"Who wants to sit in the Yak chair?" Sheesh it was hot. An August 2015 TR Updated 11/7

We headed over to La Gran Fiesta with the 3 Cabelleros. I know a lot of people don't like this ride, but I never saw the original installment, so I enjoy this one. My girls love it when Donald loses his bathing suit. They talk about that often, even still.

Poor Donald.

I love the fireworks at the end!

As always, the kids loved it.

We looked around the pavilion a bit and the kids each picked up a Kidcot bear and got it signed. We then heard the boys were in Norway drinking, so we headed there. Of course the girls wanted another signature on their bears, so we headed into the Norway pavilion.

Well, you can't go in there without seeing this guy!

They kind of rock, those kids.

We found Bill and Jason in a little beer garden of sorts and we looked around while they finished their beers.

Creeper.

This shirt made me chuckle.

The sun was setting and it made World Showcase look gorgeous!

Beers finished (for now), we trekked on and found ourselves in China. We had never explored this pavilion a ton and I really wanted to see the terra cotta soldiers, so in we went! Of course picture were taken along the way. Not only do I enjoy taking lots of pictures, I'm sure you've noticed my children love posing for them also, the sillier the better, so I give you Lucy with a Chinese dog.

Oh, and that thing in her hand? One of those giant jaw breakers on a stick. She'd been working on that since The Seas with Nemo and Friends earlier that morning. Thank goodness it came in a plastic Mickey head protective covering. She kept plugging away on it!

Before we got to the terra cotta soldiers, we were side tracked by that store with the cool toys outside. You know, the plates you spin on the sticks, those balancing sticks and that yo yo type thing on the string. You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you. What, aren't my descriptions spot on? Okay, I'll show you.

(continued in next post)

Those kept them entertained for quite a while, but I finally put the kabbosh on it. I wanted to see the soldiers!

In we went and they were so much smaller than I expected! I guess from seeing the pictures others had taken, they looked so much bigger. We really enjoyed looking at all the different faces. The girls surprisingly enjoyed it as much as we did, I think.

Totally impressed and I was glad we finally got to see them! After spending about 15-20 minutes looking around, we drifted back outside to take some more pictures.

This one is a little fuzzy, but I like it. And I see Bill lost his shirt again.

We decided to start heading over to find a spot for Illuminations. Jason and I hadn't seen this show since 2001 and it was a first for everyone else! We found a spot near America and settled in. Goofy things started happening.

Indy. She cracks me up.

Maura couldn't be outdone.

Once we had a spot staked out, I took Lucy to get a treat she had been waiting a year for. If you read my last trip report, you'll recall Lucy had wanted a funnel cake from the little place in America. I had said no because it wasn't a snack credit, and frankly, because I was just being mean. I seriously felt guilty about it for a year and had promised her we'd get her a funnel cake no matter what. Well, here we were. The line was pretty long, but a promise is a promise, and it actually moved pretty fast. She chose the funnel cake with chocolate and powdered sugar. Here it is almost our turn.

With her half eaten prize.

Maura dug in too. She has such good manners.

Just as we finished up the funnel cake, Illuminations started, and it didn't disappoint. Everyone loved it. Karyn especially was in awe. And Indy, well, she was rocking out to the music!

After Illuminations, it was time to head out. We also had to say goodbye to the Es, as they were heading home tomorrow. We told them how much fun it had been to do Disney with them and hoped we could do it again in a couple years. Spoiler alert, we have talked about it since! Nothing is even sort of finalized, but we may go back with them on our next trip!

Back at POR, our animals had been up to no good again!

We decided to go for a swim, which felt really good after that hot day. Maura even got brave and tried the waterslide, and loved it! I think she went down about 50 times.

After swimming, we headed back and hit the hay. We had another exciting day tomorrow! Stitch was ready.

Welcome back!

Before we got to the terra cotta soldiers, we were side tracked by that store with the cool toys outside. You know, the plates you spin on the sticks, those balancing sticks and that yo yo type thing on the string. You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you.

I do! I do! We hit that place every year. And, every year, we say the same thing: "that's just going to end up at the bottom of the toy box."

We have the plate and the yo-yo, but have so far avoided the puppets.

I wanted to see the soldiers!

In we went and they were so much smaller than I expected! I guess from seeing the pictures others had taken, they looked so much bigger.

The Onion did a hilarious video a few years back called, "Beijing Olympics: Is it just a trap?" One of the arguments was that China had armies of miniature soldiers ready to come to life to kill our athletes :)

Anyway, great TR, as usual! Sounds like a really fun trip.

UGH! I had all these things quoted and the Dis said "NO YOU MAY NOT QUOTE THAT" and took them all away!

I'm glad you're back! I super missed all the photos of your awesome family.

There were quite a few good ones in these updates... I think a favorite would be the girls posing with the giant troll. Fantastic.

Glad you guys are planning a possible trip with your friends. I'd love to do that. Probably have to go with my little family first though...

See you soon!

Seriously, just busy. Girl Scout cookie mom, gymnastics, judging middle school forensics, plus work and life. But that's no excuse.

slacker

This was a yodeling contest. If I remember correctly the guy on the left won, but they were all surprisingly good!

They didn't do this when we were there!! This is a riot!

We loved the Biergarten and will definitely return on future trips.

YAY!!! we love it too.. so fun and totally Delish!

while Bill and Jason set off to find more beer.

hrumph always after the beer and didn't bring you one.

I promise, Maura isn't picking her nose, just scratching.

mmmm hummmm

EPCOT_WSMEX_7438274749_zpsfjiy4wo4.jpeg

Ah yes maybe she was...

so I enjoy this one.

Love this ride!!!

I love the fireworks at the end!

Me too.. I think it's a great ride!

They kind of rock, those kids.

I agree!

The sun was setting and it made World Showcase look gorgeous!

Ohh Twilight.. Nothing better than twilight in Disney.

Those kept them entertained for quite a while, but I finally put the kabbosh on it. I wanted to see the soldiers!

HA HA HA! I know those things they WILL keep kids busy FOREVER!

In we went and they were so much smaller than I expected! I guess from seeing the pictures others had taken, they looked so much bigger.

I was shocked too.. Apparently the real ones are life size. I am sure they didn't have the room for such a display!

Indy. She cracks me up.

Maura couldn't be outdone.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

and frankly, because I was just being mean.

I love this.

Spoiler alert, we have talked about it since! Nothing is even sort of finalized, but we may go back with them on our next trip!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am excited for you!

Sooo...I don't know WHAT HAPPENED but I got super behind. Like months!! :confused3 And i'm so sorry:blush: but playing catch up now!

They looked like Kiss rockers by this point with the state of their makeup.

Oh my gosh totally! :rotfl:

This one looks like she was drunk and fell off a chair.

:laughing:

Even with all the makeup coming off, she still looks adorable.

Hmmmmm....their hand placement is a bit questionable in this one.

:lmao:True, but it's still such a good pic!

Wow Maura's makeup is still doing pretty good, surprisingly!

Next was Minnie and her Prancing Poodles. Lucy looks like someone punched her.

:rotfl2:I was totally going to say that!

It is really pretty at night. We're never over in that area when it's dark so it's cool to see.

I'd do this to DH too! We're good wives like that ::yes::

Holy moly, so many animals, i'm jealous! Love the Stitch Tsum Tsum. Those are the only stuffed animals DH lets DS collect because they're small.

:rotfl:

Lucy tried the entire time to give them bunny ears. She's at that age where that is hilarious.

I still do this from time to time :blush:

You can also see Lucy's baby Stitch.

Oh my gosh, what a cute baby Stitch! I want!

David Puddy came on

:thumbsup2

Now that I have dug myself out from the holiday and post-holiday mess

Yep this always kills me on the DIS. That and our WDW trips lately have been right after Christmas which puts me stupid behind.

So, I started looking around and found this one on Craigslist for $40. $40!!!!!!!

Great find!

Baby Jack!!!:faint: Okay that I just need to have, obviously!

The song at the end was so catchy we were all singing it for quite a while afterwards. "One little spark, from me and you..." I know you're all singing it now.

Oh yes this song. You can sing it for days!

We were on the ride in about 30 seconds and we saw the chicken.

Is there some hidden meaning behind the chicken?? I must know!

Who knew pepper came from this?

Pfft, I sure didn't.

but Karyn said "Oh, that's pretty good, what is that one?"

What the heck?!?:confused3:rotfl:She's got a different palatte that's for sure

Has she ever lost any in the parks? There's so many to keep track of! :faint:

FINALLY Jason came back. I swear, it was about 20-25 minutes he was doctoring himself up, but he said it felt better. Let me tell you adults, Desitin isn't just for babies. It works wonders on adults too. His inner thighs were chafed from the heat/sweat/walking and he coated them up and it really worked! So, with everyone back in good health, we started wandering over to World Showcase.

I NEVER thought about this! This is DH for sure, especially if he wears the wrong underwear that day. Great tip thanks! :thumbsup2

Will be back to read the rest!

SHAMEFUL!!!! Where have I been for the last 2 months you ask? Seriously, just busy.

I know the feeling and all is forgiven! I hate when life gets in the way of DIS'ing.

There were A LOT of carbs at this meal!

Ain't nothing wrong with that!

She is a Wisconsinite after all.

I'm a true Wisconsinite at heart. Cheese is one of my most favorite things!!!:love:

It's just easier to pay the bill when you feel pretty :laughing:

Look at this, 3 autograph books at a time!

Such a pro.

Love their faces :rotfl2:

Oh heck no, how creepy!

Thank goodness it came in a plastic Mickey head protective covering. She kept plugging away on it!

Brilliant idea! Now I want one, knowing I can eat and put it away as much as I please.

Once we had a spot staked out, I took Lucy to get a treat she had been waiting a year for. If you read my last trip report, you'll recall Lucy had wanted a funnel cake from the little place in America. I had said no because it wasn't a snack credit, and frankly, because I was just being mean. I seriously felt guilty about it for a year and had promised her we'd get her a funnel cake no matter what. Well, here we were. The line was pretty long, but a promise is a promise, and it actually moved pretty fast. She chose the funnel cake with chocolate and powdered sugar. Here it is almost our turn.

Yay! Glad she got her funnel cake this time. I'm not sure if i've ever had one?? :blush:

All caught up! party:

Welcome back!

Yeah, thanks! Three months ago. I'm a terrible TR writer this year. Life just keeps getting in the way and I don't like it! I miss the Dis!

I do! I do! We hit that place every year. And, every year, we say the same thing: "that's just going to end up at the bottom of the toy box."

We have the plate and the yo-yo, but have so far avoided the puppets.

We managed to avoid all of it this trip. We did end up with a panda umbrella, but that's a very useful item that gets used a lot.

The Onion did a hilarious video a few years back called, "Beijing Olympics: Is it just a trap?" One of the arguments was that China had armies of miniature soldiers ready to come to life to kill our athletes :)
:rotfl2:I need to look that up.

Anyway, great TR, as usual! Sounds like a really fun trip.

It was. And I'm sad we aren't going this year, BUT we are going to Cedar Point in July. Not quite Disney, but we are all really excited to ride the coasters there. And we're going to check out Dollywood too. Disney will be next year. Your trip must be getting close!

UGH! I had all these things quoted and the Dis said "NO YOU MAY NOT QUOTE THAT" and took them all away!

Well that stinks. :sad1:
I'm glad you're back! I super missed all the photos of your awesome family.

Yes, I was back, and then I wasn't again. I really hope now that summer is here and we don't have activities 4 nights a week that I will be a better TR host!

There were quite a few good ones in these updates... I think a favorite would be the girls posing with the giant troll. Fantastic

That is a goodie. My kids are crazy. Indy is too..

Glad you guys are planning a possible trip with your friends. I'd love to do that. Probably have to go with my little family first though...

I really hope it works out! We will be going regardless, but going with friends would be fun.

See you soon!

Well, you didn't, but you will now.

slacker

Tell me about it!

They didn't do this when we were there!! This is a riot!

It was hysterical.

YAY!!! we love it too.. so fun and totally Delish!

For sure! We will go back!

hrumph always after the beer and didn't bring you one.

Eh, I didn't want one. I'm not a drinker. I know, I know, I come from the beer capitol of America and I don't drink. It's just not my thing. I hate the taste. He could have brought me a diet soda though.

mmmm hummmm

She was totally picking.

Ah yes maybe she was...

Yep.

Love this ride!!!

It is a fun little one. It gets mentioned in our house at least once a week.

Me too.. I think it's a great ride!

Yep!

I agree!

:thanks:

Ohh Twilight.. Nothing better than twilight in Disney.

Seriously, nothing. It's the best.

HA HA HA! I know those things they WILL keep kids busy FOREVER!

Yes. They would have kept playing and playing and playing...

I was shocked too.. Apparently the real ones are life size. I am sure they didn't have the room for such a display!

That makes sense. No matter the size, they were really cool.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

They're crazy.

I love this.

At least I admitted it. And I felt much better after she got her funnel cake. She has declared she'll be getting one at the State Fair this year.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am excited for you!

Me too! :mickeyjum

Sooo...I don't know WHAT HAPPENED but I got super behind. Like months!! :confused3 And i'm so sorry:blush: but playing catch up now!

No worries! I"m still months behind clearly!

Oh my gosh totally! :rotfl:

:laughing:

Even with all the makeup coming off, she still looks adorable.

Those pictures. I can't even.

:lmao:True, but it's still such a good pic!

Wow Maura's makeup is still doing pretty good, surprisingly!

IT did fare pretty well considering how hot it was. Well, until the next morning.

:rotfl2:I was totally going to say that!

Poor girl.

It is really pretty at night. We're never over in that area when it's dark so it's cool to see.

It's my favorite ride at night at Disney.

I'd do this to DH too! We're good wives like that ::yes::

Totally.

Holy moly, so many animals, i'm jealous! Love the Stitch Tsum Tsum. Those are the only stuffed animals DH lets DS collect because they're small.
We ALL love the Tsum Tsums here. We just got the Haunted Mansion collection!

Told you the makeup looked horrible the next morning.

I still do this from time to time :blush:

Who doesn't really?

Oh my gosh, what a cute baby Stitch! I want!

He is cute. And we have 2 of him.

:thumbsup2

I love David Puddy.

Yep this always kills me on the DIS. That and our WDW trips lately have been right after Christmas which puts me stupid behind.

Everything seems to get me behind lately! I'm really going to try hard to keep up better.

Great find!

It so was. And now that the weather is consistently nice, she uses it all the time.

Baby Jack!!!:faint: Okay that I just need to have, obviously!

Of course you do! I believe he came from Hot Topic? He was one of MY Christmas presents, but I haven't seen him since.

Oh yes this song. You can sing it for days!

Days. It's back in my head right now.

Is there some hidden meaning behind the chicken?? I must know!

No. For some reason, we just find it hilarious!

Pfft, I sure didn't.

The things you learn in Living with the Land.

What the heck?!?:confused3:rotfl:She's got a different palatte that's for sure

I know! I couldn't believe it when she said it wasn't that bad. My kids were so waiting for her to make a face.

Has she ever lost any in the parks? There's so many to keep track of! :faint:

No thankfully. That would be the biggest tragedy in the world.

I NEVER thought about this! This is DH for sure, especially if he wears the wrong underwear that day. Great tip thanks! :thumbsup2

You're welcome! He just thought if it worked on a baby, why not try it?
Will be back to read the rest!

I will finally be adding more tonight! Three months later.

I know the feeling and all is forgiven! I hate when life gets in the way of DIS'ing.

And it has yet again. Now with summer here though, I should have more evening time.

Ain't nothing wrong with that!

MMMMMMMM....carbs.

I'm a true Wisconsinite at heart. Cheese is one of my most favorite things!!!:love:

Awesome! You'd fit in great!

It's just easier to pay the bill when you feel pretty :laughing:

It totally is. Especially when you've had some beers to go with your pretty hat.

Such a pro.

Yes. Yes I am. :rotfl2:

Love their faces :rotfl2:

OMG that troll picture. They were so funny.

Oh heck no, how creepy!

Totally. He kept staring at me.

Brilliant idea! Now I want one, knowing I can eat and put it away as much as I please.

Yep! It took a while. Like, it came home with us, but she eventually finished it. She loved it.

Yay! Glad she got her funnel cake this time. I'm not sure if i've ever had one?? :blush:

Oooooh, get one! They are super yummy! Fried dough. What's not to like?

All caught up! party:

Woo hoo! And now I'll catch up too!

Ahem. Dear people who were once upon a time reading my Trip Report from 10 months ago. I'm sorry for all but abandoning it. I have no good excuses except that my nights have been insanely busy. Now with summer upon us, my kids have less evening activities, so I hope to be able to spend more time on this once amazing TR.

So here we are Day 5 of the trip, Day 3 at the parks. Today we'd be headed to Animal Kingdom, but first we had a crazy blue alien to see for breakfast. O'hana, here we come! You saw in the last installment that Stitch was ready to go. Well, many Stitches were ready to go. We have an obscene amount of them.

Someone's day wasn't starting out great I guess. I don't remember why so it couldn't have been that bad.

Here's a forced smile.

Not really sure what's going on here, but he is Stitch-free for the moment.

The now-not-so-new lobby decos at the Poly.

See the castle?

We waited a good 20 minutes for our table. Hence all the lobby pictures. When we were finally seated, it was next to a huge group of about 20 people. Remember that.
I did enjoy the sea life above us.

Pretty much right as we were seated the parade started. The girls scrambled for maracas so they could join in. Lucy scored the coveted spot behind Stitch.

Maura got right behind her which must have been close enough for her. I'm surprised she isn't trying to hold his hand.

As soon as the parade ended, our food started to come out. First was some fresh fruit. I think Jason and I maybe got 1 bite of that each. Our kids are fruit a holics.

Close examination of a raspberry. Either that or she's sticking them on her fingers. Probably the latter.

Yep.

Next were the waffles! Not only did they have Mickey waffles, but the one next to it has Stitch on it! Sorry for the bad picture.

Next was our platter of "all things delicious." Eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and biscuits. You can see in the background of the picture that Jason made little biscuit
sandwiches with his stuff.

FINALLY the characters started coming around. It took forever for them to get to our table. Want to know why? That party of 20 beside us. I'm all for getting pictures of your vacation, but there were probably 4 different families, and not only did each individual family need to get a picture, but then all the kids with the character. All the boys, then the girls. Then the moms. Then the dads. Seriously, every picture combo you could think of. I was ready to put the smack down. At one point, we over heard them saying one of their kids crapped their pants (a baby), but they didn't take him to change him because they didn't want to miss a character. So the characters had to hug a baby with a smelly butt!

I digress. Here are the girls with Pluto, finally.

Signing the book. I love the ladies face behind us.

That's Lucy with her birthday treat. See? We are already getting desert and we've only seen one character. Good thing it was early. You can see some of our Stitch pile next to her.

About this time, Lilo saw our Stitch pile and was SO excited. She started grabbing them, and hugging and kissing each one.

Then she hugged the girls.

Lucy's face here kills me.

Lilo was fantastic. She gave the exact reaction Lucy and Maura were hoping for about their Stitch pile. She made us all laugh.

continued in next post.

Mickey was up next. No matter how many times we see him, we always love him. He's Mickey!

Jason was on autograph duty.

Then it was time for another parade. See how long we'd been there? Enough time for a second parade. Somehow, Lucy once again scored the spot behind Stitch.

She really got into it this time.

Maura made it behind Pluto this time. Whatever she was sad about earlier, she seems to have recovered.

She even got to hold his hand! Day. Made.

The Stitch pile had to be re-assembled since Stitch would (hopefully) be coming along soon. We had paid by this time and were just waiting for the main man.

Just waiting....Pretty sure Maura took this one.

STITCH PILE!

Now they're just getting ridiculous. I can SEE him behind us though. Does this mean? Is it our turn?

That lady next to Jason? The worst one at the table next to us. She's the one who didn't change the diaper.

OMG FINALLY!!!! He's here!

Everyone with the Stitch pile.

He was fun, but not very excited to see all the replicas we had of him. That was a little disappointing. He barely acknowledged them. Thankfully, Lilo made up for it. FINALLY we were ready to leave. We love O'hana, and will be back, but this was the longest dining experience of all our visits to Disney. We don't blame O'hana, though. Definitely the people next to us. Phew!

Lucy was ready to go, I think.

We got to the car and were parked and at the front gates of AK a little before 10am. Thankfully we didn't miss any of our FP+ resos as I had started them a bit later since I knew we'd be having breakfast first.

Once through the main entrance, we stopped and looked around at the beauty that is Animal Kingdom.

First glimpse of the TOL. Last year it was surrounded by re-furb walls, so we were glad to see it was a much prettier site this year. We stopped for a few PP pics after taking one of our own.

I don't know what Maura is looking at, but it sure isn't what the rest of us are looking at.

We headed over to our first FP+ of the day, Dinosaur. Everyone was looking forward to it.

continued in next post

Dinosaur, here we come!

Of course we all loved the ride. Maura always gets a little nervous, but she likes it.

Here's our picture.

I zoomed in on Jason. I think he might cry.

Next we hit Triceratop Spin. The Dumbo of AK. I like taking pictures on this ride.

Jason looks thrilled. I'm sure he was roasting.

That's better.

Messy haired kiddos.

Taken while in flight.

Jason and Lucy wanted to ride Primeval Whirl, but it was closed for refurb, so they had to pass.

We started heading over to Asia to conquer the Yeti, our next FP+ for the day.

AK is such a beautiful park.

There it is. Would Maura be tall enough?

We walked up to measure Maura. She was feeling a little nervous. She was tall enough, but the kind cast member, sensing her fear, told us she was just a little too short. it gave Maura the out she wanted. We wanted her to ride, but weren't going to force her. And Lucy was happy, because it meant she got to ride extra times.

Lucy and I went first. Here is our ride photo. Lucy looks like she's crying, but she loves it.

Jason and Lucy went next. You can see them in this picture, about 3/4 of the way back. Jason is wearing that blue cooling rag on his head. I had to take pictures of about 8 different trains coming down, but it was worth it. When I zoom into it, I can see their faces.

Here is their ride photo. I think Jason is being the Yeti? Or being scared of it? Your guess is as good as mine.

And then I believe they snuck out and got back in the stand by line because it was short. They didn't tell Maura and I they were going. They just went. Punks. No wonder I thought it was taking them so long with a FP when I had just been through the same FP line and we walked right on. Ride photo #2 with Jason sans his do rag.

Same face, re-positioned chamois.

I took this while waiting. I like those sculptures? Statues? Idols?

Someone got her stuffed animal of the day while waiting. The yeti kitty as we call it.

We were close to our next FP+, Kali River Rapids, which Maura calls "Rali River Rapids." She insists that's what it's called. Okay, Maura, whatever.
I tried to take some pics as we walked through the FP line. We were glad to not be in stand by for this ride. Apparently everyone was in stand by for THIS ride, and not EE.

Man this line goes through a lot of rooms!

continued in next post

Finally we were on! We buckled up and off we went.

Someone was excited.

I put the camera away then as I didn't want it to get wet. We all enjoyed the ride though and got really soaked. It felt good, though.

The kids wanted to squirt people as they went by, so we stopped to do that for a few minutes.

Ooooh! I forgot about this little gem. A PP came up to Maura and I while Jason and Lucy were riding EE and took a few pictures. This one turned out really cute!

This PP was great and we were lucky enough to run into her later, but I'll get to that when it's time.

After Kali, it was time for a snack. The girls were Jonesing for Mickey Bars and we found some near by. I would give anything for one of these right now. I like that 1. my husband looks like Axel Rose, and 2. that he's sticking out his tongue like he's eating a Mickey bar, yet he hasn't one of his own.

Sigh. This is what happens with melting chocolate and a 6 year old.

The then 8 year old wasn't quite as messy, but still.

Thank goodness we never leave the house without baby wipes. I don't know how we lived without them before we had kids.

After getting cleaned up, we found that fountain that people are allowed to play in. I had seen it in other TRs before (nilla being the first!), and was excited to have finally found it. Since they were already soaked, we let the kids play in it for a few minutes.

Hey look, Axel Rose.

What a fun fountain! It was a nice little rest and then on we went.

We headed over to the Maharajah Jungle Trek to see some animals.

Some shots along the way.

Leezard!

Bats. I like bats.

We did get a glimpse of the tigers. I think this guy was looking at someone he wanted to eat for dinner on the other side of the glass.

Hidden Mickey! I knew this one was there but made the girls find it.

Not sure what's going on here.

continued in next post

We kept a walking through the trail. I really tried to get more pictures of the beauty of this park this trip. You can miss so much if you go through it too fast.

I thought there had to be a hidden Mickey in here, but I couldn't find it. There's got to be one, though!

I'm sure she asked me to take this. And yes, she does bite. :)

I love the giant bird footprints in this picture.

We made it to the other side of the tigers.

After getting past the tigers, we ran into that great PP from earlier who took the picture of Maura outside EE. I can't remember her name of course, as I didn't write it down, but she was wonderful and took her time taking some pictures with us. We gave her a thank you card!

AK_ASIATRAILSROVER_7456259586_zpsncjika91.jpeg

We kept heading down the trail to the bird part. Maura, our bird lover, had to check out her favorites.

This is the coolest bird house! I want one in my yard.

He's fancy.

At the end of the trail, we stopped to sit and have a drink for a minute. I KNOW I was told I needed to take this picture. Sasses.

We decided to head over to see Finding Nemo. The girls had seen it on the Disney planning DVD and really wanted to see it. Since none of us had ever seen it, we thought it would be a good place to stop and rest. We did find a PP on the way though, so of course we stopped.

Maura still doesn't get it.

Off we headed to Nemo! But I'll save that for next time. I think I've regaled you with enough for tonight. I have to try to get some sleep between the snoring dog and the snoring husband. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Ahem. Dear people who were once upon a time reading my Trip Report from 10 months ago.

Umm Who is this?!?!

Disney will be next year. Your trip must be getting close!

WHEN?!?!

I did enjoy the sea life above us.

I don't think i ever saw those before!

We have an obscene amount of them.

I can relate...

Someone's day wasn't starting out great I guess. I don't remember why so it couldn't have been that bad.

BAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA..

Next were the waffles! Not only did they have Mickey waffles, but the one next to it has Stitch on it! Sorry for the bad picture.

We haven't had anything BUT mickey waffles granted nothing tastes better when it's shaped like Mickey.. BUT i would love a different character!

So the characters had to hug a baby with a smelly butt!

:faint:
Just yuck. Poor characters!!! :sick:

I love the ladies face behind us.

The child before it is just as good! LOL

i don't see anything wrong here... :confused3

Hey look, Axel Rose.

:rotfl2: You seriously crack me up.

Bats. I like bats.

There are now Rabid Bats in a part of Chicago called Mt. Greenwood.. Yeah.. Cujo comes to mind here..

between the snoring dog and the snoring husband. Wish me luck!

Oh No.. I hope you have some great ear plugs!

GLAD YOUR BACK!! Need you around here!

Yay! Three of my favorite TR writers have returned, and just in time for our trip (which starts in SIX days, btw).

Your family is hilarious. We still get a kick at the sheer number of stuffed animals that travel with you. Awesome how Lilo acknowledged that, too.

And hey, I got a shout out in this TR :) Always happy to help.

Keep the updates coming! Your TRs are some of the best!

Yeah! An update! It was like waiting for the next season of House of Cards but it was worth the wait!

Even though we stay at the Polynesian we haven't eaten at 'Ohana in years. We are trying it for dinner this August. I've heard the wait (even with an ADR) and the meal can take a looooong time. But I'm excited to try it again.

Your ride photos are hilarious!

Yay! Three of my favorite TR writers have returned, and just in time for our trip (which starts in SIX days, btw).

What the what? SIX days? You must be bursting at the seams with excitement.
We leave for our trip in 68 days and I can make my FP+ reservations next week!

You're alive!! Welcome back!

I know she's upset, and that's terrible, but my goodness; what a cute little pouty face!

We waited a good 20 minutes for our table. Hence all the lobby pictures. When we were finally seated, it was next to a huge group of about 20 people. Remember that.

Whoa, that's a long time... I sense some not so great things to come here...

Our kids are fruit a holics.

There are worse things... alco-holics, choco-holics, Disney-holics, wait...

that or she's sticking them on her fingers. Probably the latter.

Food is just better after you play with it.

That party of 20 beside us. I'm all for getting pictures of your vacation, but there were probably 4 different families, and not only did each individual family need to get a picture, but then all the kids with the character. All the boys, then the girls. Then the moms. Then the dads. Seriously, every picture combo you could think of. I was ready to put the smack down. At one point, we over heard them saying one of their kids crapped their pants (a baby), but they didn't take him to change him because they didn't want to miss a character. So the characters had to hug a baby with a smelly butt!

EWE! What a retched group. Large or small that's not the way to behave.

I love the ladies face behind us.

Can we also talk about the kids photobombing you guys here...?

What in the world? LOL!

That's Lucy with her birthday treat. See? We are already getting desert and we've only seen one character.

DUDE! That is WAY too long to be waiting for characters. That's frustrating, especially for the kids, I'm sure.

About this time, Lilo saw our Stitch pile and was SO excited. She started grabbing them, and hugging and kissing each one.

CUTE! I'm glad Lilo was so good, maybe a little worth the long wait and obnoxious dining neighbors?

Stitch is Simba!

No matter how many times we see him, we always love him. He's Mickey!

Agreed! Mickey is the best, no matter what!

Then it was time for another parade. See how long we'd been there? Enough time for a second parade. Somehow, Lucy once again scored the spot behind Stitch.

Nice!

Maura made it behind Pluto this time. Whatever she was sad about earlier, she seems to have recovered.

She even got to hold his hand! Day. Made.

Too cute! Glad she got to hold his hand.

Stitch would (hopefully) be coming along soon. We had paid by this time and were just waiting for the main man.

Stop it. You guys had already paid and Stitch hadn't come by? Man. We left CP before we saw Tigger cause he took so long.

Everyone with the Stitch pile.

CUTE photo!

He was fun, but not very excited to see all the replicas we had of him. That was a little disappointing. He barely acknowledged them.

Le poo! After all that waiting and he wasn't into the Stitch pile?! Maybe he had to hold the poopy baby before he came to see you guys...?

I had started them a bit later since I knew we'd be having breakfast first.

Smart woman!

LOL! That little Maura is a hoot. The endless photos you guys will have to embarrass her in her teenage years is impressive; she's adorable.

Here's our picture.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Messy haired kiddos.

I love this photo.

AK is such a beautiful park.

My favorite! It's so lush and green.

We walked up to measure Maura. She was feeling a little nervous. She was tall enough, but the kind cast member, sensing her fear, told us she was just a little too short. it gave Maura the out she wanted. We wanted her to ride, but weren't going to force her. And Lucy was happy, because it meant she got to ride extra times.

Awe, I remember those days. You wait so long to be tall enough, but when you get there, it's still a little too scary. Glad the CM gave her an out. And Yay for daredevil Lucy getting to ride more times!

LOL! I can't! :rotfl:

Someone got her stuffed animal of the day while waiting.

A stuffy? Something new for Maura! :thumbsup2

I put the camera away then as I didn't want it to get wet. We all enjoyed the ride though and got really soaked. It felt good, though.

I am so not into the water rides. But glad you guys liked it! From the photos it definitely looks like y'all got soaked!

A PP came up to Maura and I while Jason and Lucy were riding EE and took a few pictures. This one turned out really cute!

SO CUTE!

I like that 1. my husband looks like Axel Rose, and 2. that he's sticking out his tongue like he's eating a Mickey bar, yet he hasn't one of his own.

:rotfl2:

::yes::

Hidden Mickey! I knew this one was there but made the girls find it.

They both look so psyched!

I really tried to get more pictures of the beauty of this park this trip. You can miss so much if you go through it too fast.

So true! It's easy to speed through and hit the rides, but there are so many beautiful little corners and details in AK.

I'm sure she asked me to take this. And yes, she does bite. :)

She is a very cute little kid Claire.

After getting past the tigers, we ran into that great PP from earlier who took the picture of Maura outside EE. I can't remember her name of course, as I didn't write it down, but she was wonderful and took her time taking some pictures with us. We gave her a thank you card!

Oh fun! These shots of you guys are great!

This is the coolest bird house! I want one in my yard.

Cool!

At the end of the trail, we stopped to sit and have a drink for a minute. I KNOW I was told I needed to take this picture. Sasses.

Too cute! You guys have such cute little littles (I know they're not that little anymore, but still).

Gotta stop for a PP, always!

Maura still doesn't get it.

Hahaha!

Umm Who is this?!?!

Hahahahahahaha! I've actually forgotten my name.

WHEN?!?!

No dates yet, but we are thinking November 2017. We really want to see the castle done up for Christmas and do the Christmas party! I'll let you know dates when it's official. The kids are driving us crazy talking about it! You'd think the prospect of Dollywood and Cedar Point in a few weeks would have them excited enough, but NO!

I don't think i ever saw those before!

I don't think I did before this trip either!

I can relate...

Oh, I know you can! They just keep multiplying.

BAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA..

:)

We haven't had anything BUT mickey waffles granted nothing tastes better when it's shaped like Mickey.. BUT i would love a different character!

The Stitch ones were really cute!

:faint:
Just yuck. Poor characters!!! :sick:

I know. I wanted to vomit for them. :crazy2:

The child before it is just as good! LOL

There were some pretty great photobombs there.

i don't see anything wrong here... :confused3

Only when those sticky, chocolaty hands grab onto my shirt or shorts and wipe themselves on it!

:rotfl2: You seriously crack me up.

I try. :D

There are now Rabid Bats in a part of Chicago called Mt. Greenwood.. Yeah.. Cujo comes to mind here..

That's scary. Rabid bats are no good.

Oh No.. I hope you have some great ear plugs!

Oh, they don't work. I think he's louder than a jet.

GLAD YOUR BACK!! Need you around here!

Thanks! I'll be around more, I hope!!!

And now you're back. And started your own TR, but that should help kick me into high gear here!

Your family is hilarious. We still get a kick at the sheer number of stuffed animals that travel with you. Awesome how Lilo acknowledged that, too.

Yeah, it's a problem when you have 3 reusable grocery bags full to the brim with animals and you had to tell your kids "Now, you can't bring more than 15 each." :sad2: Glad we can amuse!:tilt:

And hey, I got a shout out in this TR :) Always happy to help.

You deserved it! We have used many tips you have given in your TRs!

Keep the updates coming! Your TRs are some of the best!

Thanks! And yes, I'll try to be consistent. I'll have an update coming in the morning. I just spent 2 hours catching up on other people's TRs, so now I'm tired, but I'm on Staycation this week, so I actually DO have extra time!!!

Yeah! An update! It was like waiting for the next season of House of Cards but it was worth the wait!

Hah! Thanks! More will be coming soon, I promise!

Even though we stay at the Polynesian we haven't eaten at 'Ohana in years. We are trying it for dinner this August. I've heard the wait (even with an ADR) and the meal can take a looooong time. But I'm excited to try it again.

It's really delicious, and so much fun, but this trip was SO slow. Again though, not the service. Just the people next to us.

Your ride photos are hilarious!

We try to make the dorkiest possible faces. Well, Jason and I do.

We leave for our trip in 68 days and I can make my FP+ reservations next week!

How did that go? Did you get what you wanted?

You're alive!! Welcome back!

I know! Can you believe it?

I know she's upset, and that's terrible, but my goodness; what a cute little pouty face!

Oh, she's got the good faces. Makes it hard to stay mad at her, little stinker.

Whoa, that's a long time... I sense some not so great things to come here...

OMG. I wanted to smack them.

There are worse things... alco-holics, choco-holics, Disney-holics, wait...

It's true. I'm glad they eat lots of fruit!

Food is just better after you play with it.

:rotfl2:Well, she thinks so.

EWE! What a retched group. Large or small that's not the way to behave.

They were bad bad bad. I felt so bad for the characters.

Can we also talk about the kids photobombing you guys here...?

Sure! I just had to go back and look again. Those are some goodies!

What in the world? LOL!

I know.

DUDE! That is WAY too long to be waiting for characters. That's frustrating, especially for the kids, I'm sure.

It was, but they were such good sports. Being in 2 parades helped.

CUTE! I'm glad Lilo was so good, maybe a little worth the long wait and obnoxious dining neighbors?

She rocked it! She was so great. The girls still talk about her often.

Stitch is Simba!

He was!

Agreed! Mickey is the best, no matter what!

He is. I still get all giddy and fluttery inside when we meet him. Even if it's the 200th time.

Nice!

Yeah, she worked that to be by Stitch!

Too cute! Glad she got to hold his hand.

She was thrilled. THRILLED!

Stop it. You guys had already paid and Stitch hadn't come by? Man. We left CP before we saw Tigger cause he took so long.

Nope. He hadn't come because he'd been with the table next to us for the past 2 hours.

CUTE photo!

Thanks!

Le poo! After all that waiting and he wasn't into the Stitch pile?! Maybe he had to hold the poopy baby before he came to see you guys...?

Probably. I honestly couldn't blame him.

Smart woman!

I'm no dummy. This wasn't my first rodeo. :rotfl:

LOL! That little Maura is a hoot. The endless photos you guys will have to embarrass her in her teenage years is impressive; she's adorable.

She's seriously insane. Today I told her she had to stop talking so her sister could tell me something. She's so tiny and cute though, it's impossible to stay mad at her! She turns 7 next week and looks like a 4 year old.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

My husband. He cracks me up.

I love this photo.

Thanks!

My favorite! It's so lush and green.

It is. Sometimes in the dead of winter here, I'll close my eyes and think about it.

Awe, I remember those days. You wait so long to be tall enough, but when you get there, it's still a little too scary. Glad the CM gave her an out. And Yay for daredevil Lucy getting to ride more times!

Yeah, and she's not even afraid of the ride part. She's afraid of the Yeti, which we've told her no less than 20 times doesn't even move anymore and you can barely see him, but she can't get past it. She'd love the drops.

LOL! I can't! :rotfl:

Me either!

A stuffy? Something new for Maura! :thumbsup2

I know right? Nice change from the stuffies she usually gets. This one was white. :banana:

I am so not into the water rides. But glad you guys liked it! From the photos it definitely looks like y'all got soaked!

We do like them. And it was so hot, it felt so good.

SO CUTE!

I know! I love this picture!

:rotfl2:

Oh, Axel Rose.

::yes::

Yep. The Mickey Bar.

They both look so psyched!

They were. They were so into HMs last trip. It was like a party every time they found one.

So true! It's easy to speed through and hit the rides, but there are so many beautiful little corners and details in AK.

Totally. You really feel like you are in a different country.

She is a very cute little kid Claire.

Thanks. We like her. :) Most of the time.

Oh fun! These shots of you guys are great!

Thanks! She was a great PP.

Cool!

That birdhouse. I wish I knew someone who could build me one.

Too cute! You guys have such cute little littles (I know they're not that little anymore, but still).

Thanks! And no, they aren't so little anymore. Time goes way too fast.

Gotta stop for a PP, always!

Always. I'm getting my money's worth, darn it! Jason got super good at spotting them this trip too.

Hahaha!

Oh Maura.

Okay, kids, I'll be back in the morning with an update! I'm on Staycation this week, so I actually DO have lots of free time for once! If I hadn't just spent the last 2 hours catching up on other reports, I would have updated tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter