Who has stayed at a Grandvilla at BLT?

ain0004

DIS Veteran
I am still leaning towards getting a grand villa on our next stay. Party of 12. 6 kids 6 adults. Some feel that a 2 bedroom and a studio (points friendly) would be better. Other feel its too much running between rooms and there will not be enough space for meals and so on. So who has stayed in a grand villa?? was it worth the points? Would you have rather stayed in separate rooms? We are taking 10 night trip. FYI all the 6 kids are girls and range from 13 to 6.

We had a party of 20 and opted to two with three 2BRs to save points. It also gave families some private time. We found that one family was an early riser and another slept in each morning. So they often began their days differently and met up later.

I too would like to know if it is really better to have a BLT Grand Villa. The BLT GV does has more sleeping arrangements that other resorts do not have as it has a pull out couch in the loft and the living room. But I still think placing 12 people in 2044 sq. ft. is asking for trouble. Our house is about that size and we usually have 11 for the holidays and I am thankful when they go elsewhere to sleep each night.

We stayed in a lake view GV this past March. There were only 8 of us as another family canceled at the last minute. That being said, we went from 12 to 8 and that worked out great. The are plenty of beds but there isn't as much privacy as you would think. The two story layout especially at BLT lends itself to lots of noise reverberations. The common area between the bedrooms upstairs had a pullout couch but whoever sleeps there will need to share a bathroom in one of the bedrooms. The downstairs has an extra bathroom that is really nice but there isn't any privacy. The table and kitchen are great- very roomy and fun to have a sit down meal in one place. IMO, we were good with 8 (4 adults, 4 girls) in the GV but it would have been surprisingly tight if we had 12. In your case, you may want to consider other options but keep in mind that the studios are really cramped.

All in all, it was fun to stay in a GV as the two story windows and views were awesome. Since all the kids in your crowd are girls, I would plan on the GV and enjoy it for what it is.

I liked the idea of 2 pulls out couches. The girls are small and always will cram together. If they had a king size all 6 would try to sleep in it lol. So I was thinking 3 and 3 would be perfect. The adults can have their own room. The living area looks big enough for a air stress if we want more room. But then again. 2 treehouse a would be cheaper than a grand villa. Again trying to avoid running between rooms.

We have stayed in the BLT Grand Villa and loved it, We were 8 adults. My only disappointment there was the fact that there should be more seating in the living room, but with 6 kids, that should not matter to you. We loved having everyone together and would do it again.

We loved the GV at BLT. We had a group of 10 (7 adults, 3 kids) and it worked out okay. I do love the door on the 2nd floor of the GV that leads out to the hallway outside the viewing deck. Even with a lake view room it as steps to a fireworks view.

Personally I would not put 8 adults into a BLT grand villa. Not enough privacy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter