Who knows who Oswald is?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Oswald lover, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Oswald lover

Oswald lover Hylian

Who actually knows who Oswald is? I do, but i dont know who else does because he`s so old. Plz don`t just go and look him up on Google! After 10 guesses, Ill post what I think in my own words. :)

OK, OK, you guys obviously know who he is. i didn`t think of all of the millions of fans on here who would know... ANYWAY, here`s what i would`ve said. Oswald (the lucky rabbit) was Walt Disney`s first character. But then he thought that Mickey was "better" so he`s the star of the parks and Oswald gets mad because he stole his role (in Epic Mickey 1) so hes out to get him. Don`t know if even half of that is correct, but that`s what i`ve heard.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

Many, many people on this forum know who Oswald is.

4. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Oswald The Lucky Rabbit was Walt Disney's first cartoon character with a name. The star of the Alice Comedies (Virginia Davis) was a live player with unnamed cartoon characters.

5. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

You'll find many on this section of the DIS are pretty knowledgable on Oswald. pixiedust:

6. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~Oswald is making a comeback and is featured in the Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two video game, which will be released tonight at midnight! The game will be released on all of the gaming platforms and even PC! If you happen to see people lined up at the stores tonight, they'll be picking up their Wii U system. Right now, Mario is favored in our household, so I might look into getting this sometime later, if the reviews are great. :goodvibes

[​IMG]

7. A Mickeyfan

A Mickeyfan DIS Veteran

Did you really think we didn't know? :confused3

8. Oswald lover

Oswald lover Hylian

haha so true ::yes::

9. disneysteve

disneysteve You have to enjoy life, not go

Walt created Oswald while working for another company. When he left, he learned that he didn't own the rights to Oswald. He had to create a new character. So he shortened the ears and changed from a rabbit to a mouse and ended up with Mickey (or Mortimer as Walt originally wanted to name him).

10. yensidetlaw

yensidetlaw Earning My Ears

Oswald the (un)lucky wwwrrrrabbit! He was horrifically dragged into slavery in the Universal Pictures quarters of Hollywood, by the EVIL Baron Charles Mintz...

As a side note... Does anyone know the name of the "bad guy" in UP? His name is Charles Muntz... Coincidence? I think not :) quite clearly a dig at the guy who took away Walt Disney's first successful character!:rotfl2:

11. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

Can't wait to get Epic Mickey 2.

12. Mrs D

Mrs D I realize most people don't hear editing.

My Mom ordered it for my son as his Christmas present. I'm not sure I can wait that long! :rotfl:

13. luke

luke SeƱor Mejor

I was thinking like this too, especially with the sequel being on 'proper' consoles (I got annoyed with playing the first one on the wii after a while).

Sadly though, as with the first, reviews aren't coming out massively favourably with problems that were in the first game reappearing :(

:goodvibes

14. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~Look at the nunchucks for Epic Mickey 2, they're just too cute!!!

[​IMG]

Also, Oswald has his own gas station at DCA, and Disney now sells rabbit ears, so there! :rotfl: :goodvibes

15. Bonko

Bonko Earning My Ears

I was happy to get a free pair of Oswald ears by going to San Diego Comic Con

16. ADP

ADP <marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu