Who likes pocky?

AngieBelle

<font color=#FF0066>Future Belle on Broadway<br><f
Has anyone else discovered the joy of Pocky? It's a Japanese product sold at Epcot- biscuits dipped in a coating like chocolate or strawberry. mmmmm. It's a favorite treat for me and my boyfriend. We saw them at Walmart last week for the first time- half the price of Disney. We bought around 4 boxes worth! hehehe. Epcot has more variety though.

Mmmm... I love Pocky! :love: They sell it at Walmart??? Usually, we have to go to Chinatown in Toronto (closest big city) to find it!!! I'll remember that, thanks Angie :earsgirl:

I tried them for the first time about 10 years ago in Japan. I was estatic to find it in Epcot a couple of years ago. I bought about 6 boxes to bring home!

They might not sell it at all Walmarts...we live right near Disney, and our Walmart has a nice international section in the grocery area. The sell the British candy bars that Epcot has too.

I'll try freezing it next time. :)

I LOVE POCKY! pocky pocky pocky! Strawberry pocky, chocolate pocky, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm My favorite? GREEN TEA POCKY!!! I'm serving it at our very Asian infused wedding next year! Honeymooning at WDW! Where I will buy POCKY! :tongue:

They sell it at Walmart and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just our chocolate lover child likes them though!! But hey--more for dh and I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been eating Pocky for years. In Indonesia they've been around since the 70's. I love dipping it in coffee before eating it. I love to just suck the chocolate off of it first, then munch on the cracker.

Back home they used to have a Pocky with nuts on it. :teeth:

They sell it at Safeway and Albertsons here! My kids love it. They are going to love the fact that they can get it at Epcot!

I love that stuff. I had it for the first time when we went to Disneyland 5 years ago. Our local Walmart has them and I bought some of the almond covered ones this past weekend at Media Play. As a matter of fact, that is what I had for breakfast!

I wanted the giant Pocky that they had in Epcot, but I think it was like 16.00 a box. They looked like they were huge. I wonder how big they were...

Jess

My DGf is Chinese and looooves that stuff... I personally haven't had it yet, but now I think I may try :)

oogieboogie said:
I've been eating Pocky for years. In Indonesia they've been around since the 70's. I love dipping it in coffee before eating it. I love to just suck the chocolate off of it first, then munch on the cracker.

Back home they used to have a Pocky with nuts on it. :teeth:

I loved Pocky with nuts! I grew up in Malaysia for part of my childhood and I remember having them in the 80's... yum!

I love pocky i order it online all different flavors got to have my japanese snacks all different kinds. i like the dark chocolate kind the milk chocolate kind is good to :cool1: They also have tomato flavor pizza flavor honey, strawberry all kinds not just chocolate they also have a reverse where the chocolate is on the inside and the biscuit on the outside.

misslissa said:
Mmmm... I love Pocky! :love: They sell it at Walmart??? Usually, we have to go to Chinatown in Toronto (closest big city) to find it!!! I'll remember that, thanks Angie :earsgirl:

I live in Mississauga and we get them all the time at Sobey's and Loblaws. Also Longo's they usually have them with the sushi

MMMM pocky!

strawberry pocky is my favorite!!
We get them at wal-mart and its so much cheper than if you were to buy it at Epcot.

Ok I have to ask how expensive is it in Epcot. I buy it for my DD17 at the local asian mkt for $.99. I thought it was pretty inexpensive.

Of course I also buy the bottles of sugar water, the ones with the marble as a stopper,for $1.29 and they sell for much more in Epcot. I read the label I will never do that again water, sugar with dextrose (sugar)\, Corn syrup (more sugar) now wonder kids bounce off the wall after drinking it. :rotfl:

fran99999 said:
Ok I have to ask how expensive is it in Epcot. I buy it for my DD17 at the local asian mkt for $.99. I thought it was pretty inexpensive. QUOTE]

I believe they are about $2.19 give or take a few cents.
At wal-mart they are only .88 cents.

These sound great. My son wants to take snacks from the countries in Epcot for his class for a birthday snack after our trip. These will be great, especially if I can buy them at Wal-Mart. Do you have any other suggestions that would work for my son (He is in the 4th grade)?
Janell

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter