who likes POFQ

POFQ is our favorite resort in the mod's!! There is not one negative thing that could say about it. We give it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 !!

POFQ is definetly the way to go. It's my favorite moderate resort ever. I dont like Riverside because it is just too darn big. When you are at FQ there are no 'bad' bldgs to be in because everything is close by to the main building and the pool. It doesnt feel like a small resort though. It almost feels like more of a town with apartments instead of hotel rooms because of the streets. The CMs there are some of the best I have found. I definetly recommend renting bikes and taking a ride around FQ and Riverside. Also, when you go to Downtown Disney, take the boat, not the bus. It's a great ride and some of the funniest and most knowledgeable Captians work that route. Out of my 18 trips to Disney, 9 of them have been at FQ. Hope you're feelnig better about your reservations after these posts! :)

wow so many good reports thank you all so much :thumbsup2

pooh93,thanks i'll look forward to hearing all about your stay :)

karen,my kids will be the same ages as yours when we go :)

strommie,look forward to hearing all about your stay as well ;)

thank you again for you good comments i feel easier now about staying here :)

We love POFQ. We have stayed there several times, the latest being Dec 2005. We would be staying there this Spring except we have moved to POP for financial reasons...

I think you will have a great time

YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY LOVE STAYING ON SITE WE STAYED POFQ IN APRIL OF 05 AND LOVED IT WE STAYED WITH DD 2.YO AT THAT TIME --AND CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK THIS TIME W/ GRANDPARENTS AND AUNTIE PLANNING APRIL 07 TRIP DD IS ALREADY "GISIGHTED"(EXCITED) TO SEE CINDRELLA AGAIN!!!
ENJOY YOUR TRIP :teeth:

We'll be there in a few hours! :cheer2: It will be DH, me, DD17 and her friend, DD3 who will turn 4 on Sunday and my mom and dad. I'll post how it is when we get back. :) We stayed at CBR back in 1989 and then we have stayed at the Contemporary and AKL; POFQ sounds like a nice and relaxing resort.

Lynn

We love and enjoy POFQ so much that when we started planning a family trip for January, 2007, my parents offered to pay the difference between POP and POFQ, just so they could stay there again. The pool is fun, the food court is good, the rooms are very nice. We're very excited to be staying there next January.

hi lynn :wave2:
enjoy your trip look forward to hearing from you when you get back :)

We spent our honeymoon at Port Orleans and loved it! The theming of the buildings is great and it's small and easy to navigate. We also liked the closeness to DD since we spent almost every night exploring the stores and restaurants there. We were going to stay at POFQ this trip until we saw the great rates for the Swan - couldn't pass up $139 a night to try the Swan!!

I was aprehensive at staying at POFQ as well before we went on our trip last Sept. I actually loved the resort. I enjoyed how close everything was to our room, which is nice after a long day at the parks. The rooms themselves were very nice and the hotel was never noisy. My DD loved the pool area. I would definately stay there again!

Just wanted to say that I love POFQ too. I stayed there for the last two years. I can't bring myself to stay anywhere else. The resort is beautiful, it's not too big. I like the short walk along the river to POR. There is nothing bad about this hotel!

thanks again for your replies :thumbsup2

jenrose,how long would you say it took to walk to POR? we were thinking of having a few evenings over the there and also letting the boys use their pool as well :)

Was about 10 minutes tops. We were walking slow and watching the ducks and other birds.

Good luck!!! :goodvibes

Even tho we prefer to stay at the Swan/Dolphin - we did stay POFQ last summer for the free dining promo. It was very nice. Our room was clean & fresh. We liked the atmosphere. Transporation was fine for buses. I was glad we were at FQ as we were picked up first. Food Court was finne for the little that we used it. Boat to DTD was very nice.

Only downside for us was the pool. It's really geared more toward the younger set & we were an adult & a 17yo.

POFQ is the best resort in my opinion. Both I and my DFi fell in love with the place when we stayed there last September. The resort is very beautiful and nicely themed. I liked the size and found it to be very peaceful there. Even though the other resorts seem nice, I can't imagine staying at any of them since staying at FQ. On all future visits I plan on staying there.

We do! It's our favorite moderate! We have stayed there several times, two kids, teen and pre-teen and never a bad room or experience. Recently updated rooms, great food court, good bus service. The best plus is it is smaller than the others so you don't walk a MILE to get somewhere. You will be happy with your choice! :thumbsup2

We LOVE POFQ! :love:

HPIM0741_1.jpg

HPIM0566.jpg

HPIM0565_1.jpg

HPIM0561_1.jpg

HPIM0558_1.jpg

[/IMG]

Can't wait to stay there again in May!

Don't care for the shared transportation and lack of services. No sit down restaurant either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter