Who Needs Toes Anyway? A 2016 EBPC Trip Report *COMPLETE*

Following Art of Entertainment, we stayed in Studio Sea for the Cheese Seminar. James waited for all of the cheese to be handed out then slipped out. He was meeting Jimmy to play Marvel Trivia. We agreed to meet for lunch. I stayed for the seminar. It was interesting. I didn't care for the Brie, but I've never been a brie fan. The Boursin Cream Cheese and Smoke Gouda were out-of-this-world delicious!

7.jpg

Full of cheese, I went to find James. We were supposed to meet outside of Triton's.

4.jpg

I waited 15 minutes, but he never showed. I decided to hunt for him. While looking, I shared an elevator with a couple of characters, literally.

5.jpg6.jpg

I also saw Chip-It Golf being set up in the Atrium.

12.jpg

However, I didn't find my husband. Considering I wasn't remotely hungry, I went to the Disney Vacation Club seminar. I didn't have any interest in buying into DVC, however, the chance to win a $200 onboard credit was appealing. Plus, I didn't have anything better to do.

When I entered Studio Sea, I filled out a form to be entered into the onboard credit drawing and selected a drink. I chose a mimosa and a water. The mimosa was too strong for my tastes.

10.jpg
11.jpg

I nearly skipped out on the end because I didn't want to miss the beginning of dance class, but I was glad I stuck it out. I won the $200 onboard credit! Yippee! pixiedust:

When I showed up late to dance, James was waiting for me. He completely excused my tardiness when I told him about the credit. We were both in good spirits as we learned the waltz. I barely even noticed the new injuries. :scared:

After dance, James and I parted ways. While I was in the DVC seminar, James had eaten a few slices of pizza from Pinocchio's Pizzeria, so he went to play various forms of trivia. I was finally hungry so I headed for Goofy's Galley on deck 9.

8.jpg9.jpg

I selected a Turkey & Cranberry sandwich with honey-dew melon. It was very good.

13.jpg

I took my sandwich with me into The Buena Vista Theater. I watched Funny Girl. It was a good movie.

14.jpg 15.jpg

Following the movie, I returned to our cabin to shower and dress for dinner. Tonight was our second formal night. We had the Captain's Gala Menu.

16.jpg
17.jpg
fn1.jpg
fn2.jpg

One of the kids had the children's steak.

18.jpg

For his appetizer, James had the aged prosciutto.

19.jpg

I tried the oysters on a half shell. I didn't care for them.

20.jpg

Emily had the children's broccoli cheese soup.

21.jpg

Last edited:
Jimmy had the shrimp appetizer.

22.jpg

For his main course, Jimmy had the lobster tail.

23.jpg

James and I ordered a couple of items and shared them. First was the pork tenderloin. This was good.

24.jpg

Allison had the Thai Red Pumpkin and Coconut Curry.

25.jpg

James and I had the venison medallions. These were fantastic!

26.jpg

Someone had the chicken and fettucine.

27.jpg

Someone at our table had the apple pie.

28.jpg

James had the chocolate lava cake with extra ice cream.

29.jpg

Someone ordered the apricot trio.

30.jpg

I had double chocolate lava cakes. No, I wasn't able to eat them all.

31.jpg

After dinner, the kids abandoned us for the kids' clubs. James and I tried dancing in the atrium during the Officer's Reception. It was too crowded to remain for long. From there, we went back to our cabin, changed out of our dress clothes, then browsed the shops on deck 4 -- Mickey's Mates and Treasure Ketch.

Before long, it was time to find seats in the Walt Disney Theater. Tonight was VoicePlay. They were incredible!

32.jpg
33.jpg

It was a gorgeous night, so we decided to take a walk on deck 4.

34.jpg

We finished our walk and went to Wavebands to play Majority Rules. It was a hoot!

35.jpg

After the game, we stayed in Wavebands for Michelle Mallardi's performance.

36.jpg

Following Michelle was the second installment of Match Your Mate. Once again, it was hilarious! We did learn a valuable lesson during this game -- If you are going before an audience in any capacity, be conscious of the length of your skirt and what you may be wearing underneath. Feel free to use your imagination.

37.jpg

After the game, we collected the kids. Emily came back to the stateroom looking rather floral.

38.jpg

Tonight's towel animal.

ta.jpg

Another incredible day was behind us.

Up Next...Our last port day.

Last edited:

On Wednesday 9/7, I woke at 10am. James had woken up early with a headache and already visited the hot tub. Today we were in Cozumel. We'd visited Cozumel twice in the past. It has some nice shops, but James' head still ached so we decided to stay onboard.

971.jpg 972.jpg 973.jpg 974.jpg 975.jpg 976.jpg

By the time the kids and I got around, breakfast was over. The kids ran off, while I went up to deck 9 for some pictures and a snack.

15.jpg
16.jpg

I hit Goofy's Galley for a Turkey and Cranberry Sandwich and honeydew melon.

2.jpg

It was time for lunch. As always, my family went to Triton's. Today's menu was a repeat.

1.jpg

Once again, Jimmy had the seafood sampler.

3.jpg

The kids and I all had the mango soup.

4.jpg

James had the turkey melt.

5.jpg

I had the fusilli pasta with extra sauce.

6.jpg

Emily had the meatloaf.

7.jpg

Emily also had a side of French fries.

8.jpg

For dessert, James had the chocolate fudge pudding.

9.jpg

Emily had the strawberry shortcake.

10.jpg

I had the key lime pie.

11.jpg

The boys left lunch early to play a game in Diversions, so I ordered Jimmy a sundae to-go.

12.jpg 13.jpg

He appreciated the gesture.

14.jpg

Since we decided to remain onboard today, I thought I'd start to pack. The items waiting for me on the bed were another reminder that our Wonderful cruise was coming to an end.

17.jpg

I hadn't seen these in almost two weeks.

18.jpg

A quick update on the menagerie. There were a lot of animals on that table.

19.jpg

I spent the next two hours packing while watching The Princess and the Frog and the beginning of Ant Man. With that chore behind me, I headed up to deck 9 for a snack and a few more photos.

Here's a quick picture of the toppings bar for your burgers.

20.jpg

They finally served my favorite soft-serve flavor -- coconut/pineapple! I had to have one.

21.jpg

More pictures of Cozumel.

23.jpg 24.jpg

25.jpg 26.jpg

That breathtaking Caribbean blue.

27.jpg

I joined James, Emily, and the Irelands in the Promenade Lounge for Disney Trivia. By the time the game ended, it was time to collect Jimmy for dinner.

Tonight we had the Toy Story Menu.

22.jpg

James started with a roll.

28.jpg

Jimmy had the shrimp cocktail.

29.jpg

Lauren ordered the children's macaroni and cheese.

30.jpg

Emily had the children's steak.

31.jpg

For my appetizers, I had the bruschetta...

32.jpg

and the flat bread. This was soooo good!

33.jpg

Allison had the fire roasted tomato soup.

34.jpg

She also had the asparagus.

35.jpg

James had the potato croquettes.

36.jpg

Jimmy and I had the Trenette Pasta "Frizzi."

37.jpg

James, of course, had the rib eye steak.

38.jpg40.jpg

All of the kids had the bubblegum sundae.

39.jpg

James had A LOT of ice cream, courtesy of Claudius.

41.jpg

I had the cobbler and the cheesecake.

42.jpg 43.jpg

After dinner, we went to Studio Sea to play Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer. Neither mine or the Ireland kids were selected to play. Out of five cruises, it was the first time I saw a child lose at this game. In the past, the MC has always given the children hints until they guessed the correct answer. I guess Leslie wasn't feeling particularly generous today.

44.jpg 45.jpg

Our next activity was the Crew Talent Show. The Wonder has some very talented crew members. My family kept joking about the skills required to work for DCL. "So you want to scrape barnacles off the bottom of the ship? To qualify, you must be able to sing, dance, play three different instruments, and hold a smile for twenty hours straight."

46.jpg 47.jpg 48.jpg

We returned to our cabin after the Talent Show because our room hostess, Nerissa, granted my children a Magical Moment. She was going to teach them the art of napkin folding. Lauren accompanied us.

mm.jpg
50.jpg 51.jpg 52.jpg53.jpg

Last edited:
54.jpg 55.jpg 56.jpg 57.jpg

It was kind of Nerissa to take time out of her busy day to share this magical moment with us. We were thankful. Plus, now we can make our own menagerie at home.

Emily got new special sheets tonight.

58.jpg

When Nerissa left us, we headed to Studio Sea for family Karaoke. We ran into Sully along the way.

59.jpg

The kids chose to sing "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. Let's just say, we won't be winning a Grammy Award anytime soon.

60.jpg

After karaoke, we parted ways once again. James and I went to the Walt Disney Theater to watch John Charles' adult show. I swear that man can play every song known to man. He was entertaining.

We collected Emily after the show. Jimmy planned to stay in the Edge until 1am. James and Emily went to bed. I read my book and waited up for Jimmy.

Tonight's towel animal (in addition to all of the others).

49.jpg

Only one day left of this cruise. We intended to make the most of it.

Up Next...Our very busy final day.

On Thursday 9/8, we woke to our last full day on the Wonder. :( According to the Navigator, it looked like it would be a fun-filled day.

981.jpg 982.jpg 983.jpg 984.jpg 985.jpg

It was nearly time for Art of Entertaining. James had woken up early to use the hot tub so he was already up and around. He went to save us a seat in Studio Sea, while I got dressed. Today was the chef battle. We were both disappointed when we discovered that we wouldn't be sampling any food today. No wonder it was so easy to get a good seat!

1.jpg

When Art of Entertaining ended, we did our errand running, which included checking out today's lunch menu at Triton's.

2.jpg

We had eaten this menu earlier in the cruise, so we opted for the seafood barbeque that was taking place at Beach Blanket Buffet.

James' plate.

19.jpg

Emily’s first, rather empty plate.

20.jpg

Jimmy’s plate

21.jpg

My 1st plate. The potato and shrimp salads were really good. So was the key lime pie!

22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg

Our shared dessert plate.

25.jpg

My 2nd plate. The grilled lobster was yummy. So was the garlic bread (wrapped in the foil).

30.jpg

We left the kids with some snacks in the Promenade Lounge to play Disney Trivia. James and I went to dance class.

31.jpg

Willem and Natalia allowed us to video record them as they recapped everything they’d taught us during the cruise. Of all the activities we participated in onboard, I miss their class the most. They were amazing!

The kids met us in Wavebands for Kyle Knight and Mistie’s magic workshop. They taught us all a magic trick with string. Emily practiced and practiced the trick until she had it down. Then she did it for everyone she encountered the rest of the day. She was so proud of herself.

32.jpg

We dropped the kids off at the Oceaneer Lab so that they could practice for Friendship Rocks -- an end of cruise stage performance the kids put on for the parents in the Walt Disney Theater. James and I went back to the cabin to do a little housekeeping then went up to deck 9 to get an ice cream treat. They only had chocolate, vanilla, and twist. I chose vanilla.

34.jpg

From here, we went out on deck 4 to read for the last time. Usually we spend a lot more time out here, but we were so busy on this cruise that I only finished one book in two weeks. I’m usually a much heavier reader than that.

36.jpg

While we were on deck 4, a pod of dolphins swam by. I missed the shot, but here’s a picture of where the dolphins had been. You'll have to use your imagination. :)

35.jpg

Before long, it was time for Friendship Rocks. It was a cute program. Jimmy and Emily were in the back row so I didn’t get to see them during the performance, but they were in some of the pictures that appeared on the screen in the background. They both received blue Friendship Rocks t-shirts to take home as souvenirs.

When the program ended, it was time for dinner. We had the Till We Meet Again Menu.

37.jpg
38.jpg

Emily ordered the children’s surf–n-turf.

39.jpg

Emily also ordered the lobster bisque. She didn’t care for it.

40.jpg

Christopher ordered the children’s macaroni and cheese. He and Lauren had this a lot during the cruise. They loved it!

41.jpg

Last edited:
Lauren ordered buttered noodles.

42.jpg

For my appetizer, I had the gravlax. I love smoked salmon.

43.jpg

Someone ordered the children's broccoli-cheese soup.

44.jpg

Allison had the asparagus spears.

45.jpg

Jimmy had the garlic-marinated shrimp.

46.jpg

I had the cranberry salad.

47.jpg

Jimmy also had the dill and lemon marinated shrimp.

48.jpg

I had the chicken schnitzel.

49.jpg

Allison had the sweet and sour tofu.

50.jpg

Don ordered the salmon.

51.jpg

For his main course, James had the beef wellington. This was one of his favorite dishes on the cruise.

52.jpg

Onto dessert...

53.jpg

Jimmy and Emily both ordered double baked Alaska. They loved this dessert!

54.jpg

Lauren ordered a standard portion of baked Alaska.

55.jpg

Allison had fruit and cookies.

56.jpg

Jimmy also ordered the sweet temptation. He only liked the celebration cake.

57.jpg

James had apple pie with ice cream and caramel sauce.

58.jpg

I had the celebration cake. It was yummy! I also tried a sliver of the kids' baked Alaska. I didn't care for it.

59.jpg

I also had the apple pie.

60.jpg

To end the meal, the servers performed a parade of nations around the restaurant. It was a very Disneyesque way to wrap up our dining experience.

61.jpg

Thank you so much for doing such a detailed trip report. I am getting full just looking at all the food photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter