"Who wants to sit in the Yak chair?" Sheesh it was hot. An August 2015 TR Updated 11/7

Lucy picked the "Black Jack" look again, just like she had last year. Here she is getting her black eye.

This CM didn't have a client at the moment, so he was hanging around Lucy. Ashley Michelle told me to ask to see his name tag. I did of course, and he kept showing me pockets, the inside of his vest, under his bandana and such and he finally opened his right vest pocket to this!

He plundered all those name tags. I have no idea what his real name was.

Indy looks sad here, but she was honestly loving it. She was thrilled that she got to take home the rest of the make up. Karyn was concerned about where it would end up, but I've heard it hasn't been an issue.

Here is Maura getting announced after she was finished. Everyone yells "Yo Ho Ho!" after each new pirate or mermaid gets introduced.

She took it very seriously.

Lucy, er, Mary Goodwater who looked like a man, was getting her finishing touches put on.

Ashley Michelle told her to look at herself.

Then she needed to be SURE she could see herself.

Taking the pirate oath. Lucy repeated it in a perfect British accent! That's my girl!

Their birthday buttons got re-labled and bedazzled with jewels!

More oathing.

Once all the girls were done, they got their sashes, Lucy got a sword, and they went into the secret room for photos. We weren't allowed to take pics, but we had Memory Maker, so that was fine since we'd get the photos anyway! Maura and Indy were each wearing a necklace and a hair clip that, if they changed color in the sun, meant they were real mermaids. Of course they changed so wouldn't you know it? They WERE mermaids! Maura still wears hers often!

Here are the PP pics from the secret room.

continued in next post

Pirate's League really is a great experience and not outrageously priced, either. They really give the kids all their attention and make it a really fun time. Lucy got a sword, bandana, eye patch, earring, booty bag, and sash. Maura and Indy got the clip and necklace, the nail polish, extra make up, and a sash. They all had a great time and were ready to get out in the park to show off their new looks.

We settled out bill, tipped our pirates, and off we went. Now normally, we would walk right over to POTC, but it was closed for refurbing, so we sadly passed it by. The girls all really wanted to ride the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and the line was short, so off we went!

Karyn took this amazing picture while we waited in line. Lucy takes her role VERY seriously. Maura looks like she's about 12. If you are friends with me on FB, you already got a sneak peak of this one.

I took one too, but mine isn't as good. I love the look on the little boy's face behind them, though.

In no time at all, it was our turn to ride.

Of course the mermaids had to ride together.

I was on my own behind the scurvy pirate.

A few pics whilst riding.

I'm pretty proud of this next one.

What are the chances? A perfect spit picture!

One of our favorite shows. We'd get there later in the week.

Safely back on land, we had to visit the tikis, who unbelievably weren't spitting on this incredibly hot day.

Lucy was hoping, but no dice. You can see Bill with his undershirt and cooling chamois in this pic.

Adventureland is my favorite land for scenery. I just love it.

We were getting hungry, though, and didn't want to eat lunch too late since we had a 5pm ADR. We left Adventureland and headed over to Liberty Square, somehow making a pit stop at the Rapunzel bathrooms. They are so dang pretty.

We loved Columbia Harbor House last year and decided to eat there for lunch again this day. Of course it was just about Noon and was packed to the gills. We gave the dads our orders while Karyn and I took the kids to find a spot. It took a few minutes, but we finally saw a family leaving and were able to snag their table. We were upstairs, which was cool. The boys were probably in line in total about 15 minutes, which considering how long the line was, wasn't awful. Bill was really impressed with the prices. They weren't on a dining plan, since they were only there for 2 days and not staying on property. Bill said the food at the off property hotel they were staying at was much more expensive than what they paid for lunch at CHH. They said the food was better, too. That was a plus! And they were expecting to pay a lot.

Before we knew it, Bill and Jason were upstairs with our food. I think I had gone down to see if they needed help carrying anything, and they did, so I was glad I went.

Jason had enjoyed what he had last year, so he got the chicken breast nuggets and fish with fries. He was once again pleased with his choice.

I thought a salad sounded good and got the Broccoli Peppercorn Salad. Mixed Greens, Garden Vegetables, Chicken, Broccoli, and Parmesan tossed with a Creamy Peppercorn Dressing. It was really good! Really refreshing after the heat of the morning and really filling.

The girls both got the Smucker's Uncrustables with grapes and yogurt. They were happy.

They were starving, so this is the best picture I got.

Since there were 2 desert choices, Jason and I got one of each and shared. The seasonal cobbler was apple and the chocolate cake was the standard chocolate cake, but I swear, I can't get enough of that stuff. If it's a desert choice, one of us will always get it.

I didn't take a picture of Bill, Karyn, and Indy's food because they already think I'm a whack job, so I didn't need to further that notion.

We all enjoyed CHH and it's definitely on our list of must do's. The girls requested it this year again, so I know they love it.

After a good meal and a chance to rest our feet and cool off, we were ready to head back out. We had our FP+ for the Mine Train ready! We were excited to ride again this year and even more excited to take our friends on this ride. This would be Indy's first roller coaster, and she was a little apprehensive, but still excited. We all scanned our bands and were on in no time! I didn't take any pics on the ride this year, as I just wanted to enjoy it, but I do have the ones that PP took, plus the little video. Here we are!

Indy's a little unsure in that one.

She's enjoying it more here, for sure! And look at Lucy, my nutso dare devil. She hasn't yet met a coaster she wouldn't ride. And look at my husband. What a nerd!

Here's the little video they give you on your Memory Maker account.. I like that little touch!

Everyone enjoyed that and we stopped for a few seconds at the end so we could get a good look at the dance party and the witch looking in the cabin window.

With that, we were off to use our "anytime" FP+ for Splash Mountain. Stay Tuned!

Last edited:
Lucy was with my favorite, Ashley Michelle. She was just a riot and I wanted to bring her home with us.

OH OH! Ken and Gina Maria are the best too!! i just love the Pirates league! such a better experience then BBB.

Everyone looks AMAZING as usual. and your right Maura looks like she's older.. Eek...

FUN carpets ride! Too bad the tiki's weren't spitting. who doesn't love to get spit on but wooden creatures?!?

Mine TRAIN!!! Just love that little coaster! Plus it has the best Ride pictures!!!

How long did pirates league take? I'm trying to schedule the FP around my appointment

That's okay, though, it's unseasonably warm here (73 today!), so we can enjoy them outside for a bit longer.

It's unseasonably warm here too. The local weather forecasters have been saying that on this day back in 1960-something there was 8" of snow on the ground. Blech! I am NOT looking forward to snow. Well, except for Christmas. Then it can go away.

Jason was Jack's bottle of rum. The girls told him to be that!

Hysterical!!

What are the chances? A perfect spit picture!

Good job! :thumbsup2

You can see Bill with his undershirt and cooling chamois in this pic.

Steve used one of those cooling chamois during our August trip. That was a life saver!

The Pirate League makeovers turned out great! The girls look awesome!

CHH for lunch - Yeah!
SDMT - Double Yeah!!

halloween_zpsg46desll.jpg

Awesome costumes!

Aww, how old is Bowser? And what a perfect name! I've always been hinting at DH that if we were ever to get another Pug, it was going to be named Pumbaa, because, I mean, come on, how perfect is that!

I don't think i've ever seen this place before! How cool. Where is it located? I'm assuming by POTC?

Everytime I came over to take a picture of Lucy, Ashley Michelle would yell "Take cover, she's shootin' cannons!" or "Here comes that cannon lady again. Everyone look out." Comic. Gold. I seriously loved her.

:rotfl2: That's great, even getting the parents involved!

:rotfl:

Uh, can adults get this done?!? The mermaid makeup is perfect and pretty!

:rotfl2:

Wow, she looks great and is totally taking over her role as a Pirate.

I love the little braids they put in.

She's adorable.

You may have a little actress on your hands, watch out!

I agree, so pretty.

That actually looks pretty good! I've never been here before :duck: but it's all DH's fault cause I'd love to try this place!

Since there were 2 desert choices, Jason and I got one of each and shared. The seasonal cobbler was apple and the chocolate cake was the standard chocolate cake, but I swear, I can't get enough of that stuff. If it's a desert choice, one of us will always get it.

Agh I agree! That chocolate cake is pretty solid.

Here's the little video they give you on your Memory Maker account.. I like that little touch!

I love these videos they add, it really is worth it!

loving your trip report! looking forward to more

Thank you! :welcome: More coming soon I hope!

OH OH! Ken and Gina Maria are the best too!! i just love the Pirates league! such a better experience then BBB.

We liked BBB too, but Pirate's League was way more fun, especially for Jason and I. I think the CMs get more liberties there to be silly.

Everyone looks AMAZING as usual. and your right Maura looks like she's older.. Eek...

I can't think about that. Though it helps that she's still a shrimp.

FUN carpets ride! Too bad the tiki's weren't spitting. who doesn't love to get spit on but wooden creatures?!?

I can't fathom why they weren't spitting. It was pushing 100 degrees that day!

Mine TRAIN!!! Just love that little coaster! Plus it has the best Ride pictures!!!

It totally does. Such a fun, family ride.

How long did pirates league take? I'm trying to schedule the FP around my appointment

From walking in to paying, it took just under an hour. Hope that helps! We did that too with FP+ and we had no problems coordinating everything.

It's unseasonably warm here too. The local weather forecasters have been saying that on this day back in 1960-something there was 8" of snow on the ground. Blech! I am NOT looking forward to snow. Well, except for Christmas. Then it can go away.

I'm the same way! 60's to Christmas, than snow for the 2 days, than back to 60's again. I despise winter. My family and friends is what keeps me in the tundra.

Hysterical!!

I know! And the costume he borrowed was a tequila bottle and he altered it himself to be a rum bottle. I'll have to find a picture.

Good job! :thumbsup2

Every once in a while I get a lucky shot!

Steve used one of those cooling chamois during our August trip. That was a life saver!

They were nice! And our friends let us borrow them for the days after they left.

The Pirate League makeovers turned out great! The girls look awesome!

Thanks. It's so much fun!

CHH for lunch - Yeah!

It was good!
SDMT - Double Yeah!!

Totally.

Last edited:
Awesome costumes!

Thanks! We LOVE Halloween at our house.

Aww, how old is Bowser? And what a perfect name! I've always been hinting at DH that if we were ever to get another Pug, it was going to be named Pumbaa, because, I mean, come on, how perfect is that!

Bowser is 12. But he still acts like a baby. He runs and chases the kids. He has a ton of gray though. Um....Pumbaa might be the best name ever for a pug.

Here are a couple better pictures of Bowser.

I don't think i've ever seen this place before! How cool. Where is it located? I'm assuming by POTC?

Yes. If you're facing POTC, it's to the right. It's kind of hidden, but there is a sign. You can peek into it from the POTC dump shop.

:rotfl2: That's great, even getting the parents involved!
Totally. It's fun for everyone.

:rotfl:

He was hilarious.

Uh, can adults get this done?!? The mermaid makeup is perfect and pretty!

Yes! I"ve seen several families all getting makeovers together!

:rotfl2:

I loved her. I wish she lived near me.

Wow, she looks great and is totally taking over her role as a Pirate.

She did look great and was very serious about it. I wish I could have gotten her make up that good for Halloween.

I love the little braids they put in.

I know! They are so fancy.

She's adorable.

She is. And so funny.

You may have a little actress on your hands, watch out!

Oh, we totally do. I work in the box office of a professional children's theater, and they both already take classes and plan on auditioning for the shows we do.

I agree, so pretty.

I love it. Not something I ever thought I'd say about a bathroom, but it's true.

That actually looks pretty good! I've never been here before :duck: but it's all DH's fault cause I'd love to try this place!

Why won't your DH try it? It's so yummy and cool inside!

Agh I agree! That chocolate cake is pretty solid.

I would kill for some of that right now. It's just so dang good. And you think it isn't going to be anything special, but it really is.

I love these videos they add, it really is worth it!

I love it too! My girls watch it over and over again.

Totally using the Halloween excuse for being absent as well!!

Is Maura wearing the mermaid dress from last year? It's such a neat dress!! Quite a thrift store score!

Lucy is an exceptional little actress. Loving that photo of the three of them in line.

Can't wait to see how long Miss Maura keeps her makeup on this year!!

CHH is a nice little lunch spot. I'm glad your travel buddies liked it too. We found the food this trip to be fantastic everywhere we went.

Mine Train!! What a fun little coaster. Glad Indy liked it, in the end.

If you haven't already you gotta take Lucy to Busch Gardens in Virginia. We have only been once (and it was 16 years ago) but it had such great thrill rides!

I'm joining in. A little late to the party… I found your trip report after a shout out on Nilla's, which I read over the coarse of 4 days and never commented… I'm doing better with yours already. :)

Loving your trip report so far, and your girls are adorable! Pirates League looks fun! Unfortunately my step-kids aren't into that kind of stuff…

Can't wait for more!

Totally using the Halloween excuse for being absent as well!!

Why not? I'll be using the Thanksgiving and Christmas excuse soon!

Is Maura wearing the mermaid dress from last year? It's such a neat dress!! Quite a thrift store score!

She totally is. That was the best thrift store score ever.

Lucy is an exceptional little actress. Loving that photo of the three of them in line.

She can rock it! She's going to go far.

Can't wait to see how long Miss Maura keeps her makeup on this year!!

Oh man, I have quite the picture coming up later!

CHH is a nice little lunch spot. I'm glad your travel buddies liked it too. We found the food this trip to be fantastic everywhere we went.

Love it there! It's a family favorite for sure.

Mine Train!! What a fun little coaster. Glad Indy liked it, in the end.

It's so fun and she did end up loving it.

If you haven't already you gotta take Lucy to Busch Gardens in Virginia. We have only been once (and it was 16 years ago) but it had such great thrill rides!

We definitely plan on going there at some point. Jason grew up in Virgina and went there many times. He'd love to take us all some time.

I'm joining in. A little late to the party… I found your trip report after a shout out on Nilla's, which I read over the coarse of 4 days and never commented… I'm doing better with yours already. :)

Awesome and :welcome:! Glad to have you on board!

Loving your trip report so far, and your girls are adorable! Pirates League looks fun! Unfortunately my step-kids aren't into that kind of stuff…

Thanks, my girls are kind of cute. :) Pirate's League is so much fun. I'm sorry your step kids wouldn't like it. You can do it though!

Can't wait for more!

Soon! I need life to slow down a little, but it should soon!

Okay, so I made it for an update sooner than I thought! I guess I didn't have as much to do tonight as I anticipated. So, we had just had our ride on 7DMT and all enjoyed it. Since Splash Mountain had been down before during our FP+ window, we had gotten the FP+ we could use anytime, so we decided to head over there to use it. It was really hot, so we also thought the water would feel good. The standby line was at about 90 minutes, so we were definitely glad to have FP+.

Bands scanned and in we went! I did get a couple pics on the ride. My ride partner:

Daddy and the man child.

The Es.

And here's our ride photo.

Poor Maura. Her head is always hidden by someone's arm. Indy looks terrified, but she really did like it. Of course they ended up in front for her first time! It was a hit! With our FP+ all used, we were able to go get another one for later. Bill and I went to the kiosk, and we decided on the Haunted Mansion. My personal favorite, but I was worried Indy would be scared and I didn't want her to have a bad time. They said we'd try it though! It was for a couple hours from now, though, so since we were back in Fantasyland, we decided we'd do a few more things there. There was no one trying to pull the sword from the stone, and the girls wanted to try it.
Maura was up first.

Guess she isn't the true ruler of England this year. Indy was next.

Nope, not her either. Maybe Lucy, the manchild could give it a try. I'm sorry, but without the full costume, she just looks like a little girl with a body hair issue, hence the manchild.

She gave it some good yanks, but sadly, it wasn't meant to be. I think all that yanking made her hot.

Since the carousel was right there, we decided to get on that. I actually think Bill and Jason had gone to use the bathroom and refill water bottles, but Karyn and I took the girls on. We ended up on 2 different rides because they let too many people on and Lucy, Maura, and I didn't get any horses. No matter. We'd have first pick on the next ride! Indy and Karyn rode and enjoyed them selves. My girls and I were up next. Maura wanted a "beautiful" horse (aren't they all beautiful?) and Lucy wanted one of the ones in armor. She always picks one of those. Here's what we got.

I see now in this picture that woman behind Maura looks exactly like one of my co-workers! It's not her, but wow! I'll have to show her this picture.

I rode too, but didn't get a picture of my horse. I just picked whatever was near my kids.

Since is was so stinkin' hot, and we were right there, we all decided a show would be nice, so we got in line for Mickey's Philharmagic. This was everyone's first time seeing the show! It was pretty fantastic. I can't believe we waited so long to see it, but in our defense, we wanted to go in 2014 but it closed like the day before we arrived for updating! It was definitely worth the wait though, and we'll go again for sure!

Next we headed over to the bane of my existence. Bill really wanted to ride it with Indy, and because you have to ride it at least once a trip, we agreed. We headed over to It's a Small World. There was barely a line. I think maybe we waited 5 minutes tops, but it was pretty much a walk on. Now Bill doesn't necessarily like the ride, but he remembered it from his last visit many years ago, but did know it was a good kid ride and wanted Indy to experience it. Our kids of course love it, but I've been on it enough times. I'm sure I'll be on it again, though. Here are a few pics.

This one I took with my phone turned out the best!

I took this one and uploaded it to Facebook with the caption "Shoot me now!"

Two more I took with my phone. I don't know the right setting for the good camera for no flash shots, so my phone actually ended up working better.

This is my favorite part of the ride:

We all survived and Indy really liked it, so it was totally worth it. Lucy and Maura got to see their favorite pink poodle at the beginning in the France scene. It was getting close to our ADR time, so we started heading over.

(continued in next post)

Last edited:
Our ADR was at 5:15. We were headed to Crystal Palace! Jason and I had taken Lucy there back in 2011 when we just took her to the MK for the day, but Maura and our friends had never been. I was excited to go again, and the kids were really excited to meet Pooh and friends. We checked in and were given our buzzer. Just as we were going to get some water they were handing out, out beeper went off. It was seriously like 90 seconds, tops. Which was actually a good thing since it was so hot, there were no chairs to sit in, and now poor Indy was sound asleep. She was so exhausted!

Here's my question though. The porch of CP was packed. People were checking in left and right and our beeper went off so fast. Does that mean most of the people sitting were waiting stand by and didn't have an ADR? Sheesh, they'd be waiting forever if that was the case! I'm so glad I know how it works!

We got to our table and our server came quickly to get our drink orders and tell us about the characters coming around. We still had a bit until they started visiting, so we headed up to the buffet right away. We must have had a birthday or a celebration at our table before us, because there were a ton of these little Mickey head confetti all over the table. Maura and Lucy decided it was for their birthdays and started picking every one of them up. They ended up in my pocket!

Here's they are sticking them on their faces. Notice Lucy's outfit. It will change shortly.

We headed up to the buffet and here is what we ended up with. Here's mine:

Starting at the top we have corn bread, mashed potatoes, a corn bread casserole (so good), salmon in the middle, and a cucumber salad. I feel like this is my second plate because I remember getting turkey and some really good warm pasta dish. Perhaps I didn't take a picture. Here's Jason's:

He's got everything! I told you the man loves to eat. Pot roast, green beans, broccoli, mashed potatoes, that corn bread casserole, that warm pasta thing I was talking about, chicken nuggets, turkey, and then his second plate with salad and corn bread. He ate all that and went back for more!

Lucy's dinner:

A chicken leg and rice. That's it. No fruit. No veggie. Nothing else. Glad we got free dining! I would have been mad if I paid for her to eat only that.

Maura wasn't much better:

Turkey and a roll. And maybe I see a little mashed potatoes there. I'm actually surprised she didn't get fruit because she loves it. Ah, my kids, the big eaters. They did get their diet cokes to keep them going in the Pirate's of the Caribbean cups with the light up pirate heads on them. They just used those cups for dinner tonight!

Like I said before, I didn't take pictures of our friend's meals, but I'm sure Bill had some kind of meat, more meat, and even more meat. I doubt he had anything but meat. Maybe some mashed potatoes. No veggies for sure. Karyn tried a lot of things. Poor Indy was still sleeping.

At this point, the characters started coming to our table. Tigger was up first! This was the best picture we got of Indy with Tigger, and she actually loved it! She thought it was great that she still got a picture even though she was sleeping! She wasn't mad at all that she had missed him.

There's the costume change. It looks like someone punched Lucy in the eye.

We were starting to go up for desert. Lucy had chocolate soft serve with sprinkles.

And it looks like a cookie?

Piglet came next and interrupted desert. We were okay with that. Indy was awake now and excited to meet our friends!

It was time for the character parade and Maura followed Piglet right from our table and got to march with him! She was very happy.

Indy and Lucy joined the parade too.

Indy was not pleased about something. Her face makes me laugh every time I see it, though.

Ah, back to desert! This was me, I think..

It was a key lime tart, some strawberry thing, and I think cheesecake. It's been 3 months. I don't remember for sure.

Lucy and Maura got a birthday cupcake to share, and a card signed by the characters!

The characters kept on coming! Pooh was up next, and Indy's face has changed from grumpy to joyous!

(continued in next post)

Finally Eeyore was coming! He's my favorite, so I was really excited to see him! Maura was excited to show him the Eeyore she had gotten earlier in the day! Bill's perusing the bill in the background.

Indy was smitten.

Here he's hugging Maura's Eeyore

I had to get one too since he's my favorite.

We settled our bill and started heading back out to the heat. The girls wanted a picture with the fake topiaries.

Indy did the funniest thing, then. Remember, she had been sleeping when Tigger came by. She saw him walk by visiting other tables and ran up to him. He quickly said hello and then moved on to get a picture with another family. Well, Indy walked right into that picture and started posing with the family! Poor Karyn was mortified and quickly got her out of the way, but thankfully, the other family thought it was funny and didn't get upset. I swear, the way Indy was standing there with them you'd think she'd known them her whole life. She didn't care that she was standing with strangers.

Back out into the warm August air, we talked about what to do. Indy really wanted to meet some more princesses, and Maura was game for that. The boys weren't too interested, so we told them to go see how long the wait was for Space Mountain. Lucy was so torn. She'd never met Rapunzel, who we were going to go get in line for, but she loves Space Mountain. Ultimately, she decided to go with the dads, so they headed to Tomorrowland, and Karyn, Indy, Maura, and myself went to get in line to meet Rapunzel and Cinderella. The wait said 25 minutes, so that wasn't too bad.

I'll have to save the meet for another day though, as our internet is acting crazy, and I don't want to lose anything. I promise not to be a stranger!

It doesn't sound like you took a mid-day break back at the resort. When did Lucy find time to shave?

I swear that I had posted after their make-overs but I guess that I didn't. Your man child references had me giggling. We had lunch for our very first time at CHH when we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour . I was pleasantly surprised since Louisiana is known for its seafood and we are a bit picky when it comes to eating it anywhere else.

So glad that you finally got to see Mickeys PhilarMagic. It is so well done and I always sing along to the songs. Speaking of songs, I know have the small world song in my head but that's okay because at least I'm thinking of WDW while I work.

I am loving all of the pictures from your dinner at Crystal Palace. We absolutely love dinner there. The kids are super cute with their posing with the characters and that pouting face, adorable!

My first thought when I saw this picture was, "Oh no their makeup!" But it seemed to stay on well enough!

Wow how tall is Indy?! She looks so little, wonder if DS would be tall enough for Splash soon :hyper:

Okay well, her makeup is pretty much done lol!

I thought this was the after picture of her food, the BEFORE?!?

Aw poor Indy she's out. And her dad! I know you said he likes to take off his shirt, but hope he put on sunscreen cause he looks so red!

It cracks me up how high they have to sign their names lol!

Glad she woke up and you were able to get a picture with all three girls!

Indy did the funniest thing, then. Remember, she had been sleeping when Tigger came by. She saw him walk by visiting other tables and ran up to him. He quickly said hello and then moved on to get a picture with another family. Well, Indy walked right into that picture and started posing with the family!

HAHA! This is hilarious! Now Indy has left her mark permanently with that family lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter