Who Invited My Mother In Law? A Moderately Deluxe TR All New X 3 & PTR Link 2/3 !!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by shan23877, May 7, 2012.

1. pkondz

pkondz Hoping to get lucky

Oh, no. That sucks.... uh... considering your condition, I'll change that to:
    Oh, no. That blows.

And I'm sure he bought that, right?

I'm guessing there was a driver too.

Maybe there was a squirrel on the rail again. Have you seen that video?
    I can't post it 'cause I'm at work and we can't access youtube... but google squirrel on monorail at disney and that should do it.

But I'm sure your hair still looked great.

Just surreptitiously take the cost of two leis out of her college fund.

That'll learn her.

:rotfl: That makes perfect sense!

:lmao: That's great! And I'm sure that even though 50% of the parents at the table were feeling under the weather, they were both grinning from ear to ear.

Classic. Fist to mouth pose. Boy you sure can tell she's excited. :)

Awwww....

You know those people (and we all know who those people are) who say you shouldn't take kids to Disney until they're old enough to remember everything?

[​IMG]

But it's nice that she was kind enough to give him an option. :rolleyes1:

Can't wait to hear about it. Hope the sniffles didn't put too much of a damper on the day. Thanks for the chapter Shanuffles. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

Hopefully your allergies calmed down soon!!

Your breakfast at Ohana sounds really good! We've never been there before, but it looks like fun!

4. disneygirl520

disneygirl520 Adventure is out there!

Hopefully you started to feel better soon. The Ohana is my all time favorite restaurant in all of Disney, I just think the entire thing is so great. It's moments like Maddie marching with Pluto that makes Disney so magically.

5. RGirl

RGirl Change Is Good

Hi Shannon! I loved reading about your Cali Grill meal - as you know, I am planning on our first signature dining experience this coming year, so it was great to read such a positive review. The view looked amazing!!!

Oh no! I’m sorry that you got sick. I mean, I guess it was good that it was on the last day, but it just bites to go home sick. :( The ‘Ohana breakfast always looks like so much fun! I really need to break down and give it a try - I was so disappointed with the much-hyped dinner there that I haven’t really been able to make myself book the breakfast! :laughing:

6. Disney9.9.10

Disney9.9.10 DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to read about your allergies, but glad that you had such a good time at Ohana. Your dd looks so excited! Adorable. We go to Ohana quite frequently on our trips, it is a great meal, beautiful location, wonderful characters - doesn't get much better than that!

7. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I love O'Hana breakfast. Looks like Maddie had a great time all breakfast times should be that much fun!

8. JDailey

JDailey Mouseketeer

There is nothing worse than feeling bad in Disney! I guess the only good thing was it was your last day.

9. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Oh no...I can't believe you woke up not feeling well on the last day of the trip. :sad1:

We've never done Ohanas for breakfast...couple of reasons--don't like Stitch and the lack of food offerings (the only way I eat eggs is in an omelette and I prefer to have a variety at breakfast.

BUT oh what a morning for Princess Maddie. I can't pick a favorite picture because they are all wonderful. But if I was forced to do so, it would be the one of her holding hands with Pluto. :goodvibes

10. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Ugh. Being sick on vacation is terrible. Sorry you woke up sick. At least it wasn't a stomach virus.

Breakfast looks great! We've always had great interactions with Stitch...

And Maddie with Pluto is just adorable. Seems like a very magical morning.

11. Curiouser&curiouser!

Curiouser&curiouser! DIS Veteran

You always hear how great Ohana is for dinner, that I have never even considered it for breakfast! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Hope being sick doesn't ruin the last day!

12. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Uggh! Sick on your last day at Disney? At least you felt well enjoy to keep trudging along. And, thank goodness that you did because breakfast at Ohana looks like a complete success! Maddie's face when the characters came around is lit up like a Christmas tree. So sweet!

13. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

Yayyyy!! I have to say, my experience with Ohana wasn't the greatest, but I probably would go back! I really do want to try it for dinner! Also, definitely teared up a bit at the awesome character times with Maddie, that's so amazingly adorable!!

14. ronnmel

ronnmel DIS Veteran

Once again, Maddie cracks me up with her giving her dad two choices for the next Disney vacation. She's already picking up on the fact that parents like to give options to kids to pretend that the kids really have a choice, when in the end they will do what the parent wanted anyway. :rotfl2:

15. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

Had a few updates to catch on after being gone!

Hahaha, I love Maddie's stuffed animals, but I have to say, Perry always cracks me up. He looks like such a doofus, I love it!

Ooohhhh, California Grill. That's some fancy stuff!

No poor Bryan being stuck looking at you! That means he had a beautiful sight to behold during dinner! :goodvibes

I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal. California Grill is on my list all the time, yet I still haven't made it there.

Oh no, not being able to taste your breakfast at Ohana?! That stinks!!!

I'm glad that Maddie had a good time at Ohana! I like it more than Chef Mickey's. It's fun but not over the top, which I love.

16. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

Oh no! I'm so sorry you were feeling sick on your last day. I completely know how you must've felt. Spoiler alert: I got sick the last couple of days on our trip. It just stinks, right?!? :sad2:

Too funny that you were posting about breakfast at 'Ohana. If I ever get around to posting my next update, that's what it is. Let's just say I felt the same way about Lilo. :rolleyes:

Maddie is just so precious! She really seems to have such a great spirit and is so much fun.

17. Bethislucy

Bethislucy DIS Veteran

Lol I love that. We are going on a trip next year w/ my neice & nephew and my trip report will be titled something like because if we don't take her soon she's going with out us.

My neice is 4 she will be 5 when we go and she is going with or without us.

18. catherines_mama

catherines_mama DIS Veteran

So glad I finally got back on track with your TR. DIS on my iPhone is a lifesaver. LOL

California Grill sounded great- ill need to consider that one when DH and I go solo.

19. Cinderella909

Cinderella909 Mouseketeer

She's has his number! My DGD has already picked out the new Duffy outfit and the new Disney Girl dress (Rapunzel) for next year. For her, it's a given that we'll go next year (is there any better way to celebrate one's birthday). I'm just hoping that her Daddy comes around. My DGD has his number too!

And, BTW, am I the only one who thinks the little girl in the Tyson Chicken commerical looks just like Maddie? I think of her whenever I see the commerical!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories with all of us! Karen

20. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

Sorry you were not feeling well on your last day. I hope it didn't overshadow your day.

Ohana's is Kadence favorite meal and for all the reasons you just posted. She loves Stitch, she loves the interaction which I think is some of the best of all character meals, and we like the food.
    He licked her head the first time we were there and she fell in love.:love:

It's why we go to WDW too. Why wait until they are jaded teens.:confused3

21. smidgy

smidgy dimples

oh no! I hate feeling ill on vacation.. I hope you got better soon. ohanas breakfast meal looked great!