"Who wants to sit in the Yak chair?" Sheesh it was hot. An August 2015 TR Updated 11/7

August 20th, 2015. Today was the day. The day Jason and I had waited almost a year for, and the kids had been waiting 3 1/2 weeks for. We'd finally arrive back at Walt Disney World today! We were up about 7:30. Everyone had showered the night before, so we didn't have to mess around with that. We did what we needed to do to get ready and the girls wanted to go down to see what they had to offer at the free breakfast station, as they had remembered that from last year. They kids got some cinnamon rolls, fruit, and juice. I think Jason and I each had a banana and Jason got coffee, but he and I had other plans for breakfast.

At 8:26am we were back on the road. We made a quick stop for gas and went through the drive through at Chic-Fil-A. Those were our other plans. I know there is controversy surrounding Chic-Fil-A, and I did boycott it for a while, but then our friends Bob and Jeremy gave us the okay to eat there because in Bob's words "Why would you not eat their chicken? It's the best!" So we're back on the wagon with them and breakfast didn't disappoint. Chic-Fil-A isn't so much a novelty to us anymore, because they finally came to Milwaukee last September, so now we can get it anytime we want!

But I digress. We drove for a couple hours, and I have no pictures because there really wasn't anything to see. Mid to Southern Georgia is kind of boring. I finally took this one picture when I knew were were really close to Florida. I could tell by the Spanish moss on the trees.

And then, there it was. Not quite the Happiest Place on Earth, but close. Yes folks, the sign welcoming us to Florida!

At 10:51 we crossed the state line into Florida. The girls were afraid we wouldn't tell them, but of course we did. Here is their reaction.

Now, please not the time here. 10:51am. Maura asked if she could take some pictures so I handed the camera back to her. Here are a few of the pictures she took from the back seat.

I only posted 4. It was now 10:54 and we were pulling into the Florida Welcome Center, because you have to when you're driving down. I think it's the law. But in those 3 minutes from crossing the state line to pulling into the welcome center, I think Maura took no less than 80 pictures. Not a joke. I only showed you 4 of them because many were very similar. That kid, I tell you.

We had to get some pictures at the welcome center!

Right after we walked past this dolphin, there were veterans with a display. I gave the kids each $1 to give to him. We chatted with him for a minute and thanked him for his service. The girls each got a little American flag.

We went in and got our OJ sample. Because it's so yummy!

We checked out all the little displays they have there.

See the kid in this picture who isn't mine? He and his sister kept following my kids around to every thing they went to see and photobombed every picture I tried to take of my girls. They were super annoying. I usually try not to get other people's kids in my trip report pics, but I'm sorry, there was no way around it this time! And I didn't see their parents around. Had that been my kids photobombing people, we would have pulled them aside and told them how rude they were being jumping into other people's pictures. Sheesh! Manners, people!

Why so serious, Lucy? (and that kid again!)

The sister is in this one.

Thankfully we got rid of the photobombers by this picture.

I think Jason took this one.

Now, my kids forget nothing. NOTHING! They remembered that last year at this rest stop they got Sponge Bob ice cream bars and they wanted them again. We went to purchase said ice cream bars but they didn't have Sponge Bob this year. They had Ninja Turtles instead. So, we got Ninja Turtles, but what we really ended up with was Sonic the Hedgehog! They didn't really care who it was. They just wanted the ice cream. This is the before picture.

This is the after. I didn't show this picture to my dad. He might not have liked the blue in his van, but we were VERY careful and made them use their trays, so none spilled.

I think Maura is channeling Gene Simmons there.

This is a picture they drew of our friend Daryck, Lucy's self-proclaimed "Frenemy." I believe he has fallen out of a window in this picture. They insisted we take a picture and post it to his Facebook. He loved it.

At 12:01pm, Jason and I heard this from the back seat: "Lucy, stop, your breath smells like poop. Like string cheese." ???????? Not sure what the heck that means, but Jason and I laughed so hard!

We stopped for gas for the last time at 12:50. We decided to take the turn pike this time, just for something different. In true to us form, it rained when we were about 30 minutes out from Disney. I swear, this happens to us EVERY trip! It was done by the time we got there, though.

Now, we really loved Linda, our GPS lady, but she committed a GPS faux pas of the worst kind coming up. We knew we were getting close. We got off on the exit that she told us to, that said "To Disney World." We knew we were headed in the right direction, but......are you ready for this?.... SHE DIDN'T TAKE US UNDER THE ARCH!!!!!!!

We went some po-dunk around the back way. We were on some service drive. We knew were on Disney property by the signs, but no arch! We were all a little sad, but couldn't let that put a damper on our trip. Thankfully,at 2:40pm we were seeing this.

Since I couldn't get a going-under-the-arch picture, I had to settle for a just-arrived-at-Port Orleans-picture.

We parked, and headed into the lobby! So excited to be here at last!

I hope to be back later for a longer update, but we're headed to the zoo today to see the new baby giraffe!

Okay, so we arrived at POR, parked, and headed in to get our room assignment. We had done online check in, and had actually gotten our room assignment texted to me a couple hours earlier, but since this was our first visit to POR, we wanted to go in and see the lobby and find out where the heck our area was. We got out of the car and it was HOT. Really hot. But, we expected that, so it wasn't a huge surprise. I think the recent rain had upped the humidity and made it seem hotter. My camera lens kept fogging up, but that didn't stop me from taking pictures. Here we are walking up to the door.

Upon entering, we were all given high fives by Birdie, one of the nicest CMs I have ever met. We didn't stop to take a picture as there were tons of people coming in, but I found a picture of him online so you can all see this awesome guy. We'll encounter him again later in the trip, but I still didn't get a picture.

You could tell he just loved his job and loved meeting new people.

Once getting inside, the girls headed right for the TV playing the cartoons.

They got in before all those other kids and got the chairs, but come on, Maura, if you're not going to sit in it, give it up! That child, I swear.

That's better.

I finally remembered this trip to always look up at Disney. Jason and I both looked up at the same time I guess and took similar pictures! First one is Jason's, second is mine.

We were quickly called up to the online check in desk and Mary Anne showed us where our room would be and gave us our little packet. We were assigned to Alligator Bayou, 2825. I was hoping we'd be in Alligator Bayou! The mansions are pretty, but too "stuffy" looking for my taste. I also knew we'd have a Murphy bed that I knew the girls would love. We drove around to the correct parking lot, and I ran in first to do the mandatory bed bug check. I took a few pics on my way.

It's so pretty! It really looks like the Louisiana Bayou.

Here was our section:

I found our room after a short walk and decided to take a couple pictures before it got all messy. Here are the beds. I so wanted one of those Louis pillows. I was hoping they sold them at the gift shop at the resort, but no luck.

The Murph:

I took more pictures later, but thought I had at least 2 good ones to start with. I walked back to the car, gave the family the all clear for bed bugs, and we started bringing our stuff back to the room. It took about 30 minutes to get everything in and settled. And then we wanted to go exploring! I was a little after 3:00 by this poing, and our dining ressie wasn't until 7, so we had some time. The girls were itching to go to the pool, too. We headed over to the Sassagoula Steamboat Company (the fancy name for the lobby/food court/arcade area) first to get our mugs.

There was no Mr. Happy at POR, but the girls did find this horse that they were just as happy with.

I have a feeling it serves the same purpose as Mr. Happy at CBR, to dissuade the surrey bikes from going that way, but this fit more with the theme here. We saw 2 of these horses at the funeral parlor around the corner from our house, and the girls were delighted to see them because it was "just like POR."

This was the view from the bridge overlooking the Sassagoula River on the way to the River Mill food court. Due to the fog on my camera lens, it kind of looks like a painting!

Here they are at the Mill just outside the Ol' Man Island pool. Maura is either showing her "tough girl" face, or she's mad because she just wants to get in the pool. I can't remember which.

On the way into the lobby they had to try the rocking chairs.

Maura still has blue remnants of her Sonic ice cream bar on her face.

They had to try out the furniture in the lobby.

And the hammock with the hot tub in the background.

We finally made it to the pool. I SWORE I took some picture, but I guess I didn't because I can't find them, so no pics. We enjoyed the pool and slide, but all agreed the theming was WAY better at CBR. However, on a hot day, the pool felt really good and we swam for about 45 minutes before we headed back to the room to get ready for our ADR. I took a closer pic of the Louis pillow. I really loved it. If anyone knows where you can buy the linens they have in the rooms, I'd love to know. I would seriously buy 2 of these pillows.

We got cleaned up and dressed and headed out! We wanted to take the boats from POR to Disney Springs (as Downtown Disney is now called.)

continued in next post.

So we headed over to the boats. We had really been looking forward to taking them. We get there and THEY WERE CLOSED DUE TO LIGHTENING IN THE AREA!!!!! From what we could tell, the sun was shining, but we also know Disney doesn't mess around with stuff like lightening, so though disappointed, we knew it was for our safety. We were going to walk back to the car, but the kids BEGGED to take the bus. Begged. Jason and I are not fans of the busses. We just figure we have a car and it's much faster and more predictable to drive, but we also recognize that this is the kids vacation too, so we decided to give in and take the bus. We very grudgingly gave in and took the bus. You can see how happy Jason was about this decision.

The kids are having a good old time, but Jason didn't even crack a smile. I didn't blame him. It was about 6. Our ressie was at 7. The next Disney Springs bus wasn't scheduled to come until 6:15 and it seemed everyone at the bus stop was going to the same place. We waited. And waited. And waited. It was creeping up on 6:35 and still no bus. At least 1 of every other bus had come, and still no Disney Springs bus. We were in line waiting to be sure we got on. FINALLY, at about 6:40 the bus came. We moved slowly through the line and were some of the last to get on. Lucy loved that she didn't have a seat because she got to stand and hold onto that strap thing. Maura wasn't happy, because she couldn't reach them.

Thankfully, the ride was short and we were there by 6:50, with 10 minutes to spare. We even had time to grab this quick pic before heading to our destination.

I see Jason took one too.

Finally, we made it. Yes, we were at T-Rex. Just as we reached the front door of T-Rex, the skies opened up and the downpour started. Was that good timing, or what?

We gave them our name and got in line and were seated in no time. Jason got this pic while we were waiting in the line to be taken to our table.

This place looks so cool inside! We were seated in the area outside the ice cave near several of the dinosaurs. And this big caterpillar.

Here was our view of the ice cave:

The kids put on their hats right away and we started looking at the menus.

Chandler, our server, was quickly at our table taking our drink orders. The kids had seen big souvenir bottles with slushes in them and asked if the could have those. Well duh, we're on vacation, of course you can! So Lucy picked the purple and Maura the pink. Jason got a beer and I had a sweet tea.

Here's Jason and Maura in a heated game of Tic Tac Toe after we'd placed our orders.

Here are their bottles with the slushes in them. I actually think they were Icees. There were little toy dinosaurs in the bottom part, too, that you could remove and take out. They love those things. They have been taking them to school as their water bottles.

Jason with his beer. Looking at it, I actually think it's an Angry Orchard cider.

Some ambiance.

That sign says Sequoia Room. I believe that's the room we were sat in.

The ice cave in a different color.

Every 15 minutes or so at T-Rex, there is a meteor shower, and all the dinosaurs and other animals move and growl and the lights go on and off. It thunders and the ice cave changes color. Really cool!

Jason snapped this picture while we were waiting for our food. I really love it and you get to see yours truly for once!

And then the food arrived. I had the Mammoth Mushroom Ravioli. Walk on the wild side with our massive mushroom ravioli simmered in a rich lobster cream sauce with Roma tomatoes and fresh spinach. $19.99. Wow. It was so yummy!

And that giant hunk of garlic goodness on the plate with it? OMG. So tasty.

Lucy had the Jurassic Chicken Tidbits. Dinosaur-shaped chicken served with choice of side and drink. $8.99.

Seriously, what child do you know who can eat 8 chicken nuggets. 8?!?!?!?!?! She didn't eat them all. Jason might have finished them.

Jason got the Pork-asaurus Sandwich. Smoked pulled pork simmered in BBQ sauce, served on a toasted bun with an onion ring and coleslaw. Served with waffle fries. $15.99. Here he's threatening to punch me whilst I take a photo of his food.

I was fast so he could eat. No punching was necessary.

Maura had the Sly's Slider. Char-broiled mini burger with American cheese served with choice of side and drink. $8.99. The drinks the kids got weren't included in the drink choices, though. those were more. I believe they were $8 each. Totally worth it.

Everything was good. We really like this place! It will be a for sure go to on every trip. I don't think the kids would allow it not to be.

Some more scenery shots.

The girls had seen a desert go by that looked good and so we let them try it. It was the Chocolate Tarpit. Creamy chocolate pudding with crushed Oreo® cookies and gummy worms. $2.99.

We all tried it and it was tasty!

Our bellies full, we settled the bill and headed out to see what else was going on in Disney Springs. But that will have to wait until another day!

Great start to the trip! I agree that the pool theming at CBR is much better than that at POR, but in the end, a pool is still a pool. Especially in Florida, in August :)

LOL about Chick-fil-A! While I don't typically do boycotts (since I assume EVERY product can be linked to something I don't like, if I dig deep enough), I did stay away from CFA for a while during that whole mess, because I didn't want people to see me and assume I was part of the "I only now like CFA for their social positions" crowd. You'd be amazed at how many people on political forums seem to forget that they do sell food. Or, maybe not. There are A LOT of crazy phenomena on internet political forums. I often wonder if I'm "doing it wrong" by supporting them solely because I like their actual product. Anyway, in the end, it seems CFA's ownership did change some of their rhetoric, at least a little, to the dismay of some political pundits (whom I won't name, but personally do not like), so there isn't really any reason to boycott anymore. Plus, their chicken is the best around. Now, if only they'd start opening on Sundays...but that's a rant for a different day.

On to the less controversial restaurants now...T-Rex looks awesome! We've never been there, but keep hearing good things. The theming is really cool, too.

Your girls are nutty, and I mean that as a compliment :)

Somewhat off topic, but not entirely, since I saw the photo of the girls with the Clearwater Aquarium advertisement...the Aquarium has live webcams. And they're addictive. Be warned.

Looking forward to more updates!

What am update!!! Funny as you know we do the same trek and we did the same resort last year!!!
Fun reliving it except the drive..

LOVE all the pictures!!! i have more to say but alas my head is in a different place right now!!!

:wave2: I'm following along.

I could tell by the Spanish moss on the trees.
I never knew what that was. Thanks for the lesson. I absolutely love the look of this stuff. So beautiful.

We went some po-dunk around the back way. We were on some service drive. We knew were on Disney property by the signs, but no arch!
Our GPS took us that way one year. I was really happy because it was way faster than going the "front way" but I missed not seeing the arch. Come to think of it. I believe we were heading to POFQ that trip. Hmmm. It must be a faster way to that particular resort area.

We also really enjoyed T-Rex when we were there with our kids oh about 8 years ago. We didn't go on the most recent trip just because of timing but I'll probably try to squeeze it in for the next one... whenever that is.

I could tell by the Spanish moss on the trees.

I was 8 years old on my first trip to Disney World. I remember just a few things about the trip and the Spanish moss is one of them. I think I saw it on the trees when we were on Discovery Island.

SHE DIDN'T TAKE US UNDER THE ARCH!!!!!!!

We drove to WDW in 2001 and did it straight through from Indiana - 16 hours. Emily was only 4 years old and by the time we got to Disney she was fast asleep so she missed the arch. Then we drove again in 2002 but somehow ended up going in the back way and missed the arch. Since then we've flown down and taken a car service. The drivers are always so nice and try to slow down enough so we can get pictures of the arch.

We saw 2 of these horses at the funeral parlor around the corner from our house, and the girls were delighted to see them because it was "just like POR."

This cracked me up. We crazed Disney fans see Disney everywhere!!

We were going to walk back to the car, but the kids BEGGED to take the bus. Begged. Jason and I are not fans of the busses.

We are not fans of the bus either. If we can't take the monorail or a boat we take a taxi.

The way you describe your Maura is the way I would describe my Noah (age 8) :tongue:
So I'm definitely following along! ::yes::

Claire!! I'm so glad your back with a TR!!!

I have been a slacky-slackerson but now I am all caught up!

You guys are having a great start to your trip; hope the rest is as good. T-Rex looks like such fun!! I've never been, maybe when we go in 2017 for DDs first trip? I know my partner would love it!!

Can't wait to see the rest!:flower1:

What? Your GPS didn't take you through the heavenly gates otherwise known as the WDW arch? I'd have tossed her out the window right then and there.

The Alligator Bayou rooms are so cute! I love the pillows too! There used to be a website that sold some of the linens used in the WDW resorts but I can't remember the name.

Poor Jason, he was not happy about having to take a bus to Disney Springs. But, the girls were happy with it so that's really all that matters. Goodness gracious, what I wouldn't give to be eating at T-Rex right now. We've had that pork sandwich and it was absolutely delish!

Great start to the trip! I agree that the pool theming at CBR is much better than that at POR, but in the end, a pool is still a pool. Especially in Florida, in August :)

Totally. We were all so happy to get in that pool. It was so refreshing.

LOL about Chick-fil-A! While I don't typically do boycotts (since I assume EVERY product can be linked to something I don't like, if I dig deep enough), I did stay away from CFA for a while during that whole mess, because I didn't want people to see me and assume I was part of the "I only now like CFA for their social positions" crowd. You'd be amazed at how many people on political forums seem to forget that they do sell food. Or, maybe not. There are A LOT of crazy phenomena on internet political forums. I often wonder if I'm "doing it wrong" by supporting them solely because I like their actual product. Anyway, in the end, it seems CFA's ownership did change some of their rhetoric, at least a little, to the dismay of some political pundits (whom I won't name, but personally do not like), so there isn't really any reason to boycott anymore. Plus, their chicken is the best around. Now, if only they'd start opening on Sundays...but that's a rant for a different day.

The. Best. Chicken. I seriously have no idea what they do to it but it's so yummy.

On to the less controversial restaurants now...T-Rex looks awesome! We've never been there, but keep hearing good things. The theming is really cool, too.

It's really cool. You should try it one of these years! Our girls have told us it's their number one must do every time we go to Disney!

Your girls are nutty, and I mean that as a compliment :)

Thank you. And they are! They certainly keep us entertained.

Somewhat off topic, but not entirely, since I saw the photo of the girls with the Clearwater Aquarium advertisement...the Aquarium has live webcams. And they're addictive. Be warned.

I haven't checked them out yet because you said they are addictive, but I'm going to have to one of these days! That dolphin statue is right in front of the welcome center. I'd like to visit that aquarium sometime and see the real Winter.

Looking forward to more updates!

Finally more coming in a few!

What am update!!! Funny as you know we do the same trek and we did the same resort last year!!!
Fun reliving it except the drive..

Ah, the drive. We've done it so many times and gotten so used to it I barely notice it anymore!

LOVE all the pictures!!! i have more to say but alas my head is in a different place right now!!!

Well I now know why your head was in a different place!

:wave2: I'm following along.

Hello and :welcome:! Glad to have you!

I never knew what that was. Thanks for the lesson. I absolutely love the look of this stuff. So beautiful.

We later learned when we went to the Homasassa Wildlife Park after Disney that it's actually neither Spanish, or moss! It's a flowering plant that grows on the trees and it originated in America! Crazy, huh? But it's called Spanish Moss!

Our GPS took us that way one year. I was really happy because it was way faster than going the "front way" but I missed not seeing the arch. Come to think of it. I believe we were heading to POFQ that trip. Hmmm. It must be a faster way to that particular resort area.

I assumed it was the faster way to POR too and it did seem a bit shorter, but the kids especially were disappointed. We got over it quickly, though.

We also really enjoyed T-Rex when we were there with our kids oh about 8 years ago. We didn't go on the most recent trip just because of timing but I'll probably try to squeeze it in for the next one... whenever that is.

Do it! It's a favorite! I wish they'd open more of them. There are several Rain Forest Cafes, owned by the same company, so how about a few more T-Rex's?

I was 8 years old on my first trip to Disney World. I remember just a few things about the trip and the Spanish moss is one of them. I think I saw it on the trees when we were on Discovery Island.

It's just so pretty! I saw it for the first time when I went to New Orleans in 1996 and just thought it was the coolest stuff!

We drove to WDW in 2001 and did it straight through from Indiana - 16 hours. Emily was only 4 years old and by the time we got to Disney she was fast asleep so she missed the arch. Then we drove again in 2002 but somehow ended up going in the back way and missed the arch. Since then we've flown down and taken a car service. The drivers are always so nice and try to slow down enough so we can get pictures of the arch.

That's so nice that they stop! It was sad, but we couldn't be TOO upset, seeing as we were in Disney. And 16 hours from Indiana! Awesome! We could do it in one day if we had just 16 hours.

This cracked me up. We crazed Disney fans see Disney everywhere!!

I know. And we walk past it all the time and EVERY time they point it out.

We are not fans of the bus either. If we can't take the monorail or a boat we take a taxi.

We had no excuse! We had our car! But, we gave into the girls. Just that once, though. If they hadn't been so disappointed about the boats not running, we wouldn't have done it.

I'm loving this TR! Your family looks so fun-- and a fun family in Disney World is perfection ;) Can't wait to read more!

:welcome: Thanks for joining! We are pretty fun! Most of the time. More is coming very shortly!

The way you describe your Maura is the way I would describe my Noah (age 8) :tongue:
So I'm definitely following along! ::yes::

Oh, awesome! I hope she doesn't disappoint. :joker: And :welcome:! Glad to have you !

Claire!! I'm so glad your back with a TR!!!

Yes! I was so excited to write another one.

I have been a slacky-slackerson but now I am all caught up!

I've been a slacky-slackerson too, but another update is coming soon! And I just got caught up with your TR!

You guys are having a great start to your trip; hope the rest is as good. T-Rex looks like such fun!! I've never been, maybe when we go in 2017 for DDs first trip? I know my partner would love it!!

The rest WAS good! You'll see.:) Definitely do T-Rex. It's so cool!

Can't wait to see the rest!:flower1:

More coming in a few minutes!

Following along!

Yay! :welcome:

What? Your GPS didn't take you through the heavenly gates otherwise known as the WDW arch? I'd have tossed her out the window right then and there.

I totally considered that, but it was on Jason's phone and I would have been a dead woman had I tossed his beloved phone!

The Alligator Bayou rooms are so cute! I love the pillows too! There used to be a website that sold some of the linens used in the WDW resorts but I can't remember the name.

Oooh, if you remember it, let me know. I"d love to add that to my Christmas list! Especially since we got a new couch and those pillows would go great with them! The rooms there were so adorable. We'll go back again some time. Jason was missing CBR though, so I'm sure next trip we'll be back there.

Poor Jason, he was not happy about having to take a bus to Disney Springs. But, the girls were happy with it so that's really all that matters. Goodness gracious, what I wouldn't give to be eating at T-Rex right now. We've had that pork sandwich and it was absolutely delish!

It was about the girls. And except for the horrendous wait to get TO Disney Springs, the bus wasn't too bad. It's a short ride from POR, that's for sure!

Okay, where the heck was I? Oh yeah. We'd just finished eating at T-Rex. We got to the front of the restaurant to see the rain had thankfully stopped. Those short Florida storms, I tell you. We did some browsing at a few of the shops. We stopped into World of Disney, but didn't stay too long. We knew we'd find more stuff in the parks in the coming days. We made it out without purchasing any stuffed animals, which is huge for us! The girls did get some of those tiny Disney figures. The surprise packs where you get 3 in a package? They each got 1 Star Wars and 1 regular.

We saw a cool topiary and stopped for a picture.

The girls did of course have to try and get squirted by Stitch outside WOD.

Lego Store was next. We really just took pictures in here and the girls each got a Simpsons mini figure. We have a Lego store at home that we visit often, but we still had to check out the big Lego sculptures.

That last one was with the Lego Friends girl. My kids have several sets of those, but I still don't understand why they had to make "girl" Legos. I loved all Legos as a kid. I still do. Thankfully, Lucy did ask for Star Wars Legos for her birthday and got the Mos Isley Cantina set. VERY cool.

Hulk

Maleficent.

I guess we missed Cinderella outside WOD because we had to get a picture with her too.

Next we stopped into Basin. I wanted to get one of those sliced soaps with Mickey heads in it. It seriously took Jason and I about 15 minutes to choose one. We had to smell each and every one. We finally decided on one. I'd take a picture, but we already used it up! It smelled really good. We also got one of those big bath balls that fizzes when you put it in the tub. Ours had a prize in it. It was one of those little plastic tablets that you put in the tub. When the plastic dissolves, you have a little sponge animal. We got a giraffe. Those fizzing bath balls are fun and they made the girls bath smell really good one night.

We started heading back to the bus, but stopped for a couple pictures along the way.

Outside Rainforest Cafe. We've been told we need to go to Gurnee Mills near our house and eat there. The girls insist!

Don't even ask what this is because I surely don't know, but I sure took a picture of it!

I sure married a looker!

Back to the bus and we waited just a few minutes. It was sprinkling a bit, but not too bad. We were back at POR in enough time to do a little more exploring of the resort. When we got back into the room though, the girls found this on the bed. Well, it was an envelope that had this in it.

Princess Tiana had left a note and some gift cards! I swear, my kids are so lucky. I know Maura bought at least 1 stuffed animal with hers. Lucy was more selective and I believe got a charm bracelet and some charms with hers!

The girls and I headed back to Sassagoula Steamboat Company to look around. Jason didn't come with us because I believe he went in search of a Walgreens for something. I seriously can't remember what and it's driving me crazy. I can't ask him because he's sleeping already. I'll find out, though. I do know he found a Walgreens less than 5 minutes away, though.

Our first stop was the lobby to make some pressed pennies. We'd brought a whole roll of shiny new pennies and a roll of quarters to make as many as we could find. The girls each chose the one they wanted and we continued on. We stopped to refill our mugs and then headed slowly over to the arcade. We took some pics along the way.

Look up!

You can see the River Roost in the background here. We had wanted to catch a bit of Yeehaw Bob Jackson's show that night, but he must have had the night off, because he sure wasn't the guy who was there! We decided to continue on our adventure instead.

The girls had to try out every sitting area and insisted I take their picture.

I have no idea why Maura is in the fetal position. I told you she's crazy.

We found the arcade, just so we'd know where it was for future reference. We couldn't go there without Jason! Next we went into Fulton's General Store, the gift shop at POR. It was a really fun store and had a lot of stuff to look at. Maura tried on some hats.

Lucy photobombed:

They had these cute little scenes all over. Look at Maura's face in this one.

Lucy is digging the ice out of her drink here. She may not have even gotten a beverage. Just ice. It was that soft, small cubed ice and she was enjoying it I guess.

We headed back to the room to get ready for the next day. We were headed to the MK and were supposed to meet the rest of our group at 9am. We had hoped to make it early enough for the Welcome show. I snapped this pic going back to our room. Ours is straight back on the left.

The girls made a parade with their little treasures from Disney Springs. You can see Selma is leading the band.

Maura was in the Murphy that night.

Lucy was ready with their 200 stuffed animals in her bed.

We hit the sack ready for the magic to begin!

(continued in next post)

We were woken up by Baymax at 7am. Showers had been taken the night before, so we just needed to get dressed and pack up our backpack for the day. We left our room by 8am, but Jason wanted to stop at Riverside Mill Foodcourt and get some coffee. I figured we'd all fill our mugs. We were in and out pretty quick, and then we saw Birdie again! He stopped to talk with the girls for a minute. Asked where we were from, if this was our first visit, and then he pulled 2 little frog finger puppets out of his pocket and gave one to each of the girls! They were Tiana and Naveen of course and the girls were thrilled! I'm so mad I didn't take a picture. SO MAD! We had a really nice little chat with Birdie and went on our way.

Before too long, we were seeing this!

We got a really close parking spot since it was so early. We didn't even need to take the tram to the Ticketing and Transportation Center. We could walk we were so close! We were hoping to get in line for the monorail, but it wasn't running yet? I guess they are still doing work on it. Thankfully, the ferry was almost full, so we got right on and took off almost immediately. WE then found out our friends we were meeting had JUST missed the ferry, so they were on the next one. From the ferry, we could hear the Welcome show start. WE saw the fireworks. Saw the train from a distance. And we missed the whole thing. I was sad. I had never seen it before, and was really hoping to, but next time I guess. We'll catch it at some point!

We were quickly through bag check, and I guess I took this while waiting.

We sat on the benches right next to the entrance that goes under the train tracks to wait for our friends. Maura got a hold of the camera and did some shooting of her own.

She actually did a decent job!

We saw our friends coming through bag check about then! We all said hello, and the girls gave Indiana (who will go by Indy from now on) the autograph book they had made her. She really liked it and showed them the sticker book she had brought where she had artfully arranged all the princesses she hoped to meet while here! We told her we'd see what we could do.

Oooh! I forgot, just our family did get our first PP shots of the trip while we were waiting.

It was sunny that day, my friends!

We started walking down Main Street and Indy got her first real glimpse of the castle. Karyn was watching her reaction and Indy was so excited! We stopped for a few more PP with all of us. So, here are the rest of our group for the next 2 days! We were so excited to be here with them, at one of our favorite places. Bill and Karyn hadn't been to Disney since high school. Karyn said she was so glad I planned everything for us and loved the FP+ system. So, without further ado, here we all our!

Bill and I were sporting our Wisconsin pride that day!

Lucy and Maura got a magic shot. They tried to get Indy to join, but she wasn't quite sure yet and sat this one out. She got into it later! She was itching to meet some princesses, anyway.

We kept heading down Main Street. Karyn wanted to get as close to the castle as we could and get some pictures of Indy. We of course oblidged her. I know Karyn took some pics, but she hasn't sent me any, so you'll have to use your imagination. I did apparently take a selfie, though.

Look at that refurb wall around the castle. I know it's for the greater good, but it was still sad.

Our first FP+ of the day was for 9:40, so we had a little time. We headed over to Fantasyland and saw the line for Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was really short, so we jumped in! Our first ride of the trip! Lucy and Maura were excited to show Indy all the interactive stuff in line, too. Since the line was short, they didn't have too much time to stop and play, but they did get to check stuff out a little.

Watching for the gophers:

Bumblebee Track:

Honey Wall! This was the favorite for sure.

Before too long we were on our honey pot!

Everyone enjoyed it! Indy especially. We stopped in the dump shop and Maura purchased her first stuffed animal of the trip. She got an Eeyore that you can actually take the tail off of! We also saw these really cute round stuffed Piglets. Lucy and Maura wanted to get their cousin, Rita, one because she loves pigs. We knew we'd be back at MK in a few days, so we told them we'd get one then. Remember this!

It was almost time for our first FP+, but that will have to wait for another day. Along with one of my favorite moments of the trip! Stay tuned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter