free dining promo is. We initially had it booked for last September but had to cancel. I apologize that I didn't specify what EXACTLY I was talking about.

Let me restate... I didn't book a package that was specifically titled 'free dining'. I booked a package that gave me free dining and then some... titled 'Disney Visa promo'. Geez... :confused3

Just to let all know.... the total for CSR from 12/8-12/14/07 king bed room, 7 day MYW PH tix WITHOUT dining is $1610.54. My total for the same thing WITH dining came to $1667.98. Pretty much free dining... n'est pas?

Mait non. It sounds more like a 45% or so discount on the room portion of your package. Free dining wouldn't cost anything, not even $57.44 :teeth:

Yikes. Just Yikes. Backing away slowly...
Glad I read this whole thread before I really freaked out . . . "Visa Free Dining Promo for December..." All I could think was how did I miss that! I have a Disney Visa and I could have been going in December, instead of the burning heat of September! I am calm now . . . real free dining in 11 days, real free dining in 11 days, real free dining in 11 days . . . lol ElleBelle don't scare me like that again! lol

Glad I read this whole thread before I really freaked out . . . "Visa Free Dining Promo for December..." All I could think was how did I miss that! I have a Disney Visa and I could have been going in December, instead of the burning heat of September! I am calm now . . . real free dining in 11 days, real free dining in 11 days, real free dining in 11 days . . . lol ElleBelle don't scare me like that again! lol

Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?

You have to understand how much thought goes into many DISers trips. When people hear free dining in December, they might begin to wonder how that one got past them! No need to get snippy. I think most of the replys to your post were light hearted, not meant to start an upset!

Basically if a couple is booking the current holiday package with dining the savings come out to be just about the cost of food even though in fact the discount is on the room. I am going in Nov.

Wow!! Sounds like you got a really great deal ElleBelle!! It's not "free dining" but it is a great deal! Enjoy!!

As for your original question, 2008 dining rules will not apply to your 2007 trip.

Disney offers a specific promotion called Free Dining. Posters reacted so strongly to a free dining in dec post because that would be nice!

Glad your discount amounted to what you are calling free dining, even though it is officially a DIsney Visa Promotion.

And as the PP indicated, you are still under the 2007 rules and conditions for the DDP>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!