Who is planning on being in Disneyland 7/17/2015?

I'm not sure if anyone will have the answer, but...

Does anyone know (or would anyone be willing to take a guess at) how long we might have to stake out a spot on Main Street for the first PtN and fireworks? I've been reading that about 5pm is the time, but I'm wondering if it'll be different on the actual anniversary.

At least 5pm, In fact I would guess people will be staying in there spots after soundsational. We were there about a week ago and lined about at about 6pm for PTN. We were way too late for a main street position on the curb and were lined up in front of the hub where they were roping off the parade spectators. We were in position to be at the front of the rope so for the parade the view was great but were more in front of Jolly Holiday so didn't have the best view of main street for projections during the fireworks.

We will be at VGC from 16th-20th. Been booked from the first day available at 11month mark, last August.
I did the same, visiting from the 15th to 20th.
...I signed up for the d23 60th Anniverary get-together with Marty Sklar and Tony Baxter on a whim and actually got in...
I'm also confirmed for the D23 event. It's so rare that an event is announced than coincides with an already planned visit.

I'm also confirmed for the D23 event. It's so rare that an event is announced than coincides with an already planned visit.

It's kind of funny, I live in Arkansas and after being in the parks on May 22nd, my wife was pretty adamant that we wouldn't be back for a while (our toddler and a 7 week pregnancy didn't help!!).

I got in to the d23 thing and the ball started rolling and now I'll be back for the 17th... Can't wait!

We will be at VGC from 16th-20th. Been booked from the first day available at 11month mark, last August. We have a group of 8 and plan on doing "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour on the 17th and not sure how to get the best benefit of the tour to get through lines and to places and events on that day. I had originally thought to have the afternoon tour when the park would be the most crowded but then the tour would potentially be underway during some opening ceremonies. Any thoughts on when (or if) we should schedule to tour & meal?

Hey, wild thought...

You have a group of 8, I have a group of 2, and the limit on a VIP tour guide is 10.

Would you want to split a VIP tour 10 ways for the 17th? I could definitely chip in 20% of the total if it is something you are interested in.

OH man!! Sorry that I did not see your offer before I made our WIWF reservation today! I just couldn't' stomach the 6 hr commitment and $2400 for the VIP tour on the 17th. However, I did check and there was still available VIP tour space for the 17th if other DISers want to pick up on your offer. I got the WIWF for the afternoon of the 18th for my group.

Sorry...

OH man!! Sorry that I did not see your offer before I made our WIWF reservation today! I just couldn't' stomach the 6 hr commitment and $2400 for the VIP tour on the 17th. However, I did check and there was still available VIP tour space for the 17th if other DISers want to pick up on your offer. I got the WIWF for the afternoon of the 18th for my group.

Sorry...

I called in at 10 am CST for WIWF and it was booked! Like, immediately. The CM that helped me was shocked as well.

I am going to be there the week of 7/13 and have no desire to go anywhere near the parks on 7/17. I just hope the crowds are manageable on 7/13 and 7/14.

I just booked Discover the Magic for the littles and me on the 17th. I had budgeted for breakfast at Goofys Kitchen on the 18th, but figured if it's crowded it might be worth it to do this instead :D

There is also a third WoC slated for 11:15 pm (and DCA's closure time is listed as 11:00 pm - an hour later than normal). Diamond Mad T Party also has different times listed (7:00 pm to 11:00 pm, with performances at 7:00 pm, 8:30 pm, 9:30 pm, and 10:30 pm).

Curiouser and curiouser! I wonder if this is in response to the 24 hour event crowd issues and if they're expecting something similar on the 17th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter