Who normally books a town car but will take Magical Express because its free?

Okiemom said:
Since we don't go until Nov, I am going to wait and see how it works for everyone. I do have that advantage. I really never waited that long for my luggage, and I agree it will take that much time to sign up at center and wait for bus to fill, and for bus to deliver to resorts. So, time will tell.

I'm doing the same thing. We aren't going until December, so I'm waiting to see how it works out.

Right now, I have a reservation for a towncar, but if Magical Express turns out to be great, then I may try it out. I do need to shop for some food, though, but the savings from the towncar is still more than buying some food at the grocery store at OKW. At least I don't think the prices for a few things would cost $100 more at OKW than Publix...could it? :scared1:

Our group will be giving ME a try this July/Aug ~ can't beat the price! I think this is a great incentive for those staying on site. We enjoyed using the town car services in the past, but we can't pass up the ME savings.

Lewisc said:
Incoming it doesn't matter what airline you fly. You can use them for transportation to the airport you just can't check your luggage at the resort. You'll have to get your luggage off the bus and check it yourself.

Just want to make sure I understand correctly. If I'm flying on SW, which is not one of the "approved" airlines, they will handle my luggage for me when I arrive in Orlando. But, when I leave Orlando, I will have to handle my own luggage? Does that mean that we can still ride on the Magical Express bus, but we have to put our luggage on the bus and get it off the bus? Don't mean to sound dense here, just want to be sure.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, you can use the Magical Express.

Your luggage will be handled by Disney upon arrival.(regardless of airline)

For your return, you are responsible for getting your luggage to the motorcoach, and getting it checked in at the airport, just like you would if you were travelling today.

Although DS & I have flown just the 2 of us to FL we have never had to get ourselves from MCO to WDW
This will hopefully be a help this Aug

shuttle. Even though Disney handles your luggage, wouldnt it accompany you on the same bus to the resorts? Therefore, making you wait for them to get your luggage and everyone else's before the bus leaves the airport?

Im not sure on this, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Angela

Your luggage will go on a separate truck to your resort, so you will not have to wait on it.

Sluggo

DD and I are going to give ME a try in May. I know it will be new and all the bugs may not be worked out of the system, but as someone else said, You can't beat the price. We will miss the grocery stop, but may give Wegoshop a try, or else just pick up a few things at the resort.

Anyone else just feel better knowing that you have your luggage with you?? (instead of waiting and hoping that it finds you later!)

TammyC said:
Anyone else just feel better knowing that you have your luggage with you?? (instead of waiting and hoping that it finds you later!)

This is one thing I'm waiting to hear about when the Magical Express reviews start coming. I understand that this is how luggage is handled for the cruise people, but I'm a little leery about not getting my luggage myself.

I usually time our arrival to milk the most out of our vacation and I hate wasting a travel day (or hour for that matter). Next March the plan is a 6:30 am flight out of PHL, MCO at 9, Tiffany to WDW resort with a stop for bottled water, drop the bags and be in Epcot before WS opens. We've done this before using Dollar's FastLane, but I don't see this senario working out with this new service. If reports come in here that it's faster than I expect, I'll consider it, otherwise I'll pay for TC to get that whole first day in.

Bill From PA

We have used towncar transfers, except for our 1999 trip where we tried a Mears Shuttle (which wasn't horrible, but certainly not as convenient as having a driver waiting for you to whisk you off to an air conditioned private car). Anyway, I am a sucker for saving a buck too, so we will give ME a go for our fall trip...unless the reports come back indicating we should steer clear at all costs.

blanq said:
Anyway, I am a sucker for saving a buck too, so we will give ME a go for our fall trip...unless the reports come back indicating we should steer clear at all costs.
It will be interesting to read the reports during the first few months of the Magical Express service. I have no doubt there will be some horror stories.

There will be guests who won't see their bags until the next day. The real reason will tend to be that their airline didn't load the bags properly at their home airport or connecting airport. Those bags wouldn't have been at baggage claim either. That happens today.

Some guests will arrive at the Disney Welcome Center at the airport just after a coach to their resort has left. They'll watch coach after coach leaving for other resorts until another coach departs for their resort.

Because each Magical Express coach will make 3 or 4 stops, some guests will arrive at their resort at the first stop but others will have to wait until the last stop.

And if a guest faces all three of the situations above, they'll post reports "indicating we should steer clear at all costs."

My guess is that Magical Express will work well for most guests most of the time. Their luggage will get to their resort fairly quickly. The wait at the airport will be reasonable because Disney will know ahead of time when guests will arrive and will schedule the coaches accordingly. And even if a coach makes several stops, the stops will be brief.

I think I need to hear some reviews of the Magical Express before I consider usin it.

I don't get how Disney gets through the security issues with this. I mean how many do they answer the "Have you packed your own bags & have they been with you the whole time?" question?

I like using a town car. We go straight from the airport to our hotel. And on the last day of our trip, if we are leaving late (like this year), we can stay in the park as long as possible.

Like in April, we are flying at 7:15pm out of Orlando. Our towncar driver is picking us up at 5:00pm at the hotel. If I had to worry about a shuttle going to several hotels, I dont think we could spend as long in the parks.

But like I said, I will need to hear some reviews before I make any decissions for our next trip.

This is my first trip in 4 years and will be using a towncar service. However, for my May trip I am taking advantage of the free Magical Express transportation because it saves $100.

We Used A Towncar On Ou First Trip And Really Liked It. Last Year We Used A Rental Car, Which Was A Real Pain. This Year We Will Use The Magical Express. We Are Arriving About Check In Time So I Will Probably Pack A Carryon With A Day's Supply Of Items Just In Case There Is A Problem With The Luggage. Mostly People Need To Be Very Patient When They Are Traveling. I Guess When We Are Of To Disney We All Get A Little Anxious. Its A Good Idea To Go Easy The First Day. We Are Off To Dd That Day. So We Will Not Be In Ahurry.

A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks. We'll try Magical Express. As far as luggage goes, I fly everywhere thinking it's going to get lost and pack my carryon accordingly.

We will be using Magical express for our Dec trip and using a shopping service in leu of the limo grocery stop. I feel saving the 100 bucks is important enough a savings to give it a try. If it's hard, slow or looses luggage, we'll go back to a limo service. BUT if the limo companies offer really good discounts, I may change my mind :teeth:

I don't know. I'm waiting to hear reviews when it starts. We've had bad experiences with Mears and I have said, "Never Again". We used Florida tours for our November trip and they were great. Still, the price tag for Magic Express makes it tempting! Hmmmmm..... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter