Who WON'T go if there is no FD in Aug/Sept?

We will definitely still go. I book based on what we can afford....discounts are just a bonus!

This is such an annoying response. People don't need a jab due to your inability to empathize with situations unlike yours.
I totally understand where mom_of_3_mousketeers is coming from. I always planned my Disney vacation budgets based on the rack rates and then hoped for a discount of some sort so that I could add something special, upgrade my resort or save a little extra money for next time. I don't see anything annoying about the comment.

I will be going either way! We stayed at POR in Oct 12 and have booked CR in August without ever hearing of these discounts, I would love FD but never expected to get FD when I book.

Am really so happy we bit and bought DVC resale last year. No more fretting about free dining!

Free dining is the reason we have not purchased DVC and if they continue to offer free dining we probably never will. We have a large family and the minimum DVC buy in for us is about $28,000. We haven't spent that much in 7 years worth of annual free dining trips.

But really, there's no need to have this free dining argument again. Free dining was created to fill WDW resort rooms during the height of hurricane season - September is still the height of hurricane season and I don't see them ending free dining for this time frame anytime soon. If they ever did, the resort and park numbers for September would plummet.

We used to go for 2-3 days, share meals....etc because that's what we could afford. We knew we were blessed to even get to go to Disney. Then we started staying off site so we could stay longer and only visiting MK and MGM, we couldn't really afford all the park days. Then we added a day or two of Universal as the years went by and our income increased.

Once they started offering Free Dining, they had us....we stayed onsite and added days, never looked back and haven't been to Universal or an offsite hotel/restaurant since. It's still very expensive compared to any other vacation we've taken to other destinations, but it's worth it to us.

It's killing me waiting on free dining, but if they don't offer it we will have to revisit our past LOL and take a close look at all our options. We can afford to stay on site, book 2 rooms for our large family and enjoy so many extras (Pirates League, Fireworks Party....etc) because of the money FDing saves us. I'm not sure we'd want to give up the 'extras' now that we've had a taste of them. So in order to still afford those, we may have to shorten our trip quite a bit and go back to only visiting 2 parks/2 days.

I hate it.....but we have to stick with what we're comfortable paying and what we feel the experience is worth. Our income hasn't increased in the last 7 years, but our insurance and taxes sure have.....so again, we may have to juggle the options a bit but we do still plan on going....even if it's a shorter trip.

On the note of planning a trip based on a discount, we do. We don't book until there is something offered that we can afford....BUT if we can afford rack rate and that's what is available when we book, then that's what we book. I guess it would be like going to the store expecting to get a loaf of bread for 50 cents because they'd offered that in the past, so you only take 50 cents to the store LOL. I definitely don't do that, but we do have a set budget that we feel comfortable spending on vacation so we have to use 'coupons/deals' to get to that number, or reduce the things in our 'buggy' (ie: park days, resort days, staying offsite).

Nope, will not go, likely book a IGT rate on a cruise for that week...best deal gets our money.

It is annoying or patronizing I should say how every time someone mentions wanting free dining(or a discount/coupon/deal whatever) people like the ones in this thread say, "I only book trips that I can afford." They are booking trips that they can afford, that's why they're hoping for a deal to stay in budget. Just because someone wants to use a coupon if they can doesn't mean they're too poor to have it. No one said it's their God given right to get a discount from Disney but it is their God given right to hope/want/talk about getting a discount so a vacation CAN BE WHAT THEY CAN AFFORD or maybe just be comfortable with. Or in some cases like the college team for logistical reasons, thats make it or break to them. So yes having a response like, "we book vacations we can afford, is an annoying, patronizing response to what people were talking about here. And it's my God given right to have that opinion, thank you for not responding patronizingly to this too:)http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/dance.gif
Boy, I got to come to peace w/the nature of these chat boards, on one hand there so fun and on the other hand people say things so unnecessary and unhelpful sometime.

I don't think that the poster that said she booked what she could afford was being patronizing, I think that it's hard to convey what you mean on these crazy forums. I know I tried to spell it out in my post above, but again.....kind of hard to type out what I mean.

We all only book what we can afford.....BUT with coupons and deals we get more for the same $$$. Just like we all only buy what we can afford at the grocery, but with coupons and sales we can get more for our money. So while I'd love to still stay 9 days, free dining and enjoy all the extra parties, MNSSHP.....etc, we may have to scale back quite a bit. We only have a set amount we are comfortable spending on vacations, and if that buys us 9 days that's awesome, but without free dining it might only buy us 4 :(....and we'll have to be okay with that or find a way to stay off site or at Universal and spend the same amount. Just like sometimes I have to venture to a different store to get the groceries I need for the amount of money I have.

It is annoying or patronizing I should say how every time someone mentions wanting free dining(or a discount/coupon/deal whatever) people like the ones in this thread say, "I only book trips that I can afford." They are booking trips that they can afford, that's why they're hoping for a deal to stay in budget. Just because someone wants to use a coupon if they can doesn't mean they're too poor to have it. No one said it's their God given right to get a discount from Disney but it is their God given right to hope/want/talk about getting a discount so a vacation CAN BE WHAT THEY CAN AFFORD or maybe just be comfortable with. Or in some cases like the college team for logistical reasons, thats make it or break to them. So yes having a response like, "we book vacations we can afford, is an annoying, patronizing response to what people were talking about here. And it's my God given right to have that opinion, thank you for not responding patronizingly to this too:)http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/dance.gif
Boy, I got to come to peace w/the nature of these chat boards, on one hand there so fun and on the other hand people say things so unnecessary and unhelpful sometime.
The OP asked "Who WON'T go if there is no FD in Aug/Sept?"

I think that the PP answered that question when she responded that you "We will definitely still go. I book based on what we can afford....discounts are just a bonus!"

How is that patronizing? She has every right to expound on her reasons for keeping her reservation as it is. She's not gloating or making comments about how others budget for their vacations.

You're really reading into what she wrote and you're finding insult where none was intended.

I would have LOVED to have booked the Polynesian resort for our trip and hope for a discount to come out but I didn't because I know that we cannot afford it at rack rate. Instead, we booked what we COULD afford at rack rate. Am I hoping for a discount? You bet!!! Will I stay home if one doesn't come out? No. Because I booked what I was comfortable paying full price for. Simple as that.

I agree, however, I found absolutely nothing "necessary" or "helpful" about this post..

This is such an annoying response. People don't need a jab due to your inability to empathize with situations unlike yours.

This thread is about whether or not people will keep their trip plans if no FD is released. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her post. It stated her position on the topic of the thread. Your post was not nice and completely uncalled for. Not worth reporting, but rude nonetheless.

As to our trip, we are hoping for FD in October and may not go if we don't get some type of deal. DH is a federal employee and about to lose a substantial chunk of his salary. We will not dip into savings for a vacation, so we'll have to see what discounts are available before making a decision.

Good luck, everyone. :goodvibes

I don't think that the poster that said she booked what she could afford was being patronizing, I think that it's hard to convey what you mean on these crazy forums. I know I tried to spell it out in my post above, but again.....kind of hard to type out what I mean.

We all only book what we can afford.....BUT with coupons and deals we get more for the same $$$. Just like we all only buy what we can afford at the grocery, but with coupons and sales we can get more for our money. So while I'd love to still stay 9 days, free dining and enjoy all the extra parties, MNSSHP.....etc, we may have to scale back quite a bit. We only have a set amount we are comfortable spending on vacations, and if that buys us 9 days that's awesome, but without free dining it might only buy us 4 :(....and we'll have to be okay with that or find a way to stay off site or at Universal and spend the same amount. Just like sometimes I have to venture to a different store to get the groceries I need for the amount of money I have.

Yah, maybe they were not being the way I called it out but it does happen so much on threads like these, people really start to harp on people hoping for a discount and it's like they hijack the thread and just harp, harp,harp.

when is FD usually announced if they are having it for aug/sept?

Typically late April, although last year it was early March. A new room offer (with the option of slightly discounted tickets) good through Aug 14 is coming out on April 2, so the next discount release would likely be late April or early to mid-May. No way to know if it will be FD, but it should cover late Aug to Sept.

I agree, however, I found absolutely nothing "necessary" or "helpful" about this post..

This thread is about whether or not people will keep their trip plans if no FD is released. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her post. It stated her position on the topic of the thread. Your post was not nice and completely uncalled for. Not worth reporting, but rude nonetheless.

As to our trip, we are hoping for FD in October and may not go if we don't get some type of deal. DH is a federal employee and about to lose a substantial chunk of his salary. We will not dip into savings for a vacation, so we'll have to see what discounts are available before making a decision.

Good luck, everyone. :goodvibes

I believe this thread was someone hoping for some companionship in the boat of "Who WON'T go if there is no FD in Aug/Sept?." And the person that said "I book what I can afford" may have been stating a friendly opinion but I read these boards a lot and that is always where the thread turns into bashing those wanting a discount.

I would have LOVED to have booked the Polynesian resort for our trip and hope for a discount to come out but I didn't because I know that we cannot afford it at rack rate. Instead, we booked what we COULD afford at rack rate. Am I hoping for a discount? You bet!!! Will I stay home if one doesn't come out? No. Because I booked what I was comfortable paying full price for. Simple as that.

Some people have a budget and disney doesn't fit into it all at rack rate, not even a value stay and they hope for a discount to go at all. It seems like some people on these boards feel that those people should not have hopes like that. I think people should empathize with other people's situations whatever they might be.

Now this would be a sale:dance3::dance3:

SaturdayJuly2520094.jpg

SaturdayJuly2520095.jpg

ccc.jpg

ccc-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter