who loves their guide?

Lisa Poppins

Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!
Just a quick question about your guides? I was wondering if anyone out there had a guide they really liked ? If so could you pass their name along? I had the same guide,Michael Cramer, for the past 7 years. I really liked him. He was always their to answer any questions and he often called us with updates on latest DVC info. The best part was that he was never pushy or waisted my time with nonsense sales pitches. I'm looking to request a new guide with these qualities. Any help would be appreciated
:):):)

Lisa Poppins

My guide's name is Tod Bearding he is simply amazing. I have bought 700 direct points from him, his service is really over the top.

Stephanie Sheiner (sp?) patient, friendly, bent over backwards for my paltry sale which i then split into 3 contracts

Ron Brumbaugh is my guide, and he was very pleasant and easy to work with on my VGF sale. He wasn't pushy at all when I first called to inquire about VGF.

Judy Kaufman. She has been our guide since 2000 and has handled our initial purchase and all our add ons. She is wonderful, patient, friendly and very thorough in answering any and all questions.

I have bought six times (master contract in 2006 and five add-on's since) from Tim Grabman, who is totally wonderful...responsive, completely non-pushy, well-educated on DVC and how it works, and as friendly as I want him to be (makes time for me when I want to stop by when I'm at Disney, but doesn't ever "expect" (or even ask me) to do so...he made every add-on as easy as could be...can't recommend him enough...

Jim McCoy! Can't say enough great things about him. First began talking to him in 2001 although we ended up not purchasing until 2004. Original contract plus 3 (4?) add-ons.

My guide's name is Tod Bearding he is simply amazing. I have bought 700 direct points from him, his service is really over the top.

He is our guide too and we feel the same way about him :goodvibes. He always makes sure to call us when we check into our DVC resort (wherever it is) to say hi and hopes that we have a Magical Vacation. He is a very nice guy who is always there when we need him.

...He always makes sure to call us when we check into our DVC resort (wherever it is) to say hi and hopes that we have a Magical Vacation. He is a very nice guy who is always there when we need him.

No disrespect, but you do know that Disney uses a software to generate those "reminders" upon check in, right? Your guide will get a message every time his / her client checks in. With that message, they are expected / advised to give you that sales pitch call.

I don't know who my guide is, because I bought resale. One day, I checked in and there was a voicemail for us. We were welcomed and invited to visit to pick up a "free gift" from him at the Saratoga Sales Center. So we did... only to find out that the guide is not even located in Florida. He works in California or remote site office. Those calls were done similar to a call center routine, nothing personal, just routine sales calls. Nobody at the Saratoga Sales Center knew about the "gift" and it turned out to be some lame DVC keychain or something like that.

We still get those "courtesy calls" every time we travel to DVC as most of you have. I simply ignore those calls... they are nothing more than telemarketing calls, "wanting to say hi"... yeah sure, with an invitation for add-on of course.

He is our guide too and we feel the same way about him :goodvibes. He always makes sure to call us when we check into our DVC resort (wherever it is) to say hi and hopes that we have a Magical Vacation. He is a very nice guy who is always there when we need him.

To date, we have enjoyed 10 DVC vacations at WDW and not received a single phone call from our guide :confused:

Our DVC person is Jonathan Grier. He just calls out of the blue to make sure everything is ok. I'm not sure if he has to do this, but I sure do appreciate it! Our original person was Nicki Auemiller and we loved her.

We bought all our contracts (except one small resale from TSS) from one DVC sales person long ago. We have a different salesperson now and have never met him. We're not buying any more points anyway.

Nick Tamberrino is great! Not at all pushy or sales-y. Great at returning DH's phone calls.

we've had about 7-8 guides since 1999 - joan hill has been our guide for the past few years.
she is one of only 2 guides that called us every WDW DVC vacation. dorky, i know, but we look forward to it :)

while we have no plans to buy more points, all of our dealings with her have been exceptional :thumbsup2

Nick Tamberrino is great! Not at all pushy or sales-y. Great at returning DH's phone calls.

This is our friends guide and they love him too, in fact they even set up a meeting for us so we could talk about buying with him however he told us a few things to persuade us to buy direct rather than resale, things I knew to be untrue (like that disney were buying ALL resale including AKL) so I'm not keen. We since bought AKL resale ;)

Jim McCoy! Can't say enough great things about him. First began talking to him in 2001 although we ended up not purchasing until 2004. Original contract plus 3 (4?) add-ons.

Jim is also our guide. We first met Jim seven years before we purchased (OKW stay in 1998). We have added on twice with Jim. Love him.:thumbsup2

The two times we bought direct (2002 and 2007) we bought from a pleasant old gentleman called Marshall Sutton I believe. Unfortunately he passed, and we've probably had 3 or 4 guides since then, but never met any of them, nor have we ever received any phone calls upon check-in. The roulette wheel turns....

Jim is also our guide. We first met Jim seven years before we purchased (OKW stay in 1998). We have added on twice with Jim. Love him.:thumbsup2

Jim is our guide as well and I would highly recommend him to anyone. To say he is a true gentleman is an understatement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter